We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Real ID - world of facebook, game over

Go down 
+12
Ryleen
Avior
Tavecy
Vypra
Shadowtroll
Manovan Marrowsteel
Opathu
Leaf
munechi
Siheld
Legothom
Vexacus
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Aghandor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 12, 2010 7:04 pm

meh, turnng it off will have to do, then. Either that or severely limit who I make a real ID friend, and make sure they don't real id anyone not trustworthy.. or mayhap it is just better to turn it off at all. I do lik the cross realm cross faction chatting with a few good friends, though. Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 23, 2010 7:26 am

for those who are still unsure how to turn off realID, wow'com's feature: http://www.wow.com/2010/07/08/customizing-and-opting-out-of-real-id/ explains all Smile

Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 6:39 pm

lol that guide is garbage, seems easier to just stop playing rather than jumping through hoops to make sure MY personal information isn't shared for all.
Back to top Go down
Tavecy

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 7:49 pm

Not criticizing anyone who still enjoys the game but I quit WoW with the real ID crap and I know they backed off on the real id on forums (for now)

It's just not the game I once enjoyed, Vanilla and TBC was awesome but it seems they are trying to to change it into something that will appeal to the Facebook people who enjoy Farmville. And I have never cancelled my account before just let it remain "Frozen" but this time I have actually cancelled it.

I know Im not gonna change anyones mind and I dont want to I have just lost any excitement I had for Cataclysm and I am quite happy in Everquest 2
for now, and will stay there untill SW The old republic is released.

Life goes on and you stop playing certain games at one point and the same goes for mmorpgs. I had alot of fun in WoW but those times will never return so I will look forward to the future and hopefully more fun and meeting awesome new people and hopefully some people from SSL will be there.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 26, 2010 8:18 pm

I'm sure you're not the only one matey. Hope to still see you round here form time to time even if you;re no longer in WoW Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 7:48 am

Tavecy wrote:
Not criticizing anyone who still enjoys the game but I quit WoW with the real ID crap and I know they backed off on the real id on forums (for now)

It's just not the game I once enjoyed, Vanilla and TBC was awesome but it seems they are trying to to change it into something that will appeal to the Facebook people who enjoy Farmville. And I have never cancelled my account before just let it remain "Frozen" but this time I have actually cancelled it.

I know Im not gonna change anyones mind and I dont want to I have just lost any excitement I had for Cataclysm and I am quite happy in Everquest 2
for now, and will stay there untill SW The old republic is released.

Life goes on and you stop playing certain games at one point and the same goes for mmorpgs. I had alot of fun in WoW but those times will never return so I will look forward to the future and hopefully more fun and meeting awesome new people and hopefully some people from SSL will be there.

Well I won't be far behind you... I still have another week or two paid for but then it's adios for me also.
TBH I fancy a break from gaming for a while anyway, though doubtless will return at some point.

I do plan to play old republic and the idea of a good 40K MMO gets me aroused, but in the meantime I will content myself with poasting abuse at you in random carp section here.

See you around suckers! Wink
Back to top Go down
Aghandor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptySat Jul 31, 2010 10:50 am

Uncle vex leaving? Inconceivable!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 9:16 am

'Uncle Vex has left the building ... uh-huh-huh'
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Tavecy

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 8:09 pm

Been playing Dungeon & Dragons Online a bit lately and like it alot so far.
I love exploring the world and dreaming of wonderful adventures
that is ahead. I havent had this much fun in a mmorpg in a long time.

I play as a ranger on Sarlona (Tavecy) if anyone wants to say hi.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 8:11 am

Well, I've been trying the Catacylsm Beta for a couple of days... it's ok, vaguely interesting, but nothing amazing IMO. Not yet anyway. Tried a Worgen for a few levels, to level 12; then a goblin for a couple of levels. My problem is that I'm bored of levelling. So I copied a test realm character over and went to Orgrimmar: it's been remodelled, with new buildings etc. It's still vaguely the same, but different. Not had much time to explore elsewhere yet.

