We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Once upon a time in Azeroth...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Once upon a time in Azeroth... Empty
PostSubject: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:07 pm

((This is a tale relating to the nefarious Orc warlock Opathu 'Two-smile' aka: 'The Black Oak'))

Once upon a time in Azeroth…

The sands of time.

They fell loose.

He coughed. Blood. His lungs were filling.

The last day of his life.

The hard sun of the early morning was yet to lift. Cobwebs and shadow lay over the settlement. If his nose was still there, he'd expect to smell the cooking fires. Small children running through the teepees. Calflings and braves bringing back the morning's hunt.

Instead, the fires of conquest.

How foolish he'd been. Lazy. Letting the goblins run his business interests. Betrayed by those once close.

He coughed again. Fluid bubbled between his cracked, smashed tusks. The gold of his filed teeth did him little help now.

A massive, muscled body, carved and twisted in a lace of foreign battles, tattoos a chart to a life fought from the gutter up.

He laughed, a wet, sickening sound. His bowels had emptied. He had no control. There was none to save a crimelord gone down. His enemies - those that were left - would no doubt be gathering like the hard-eyed vultures he could hear overhead.

How had it come to this?

He couldn't remember.

Something about a young orc, a psychopath who ate the flesh of his victims. Dwarves? Or was it elves? Didn't matter now. A call to arms. Your smuggling operation being smashed by an Alliance raid - a tip off someone said. Someone working on the inside. One of his men.

Charging in, the red mist. A whirlwind; the orgy of violence Two-Smile danced so well.

He panted. Air was getting hard.

Convenient. Oh, it had been oh so convenient! He was a fool. A fool gone soft. The lessons of the internment camps, of knife fights and killings in the gutters off the Drag now lost.

What did it matter. Some new fool would take his place. A new Opathu. Gutter kids with feral grins and thin stomachs, and a hunger for power to match. Just as he'd once been.

He wondered which one had betrayed him. Or if it was one of those fops in the Theatre. Didn't matter now. The gang was split. Senjin Bob found hanging from his own entrails. Harrkan One-Eye garrotted in Ratchet. Ten-Pole the Tauren mysteriously found floating in Booty Bay.

The old crew. The 'ard bastards. All gone.

And with that, the giant orc slaver, more corpse now than man, smiled.

A terrible sight for the small orcling watching from behind the smoking ruin of the inn.

The child whimpered. Nearby the corpse of its mother lay. Her body was racked into a rictus grin of terror. The silvered fiends had dragged her outside, him watching from the shadows, after they kicked and beat the orc boss to the ground. He hadn't understood their words, but they had lain on top of his mother, and she had shrieked.

Oh how she had howled ...

The boss orc stirred. He motioned weakly to the child, who scampered further into the brush. He looked again. The boss was scrabbling in the dirt, trying to pull himself up. What should he do?

An ambush, then. Aye an ambush. A fitting way to end. As good as any.
Two-Smile against 20 of them. Twenty humans, some of whom would not make it back to their boy-slaves and man-lovers. That at least was worth the pain.

He chuckled, grimaced, bit down hard then black blood jetted from his mouth. A carpet of gore was seeping into the sandy earth.

Bit by bit, the life of Opathu Two-Smile, Azeroth's most notorious crime lord, slaver, assassin, pit fighter, smuggler and defiler of Vol'jin's daughter, was returning to whence it came. Dying on a foreign world. Dying so that others might live.

He cursed and laughed at the cruel irony, the black stink of the Abyss approaching.

... time short now ...

... a body lying at the Crossroads ...

... flames and murder glittering in the last light of its eyes ...

... pupils flickering to the final dance ...

... any time now ...

... no rescue, no escape ...

... a single tear, of blood, rolled down his cheek.

The child watched him die. And wept.

THE END?

((posted by Opathu))

-*-

Zangomah approached the lifeless form of the orc. He had heard reports of the raid from the night before. "Damn humans" He looked towards the sea, as if he was trying to see Stormwind on the other side of the Great Sea.

As he kneeled beside the orc he recognized him isntantly. "Two-smile. So you were the one. I should have known." He reached down a gloved hand and closed the massive orc's eyes." He looked around. Crossroads had been looking better, but as always the inhabitants were rebuilding the destroyed buildings. Such was the life of the orcs. Never gave up, always willing to go that extra mile. The warchief giving them extra strength.

He looked back at the slaver. "I guess this is an honourable death." Zangomah wasn't sure. he didn’t know much about the honour code of the orcs. It was one of the few things he knew little about. "I wonder if Suulas knows yet. Or anybody else for that matter." Zangomah got to his feet. He dragged his frostwolf over to the dead orc, and called forth his voidwalker, who lifted the massive form up on the wolf. He then started the long walk towards Orgrimmar, to try and find Teeboppity, or anyone of the Cruel Council of the Theatre, so they could figure out what to do next.

As he walked through the barren land he could not help but smile. "I guess with Two-smile dead, we will have an increase of air quality" He chuckled, but it was hallow. True, Zangomah wasn’t overly fond of the big orc, but he was a legend. Someone to look up to. Someone that had carved a way of living in this hard landscape and existence that faced the orcs every single day.

"I guess this means the Theatre will have a march. You deserve that much" Zangomah patted the orc on the back. "You do not simply kill Two-Smile and think there is no repercussion on it. Oh yes the humans will feel the sting of this revenge. It is time for the Theatres greatest show yet."

((posted by Zangomah))

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:11 pm

After having spent a quiet afternoon fishing and trying, in vain it seemed, to cook something tasteful out of the catches, Yuxi packed her bags full, and mounted up on her trusted steed, to take the trek back to Orgrimmar to relax a bit at the inn, and hopefully meet up with some friends for a little silly bantering. A nice way to work away some stress from everyday life.

As she crossed the crocodile filled river and entering northern Durotar, she spotted a familiar figure riding slowly towards the gates of Orgrimmar with what seemed a huge burden on top of his mount. Yuxi urged her undead horse to run faster and caught up with the figure just as he was entering Orgrimmar.

"Zangomah!", Yuxi called out, "Has something happened?"

As Zangomah slowed down and relayed the sad, yet heroic, story of the infamous Opathu's fall, Yuxi couldn't hold back her tears.
"No! It can't be." She cried out, "not him. not now. Oh, you stupid old Orc, always believing yourself to be invincible..."

"Zangomah!", Yuxi steeled her eyes and peered deeply into the Blood Elf's eyes, "This calls for revenge! After we have said our good byes to our friend and role model of the Theatre. A ceremony! A party! One like Opathu himself would have liked!"

"Then... Revenge..."

Yuxi's and Zangomah's eyes met, and together they entered Orgrimmar in search of more of the Cruel Council of the Theatre of Cruelty.

((posted by Yuxi))

"Oi, what's this! A clapped out old strumpet, and a lady-boy in drag with a fat lump of orc flesh between them ... have I stumbled on the latest guild meeting of Necrophiliac's Anonymous®?!" gasped the wheezing old beggar at the great gates of Orgrimmar.

Waiting expectantly for a coin, spitting dryly in the dust, the disgraced and now dead priest known as Lushan looked from one mourning face to the other.

"Hey ... no need for the long faces. Why -" he gasped. "Ain't that boss Two-Smile?" The beggar back-peddled to the hinges of the gate. "He's ... not mad at me still, is he?"

Seeing the still form of the orc, dripping blood in the sand, Lushan gained a little confidence.

