We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What RP character would you make?

Go down 
+15
Feronius
Emanee
Morgalyen
Snicka
Archnazg
Leaf
Quintilius
rodyle
Vexacus
Shadowtroll
Xariandra
Siheld
Tivak
Ryleen
Pilus
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pilus

Number of posts : 35
Registration date : 2008-05-21

What RP character would you make? Empty
PostSubject: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 9:42 am

Inspiration often strikes suddently. Good ideas about new RP roles or chracters, but sometimes there is not time enough to make them. So the question is simply: What RP new character would you make if you had the time for it?

I will start out myself. I would make myself a Male Orc Shaman. He should be one of the frostwolf clan. Young, but yet proud. He should be wearing the tabard of the frostwolves (from AV). I got this idea after reading 'Lord of the Clan' some months ago. It could be fun to wander around in the Alterac mountains and in addition be IC, as a local, in Alterac Valley. Initially I did not know to make it a hunter or shaman, since I would like a wolf on my side. In the lore the frostwolf were all accompanied by wolves. But I can see now that you get a temporary wolf companion from a talent as shaman in WotLK, so it should be a shaman anyhow... if I just had time.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 am

I used to have an idea about rping a Shatterspear troll. No details on that yet, though. Brought up in a very secluded and remote village, not really a member of the horde but curious to learn more about them.. Might actually do it some day, when there's time. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Tivak

Tivak

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 10:46 am

A fel orc who drinks the blood of that dread lord Sylvanus has.

In other words. A fel orc kinda loyal kinda not loyal to the horde
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyTue Aug 19, 2008 3:36 pm

A high elven (fe)male ranger, yes it sounds like the windrunner sisters, I know. But I'd be walking around in Eversog Woods then on a Quel'dorei steed..

Or I'd make an undead assasin..

Last edited by Siheld on Thu Jul 09, 2009 3:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:05 am

- An undead male solo assassin (Definately my favorite on to-do, I've RP'd a lvl 70 undead male mage on Defias Brotherhood during a one month break from SSL and hunting bounties trough a bounty thread on the forums and raiding stormwind mage tower on my own is some of the most fun RPPvP I've had, I hope I'll have time to do this with Ardnairax some time)

- A high ranked member of Stormwind Militia

- A Night Elven Huntress

- A burning legion warlock

that's it I think..
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:33 am

-A warsong Orc hunter who is seeking glory and fame in many battles (working on it Smile)

-A Belf female palladin who is incredible annoying and trying to be part of HoS even though shes 100% not fitting there, her favorite occupation is to decorate the Abonimations of Undercity with flowers. ( Currently doing this IC, her current rank is Flowergirl) *cough*

Well yup thats it ^^
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 2:25 pm

shadowtroll wrote:
-A Belf female palladin who is incredible annoying and trying to be part of HoS even though shes 100% not fitting there, her favorite occupation is to decorate the Abonimations of Undercity with flowers. ( Currently doing this IC, her current rank is Flowergirl) *cough*

Awesome. Smile
Back to top Go down
rodyle

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:52 pm

Probably a human warlock. I love the situations warlocks are put in there, seems like a whole lot of fun to roleplay.

EDIT: Or maybe a Tauren Hunter, just to be able to blabber about the Hunt for ages.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Aug 22, 2008 2:08 pm

I want to make a character strongly based on one of the commedia dell'arte characters, though not sure which. Arlekino, Harlekin would be fun, but I feel Quint is allready got some of that in him.. Hm.. Brighella maybe..
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 7:30 pm

Ryleen wrote:
I used to have an idea about rping a Shatterspear troll. No details on that yet, though. Brought up in a very secluded and remote village, not really a member of the horde but curious to learn more about them.. Might actually do it some day, when there's time. Smile
I have 2 Shatterspear trolls. One escaped from a gruesome fate in the tribe, the other was sent out as a diplomat/investigator. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Aug 29, 2008 10:16 pm

If I had the time I'd do more with the reporter character, Tally Wakker, and try and be more "out in the community" and get more stories written up in the GG.