I did an interview on Friday evening with Russell Brower, head of audio (all sounds and music) at Blizzard. Nice guy. His photo looks a bit like the Big Lebowski :-)
Back to top Go down
Kerdal

Kerdal

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:33 pm

It seems whenever activision get their hands on a game they start to cause problems, as with all the hell about the real ID and other changes that they have tried to implement into the game I think it’s getting a little stupid. I mean the day they add "paid class changes" will be the end of WoW as we know it. Levelling is supposed to be learning your class what works and what doesn’t and its also should be a challenge! But it seems day by day WoW is getting made easier.

If you look at what activision did to the call of duty series that I know so many have just stopped playing (including myself) they made the game so much easier until a point when it just got stupid and no one played the game properly anymore. I just hope Blizzard realise this and see that the best times in WoW was before they added all the stupid changes and what they call "improvements" to the game.

Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Hey, Oppy.

What beta server are you on?

I r on Mekkatorque, as the orc Uggli.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:26 pm

Quintilius wrote:
Hey, Oppy.

What beta server are you on?

I r on Mekkatorque, as the orc Uggli.

I'm on that server, with an UD warlock name of Xanubiya, and a Worgen called ... um can't remember now. You're on my twitter aren't you marius? Some silent Norwegian gobbledigook guy I remember from your page cyclops
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 3:11 pm

Yeah, I figured I wanted to try out this twitter thing and found some people to follow, including you, however I haven't really gotten into the whole thing Razz
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 12:49 pm

I'm afraid you have to be interested in the world beyond whale blubber, drinking vodka, shagging your sister/brother/cousin/dog (delete as appropriate) in some Trondheim backwoods shack What a Face

Come and post something interesting, I'll promise to look. And ... let us know what you are up to in your life.

Is anyone else here on Twitter?
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 12, 2010 1:55 pm

I dunno, it feels so redundant next to facebook, but I guess it can be interesting if I start following alot of people, but that takes effort.. i don't like effort..

I have my vodka and my whale blubber, so I am all happy.

Also I checked twitter out only cuz my new phone has a funky twitter app. Razz

Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 am

I has Twittar, but hardly use it. Guess I don't find anything in my life exciting enough to inform people about it.

Added you not too long ago, your Oppyness.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:28 am

I have Twitter and facebook, even myspace in my phone, but I have a similar problem as Leaf has.. Only mine is that I donīt find anything in other peoplesī lives exciting enough to be informed about it. Atleast not the pointless things that usualy appear on those sites. "Iīm having sushi for dinner. Yumm." "Boss is keeping me late at work, grr."

Last edited by Daidrax on Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:58 am

For me, it's the other way around. I tend to casually browse Facebook -- but not very much -- whereas Twitter is extremely useful because I use it to build "lists", which is perfect for my job (journalist), as I can quickly see the latest updates on 'Tech', 'Travel', 'Activists', or whatever list I build. People I follow include Al-Jazeera, Save the Children, Neil Gaiman, Simon Pegg, Wired magazine, and a host of individual writers and journalists and industry people, including tons of BBC journalists I need to reach. Anyone I don't like, I just remove.

Conversely, I find Facebook cluttered with inane shit. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Opathu wrote:

Conversely, I find Facebook cluttered with inane shit.

You're actually quite spot on there.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:24 am

So I'm a gigantic failure, I already started playing again, please feel free to laugh at me. Wink
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 12:50 pm

*Welcomes Vexx back with a warm hug, all seriousface*
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:18 pm

Thanks man, I needed that. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:57 pm

Even I've been playing a little Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tavecy

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Still have no desire to return to WoW and probably never will but that does not mean that Im
outside enjoying the summer weather.

I have been playing alot of console games and right now Im in love with TES Oblivion and play alot of Forza motorsport 3 when I need a break
from Oblivion. Fable II is next after I am finished with Oblivion (which may take awhile), Oh and Mafia II is out soon aswell.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Real ID - world of facebook, game over   Real ID - world of facebook, game over - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Real ID - world of facebook, game over
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next