"Dead? Dead you say? Pff! Not possible! My lords, are you mice - or men! Off to temple with you. A boss such as The Black Oak was bound to have had insurance with one of the gods. Bah, all this talk of revenge and they didn't even try to heal him. Some friends you are! Almost makes you wonder about betrayal..."

When they looked for him again, his rasping rattle of a laugh was already retreating into the multitudes of the city...

-*-

((posted by Lushan))

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:13 pm

From a distance away Quintilius watched the body of Opathu being carried into Orgrimmar.

"So he finally met his demise? Somehow it's hard to believe. " Quintilius sighed and leaned against the wall. He stuffed a lump of snuff up under his lip and frowned at the growing procession.

"I almost liked that old bastard.."

((by Quintilius))

The next time Quintilius reaches for his snus pouch ... it's gone!

A cackling, and now sneezing beggar, can be heard retreating back into the stinking crowd of visitors, beggars, orphans, one-limbed war heroes and the gate guards of Orgrimmar ...

((By Lushan))

-*-

The black drums beat out their song of terror.

The old shaman looked up from the fire, the eddies and currents of the spirit world lifting unseen around his great head.

"It is time, my son."

The lean, rangy tauren brave nodded. Masking the fear he felt, he knelt reverentially at the elder's feet and lifted the great cup from his hands. The kumiss mixed with dreamweed sank a fire through this throat. He fell back upon the hard ground, thrashing all limbs.

A giant, gnarled oak tree sat alone on a plain of ash. And beneath it was a figure. A demon of gold and murder ... A face to send a yearling's soul fleeing from its body.

((by Opathu))

-*-

Vypra blinked as the low, morning sun caught her eyes. The long flight back from her latest fishing trip made her ache all over and she stilfed a yawn. 'Not far now' she thought as the wyvern approached the crossroads.

As the flyer passed overhead, the stench of smoke and the circling vultures caught her attention and she straightened up with a sharp intake of breath.

Another alliance attack. She wondered how many had died this time.

The beast continued on its way. It was unaffacted by such concerns and flew onwards to its destination.

The troll dismounted and headed wearliy to the Theatre's current base. She dumped her gear by the door and shouted into the hall 'Hey, anybody home?'
She caught sight of Zango and Yuxi as she stepped inside. 'What be wit da long faces? Somebody die?' she joked. Vypra blinked as Yuxi flinched. Zango merely turned to a large shrouded mass on a couch by the fire 'Look for yourself.'

She approached and slowly peeled back the cloth from the face, heart thumping. It was an orc, that much was easy to see but was it....
A gold tooth glinted in the firelight. 'Opathu' she breathed. It wasn't what she'd feared, but it was bad enough.

'What did ya go an' do dis time big fella?' she muttered to herself.

Her head suddenly snapped up 'How long he been like dis?' she barked. The others stared at her in surprise. 'I...i'm not sure stammered Yuxi.

Vypra shook head 'Don' matter too much i guess' she muttered as she retrived a bag from amongst her belongings. 'Still, i tink it take he a while ta recover from dis'.

'You're going to bring him back?' Zango looked curious 'His injuries appear to be quite extensive.'

'Hehe, i didn't say it be an easy task. And o' course it all depend on if he wan' ta come back...'

The shaman rolled up her sleeves and got to work...

((By Vypra))

-*-

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:15 pm

The figure did not speak. One moment it was a fathom away. The next it was before him, stinking of death, insects for eyes and the fires of hell for its mouth.

He wanted to shriek. To turn and run. But his legs were lead. The spirit-talker had warned him of perils in the lost world. But he was just hunting his spirit guide - not this ... this demon!

"L .. i.. f.. e "

He caught a flash of gold from its mouth.

"... f .. o.. r ... a .. l .. i ..f .. e ..."

He heard gibbering. A crow flew backwards. On the horizon a vortex moved, then flickered out of existence. Suddenly it was barely 20 feet away. The air sucked hard from his lungs and the scream of torture roared hellish in his ears.

"L ... i ... f ... e ... "

The blast of flame exploded across his vision.

-*-

The shaman of Mulgore began appearing at the gates of Thrall's city the next day. A rag-tag flock of holy or mad men, depending on your point of view, this crack-toothed mob looked ill at ease inside the city walls.

"Well ... how do we find her?" said one tall crone, her matted fur bedecked in feathers, charms and festishes. "She must not go in search of that one! A terrible curse await any that do so. There is only one way ..."

She began muttering and Mournsong, one of the younger spirit-steppers, noticed she had pissed herself. He sighed. A fool's errand. The Black Oak. Nothing more than a child's dream. Even if that face haunted his sleep ...

He shivered, and pulled his hide skin shield closer, wondering what to do next.

((by Blackoak))

-*-

On one of his long walks, pondering all things able to be pondered about, the broad and rough Tauren warrior gazed towards the town called Crossroads. Why it was named such was due to both it being placed at just such a thing and that it had become a very useful station crossed by many travellers on their journeys through the barren lands.
Lorne caught glimpse of something. It was a regular sight to see the town smoking from battle and people lying dead, being covered up and dragged away, as the attacks on Crossroads were very aggressive and short in between. No, it was something else that made the elder war veteran stray from his usual path to venture inside the always busy hub. When he finally got close enough to see why he felt it necessary to investigate, he could not help to increase his pace to a rather fast jog - his heavy plate armour not allowing a full sprint.

Opathu, can it really be you? Still not believing what he obviously knew even when not clear to his eyes, the large furry creature tries to run faster getting an unsettling feeling as he does.

"How is he doing?" The warrior sounded desperate and was on the border of yelling. He points at some random bystander and with a deep rumbling voice barks at him to run for more help. "Thunder Bluff, Greywolf Tribe... healers needed at Crossroads, Opathu is badly hurt! GO!"

Lorne then turns to focus on the lifeless body of his Orc friend. Silently he prays to the Earthmother.

((By Lorne))

-*-

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:16 pm

Yuxi gasped as Vypra entered the room. With a solemn look she watched her work her shamanistic mojo.
"Vypra, you think you can bring him back?"

Yuxi rose and stood close to Vypra. The two friends spoke silently among them selves. Their eyes met, and they slowly nodded towards each other...

Yuxi straightened her back; "What ever it takes, Vypra. Whatever it takes..."

((by Yuxi))

Gurfang was about to head out on yet another of his elf-hunting trips when an out of breath goblin ran through the entrance of the inn at Splintertree Point. Seeing the Orc he made straight for him.
"'E's...'e's...'e's no' lookin' good!" the goblin managed.
"Wot yoo tor-kin baht?" the orc replied.
"'Aven't you 'eard?" the goblin asked. "The boss, Mr Opathu, got jumped by a large number of Alliance military. They've shut down all of 'is business activities and left 'im for dead!"
Gurfang looked at the goblin and laughed, long and hard. The goblin did not know what to do and looked quizzically at the orc.
Suddenly grabbing the goblin by the throat, Gurfang lifted him off his feet and pinned him to the wall.
"Nah look eer! Yoo go tell da Boss dat ee az tuh get up off iz arss an ge' reddee! I az mah bit pland an ee needz tuh av duh men pri-pehrd, not maykin peepl fink dat ee iz urt!"
Throwing the goblin towards the doorway, Gurfang continued "Nah fek off! I got me sum elfeez tuh be killin!"
As the goblin walked ran off to catch a flight back to Orgrimmar, Gurfang chuckled to himself. "Urt dah boss! Bludee cheekee gobbo!" and with that he set out on his hunt.

