We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?

Go down 
+3
Shadowtroll
Ryleen
Vypra
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:02 pm

I've been wondering about this and how it will affect some of the smaller rp guilds on SSL when Cata hits. I've not uncovered a great deal so far but here's the bits i have managed to find -

copied from: http://www.nihilum.eu/
Quote :

# Players earn guild experience in a variety of ways, for instance by gaining levels, reputation ranks, boss kills, rated battleground or Arena wins, or profession ranks.
# To give fair opportunities to both big and small guilds, only the top 20 earners per day in each guild will contribute to guild experience points.
# Guild experience will be converted into a special guild currency, which can be used to buy a variety of rewards such as profession plans, recipes and reagents; vanity items (mounts, tabards, etc.), and guild talent respecs.
# Guild items require less reagents, which can be bought with guild currency.
# To do so, at least 75% of guild members (for the moment) will need to complete an achievement to make it appear in the guild achievement tab.
# Guild banks will receive a percentage of gold looted from a boss when guild members make boss kills.
# Also, it will be possible to invite other guilds to various events such as weekly battlegrounds.

there's a little more info and a vid here: http://wow-tips.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-cataclysm-guild-leveling-system.html

Quote :
Achievements can now be gained as a Guild in the upcoming Cataclysm expansion. They have given more motivation for guilds to progress and conquer goals together. Every guild member will have their role to play in leveling their respective guild and unlocking achievements.

Guilds can level up to Level 20 (not concrete yet though) which experience can be obtained via members leveling, reputation, BG wins, Arena wins, profession ranks and boss kills which requires 75% dungeon/raid member in the party or raid.

The whole idea to leveling your guild is to obtain Talent points for each level which can be spent on your Guild's talent tree. Each upgrade or points taken will effect every single Guild member such as cheaper repair costs which is very cool in my opinion.

Anyways take a look at the ... video to learn more about the upcoming Guild leveling system and Guild talent tree:

It's difficult to see right now how important this new system will be for rp guilds but, looking on the bright side, it may be a way to create new guild interactions so that the smaller ones still get access to the the new stuff...whatever it may be Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:42 pm

IMO unless they give RP stuff to gain (like an instanced guild hall, for example) then I doubt many RP guilds will be too fussed about it. That said, it might lead to the TBI actually becoming a guild. They could potentially have 1 member permanently in the guild and then invite others in when they go to a raid. Could be a big benefit to the part of the RP community that likes to raid.

Only RP guilds that I can see being able to take advantage of this on SSL are AO and Haven (if Haven are to be considered an RP guild) but even then I'm not sure if they would be that interested.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 10:58 pm

well, it mentions vanity pets in the Wowwiki summary: http://www.wowwiki.com/Guild_advancement

I know a few ppl that will be interested in that if nothing else Wink
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 6:56 am

...did anyone mention pets? Very Happy

I read somewhere that one of the things we'll be able to buy is guild banners, like the city banners you can get at the tournament. I'm pretty sure that one is interesting for numerous rp guilds. Smile I really do hope for a guild hall though.. that'd be great.
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 8:07 am

The guild banners will be by far most useful for me personally. Having finally a skull and cross bones flag matters a lot to me!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:02 am

Ok, some guilds (like pirates) would find the banners useful. Vanity pets, however, are individual likes or loathes and so getting the required percentage of guild members to do something to get what people want will be a lot harder, imo.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:07 am

Depends on the guild, does it not? I'm fairly sure that my guild would be willing to cooperate to get something a few of us want, and then perhaps in return help the others get something they want. We like eachother and I don't see why we wouldn't be able to help eachother with this, just as we help boosting eachother through instances and build rp gear. Smile

But I suppose there are guilds who aren't as friendly and won't help eachother unless it's something that everyone wants.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 10:33 am

I'm not so sure that it's about being friendly and helpful. After all, the main thing about RP guilds is that they are open to all levels regardless. That means that some members will not be able to do particular requirements for the guild progression. That either means kicking the lower lvl alts or getting the levelled up if you want something in particular.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:48 am

But you wrote about how not everyone likes vanity pets and thus it would be harder to get them?

