We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[RP Event] Elune-adore!

Go down 
+5
Seti
Vypra
Feronius
Adalan
Ilanowyr
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-11

[RP Event] Elune-adore! Empty
PostSubject: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:05 am

Elune-adore
A new moon rises - representing a new beginning and hope against the darkness that beset our lands. Let us honour the ancient Kaldorei tradition and tell tales of old in the presence of Elune’s bright face.

A monthly RP event for all Night-elf Role-players focussed on storytelling, while witnessing the ‘birth’ of Elune. This will be on the first Mo(o)nday of the month at 20:00. For the location, ask Ilanowyr.

How it works:
1) Be prepared to tell a story, if you wish to tell a tale. The story must be true and somehow personal to your character. Lying is, as always, disgraceful for Night-elves.

2) When a story is being told, no-one else may speak. This is IC (because it's rude) and OOC (because chatspam is hard to read). Please do emote your reactions to the story, though, since it's a different colour text it's much less confusing. It's also good encouragement to the storyteller.

3) After a story is finished, you can comment on it if you want to.

Suggestions to enrich this is, of course, more than welcome.

The Keepers of the Grove try to encourage RP back in Elvenlands. As such, this is one of the events that will brings the elves, other than the keepers themselves, together in a great atmosphere.

Last evening was a great succes, even though our number was only 8 people. I'm conviced word will spread of this event and next month, more people will be present.

Asha-falah!
Ilanowyr
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:43 am

Quote :
For the location, ask Ilanowyr.

I see what you're trying to do there, but I think it'll be self-defeating. For the more shy types that won't be inclined to bother a stranger by whispering you you might as well just say where it's being held. If you're in Teldrassil you're probably not going to get many Lolbois anyway.

Also, it means I can't come crash the party! MAN! This is totally racist and you're a racist who's being racist. YOU RACIST.

Quote :
This will be on the first Mo(o)nday of the month at 20:00.

Or in real-speak, the first one's on Monday 4th May (Mayday in Britain).
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 2:47 pm

No, the first one was yesterday, altough a rather short one due to circumstances.. but still very nice.

[RP Event] Elune-adore! Wowscrnshot040609210459v

May Elune be praised!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:30 pm

It sounds like a lovely event.

It may take time to get the ball rolling and ocasionally, there may be just you and a.n. other Wink but stick with it and i'm sure you will get a group of dedicated people that will turn up time and again and that's what makes these things worthwhile.

Good Luck Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Ilanowyr wrote:

2) When a story is being told, no-one else may speak. This is IC (because it's rude) and OOC (because chatspam is hard to read). Please do emote your reactions to the story, though, since it's a different colour text it's much less confusing. It's also good encouragement to the storyteller.

This!

Looks like a nice event and as Vypra says, keep it up and people will spread the words and it'll be a returning event people will count on.
Back to top Go down
Seti

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-30

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 1:20 pm

after playing years on the alliance side, and now starting on horde RP....

I have to say, it's a damn shame we cant join each other in RP events like this, but.......

that doesnt mean someone on horde side could present this event aswell...

you thought of a really nice idea in roleplaying, why keep it ally-only is what im thinking here

good job and keep it up...commit commit commit
Back to top Go down
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Quote :
why keep it ally-only is what im thinking here

To be more exact, its not even an alliance event.. Its a Night-elven Event. Its a old kaldorei tradition that has been lost in the ages of conflict, to celebrate the new moon (Thus Elune). As such, its only rightful to have Night-elves present.. in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyWed Apr 29, 2009 5:25 am

Reminder: The next "Elune-adore" will be soon!
Monday the 4th of may

All Role-playing night-elves are welcome!
Back to top Go down
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 10:37 am

I call upon all Night-elf Role-players to join this event of storytelling, merry making and reverance to the Moon Goddess. Spread the word to your friends and contact a <Keeper of the grove> for the location.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 1:53 pm

To bad I'm offline, else Purewish would be there!!
Back to top Go down
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:27 pm

Offline? .. Noooes!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon May 04, 2009 3:50 pm

Ye, exams and shit, the regular stuff..
Back in June or so?
Back to top Go down
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue May 05, 2009 8:44 am

Last evening was a great succes, once more.
New faces joined the storytelling amoungst friends under the bright face of the new moon. Stories about Sandris, Eldre’Thalas and personal stories were shared.

(Pictures will come soon)
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue May 05, 2009 9:06 am

glad to see this is picking up more intrest. looking forward to the pics Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue May 05, 2009 7:37 pm

[RP Event] Elune-adore! WoWScrnShot_050409_221835
[RP Event] Elune-adore! WoWScrnShot_050409_222520
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon May 11, 2009 1:15 am

This seems like some really fun RP (And for me to show my storytelling skills!). I will try and hook up next Monday for my Night Elf to join. cheers
Back to top Go down
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:52 am

Tonight there will be another Elune-adore event!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:00 am

Awesome!
All attend!
cheers
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 9:13 am

Me too?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyMon Jun 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Great fun again!
[RP Event] Elune-adore! EluneAdore2
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:02 am

It looks like it was a great, mystical evening!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:07 am

Night Elfs have always been the most less attractive race for RP before for me. Mystical creatures from ancient woods all day running around in Human and Dwarfen citys acting not like immortal beings who have seen quiet some events in their hundreds of years of life.

But now this is something worth playing a NE, actually the above goes same for Blood Elfs, a reason why I sincerely dislike that race.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:04 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
Night Elfs have always been the most less attractive race for RP before for me. Mystical creatures from ancient woods all day running around in Human and Dwarfen citys acting not like immortal beings who have seen quiet some events in their hundreds of years of life.

This is exacly the reason why we created the <Keepers of the Grove>. To many night-elf head for humans lands, forsaking old traditions - lets be honest. The night-elf culture is very rich lorewise and thus offer an enormous amount of RP oppertunities.

We encourage Role-play in elvenlands, done by Night Elves. This event is but a sample of what we accomplished.
Another one is the admirable RP-PvP with the Warsong, which attracts an whole new level of excitement to the lands. The <Azure Expidition> has been founded in elvenlands to encourage Draenei activities there. The Silverwing Outrunners peek into their ancient lands once again.. plus the numbers of Keepers active online, and participating in the events are decent of late.

Overall.. We lacked a good Night-elf based guild, in my opinion. The Keepers of the Grove were the only remedy for this.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Jun 02, 2009 6:08 pm

Agreed, even more why this can be used as a counterweight to the Stormwind concentrated RP. Once again, best of luck and although I try to establish the same in Stranglethorn Vale its far harder. Although the history of STV as a good world PvP zone, anyhow!

Your guild would be a reason for me to roll a Night Elf.

This is a huge compliment, it comes from a troll!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! EmptyTue Jun 09, 2009 4:17 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
This is a huge compliment, it comes from a troll!

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP Event] Elune-adore!   [RP Event] Elune-adore! Empty

Back to top Go down

[RP Event] Elune-adore!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next