We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over

Go down 
+4
Siheld
Macloren
Shadowtroll
Tyragon Shademourn
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

[Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over Empty
PostSubject: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 3:06 pm

The reason why is mostly OOC. Since the time I made The Argent Dawn I thought of a nice and smooth concept where I hadn't to add much, I was pretty much a none experianced and none creative leader. But the full-time roleplay as a peaceful Argent makes it all very dull and boring after a while. Making events is one of the hard thing since we can't battle Horde and since I grew up in The Crimson Eagle which did this daily it gets tough. The part where we had to change Guild name triggered a part of it more, we and the old folks knew what we were but the new people and often recruits didn't see the same. I have kept this idea away since I was both afraid to lose good members and there was almost no fitting IC reason for this.

But now it's happening. The Guild will be more of an Alliance order who fights for it. It would operate from Stormwind (but not from the same headquarter, Command Center will probably be our new one) and be welcome for all races. We would still do world-PvE events but with more variety and making us able to get closer to other Alliance based Guilds.

For now I am trying to fix up suitable ranks, a tabard and other details aswell as trying to inform we are no longer a Argent Dawn Guild.

- Did the Order of the Dawn break away from Argent Dawn to fight for the Alliance?
- Does Argent Dawn have some plan for them within the Alliance?
- Are they going to spy or try to reverse the Alliance to stop fighting Horde?
- Have they gotten enough of the Horde and wants to fight them?

A few rumours that could reflect this sudden change of the force transfer IC'ly.

Questions and comments are free to come.

Last edited by Tyragon Shademourn on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:10 pm

You just want to have an excuse to gank us, admit it Laughing

Sounds good though, so best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyMon Apr 27, 2009 4:16 pm

I think only Greywolfs can really RP neutral to everyone, and then again this because of the fact they are Horde. It gets indeed very boring sometimes, still as Gurf said sounds good so go get em boy!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Macloren

Macloren

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 12:25 pm

Okay, so how about you guys got sick of teh Agent Dawn's tolerence of the undead (forsaken), and when you broke away from the Argent Dawn/Argent Crusade, the horde members sided against you? Which could be why you are now more aligned to the Aliance and anti horde?

As to why you would have all the races of the aliance in the Order of the Dawn I don't know, other than the whole 'rah rah, we love the aliance! up yours Thrall' thing.

either way, I like the Name, and teh idea. good luck.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 1:59 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
I think only Greywolfs can really RP neutral to everyone, and then again this because of the fact they are Horde. It gets indeed very boring sometimes, still as Gurf said sounds good so go get em boy!

Siheld waves; "Uhm, I'm neutral towards everything aswell."
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 2:28 pm

What makes a man turn neutral?

Lust for gold? Power? Or were you just born with a heartful of neutrality?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 2:34 pm

"picking sides is too limiting" *Liontooth grins*
Back to top Go down
Himendria

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyTue Apr 28, 2009 8:10 pm

"tierd of death and destruction for no purpose" *sighs*

i think there are alot more neutral poeple than you think out here^^
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 2:50 am

Yup there is. I miss the days when questions like this didn't appear in RP "Oh my.. why fight the Horde when theres so many greater threats? Why not cooperate with them for a better future?"

Since unfortunately the game aint built around not fighting Horde and especially not our realm. Laughing Which was pretty much the main thought that got me to really make this change realised. cheers
RP'ing neutral aint bad though but too much and too many rolling it kills alot of fun parts in the game and RP in my opinion. While I do miss days in RP when IC'ly everyone went "OMFG!" when someone said they didn't fight Horde, I hope to improve it abit in the present from my view. ^^
Back to top Go down
Himendria

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2009-04-15

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:52 am

There is another option aswell tyragon:P the ony acually reason for me not hunting/killing horde is beacuse i would be dead within 10 sconds:P and i'm not sure i wanna bother to put time on making it not belike that every time i run into a horde. its better to aviod them if i can. Tho if i get attacked i TRIES to fight back, but usually no point will just make the death more painful since i relise i do realy suck at the PVP part:P

But i see your point and yes it do bring another kind of fun into the games if its not plain ganking:)
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 12:31 pm

Tyragon Shademourn wrote:
"Oh my.. why fight the Horde when theres so many greater threats? Why not cooperate with them for a better future?"