((by Gurfang))

Zangomah looked at Vypra's attempts with a solemn stare. After seeing her try for abit, he put a hand on her shoulder. "I do not think you can do it my dear." He smiled sadly at Vypra who started to call upon the ancient spirits of the world once again.

He looked over at Yuxi and he could see the hate there. It fed him. Gave him some sort of calmness. The chaos that they thrived in everyday suddenly came to a stop, like if Nozdurmo, the aspect of time, had slowed everything down, shown an event. "I know what must be done" Zangomah's face became stern and then walked off. As he exits he turns around and looks at the people gathered around the body of the legend that was Opathu. "Keep trying. I have some buisniss to attend to." With that, he disappared out the door.

((By Zangomah))

-*-

Liontooth stood..his face wide with shock at the ruined buildings that was the crossroads.

"What the...how the...how did the alliance manage to slip by the device i set here!"

He looked around for some sort of answers and grabbed the attention of the nearest goblin he could see.

"Excuse me....excuse me...HEY YOU!"
"No need to shout i can hear you fine!"
"Listen...was there many casualties here?"

The goblin sighed and started to recite name upon name

Liontooth narrowed his eyes and muttered
"i was actually look for a numerical answer but whatever..."
"Opathu Two-Smile..."

Liontooths ears twitched at the mention of that name
"Hey hey woah...say that last name again!?"
"...is he dead?"

*the goblin nodded his head*
"i think so..."

"...well...his body isn't here...where is it?

*The goblin shrugged*

"Great...thanks for your help anyway..." Liontooth sighed and looked northwards
"Well....guess Orgrimarr is a good start to look for answers...."

With that Liontooth mounted on his kodo and headed towards Durotar.

((by Liontooth))

-*-

Vypra took heart from Yuxi's words and she began the ritual. The familar roaring filled her ears as she called on the powers that would allow her access to the spirit world.

Dark eddies blurred her sight for moment. As her vision cleared she saw other souls in the distance. Young warriors eagerly waiting to be returned to life and old women heading away into the beyond.

Two-smile was not among them.

She called forth more power to aid her search. The usual dimensions had little meaning here and yet she felt drawn in a certain direction…

The eddies grew darker still. A featureless plain the colour of sun bleached bone appeared before her. Then on the horizon…what was that?

There was a sudden rushing, a whirl of movement, and a blow to the shaman’s chest like the kick of a mule.

Back in the guild-hall, Vypra collapsed.

((By Vypra))

-*-

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:18 pm

Somebody was trying to pour liquid down her throat.

Her eyes flickered and opened but all she could see was swirling darkness.

She forced away the hands that were holding a flask to her lips, rolled over and retched violently. The sudden movement caused a burst of pain in her chest. As she passed out again, she remembered…something had literally kicked her out of the spirit world.

She’d been moved from the floor to a soft couch. It took a few minutes for the roaring in her ears to subside enough for her to hear people talking.

Opathu’s Body had been moved; put on ice to prevent deterioration. There would be folks who would want to pay their respects…or perhaps gloat at his demise.

She decided to risk opening her eyes again.

The darkness had faded, and the vomit inducing swirling was much less violent. Still, strange shadows seemed to move in and out of her range of vision and when a figure approached, she couldn’t be sure who it was.

‘Ah, you’re awake again. Now this time, if you’d just drink the healing potion instead of spewing it all over the place, I’m sure you’ll be feeling much better in no time.’

She grimaced as she drank it down. The one who’d given her the potion had a bedside manner similar to her own and she made a mental note to try and be a little more understanding in future.

As the healing energies began to work, she noticed somebody had had removed her soiled clothes and covered her with a cloak. She looked down at her chest. A mark that looked like a hoof-print faded before her eyes. ‘What da hell was dat?’ she wondered.

Wrapping the cloak around her she stood unsteadily. ‘I tink I’ll go take a bath’.
The faces of her comrades were sombre as she passed. Some of them had barely known Opathu, yet his death had affected them deeply.
Huge in life, he loomed even larger in people’s minds.

Even if she couldn’t bring him back, He would live on in their memories.
From somewhere she remembered the words ‘Legends don’t die so easy…’ and she smiled.
‘Not if I got anytin’ ta do wit it’ she said to herself as she stepped into the bath.
Her chest suddenly throbbed with pain and she sank to her knees in the water. Her vision briefly darkened and the roaring sound deafened her.

Vypra dragged herself, gasping, toward the looking glass on the far wall. ‘I look like sometin’ a cat dragged in’ but her reflection bore no other marks than the old scars she was familiar with.

Was she being paranoid? It seemed increasingly likely that it was not simple ineptitude that stopped her recovering two-smile’s soul. Something had stopped her in the spirit world. Was she now being discouraged from trying again?

As she sank back into the water thoughts ran through her mind like unruly children. Should she discuss this with the others? Would they simply brush off her concern, thinking that she was covering for her failure?

Grimly, she shook her head. No, she would not let this be the end. She was ever curious and this was just another mystery to be solved.

Vypra finished her bath, dressed, and wrapped a towel round her soaking braids.
She walked back to the hall with a look of determination on her face. ‘I’ll get ta da bottom o’ dis. An’ if I can’ persuade da others ta help, I’ll just have ta do it by masel’.’

(( by Vypra))

Yuxi looked up from the book she'd been reading, as Vypra slowly walked out from her private resting room.
"Feeling better?", Yuxi voiced out aloud, "You sure do got a determined look on your face."
"Do you have any idea what happened to you? Now I do admit myself being somewhat lacking in knowledge in the healing and resurrection areas, but this is some fairly unusual stuff that just happened, right?"

((by Yuxi))

-*-

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:20 pm

Megeara looked down at the ravaged corpse laid out on her marble slab. They had tried to keep the body cool, but the Barrens was an unforgiving place. Flesh deliquesced swiftly there. She had stripped off the battered armour efficiently, slicing the leather straps with her sharp claws, but even she couldn't bear to remove his loincloth. The body had multiple gaping death wounds on it. "He went down fighting", she thought.

She looked more closely. He was, if it were possible, even more fat and green than he had been in life. He smelt better now he was dead, though. She took an appreciative sniff, and drool dripped from her sharp teeth.

"He's starting to bloat with gas." she thought. "No change there." she cackled.

Still, she had a job to do. With a bolt of netherweave thread she carefully sewed up the biggest wounds. She walked over to the corner of the marble crypt where a small table held embalming equipment. She connected a hose to a large bottle of green liquid, and pushed the other end into a small incision in his neck. She sliced open the great veins at his wrists and thighs, and commanded her imp to start the washout.

As the orcs blood flowed into the blood grooves on the side of the slab, she began to reminisce. She remembered the times they had spent in the Pleasure Pits of Silvermoon, her first taste of gnome flesh, the way he would always bogart the Sen'jin locoweed, and the slaves of all races soundly abused. "Good times", she thought.

After an hour of washing out and perfusing with her favorite embalming fluid, injecting it into hard to reach areas like the brain, and packing cavities with various poultices of trollish herbs she wrapped the corpse tightly in a shroud of netherweave. She was done.

Once it had finished cleaning up, she dismissed the imp. She regarded the preserved body in silence for a moment, and then, With a flick of her wrist, a trapped soul went screaming into the netherworld as she summoned her Felguard. "You summoned me for this? growled the unruly demon. "Take him below." she commanded.

As the demon struggled down the marble stairs, carrying the hefty body of the world most famous slaver, it seemed, impossibly, as though a tear welled up in her empty eye-socket. She murmured "Death is not the end, fat boy. Far from it."

