We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SSL-RP irc channel is now up!

Go down 
+2
Leaf
Quintilius
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

SSL-RP irc channel is now up! Empty
PostSubject: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 1:47 pm

Greetings!

Are you bored?

Are you sitting at you desk wondering what the hell you're going to do?

Are you an RP'er?

SSL'er?

Are you sexy?

Are you not sexy?

Id so, we would like to invite you to our IRC funurama!

Get mIRC now! get it here!

Join a quakenet server and then the channel #SSL-RP

and lets chat about everything from Quint's pectoralis to the latest demonic trends in RP.

Join us NOW!

(Tivak gives complimentary backrubs to all who join)

PS. R-tards will be kicked, politely.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 2:57 pm

Quintilius wrote:
PS. R-tards will be kicked, politely.
But they make it so much more fun. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:43 pm

Well apart from the fact that i can't use irc in work, i also wouldn't know how to connect even if i could.

So, have fun in your new channel and try and visit me in the chatbox from time to time Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-07-30

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 4:59 pm

Vypra wrote:
Well apart from the fact that i can't use irc in work, i also wouldn't know how to connect even if i could.

So, have fun in your new channel and try and visit me in the chatbox from time to time Razz

There are plenty of ways to browse to IRC as well. I found this with google (but there are more):

http://www.kuonend.ch/webirc/
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 5:13 pm

Vypra wrote:

I can set it up easily enough for you.

I don't really see the point though.
Its just an extra client when it's not needed assuming shoutbox is up and running.

The old Ruin IRC died pretty fast, though it was pretty funny at the time.
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2008 11:52 pm

Vexacus wrote:
Its just an extra client when it's not needed assuming shoutbox is up and running.

The problem with the shoutbox is whenever you forget to click on it within a few minutes you are out / dead. Apart from that its been having a bit of problems the last few weeks / months (ie dead, funny layout, strange colors and so on).

Edit: yes, may very well be that the IRC thingy wont last forever
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:02 am

Svarvsven wrote:
Vexacus wrote:

The problem with the shoutbox is whenever you forget to click on it within a few minutes you are out / dead. Apart from that its been having a bit of problems the last few weeks / months (ie dead, funny layout, strange colors and so on).

Edit: yes, may very well be that the IRC thingy wont last forever

On the positive side, Vyp can use Chatbox and if you turn on the archive function then you can catch up with what's been said since you got logged off.

Chatbox isn't perfect, but since the aim of it was to keep in contact with Vyp (because she can't use the shoutbox on the ToC forum) it's still going to be my preferred method of communication no matter how frustrating it is.

As an aside, what is it with people looking to change a perfectly working model? First Facebook gets messed with, now Chatbox!

Last edited by Gurfang on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:43 am

Gurfang wrote:
On the positive side, Vyp can use Chatbox and if you turn on the archive function then you can catch up with what's been said since you got logged off.

Chatbox isn't perfect, but since the aim of it was to keep in contact with Vyp (because she can't use the shoutbox on the ToC forum it's still going to be my preferred method of communication no matter how frustrating it is.

As an aside, what is it with people looking to change a perfectly working model? First Facebook gets messed with, now Chatbox!

Yeah, with IRC you can log things. I cant say that I had that part ever working with the chatbox.

Hope to see people not have to choose, but can use both. And we have CatzBot in IRC now...

Facebook is a complete different issue. Hehe :-)
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:06 pm

look, i'm not expecting anybody to stick around here just for me. the problem is i'm pretty sure i can't use irc in work no matter how you connect to it and if i keep trying to acces things that are on the banned list it gets logged against my id and eventually i will get my web access revoked.

thats all there is to it.

However, If everybody is going to stop using using the chat, pls let me know then i can remove it (seeing as how its current state seems to offend everybody).
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Vypra wrote:
However, If everybody is going to stop using using the chat, pls let me know then i can remove it (seeing as how its current state seems to offend everybody).

I'm still haunting the chatbox, you just can't always see if I'm there or not because half of the time I get logged off. So if you want to know for sure just say something and see if I'll respond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 9:22 pm

Morgalyen wrote:
Vypra wrote:

I'm still haunting the chatbox, you just can't always see if I'm there or not because half of the time I get logged off. So if you want to know for sure just say something and see if I'll respond.

Similar to me. I'll keep on looking to see if something was said before I was logged out and often relog to see if anything has since been said after the log out so keep chatbox working. I guess it's just not for those that can't take the hassles that come with something not working as they are used to affraid
Back to top Go down
Svarvsven

Svarvsven

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! EmptyTue Sep 30, 2008 10:23 pm

Vypra wrote:
look, i'm not expecting anybody to stick around here just for me. the problem is i'm pretty sure i can't use irc in work no matter how you connect to it and if i keep trying to acces things that are on the banned list it gets logged against my id and eventually i will get my web access revoked.

thats all there is to it.

Nobody wants you banned at work, Vypra. No matter how you connect to it, you will get banned - well I cant argue with that even if it does sound a bit strange.

In this thread I cant see anyone else than me complaining about the chatbox, so maybe Im a bit special (Im not "everybody" though, at least not last time I checked). I did try the chatbox more than just 1, 2 or 3 times but the thing is if I leave the browser unattended for just a short while then I get DC:ed. That would really be the biggest misfeature for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SSL-RP irc channel is now up!   SSL-RP irc channel is now up! Empty

Back to top Go down

SSL-RP irc channel is now up!
Page 1 of 1