Oh god, is that what the Alliance talk about? Really?

What. A bunch. Of fucking pussies.

THE HORDE RAZED STORMWIND! NEVER FORGET!
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 2:22 am

You do have a point Himendria. I don't like doing battlegrounds, arena or confronting with only Horde players in a battle. Even though I blame my laggy computer most of the time and the way I always run into every battle in my RP gear (On the avatar and yes I pwn in it literally!)rather than real gear. I like to have the option free and actually standing up for the Alliance IC'ly. But foremost I like to just assault Horde settlements and places like Venture Bay where Horde NPC's is involved. Where not only players is involved but theres still the chance of encountering them.
What really got me into it is all the nice built settlements in Northrend thats just waiting to be used and invaded. Maybe with a fullscale suprise attack of cooperating Guilds? Perhaps with a Horde Guild defending it aswell? Perhaps even vice versa and then the attackers retreat for the defenders to do a counterattack on their settlement?

Theres so much I'm interested to test, though for now I gotta finish the Guild. I don't wanna haste anything. Smile

And yes Adalan it's unfortunately like that. Though I aint blaming any specific character (Jaina I come for you!!!) or player for RP'ing that way. Lets just say I've seen it quite a good number of times. Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 8:47 am

I would say the same thing if I was alliance, but that is because I think Varian Wrynn is a twat.
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:19 am

Well Varian IS a twat, but that's why he's so great to have around. There needs to be more baddies in the goodies. Varian is the Tim Brooke-Taylor to Jaina's Graeme Garden. And before you ask, Malfurion is Bill Oddie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:20 am

Adalan wrote:
Well Varian IS a twat, but that's why he's so great to have around. There needs to be more baddies in the goodies. Varian is the Tim Brooke-Taylor to Jaina's Graeme Garden. And before you ask, Malfurion is Bill Oddie.

Based on that, Vo'Jin is Watson to Thrall's Holmes?
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 3:16 pm

Varian is quite a twat compared to Thrall. Which when I think about it wouldn't suprise me if Garrosh took up the mantle as Warchief to balance it all one day. Probably after a dramatic event where Thrall gets accussed as traitor, making him go into exile and perhaps starts to work with Jaina.

Who knows.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:04 pm

Varian is quite a twat compared to Thrall. Which when I think about it wouldn't suprise me if Garrosh took up the mantle as Warchief to balance it all one day. Probably after a dramatic event where Thrall gets accussed as traitor, making him go into exile and perhaps starts to work with Jaina.

Who knows.

Garrosh taking over the horde...*shudders*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyThu Apr 30, 2009 10:48 pm

Liontooth wrote:

Who knows.

Garrosh taking over the horde...*shudders*

I get the feeling that if he did then Sylvanas wouldn't be too unhappy but that the Trolls and Tauren might have issues with it. That said, I think that the Tauren would probably still play along for a while, simply for honour's sake.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyFri May 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Probably. Although I would think they would say FU to the horde since it was Thrall and his companions that saved them not Garrosh and Garrosh's views on the world are the opposite of tauren views.

Then again, knowing blizzard, they will probably rewrite tauren lore to suit.

"Changed our minds guys...Taurens are savage beasts that eat their young"
Back to top Go down
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyFri May 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Probably. Although I would think they would say FU to the horde since it was Thrall and his companions that saved them not Garrosh and Garrosh's views on the world are the opposite of tauren views.

I have to disagree, though I would guess it depends largely on how that would happen (as unlikely as it is). If Garrosh took power in a bloody coup that destablized the Horde, the whole basket would be upturned. But if Thrall died, for example if Jaina had not stepped in and Varian had succeeded in killing Thrall in the Undercity, Garrosh would have been the most likely candidtate for succession, and I doubt any of the Horde races would have objected.