-*-

((posted by Megeara))

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:21 pm

Bhodek scowled as he read the contents of the letter. The wind whipped around him and snow half blinded him. Nibbles growled angrily at his side, before humping himself on Bhodek's leg for warmth.

He read the note again.

Bhodek,

A situation has once again arisen that requires the investigative skills of you and your associates. Kindly desist in your depraved schemes and return to Orgrimar at once.

That fool Two Smile has allegedly been slain... a fact made all the more preposterous by the claim that it was a bunch of mortals that slew him. I for one do not believe this nonsense.

I command you to return to Orgrimar and find me the truth behind this matter forthwith.

- Vexacus -

Bhodek looked at the retreating figure of the messenger and sighed.

((By Bhodek))

-*-

Vypra was a little unprepared for Yuxi's immediate questions. However, the mage seemed to already suspect that something unnatural had happened during the ritual. The troll took a seat next to the forsaken and quickly relayed her experiecnce in the spirit world.

'I never studied da healing side o' tings as much as i should' She confessed 'but i never heard o' dis happenin' before. Sometin' powerful stopped me searchin' fo' his soul...and it could o' killed me!' Vypra winced and put her hand to her chest as, once again, she felt the force of the blow.

Her gaze fell upon a screwed up copy of the Goblin Gazette and she was forcibly reminded of the vultures circling crossroads as the wyvern had flown over the devastated town...

((by Vypra))

-*-

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Teeboppity called a meeting. Splintertree post was the Venue. The agenda was obvious – Who was responsible for the death of Opathu, and what was to be done regarding the wild conspiracy theories slpashed over the pages of the Goblin Gazette?

Their comrades had welcomed the new recruits of the Theatre, and once the other guests had arrived Tee called the meeting to order.

‘Opathu's death is a great loss, and the pain is only made worse by that rag... the Gazette. It spreads lies about the Blood Pact, blaming us for his death!’ as she paused, those assembled showed their agreement.
‘Opathu rose to the call, and was slain. And this rag makes connections that aren't there!’ Tee looked about indignantly

From the corner, Druella raised her and spoke ‘Who says we are not?’
Alaster agreed ‘He was a member of the pact therefore, we are connected in that manner.’
Teeboppity peered at Druella searchingly.

People began to speak all at once ‘Who’s behind these stories?’ , ‘Da goblin’s write it don’ dey? And dey say dey got a source…’ , ‘Der iz rumaz flyee-in evree-wer in Org-mar…’, ‘Could somebody be using his death as an excuse to disband the blood pact?’

‘How very strange.....’ Dru remarked ‘the paper starts up...and Opathu goes missing’

Teeboppity cleared her throat ‘I think I speak for Milady when I say I doubt Opathu is behind the Gazette.’
‘And i did enjoy the story about Alaster’ Dru continued, giving him a sly wink.
Tee raised an eyebrow in surprise at her mistress’s behaiviour.

‘So,’ Lorne asked ‘What part except him getting killed is true then?’
Teeboppity frowned
‘I do not believe he is dead.’ Vexacus comented
‘Well, I find it hard to believe too..’ Tee agreed
‘Yes, I haven't accepted it yet...’ Yuxi added ‘Although Vypra failed to resurrect him so something is amiss.’
‘I have seen the body.’ Megeara said flatly. ‘He is dead.’
‘You still have it?’ Yrjial inquired. Meg nodded ‘It resides in my crypt.’

Once again Druella spoke up ‘Who says its even his body?’

Both Tee and Yuxi confirmed that Megeara had been the one to preserve ‘Two-smile’s’ body. ‘Milady, I’m sure Megeara would recognise him’ Tee asserted. ‘Meg was the last to touch him’ Yuxi said.
‘Oh, in what way?’ Dru asked with a lewd chuckle.

Tee glared angrily at her mistress and bade her act with more decorum, but Yuxi seemed unperturbed ‘I would not know.’ She replied ‘I was not present’

The strange behaviour of the Dark lady of the theatre and her deputy began to elicit dark looks and expressions of surprise from many of those present.

Vypra mused ‘I'm pretty sure it was him. But it might explain why i couldn' find his soul...’ She looked unconvinced. However, Vexacus cut in ‘Magics can be used to craft a realistic likeness of someone. Even if his body was in front of me I would find it difficult to believe.’

The discussion continued and the list of suspects and motives was wide ranging.
From the Silverwing sentinels to former business associates. For financial gain to the destabilisation of the Blood pact.
They argued round in circles until a patron of the inn suddenly asked ‘Who the heck is Opathu?’

There was a great deal of indignation. ‘Quintilius, go outside and educate the young gentleman.’ Ordered Dr Grymm. ‘Politely’ he added.
‘As you wish, Sir.’ Quint replied ‘Eya chap.. follow me please’

Many shouted after the retreaing pair ‘He was my Friend!’, ‘..A comrade’, ‘Ee woz mah Boss!’
Vex grinned ‘He was joker and a cad and he’s laughing about this somewhere you mark my words’
Vypra jumped to her feet ‘He was one of our own and we not gonna rest ‘til we find out wha' happen ta him!’

Lorne cut through the chatter ‘Okay, let's focus. What is this meeting about anyway?’
Tee turned to him ‘That damn newspaper. We have to stop it!’

Yuxi was emphatic ‘Get serious people. We need to get to the bottom of this... Noone gets away with murder of this magnitude.’
Alaster held up a finger for attention ‘If we burn it we give credence to it. If we try to ban it, we give credence to it. Better to simply expose it.’

‘Yes, fight it with the truth’ Tee agreed and many others nodded in assent. Though there were those who seemed inclined to disagree.

Megeara was contemptuous ‘Pah its just a rag. By goblins, for goblins. Pay it no heed.’ She stood ‘I must leave now, but i say this - We should have a Wake. To celebrate the fat oaf’s life. A booze cruise perhaps.’ There was general agreement, so she bade them farewell and left.

After Meg’s departure, talk returned to the paper. Who was behind this smear campaign on their alliance? Could they bought off, scared off or even killed?

Druella began to cackle madly at the situation and as Tee looked sharply towards Dru, muttering under her breath, Dru’s eyes seemed to burn with a strange fire.
Teeboppity glared at Druella and spoke the words again, more forcefully this time.
The dark lady of the theatre shook her head ‘Not this time.’

The others slowly stopped their discussion as Tee gasped and repeated the words out loud ‘Wicker Lady’
‘Enough of your foolish curses and dances’ Druella mocked her ‘We have had more than enough of that!’

‘Curses and dances …’ Liontooth repeated, puzzled.

Lithaella shot to her feet and watched Druella carefully as Vypra looked on, startled.
Teeboppity growled menacingly at Druella. ‘NO! Not now!’

‘Um...’ Lorne seemed unsure what to say

Alaster held aloft a hand to stay members of the Ashen Order. While Yrjial shot a look at Quint. ‘Delauney - come here.’
Quintilius looked back and forth between Tee and Yrjial

‘Oh yes....’ said Druella. ‘I am very patient. Unlike .....you.’
‘You failed!’ cried Tee ‘You had your chance!’
‘It seems like your dances had a effect on her......but not on me.’

Teeboppity peered at Druella searchingly. ‘Her... and not you? What...?’
‘Oh yes vile one....you started something you know nothing of.’
‘I started it, and I will finish it then’ Teeboppity bared her teeth and snarled.
‘I dealt with one such as you before.....a long long time ago, and i slit her throat and bathed in her blood. Aaaah such a long time ago that was...’ Dru purred.’
‘You have NEVER met one like me... Milady.’ Teeboppity spat.