I'd also love to RP a decent evil warlock. Nothing against Scourge RP, but I think it's been overdone and more people should start thinking out of the box. I'd make a human warlock character (because, let;s face it, gnome warlocks could never make anything other than a lacky character without people laughing at them) and have him aim to take over the world (or something similar) and be an independent evil in the world. Obviously there would need to be a guild around that, but simply to play an evil character that is not part of some bigger evil (kinda like Gurfang, but more deliberate) would be good fun.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2008 10:58 pm

My most recent inspiration was to make:

A human paladin, a true man of the Light, and likely serve the Argent Dawn. Also quite a fair man, kind to the people, kind to others, relatively peaceful, avoids fights at all costs. Most people could come to him for advice. He would have shining bright armour, and fight for the good of the kingdom. He would hate the undead Scourge, though also seek to redeem the Forsaken kind.

Another one I had was to create an orc warlock, one of the Shadow Council. He would be responsible for many evil summonings throughout azeroth and Outland. Not the most powerful warlock on the go, but a true loyalist of the Shadow Council. He'd be in the lvl60 epic PVP set.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:30 pm

Necro-ing this thread cause it's a fun one and I'm bored!
I would love to see more replies!
^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 5:42 pm

Oh for the time to do anything and everything!

I'd probably look at doing some sort of con-artist character, probably fleshing out my beggar char and turning him into something out of the UK series Hustle.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 7:16 pm

Quintilius wrote:
I want to make a character strongly based on one of the commedia dell'arte characters, though not sure which. Arlekino, Harlekin would be fun, but I feel Quint is allready got some of that in him.. Hm.. Brighella maybe..

Commedia dell'arte characters... brilliant idea. A cool troll/human Arlekino accompanied with a bumbling orc/dwarf Pulcinella, a Capitano - perhaps as an aged gnome/orc warrior, a crazy undead/troll Dottore, etc.

Also, a similar idea: I'd love to roleplay a court jester, joculating all the time. I got the spirit of it when I was staging Terry Pratchett's Wyrd Sisters Smile Perhaps a human or a blood elf.

An undead, roleplayed as a zombie. I've taken Ghaargh towards an intelligent, but speechless undead, but I could have made him a brainless zombie too...

A troll primal (character class... perhaps rogue, hunter or shaman), being so close to his animal aspect that he often behaves like a beast, rarely talks, eats raw meat, etc.

A cranky old troll witch doctor (shaman/mage/priest), very traditionalist, who is against such new things as the equality of women, the denial of cannibalism, etc.

An elderly dwarven lady, everyone's grandmother - I actually have such a character on Defias. Smile

Oh, I'm full of ideas...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:37 pm

Snicka wrote:
An undead, roleplayed as a zombie. I've taken Ghaargh towards an intelligent, but speechless undead, but I could have made him a brainless zombie too...

BUH...BUH...BRAAAAAAAAAAYEEEEEEEEEEEENNNNNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZUH!!!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:39 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Snicka wrote:

I have apparently role played such a char, its just as funny as annoying and gets rather fast boring!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:21 am

Oooh excellent topic, i've got tons of ideas aswell tho they are all strangled by Oth's awesomeness!

I've been planning to roll a really grumpy and hostile New Horde orc, loyal to the true Warchief Rend Blackhand. He would live in a small secluded cottage surrounding the Blackrock Mountains... of course this would make it real hard to interact with the regular Horde members but still would make for fun times cursing everyone at the gates of Orgri or ganking groups of lvl 50 allies at the BRS entrance.

Another idea would be a drunken human warrior (yeah, no shiny proudfull humans for me), his personal life disgraced by the death of a greatly loved possible wife and subsequent drowning in liquoir addiction... this character would have an uncanny ability of saving his skin and escaping teh worst kind of situations unharmed , due to his drunken brilliance... he'd spend his days drinking at the nearest tavern and befriend all sorts of bums and lowlife scum.

An autistic Tauren hunter whose senses are numbed to all but Mother Nature and his multiple smaller creations... this char would be a loner, sleeping in the wild, collecting leaves and tiny bugs, relentlessly persuing the misteries of Nature's cycles and of course defending her against the defilers of her natural order... an activist basically.