Of course it will be trickier to achieve things with a small guild, but that has little to do with it being a rp guild or not Smile
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 11:51 am

You won't need to kick lower lever players or anything like that, at all. Simply leveling gives guild experience. If you don't have 20 people in the guild, all of them will contribute, and if you have more, only the top 20 contributors each day will contribute.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:22 pm

This sounds good, though i see a problem which could turn out big, I have a sort of feeling that this will have the smae effect that pve had to most rp'ers and rp guilds (if im right when pve started big in tbc, most guilds disbanded etc) .
Well, if there are people in rp guilds which may be small or lacking numbers, and they want to get some of the stuff from the guild leveling system, then I reckon some, f maybe lots, will leave theier guild to maybe the bigger or biggest guilds just for the perks from the system. I may be wrong, but i can kind of forsee around 3-4 big guilds that will be made soley for this system which may suck away rp'ers =(
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:24 pm

well, from the way i read it, guilds can band together to help each other out... Blood Pact anybody? Wink
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:30 pm

Vypra wrote:
well, from the way i read it, guilds can band together to help each other out... Blood Pact anybody? Wink
hehe i always thought of something that if numbers were getting bad, make a guild called 'ssl rp' or 'wal' or something, get all the rp guilds into it, then just write in the notes stuff like 'warsong blades' 'heritage' 'house' to show which they belong, nad if you want privacy for chat, then just open your own channel ,though i never really said as most people i think would not agree
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:16 pm

torgadon wrote:
This sounds good, though i see a problem which could turn out big, I have a sort of feeling that this will have the smae effect that pve had to most rp'ers and rp guilds (if im right when pve started big in tbc, most guilds disbanded etc) .
Well, if there are people in rp guilds which may be small or lacking numbers, and they want to get some of the stuff from the guild leveling system, then I reckon some, f maybe lots, will leave theier guild to maybe the bigger or biggest guilds just for the perks from the system. I may be wrong, but i can kind of forsee around 3-4 big guilds that will be made soley for this system which may suck away rp'ers =(
Except that this system won't benefit big guilds. It will benefit smaller and more committed guilds though, which still makes what you mentioned an issue I suppose... so, yeah, I don't know. Hopefully the things you'll need to do to gain guild experience won't be too difficult, so that casual guilds won't become too crippled. I get the feeling that Blizzard won't turn away from the path they've obviously chosen and suddenly shoot the casual player in the foot by doing that.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 2:55 pm

Ashen Order gonna rock in this most likely heh.
Back to top Go down
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 4:11 pm

Certainly I know there are alot of Ashies looking forward to this ... me included as mention of instanced Guild Halls was brought up when this first showed. Hopefully that might still be an option and such would rock as long as Guilds don't immediately retreat into their halls for Guild meetings and the like. (Yes it makes more sense security wise but counteracts the attempts of others to RP as spies.)

Vanity pets and flags to one side (although yes I know at least one Ashie who'd have fits of delight over the ability to plonk down an AO flag every so often!) the discounts for repair bills would benefit any guild even in a small way. Limiting the contributions for only the top 20 each day does benefit larger guilds more as it doesn't look like its' the same 20 each day just the best thus a larger guild will have more people to choose from.

I can probably list most of those in the AO most likely to be regularly in that top 20 (I sadly won't be one of them) but I do think it will be useful to all just more useful to some than others.

And yes, Quint, I think we might ... just a little.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? EmptySun Jan 17, 2010 12:47 pm

found a couple more links though not much new info in them. Guess we'll have to wait a while before we get to hear anything more Razz

http://diablo3x.com/world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-guild-blizzcon-2009/

http://wow-tips.blogspot.com/2009/08/new-cataclysm-guild-leveling-system.html
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?   Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us? Empty

Back to top Go down

Upcoming Guild levelling - what is it and how will it affect us?
Page 1 of 1