Alaster reached out an arm to stay Quint.

Lithealla stood ready, her hand on her spellsword.

The two forsaken women traded insults and mad, dark pronouncements as the rest of the group watched in disbelief. Only Alaster and Yrjial seemed to fully understand the situation and they quietly diverted anybody from stepping between the two opponents.

‘ Follow me outside vile witch...’ Druella challenged ‘I shall fight for her honour.’

Teeboppity followed Dru outside. Lithaella and Vypra flanked the Warlock as she faced her mistress.
Tee reached into her belt pouch, took out a few silvergreen leaves and popped them into her mouth.

‘I...Druella the fallen assassin from the school of the Scarlets....shall fell you. You have ground her down too long’

‘Some blood pact this is...’ Liontooth muttered ‘chaos more like...’

Ever the performer, Teeboppity snapped her fingers and twirled, her robes changing. ‘Try me, you failed one.’

Druella 's eyes slightly glazed over and she reached for her daggers

Quintilius eyed the two women intently, his fists trembling slightly
All eyes were focused on the pair, the Greywolves seemingly appalled at this turn of events. All…except Yrjial, who shot a look at Quint, her face expressionless.

‘I....i…’ stuttered Dru.

Teeboppity moved her hands, drawing power from the air, mystical runes lingering as motes of light
Druella fell to her knees. ‘Bah......no....i am not strong enough.’
‘You. Are. Finished! You end... tonight!’ Tee’s words carried an air of finality.
Druella slowly rose to her feet ‘Come.....lets see what you can do!’

‘I don't know what to do...’muttered Liontooth anxiously

‘You have failed the Theatre,’ Tee pronounced ‘Failed the people that followed you without question...’
Druella dropped her weapons. ‘Too.....weak’
Vypra looked from one to the other with rapt attention as Teeboppity muttered curse after curse.

Lithaella watched Tee confidently ‘Dere ain' no two ways 'bout dis. Tee be strongah.’
Quintilius muttered under his breath

Teeboppity once again began the strange dance and Druella knelt before her, defeated.
‘This.. ends.’
Yrjial narrowed her eyes, seemingly displeased.

‘No....’ Dru’s voice was barely more than a whisper ‘But she is safe....do with me what you will’

‘Tee, spare her’ Yuxi pleaded
‘ ...Rip her head off...’ Quint growled

Druella looked up at Tee ‘But....before you do.... i have a message from her.’

Yrjial shot a look at Alaster. ‘Teeboppity.’ he said.

‘It...regards them’ Dru raised her hand weakly in the direction of the assembled members of the Ashen Order.

Again Yuxi asked Tee to stay her hand.

Teeboppity grabbed Druella and pulled her up, kissing her deeply, the essence of the leaves she chewed rushing into Druella's mouth with her breath.

Snicka gaspsed

‘From what i see...there is more to this than...hmmm...’ Liontooth said thoughtfully as he peered, searchingly, at Druella.

Teeboppity pulled away ‘No consequence.. now sleep…’

‘Let her live.’ Alaster said quietly as Yrjial 's cold eyes narrowed.

Druella struggled to utter her words ‘she...will need your help....watch for the ma....’ But Teeboppity simply pushed Druella away.

"Kill her.. kill her.." Quintilius muttered under his breath causing Yrjial to send him a withering look.

Teeboppity watched as Druella stumbled around ‘There's nothing alive in there...’

Liontooth looked disturbed ‘Something...is very wrong here Lorne...i don't like this at all.’ His friend looked puzzled ‘What do you mean?’
Liontooth gestured at the scene before them ‘Just look at what’s going on here...curses..dances..warning about something...’

Alaster and Yrjial held out their hands to Druella. Yrjial’s eyes met those of the falling Guild mistress. But Druella looked empty..... a shell.

Teeboppity pulled the Theatres roster from inside her robes and held Dru up

‘I know.’ Lorne replied

Teeboppity bared her teeth and snarled at Druella ‘Sign this, before I sunder your mind... you poor fool’

Druella almost looked towards Alaster's kind gesture....and her eyes twinkled...ever so slightly, but she replied in a leaden tone ‘Yes....your Ladyship’

Lithaella grinned wickedly at Druella as Vypra appeared to hold her breath and
Quintilius gritted his teeth

Druella took the guild roster and crossed through her name ‘There Mistress....the Guild is yours’

Lithaella smile more widely yet and Tee, herself began to grin ‘Good... now... go...’

Alaster let his hand fall.

Yuxi gasped, Vypra finally exhaled with relief and Lithaella leaned in to whisper to Teeboppity.

Liontooth narrowed his eyes and peered at Druella searchingly.
‘Great,’ said Lorne impatiently ‘can we go on with the meeting now?

Yrjial spoke quietly to Alaster, shaking her head. ‘And then there was one...' he muttered.

-*-

((posted by Vypra))

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:24 pm

Ashya slept, tossing fitfully around under her blankets. The days Duty had left her tired, as well as the long session with the Shamans of the tribe. Kemsha was on the mat next to Ashya's sleeping roll, watching her adopted daugther with a worried look on her face as the young Shaman muttered in her sleep.

"Nyuuh..." Ashya moaned softly. "No... Ge'way from me..'elp... MOMMY!"she muttered in her sleep. Kemsha kneeled by her side and gently shook Ashya, who slept doggedly on. "Sweety? Wot be 'rong?" Kmesha said softly, trying to rouse Ahsya. "N-no.. moah bugs..." she whimpered "Ge'way from me... nooo... bad spi'its..."

Ashya tossed in her sleep, whimpering and thrashing. Kemsha gently shook Ashya. "Pl'ase, sweety. Wak' up...". Ashya gasped and opened her eyes in shock and let out a strangled cry. "M-mommy!". Kemsha hugged her tightly. "Dere, dere sweety. Ya 'ere jus' dreamin'" Kmesha said, making soft soothing noises. Ashya shivered "M-mommy.... ah be so scared..." Ashya said, clinging to her mother. "Da dream.. so scareh.."

Kemsha frowned. "Wot did ya see, sweety?". Ashya blinked and took a deep breath. "Ah.... ah was walking in da desert... wif all white sand lak.. Ah found lak... a little purple ball.. uhm.. lak... glass.. an'in it was smoke, cha?".

Kemsha nodded. "Mmm, da desert... ball ya say?"

Ashya nodded slightly "Cha... kin'a... Bu'when ah tried ta pickt it up, big bug kem from da ground an'chased me." she said with a shudder. "Big bug?" Kemsha asked, hugging Ahsya a little tighter. Ashya frowned in thought for a moment. "Cha... lak... no'a spidah.. more lak... dem bugs ya seen on da Shimmerin'flats, cha? Bu' lots an'lots biggah. Ah ran'way from it, and suddenleh a was runnin'thru da Jungle... an'den ah saw it was lak... where dem old tribe use'ta be? Dere was 'notha one of dem balls, bu'den da big snake came... look lak dem statues dem eldah wo'shipped...So ah coul'no pick it up... ah ran 'way from dem..."

Kemsha nodded, remembering Ashya's tales about her time in Stranglethorn. "Dem...Hakkar stat'es?" Ashya nodded, wrapped up in the recounting of her dream. "Ah ran from da snake... it followed me thru a canyon... ah ran into an ol'castle. ". Kemsha raised an eyebrow. "Cas'le...canyon...?" she muttered, and Ashya nodded again. "Cha... dere was dis old town.. wif lotsa ghosts, an'da big towah.. In da towah was dis big statue wif a small altar.. lak ya mek when ya pray to dem Loa. An'dere was 'notha ball... bu'when ah tried ta lift it, da big statue came an'tried ta burn me wif fiah. Ah ran'gain, an'dem bugs were back... lak.. 'undreds of dem, mommy.. and da big snakes... an'dey all chased me." Ashya shivered and cuddled up closer to Kemsha. "Ah was so scared, mommy."

