We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change

Go down 
+12
Feronius
Snicka
Macloren
Leaf
Speatus
munechi
Morgalyen
Nerinil
Adalan
Siheld
Vypra
Tyragon Shademourn
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change Empty
PostSubject: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 1:59 am

I just want to inform that The Argent Dawn has been forced by a GameMaster to change the name. I got informed that it breaks the naming policy and it's a violation to it. The policy states that naming your Guild after a major character or faction is against the rules. Location or region doesn't apply though. I have had the Guild for over 5 months and never heard anything from this, just sad to suddenly see someone reporting us and that more Guilds naming theirs after factions or major characters could be in trouble. I hope not since this struck us hard.

But we will keep on being the Argent Dawn/Crusade Guild operating the same way around.. just with a new tag. We have gotten 14 days to change and our temporarily name is "The Dawn of Light", we will use those days to discuss and come up with a final name.

As said the Guilds purpose will stay the same and I hope many others will still accept us as it. Also a lesson learnt to not make the same mistake.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 am

Thanks for letting us know Tyragon.

Its a shame to see this happen but as you say, the guild concept and characters will remain the same despite the name change.

When you have decided on the final name for the guild i'll make sure the entry on the guild list is updated (with a short explanation as to why).

Good luck
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 6:17 am

I find this very odd, you have the guild for a while now, and after so many months the GM's finally notice?
On the AD-server there is a guild named: Kirin'Tor but that one still has it's name..
Anyways, still the same awesome guild!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 7:28 am

That makes no sense. What about TDS, that's the same terminology as the Darnassus guards.

Still, I suppose you could always stick 2 fingers up at Blizz and call yourselves the Ardent Crusade/Dawn
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:32 am

GMs will only notice things if players bring it to their notice.
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:15 pm

Someone must hate you..
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:28 pm

When this came I also asked the GameMaster why they jumped on my Guild and why not the many other Guilds. This is pretty much what he said but with more fancy words: "This business is ours to manage and we are now talking about your Guild, no ones else." and then he kept on babbling about what I could do.

Also when a member read up the policy it said that any way by misspelling your Guildname for this abuse to copy a faction will not be aloud. I do not know if "Ardent Dawn" would break this rule or not. I also tried Argent Dawn and something similar and neither worked which probably means a Guild just copying one word from another faction will break this policy. It seems complicated but it atleast seemed to when my member read it up and also when the GameMaster explained to me.

Also about TDS it would be named after a region/location. Those do not apply unless it were an actual faction displayed in-game.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:34 pm

Tyragon Shademourn wrote:
When this came I also asked the GameMaster why they jumped on my Guild and why not the many other Guilds. This is pretty much what he said but with more fancy words: "This business is ours to manage and we are now talking about your Guild, no ones else." and then he kept on babbling about what I could do.

That's the way it works indeed. They just look at the guild in question and at nothing else, they normally just look when someone gets reported for something. Saying that others have a similar thing or are breaking the rules doesn't help.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 2:44 pm

zomg bunny!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 3:48 pm

Shut up.

Well, any idea what the new name will be Tyr?
but yes the bunny is cute Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Speatus

Speatus

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Krusg, Shazzar and Nazrug had the pleasure of dueling one of your members last night in the grizzly hill arena.
Great Rper, we had alot of fun.

I can't remember his full name, but I believe it started with a "K" and held the rank of "Argent Champion"
Back to top Go down
http://www.createforum.com/warsong/
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 8:52 pm

Yes, in regards to TDS... I'm pretty sure it's allowed to name a guild after a non-trivial NPC in plural and definite form. So, it would be allowed to have a guild called "The Mulgore Protectors", but not to have a guild called "Brood of Nozdormu" or have a character called "Nozdormu".
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyThu Apr 02, 2009 10:37 pm

So far we've had a poll with 8 suggested Guild names, so far <Order of the Dawn> is leading by faaaaar and only one has declined against 11 accepted. While others like <The Dawn of Light> got 2 accepted and whole list of declined, <The Dawn> 3 and few declined and so does <Crusade of the Dawn>, the other 4 got "Argent" at the start and wont probably pass as aloud.

And the one you would be refering to, Speatus, would be the famous (or infamous) "Lord Kasperio Silverlaine" my very own Argent Champion in the Guild. He told me about it aswell that he were roleplaying with a few Warsong Blades when this happened.

Anyway I'm happy to see theres people who care cheers about our grim matter here. Though we'll probably do fine over here and also end up being tagged Order of the Dawn sooner.

Also I gotta agree that bunny is very tempting.. it looks very cuddly. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Macloren

Macloren

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-07-25

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 4:07 pm

Sorry to hear of your plight guys, I realy like the name <Order of the Dawn> that sounds cool to me. But I don't see how Blizz can tell you you can't have a guild name which starts with the word Argent, as argent is a heraldric term which simply means 'silver'. I suppose at the end of the day it's their game so they get to make the rules but it's an RP server ffs, are we supposed to come up with characters who have nothing to do with the world Blizz have created?

oh well, sad that you've fallen foul of the stupid Naming poilcy Sad
Back to top Go down
Speatus

Speatus

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 5:11 pm

I think <Order of the Dawn> sounds the best, mate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.createforum.com/warsong/
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:24 pm

I guess they're against using the same name as an in-game faction, because claiming that you represent that faction is a kind of "power RP". Though I haven't read the exact rule, I guess you can have a name that refers to that faction, but you cannot have a name that is exactly the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:26 pm

I'm still shaking my head at the lunacy of this. My head refuses to bend around this and understand it!
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyFri Apr 03, 2009 8:34 pm

I think you can use the word Argent, no worries there.
Just don't name it exactly after factions and stuff, probably to do with Copyright and stuff aswell.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 8:42 am

That's fucked up. Sad to hear. I hope they don't change my <Royal Apothecary Society> or i WILL cry.

<The Dawn of the Light> or <Crusade of the Dawn> seems pretty good, in my opinion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:10 am

Maybe go for Argent Jihad? lol!

Though on a more serious note, possibly Argent Expedition or some other name similar to Crusade/Dawn
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 10:15 am

Just make it the <Not so Royal Apothecary Society> Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 11:10 am

Darnassus Sentimentalists?
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptySat Apr 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Seriously we have a high level horde pally whose name is "Px" .. They should first fix that >.<

hmm how about "Argent Crusaders" or "Shield of Argent Dawn"
Back to top Go down
Molchiar Emberflare

Molchiar Emberflare

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-22

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptySun Apr 05, 2009 11:26 am

Call it the Argent Onslaught. Very Happy
Or Scarlet Dawn.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 6:10 am

The blizz rule is you cannot have the exact same guild name as a faction ingame.
I don't really see the value in it also, but you can see it here:

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/policy/namingp2.html

Blizzard wrote:
Trademarks and Intellectual Property
This category includes both clear and masked names which:

* Are trademarked/licensed by a company or an individual
* Are trademarked/licensed by Blizzard Entertainment (does not apply to Guild names when it refers to locations and regions within World of Warcraft)
* Include names of World of Warcraft realms or names of major characters or factions from Warcraft lore (does not apply to Guild names when it refers to locations and regions within World of Warcraft)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change   The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change Empty

Back to top Go down

The Argent Dawn - Guild-Name Change
Page 1 of 1