And the one i'd really love to do but due to lack of game features can't, is a badass redneck troll bass player, addicted to tribal metal, tatoos and first war pin-up troll ladies... he would crash at friend's houses after shows, get wasted and always wake up with the wrong person, Rebel Meets Rebel sorta thing =D

btw any ideas for my lvl 49 twink gnoem warrior? all i can say is SHE is the Horde's terror on WSG and AB, and her count of amputated Horde legs and feet has skyrocketed ever since HoS came back and i got a break of holding the Forsaken RP boat... MUAHAH just kidding... or maybe not Cool
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:08 am

Shadowtroll wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Snicka wrote:

I have apparently role played such a char, its just as funny as annoying and gets rather fast boring!

Yeah, there's not much opportunity in that one. Perhaps that's why I chose Ghaargh to be an intelligent mute instead.

Othragon, your character ideas are all very anti-social. But I love the human drunkard, reminds me of Sam Vimes from Terry Pratchett's novels!
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:16 am

It isn't fun to play an anti-social character as most of the time people will cut any RP with you short just because they char wouldn't like yours. RPing alone isn't a whole lot of fun. My little mute dwarf (yes, had a mute as well... but that was because I CBA with typing Dwarf dialect) was just hot tempered when certain subjects arose.

Most of the time I play "normal" characters, non I had were really heros or anything. That's just what I'd make if I'd ever make a new one.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:31 am

Morgalyen wrote:
It isn't fun to play an anti-social character as most of the time people will cut any RP with you short just because they char wouldn't like yours. RPing alone isn't a whole lot of fun.

I totally agree with you. If somebody plays an anti-social character, then he cannot attend RP events ("my character would not go to a pub", "my character hates festivals", "my character wouldn't be interested in a motorbike race"...) and will have difficulties finding RP overall.

Morgalyen wrote:

My little mute dwarf
What RP character would you make? Dopey
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 8:33 am

luckily chicken Korma was a girly dorf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:04 am

Morgalyen wrote:
It isn't fun to play an anti-social character as most of the time people will cut any RP with you short just because they char wouldn't like yours. RPing alone isn't a whole lot of fun.

Gurfang is an anti-social chap (sociopathic in fact!) and he's been ok to play. Admittedly, most of his obvious roleplay has been in story form, which I think is inevitable for any anti-social character, but it's quite good fun (and a challenge) to play that character in more social settings.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:57 am

I'd like to RP an actually nasty character.

I've found I tend to make wishy washy characters that mingle heavily with my own emotions/feelings- which makes them easy for me to play, but I'd like to challenge myself with a character with a differant viewpoint, though damn its hard. Doesnt help that 4 of my characters were the same person....

Perhaps even one with a heavy lore inspired background- I've always been afraid to do that since I haven't read enough about it, though my Drow in LRP by sheer ness. knows much of the drow lore... even if she is an Emanee Mk2.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 10:21 am

I actually had the idea of making a jester char ages ago to, someone mentioned that Razz never got really far, was a funny gnome, but the lack of jester hats is disturbing!

I've (tried to) RP a blind human, a preacher of the dark religions and allied to the scourge in secret, which is probably one of the most challenging things since it's not exactly close to myself at all, but very interesting and fun. Used Eye of Killrog occasionally to see lately, and his imp as a guidance through the street(while cursing at him, hehe)

Wanted to make a Bandit Lord and had plans for that ages ago already, like a real mastermind rounding up all the lowlife of Stormwind and having the beggars and what-not work for him. Mainly a lot of common crimes to, like pickpocketing and simply playing a highway-man. Pherhaps one with a double-life behind the mask /shrug

Atm RPing a demolition-eager dwarf (former mortar team with Arod's dwarf Razz ) that's an adventurer and gunsmith.
And RPing on my Gnomish wizard (Mageocracy project) which is very interesting to Very Happy think I tried out lots of random characters before, hehe
I've probably had half the ideas posted here before Laughing didn't try them all out yet though..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What RP character would you make?   What RP character would you make? Empty

Back to top Go down

What RP character would you make?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next