Kemsha stroked Ashya's hair and kissed her forehead. "Mah poor, lil' sweety. 'hy dem dreams be cru'l ta ya?". Ashya gave Kemsha a tight hug and shook her head. "Ah... Ah dunno, mommy...". Kemsha looked Ashya deep in the eyes. "Sweety, dese balls... 'ow big dem were? 'nd dem were fill'd wif da smoke, ya say?" she asked. Ashya gave a small shrug. "Uhm... lak big as ya fist... ah think... an'it looked lak smoke.. bu'it felt lak... alive."

Ashya sobbed softly. "Ah ran'way from dem, mommy.. ah ran an'ran... bu'dey kept chasin'me. Ah ran thru lands wif bad dogs, an'lak bats... until ah came to a big black oaktree... ah climbed it ta get'way from dem. Ah was so scared, mommy. Dem was all'round da tree... snappin'an'da hissin' lak.". Ashya smiled slightly. "Bu'den ah saw you... an Miss'boppity, an'da otha Shaman... all 'round da tree... an'yas made them all go 'way. An'den da tree got all new leaves, cha? An'den ah wake up, an'yas was 'ere."

Kemsha frowned. "I be 'nowin dat des'rt ya told me. Dat be call'd Silithus, 'nd dat be bad pl'ce.Dem druids of da Cen'rion 'as been tryin' ta deal wif dem bugs. Dem tried ta esc'pe 'rom dem prison in dere. Dat wus long tim' 'go, i wus dere too wif Ux, fightin' 'gainst dem.". Ashya bit her lip nervously. "Mommy? Ya think dem be lak... dem vision dreams?" she asked hesitantly. Kemsha let out a long, drawn-out sigh. "Yah. Ya be torm'nted wif dem."

Ashya nodded and closed her eyes. "Mebbeh da Loa think ah can 'elp? " she offered. Kemsha smiled and nodded."Mmm...ya can but de, Loa be bettah 'ot harass ya wif dem bad dreams all da tim', dat be bad ta ya.". Ashya bit her lip and tried to put on a brave face. "It be jus'dreams, mommy." she said, stiffling a yawn. Kemsha frowned. "Mmm... Jus' in case..." she said, taking some herbs and mixing them in a vial. "Drink dis, it be lettin' ya sleep bettah."

Ashya nodded. "Yes mommy" and took the cork from the vial and sniffed it. "Dis smell yucky..." she muttered, making Kemsha smile. "Oh, but it be givin' ya sweet sleep, sweety.". Ashya raised the vial to her lips and drank the potion, shuddering as it went down. Withing seconds she fell asleep. "Sleep 'ell, mah sweet lil' Ashya." Kemsha said as she covered her with a blanket.

-*-

((posted by Ashya))

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:26 pm

Vypra was tired. She had spent two days with the shamen of Thunder Bluff. Her Visions had shown her the quest to retrieve Opathu's Soul would be three-fold, but nothing more was forthcoming. Then, she had been sent by the Spirit-walker to Elder rise.

A young shaman by the name of Ashya had been sent a dream by the Loa. As the troll-girl rested, her mother relayed the essential information.

Three soul-stones, on three altars. To be retrieved and brought together for a ritual...

Zul'Gurub, Ahn'Qiraj and Karazahn...places to fill the heart with fear. But they must face the threats therein if they wished to bring back their fallen comrade!

Teeboppity required a scroll, hidden in the library of the Scarlet Monastary, to enable her to enact the ritual. So Vypra and her friend Lothor sneaked out of Thunder Bluff with Ashya to retreive it.

They fought their way through to the inner sanctum. Ashya knelt, and the Loa, pleased with their young emmisary, directed her to the Scroll.

Vypra quickly scanned the document. It was old and stained but it seemed to contain the points Tee had mentioned so they would recognise it. She congratulated the youngster. If it had not been for Ashya's talent, they would be no closer to saving Opathu.

As she passed through Shattrath, a messenger at the Scryers tower reported an attack on Silvermoon city. Vypra was not overly fond of the Blood Elves capital, but after two days of forced inaction, she was determined she would go to help. She would need to be in peak condition for the tasks ahead and a little skirmish with the alliance seemed like just the thing to stretch out the kinks.

There, Vypra met Huor and a couple of his comrades from the Ashen Order. Vexacus arrived shortly afterward and the attackers were eventually driven from the city. However, it seemed this night was to be an eventful one! Soon after, the Forsaken were calling for aid at the Undercity and they raced, as one, to the portal.

These attackers seemed more organised and they were repelled eventually by sheer doggedness on the part of the defenders.

Wearily, Vypra bade farewell to Huor and his friends. It had been good to fight by his side again, even if he was slightly insane.

As she returned to Orgrimmar with Vexacus, a strange lassitude seemed to fall upon her. When the city guards reported an attack she seemed unable to do more than heal her mate and she retired back to the inn as he and the other warriors patrolled outside the city gates.

Exhaustion and adrenaline seemed to have done what psychtropic drugs and meditation had not...she slipped into a trance and went wolf. As the scent of the city flowed past her, she was drawn to the Cleft of Shadow.

The swirling darkness she had experienced when she had tried to ressurect Opathu almost overwhelmed her and she fell to her knees...but there was his image large as life!

It was all she could do to to stop herself from falling into that darkness, but Two-smile seemed to be trying to tell her something. Try as she might , she could not make out his words and a chill stole over her.

Vypra tried to speak, to reassure him that they had not abandoned him. The words would not come. It seemed her task here was merely to witness this apparition. Only when the image faded did she feel her body return to her control.

As she dragged herself to her feet, Vypra was certain of one thing...they needed to move quickly!

((By Vypra))

-*-

(( Written first by Yuxi, then with added dialogue by Teeboppity, especially at the end. ))

As the sun was setting below the mountains surrounding the barren landscape of Searing Gorge, Yuxi rode down towards the mysterious tower of Medivh in the place called Karazhan. As she got close she noticed the familiar figure of Teeboppity enjoying herself by killing some of the restless souls that haunt the ruins outside the tower.

Yuxi dismounted and helped Teeboppity finish off the last of these haunts. The undead women smiled at and greeted each other. As there were a number of alliance people also on site, they moved a little to the side to speak more privately.

"So, tonights the night when we're gonna complete the soul collection?", Yuxi asked.
"Yes, hopefully," Teeboppity mused, "as long as those Tauren from the Greywolf Tribe, remain clueless of our true mission tonight". Yuxi nodded, "Yes, let's play along and carefully manuever us towards the Maiden of Virtue". "Yes," Teeboppity concluded, "and hope our information is correct and we find the final soul shard".

They separated as they noticed the arrival of one of the Tauren at the site, and moved the conversation to more casual topics.

More and more of the party started arriving, and finally all ten, among them Quintilius and Huor of the Ashen Order, and several Greywolf Tribe and one or two other. The decision was made to enter the tower itself and challenge the dangers within.

Quintilius flashed his trademark grin at Teeboppity. "So Tee.. What exactly is it you're looking for?". Huor looked up at Quin's remark from sharpening his daggers. "Whatever it is I want a piece..." he muttered as he sheated his blades. "I call a tenth..."