The Darkspear are the most likely to reject the leadership of someone who was known to be at odds to Thrall, as I believe a few sources have stated that the Darkspear are fanatically Thrall-loyal. But then again, they've been living among the orcs for years, embracing their culture, so I doubt they would "leave" the Horde in any sense.

Tauren I see as far less of a question. Its not as if the tauren are particularly Thrall-loyal as opposed to Horde-loyal. Their "debt" of honour is to the orcish people for saving them, not Thrall specifically as far as I know. Cairne is certainly very fond of Thrall, and might be opposed to Garrosh's leadership, but I see 0% chance of the tauren leaving the Horde. Not after years of friendship with the orcs, during which the two races developed a cultural closeness. I would also think that there is a younger tauren element, probably most prominant aomng the tauren in the Warsong Offensive (and probably the taunka) that would appreciate Garrosh's leadership style (as both Thrall and [moreso] Cairne tend towards a very passive style of leadership these days) . Tauren are peace loving, but they are also fierce warriors. People tend to forget that the tauren are a survivalist hunter-warrior culture because the vast majority of tauren players fall into the druid and shaman group. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Garrosh's views are opposite to those of tauren. And even if the tauren do not approve, there is so much synergy between them and the orcs that seperating from the Horde is highly unlikely.

I realise after typing this that this is hardly an appropriate thread for a lore debate, but anyhow. The situation of Garrosh become Warchief in itself is so highly unlikely considering Thrall's vast popularity and role in the setting. The only case I ever see it happening in, is if Thrall were to die at the hands of the Scourge or the Alliance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over EmptyFri May 01, 2009 7:22 pm

Katalmach wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

I have to disagree, though I would guess it depends largely on how that would happen (as unlikely as it is). If Garrosh took power in a bloody coup that destablized the Horde, the whole basket would be upturned. But if Thrall died, for example if Jaina had not stepped in and Varian had succeeded in killing Thrall in the Undercity, Garrosh would have been the most likely candidtate for succession, and I doubt any of the Horde races would have objected.

The Darkspear are the most likely to reject the leadership of someone who was known to be at odds to Thrall, as I believe a few sources have stated that the Darkspear are fanatically Thrall-loyal. But then again, they've been living among the orcs for years, embracing their culture, so I doubt they would "leave" the Horde in any sense.

Tauren I see as far less of a question. Its not as if the tauren are particularly Thrall-loyal as opposed to Horde-loyal. Their "debt" of honour is to the orcish people for saving them, not Thrall specifically as far as I know. Cairne is certainly very fond of Thrall, and might be opposed to Garrosh's leadership, but I see 0% chance of the tauren leaving the Horde. Not after years of friendship with the orcs, during which the two races developed a cultural closeness. I would also think that there is a younger tauren element, probably most prominant aomng the tauren in the Warsong Offensive (and probably the taunka) that would appreciate Garrosh's leadership style (as both Thrall and [moreso] Cairne tend towards a very passive style of leadership these days) . Tauren are peace loving, but they are also fierce warriors. People tend to forget that the tauren are a survivalist hunter-warrior culture because the vast majority of tauren players fall into the druid and shaman group. I wouldn't go so far as to say that Garrosh's views are opposite to those of tauren. And even if the tauren do not approve, there is so much synergy between them and the orcs that seperating from the Horde is highly unlikely.

I realise after typing this that this is hardly an appropriate thread for a lore debate, but anyhow. The situation of Garrosh become Warchief in itself is so highly unlikely considering Thrall's vast popularity and role in the setting. The only case I ever see it happening in, is if Thrall were to die at the hands of the Scourge or the Alliance.

I see your point, however what makes the tauren and orcs so friendly to each other is their common views and insight into shamanism. Take that away and all you have is a blood pact.

Also the survivalist hunter warrior culture thing is secondary to the shamanistic natural culture hence why people find it easier to RP tauren shamans/druids.

It would not happen straight away but Garrosh's slay them all attitude would eventually wear thin on the taurens patience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over   [Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over Empty

Back to top Go down

[Guild] Order of the Dawn's Change Over
Page 1 of 1