Tee smiled innocently. "Hmm? Nothing dear... just the usual.". Quintilius tilted his head and looked at Tee. "What do you mean "nothing"?" he asked, as Yuxi interrupted. "Too much talk now, I think..." she said, giving Quintiulius an icy stare. "Oh so Opathu's resurrection is a secret?" Quintilius sayed. "Allright then.. wont say anything.. My lips are sealed..". Tee sighed, rubbing her face in exasperation. It was going to be a long night...

The team made themselves ready inside the tower and quickly moved towards the stables, where undead horses and their caretakers were quickly dispatched, until they found themselves face-to-nose with the infamous horse Nightbane. Liontooth, in his bear form, advanced on the horse and engaged it in battle, while the rest of the party assisted. As the horse got close to being severely damaged a battle cry was heard and Attumen the Marksman came running in, but was quickly caught and engaged by Quintilius. Shortly thereafter Attument mounted his steed and started fighting like a maniac. Nevertheless, they were both brought down quickly, and with little effort.

After clearing out some of the remaining stable crew, a slight argument arose as to where they should head after this. The majority vote was Moroes, and Teeboppity and Yuxi silently accepted this.

After clearing up a path through the crowded ball room, the party entered the feast hall of Moroes. Several guests were already there, and the party had to fight several of the guests, as they apparently disagreed with us attending the dinner party.

Finally, a face off vs. Moroes was inevitable and the party did their utmost to defeat him and hos closest servants. However, as was soon apparent, Moroes suddenly gained the upper hand as an unfortunate accident had knocked Huor senseless. The party had to flee the dinner room and regroup in the stairs leading up to the ball room.

Gathering themselves again, and discussing tactics, a new attempt to defeat Moroes was begun. After a long and intensive fight, Moroes finally lay dead on the floor and all of his assistants were also defeat. A few losses were also had on the side of our heroes, among them Yuxi. After resurrections and tending of wounds, it was finally time to pay a visit to the Maiden!

After clearing a path through ballroom and a long corridor with several guards. The Maiden finally stood before them in her gigantic splendor. Teeboppity and Yuxi exchanged glances and nodded silently towards each other while the party was positioning themselves around the Maiden.

Perhaps being sligthly too eager this close to their goal, Yuxi stumbled on an uneven stone too close the Maiden and was spotted! The Maiden charged towards Yuxi and managed to get in a staggering blow before Yuxi encased herself in ice. Chaos ensued, while the Maiden took advantage of her having suprised us. As Yuxi let go of her ice shielding and tried to flee to safety, she was again spotted and was delivered a killing blow by the maiden.
The fight seemed to go badly, but as Yuxi was resurrected in the middle of the heat of battle, and could join the fight again, the tide started turning.

Finally, the Maiden could be defeated. As the party started cheering each other on a job well done, Quintilius and Huor started exploring the more obscure parts of the now dead Maiden; Teeboppity and Yuxi took the opportunity to silently move to the side of the room where an altar stood. Teeboppity identified a flask which she them happend to drop on the floor - shattering it. "Oops", Teeboppity remarked, but then smiled at a horrified looking Yuxi, as she retreived the something from the broken bottle. "The final soul shard", Teeboppity said with a smile, as she hid it in her robe...

The party dissolved as people pressed their hearthstones to leave for much needed rest and repairs. Tee stayed behind, turning the Soulshard over and over in her fingers as Quintlius apprached her, grinning widely.

"Got what you needed Tee?" Quintilius asked. "Mmm? Oh, yes, had a lot of fun." Tee answered with a wink. "I'm sure that's what you mean.". Quintilius smirked "I see.. No.. I meant that thing.. what the hell.. wait..oh..damn.." he muttered as he spotted Liontooth who had stayed behind as well.

Liontooth scratched his head. "So...thats three out of three now?". Tee nodded quietly, as Liontooth scratched his chin, pondering something. "I have been thinking a bit...is there any advantage to anyone...if Two-Smile really comes back?". Quintilius shrugged. "Not really.." he remarked. Tee sighed. "Well, it would stop a lot of rumours about the Blood Pact, a lot of infighting among his businesses."

Liontooth peered searchingly at Tee. "And then what?". Tee shrugged herself as she slipped the Soulshard into a small pouch. "Well, we will see. Is there a good reason not to try our best for our comrade?"

Quintilius grinned wickedly. "What? Well... He's a useless sack of stinking orc shit?" he quipped before turning serious. "Nah.. I guess he's a good man..". Tee hissed at Quintilius. "Yesss... but he is OUR sack of stinking Orc shit, Quint.". Liontooth frowned at the exchange. "So...when do you plan to bring him back?" he asked, earning him a smile from Tee. "Why, want to help, Liontooth?" she asked. Liontooth stammered, caught unawares by Tee's smile. "I...don't know....maybe?"

Teeboppity nodded. "We still have to figure out the rituals involved." she admitted. "But we would appreciate any help we can get.". Liontooth fidgeted with the edge of his armour. "Well... its... I... really don't know if I want him back to be honest..." he said, lowering his head a bit. "Look...don't mind me...just thinking out loud.." he added with a lopsided grin.

"You would want the Tribe to do everything they could for you, right?" Tee asked. Liontooth nodded."Well... I guess...yeah...". Teeboppity smiled at the big Tauren. "Opathu was Theatre, deep down to his rotten core. We.. we just can't leave him like this. Something stopped our best from helping him. So that's what we do, Liontooth. All we can to help him."

Liontooth nodded. "Well...keep me informed then....eh?". Tee smiled warmly at Liontooth. "We will. I... I'd like you there, as a friend, to help.". "Fair enough." Liontooth said. "Well...lets get out of here?"

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:28 pm

The flickering light of the fire in the marble fireplace sparkled on her body which was covered in a thin sheen of sweat. The air seemed heavy with the smell of exertion and musk, intertwining ih the subtle smell of peaches and cinnamon. She stretched lazily while she lay on her stomach, pressing her naked body against the thick fur of the hearthrug as she stared at the snapping flames.

A slight motion next to her signaled the return of her lover and she let out a soft squel as he teasingly ran the chilled foot of the wineglass over her spine before offering it to her. She lifted herself up on her elbows and accepted the glass, taking a small sip before putting it on the floor next to the rug. Her lover lay down next to her and teased her hair away from her neck to kiss the musky skin, causing her to shiver and sigh while she stared at the small altar next to the fireplace.

" Copper for your thoughts?" he asked, following her gaze. " Ah, that..." he concluded with a snort as his eyes fell on the small velvet pouch placed in the circle of shimmering protective runes. He reached out for it, and with snake-like speed she grabbed his wrist. "Don't..." she whispered. " That's some very potent magic protecting them.. well... shielding them as well. Both ways..." she added. Her lover raised an eyebrow. "Both ways?" he asked as he slowly moved his hand back to rest gently on hollow just above her firm buttocks.

She shivered, partly due ot his touch, partly because of the thoughts running through her head. " Yes, both ways. Sometimes it feels like they are watching me. I... I'm not sure anymore, Quin. It's all going so fast... too fast. Too many coincidences, things falling into place too conveniently. Almost like I am..."

Tee frowned at hearing herself frame the words. "Like I am not in control, Quin. Like some outside force is driving us to a goal... Goddess knows what.". Tee chuckled wryly at the irony. "Like I'm a damn poppet. And those shards. Will they summon Opathu? Or merely something that looks like him?"

Quintilius grinned mischieviously as his hand followed the curve of her buttocks. "Maybe you shouldn't take the risk? Let things rest?" he said, tickling her silken skin. "Who knows, you might be summoning some fiend from beyond. Instead of the fiend we know." he added with a chuckle. Tee giggled softly. "It might be an improvement. But I have to go through with it, Quin. I owe the old bastard that much.". Quin sighed. "Well, yes. Maybe. But is it all worth it?"

Tee slowly rolled on her back, pulling Quin on top of her. "I hope so. And I know you rather had we didn't. Too much at stake for you, right?" she asked, winking slyly. "Mhm..." was Quin's reply as he smothered her next question with a passionate kiss. Tee wrapped her arms around him pulling him close, shivering as their skins touched. Quin's hands expertedly roamed over her silken skin, applying just the right pressure in just the right spots to rekindle her passion. Tee wrapped her legs around him, moaning softly into his mouth while the light of the fire dances over their intwined bodies.

One of the logs in the fire snapped noisily, making Tee gasp and break the kiss. Quintilius blinked at the interruption and moved in to kiss her again, but Tee turned her head away to stare at the altar. "It just feels... wrong, Quin..." she whispered hoarsely. "So wrong..."

Quin grinned his trademark grin. "It didn't feel wrong half an hour ago." he chuckled just before he spotted the look of worry in her eyes. "Oh... I'm sorry, love." he added softly, kissing her gently on the cheek. "Maybe we should move? Hmm? Get away from those things?" he suggested softly as he traced a finger over her cheek. Tee shook her head. "No, no... this is fine." she said softly, casting a slightly worried glance at the altar and it's shimmering protection. "I'm just being silly. Come here...". Tee pulled Quin close again in a tight hug, covering his face with soft kisses while her hands caressed his back. After a few moments she stopped, giving Quin a questioning look. "What's wrong?" she asked softly.

Quintilius pulled back from Teeboppity and looked into her eyes with a thoughtful expression. "What do you mean that you owe him so much, anyways?" Quintilius sat up and looked at Teeboppity. "What did he ever do to help you get where you are today? All I remember was he threw lewd insults your way. Owe him? I think not... There were others that did much more for you than him..."

Quintilius emptied the glass of wine and continued. "You know I would rather see this not happen as Huor and me created the Cartel out of the shambling mess that was once the Black Oak Crew. Well, at least some of them, but there's still those who are loyal to Opathu and would just love to see us getting gutted for what we did and if Opathu comes back to rally them they might actually muster up enough strength to become bothersome."

Quintilius smiled and pulled Tee closer and gently caressed her lips with his thumb. "Besides.. I wish to focus my energies on planning our wedding. I do not intend to postpone this any further. Tee, I love you and I want you to be my wife." Quintilius leaned in and kissed Tee gently before saying softly, "And it would be so bothersome to have common thugs interrupt those plans.... wouldnt it?"

Tee giggled softly as she snuggles into Quintilius'arms. "Mhm... very bothersome..." she said softly, kissing Quin and catching his lower lip between hers to suck it softly. She breathed hotly on it, shivering as she felt Quin's hands move again. She closed her eyes, stiffled a soft moan and was just about to push Quintilius onto his back to straddle him, when a sound like the tinkling of glass made her open her eyes.

Quintilius'eyes were wide, staring over her shoulder. "Whu... huh.. what the...?" he stammered. Tee blinked and turned slowly, gasping at the sight that greeted her eyes...

The small velvet bag of Soulshards floated above the altar, bumping into the protective shield created by the runes. The shield shimmered and fizzed, lazy sparks of arcane energy arcing through the air.

One of the spark landed almost gently on Tee's crystal ball, where it shimmered for a moment. Then with a high piercing whine, the crystal ball shattered, sending shards flying through the room.

Quin threw himself to one side, pulling Tee with him as he grabbed the edge of the thick iron-fur rug and pulled it over them as a crude shield. One of the shards embedded itself in the rug next to Tee's head, making her shriek. "Piss and fire!" Quin cursed, throwing the rug away as the shards from the crystal ball started to sizzle.

The bag rose higher, causing more sparks to fly from the shielding spell, arcing through the air with more force. One landed in Tee's scrying bowl, flashing part of the water into steam before the bowl cracked, the remaining water spilling over the altar and washing over the carefully drawn runes. The runes fizzled, dissolving in the moonwell water and the shield spell collapsed with a high-pitched whine.

The bag of Soulshards flew straight up as if from a catapult and struck the ceiling where it hung for a second before falling down onto the shattered remains of Tee's precious altar.

Quintilius stared at the bag of soulshards and the broken altar.

"Hah.. Looks like he didn't like that, eh? Meh.. Leave the old flatulent bastard to rot wherever he is. He's as useful to have around as a yeast infection. " Quintilius pulled on his robe.

"meh.. I'm goin' out. I ain't gonna fuck ya when Oppy's soul is in the same room throwing a tantrum.. I'm gonna go get me one of Bigglers hot dogs..mmm "

-*-

((By Teeboppity))

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Vypra sat in a corner of Orgrimmar inn. It was relatively quiet, which was just as well. She was having trouble concentrating anyway.
Tee’s description of how the soul shards they had gathered to resurrect Opathu had demonstrated such destructive power had greatly unsettled Vypra.

The queen of the theatre had made it quite clear that they could not afford to wait any longer. They must attempt to bring back the orc crime-boss the very next evening.

Teboppity’s voice drifted in from outside, greeting her friend Lithaella. Vypra sighed sadly as brushed the feathered quill softly against her cheek, then bit her lip as she struggled to return her thoughts to the matter at hand.

They would need people to take part in the ritual but there were many, even amongst those she would normally trust, who would much rather Opathu stayed dead.
The troll stuck out her tongue as she wrote down a few names.

The list was pitifully short but there was nothing else for it…they were going to have to do this with the people they had.

She allowed herself a small cup of ale before heading out into the night to spread the word.

Vypra was not in a good mood and as she approached the guild hall and heard raised voices she began to swear.
She threw open the door with a curse and stalked in. Teeboppity looked startled ‘Vypra? What’s wrong?’

The troll thrust a copy of the goblin gazette into Tee’s hands and walked over to stare at the fire, shaking her head. ‘Oh dear’ sighed Tee and the others gathered round their leader all trying to see what the fuss was about.

‘How dey find out ‘bout dis?’ Vypra demanded. ‘Mcmahon…’ Tee suggested, her lip curling with distaste ‘concerned citizen indeed!’
Vypra snorted as she remembered the depraved priest hanging around outside the inn the previous night ‘It figures.’

Subliminal quickly finished reading the article ‘I think we’re going to need reinforcements!’ and he headed out the door.

Yuxi’s young apprentice, Millora, clamoured to be told what was going on and Vypra avoided looking at her as her mistress shushed her and kept her away from the paper. The young forsaken would find out her role in the ritual later that evening. ‘Blood of an innocent’ the words echoed in Vypra’s mind and she made some excuse about checking her armour and left the room.

(( by Vypra))
-*-

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:36 pm

They assembled at Camp Mojache. Tee sighed ‘Let’s get this done shall we?’and the players of the Theatre set off towards Dire Maul, Quintilius following them without comment.

Once they were gathered in the arena, Nazumi set up a defensive perimeter. It was a wise move as Castelyn soon joined them on the arena floor. Hostile words were exchaged and violence soon followed. Vypra yelled for them to stop but her words went unheeded until the warlock and his companion lay in a heap on the floor. The shaman hurriedly revived those from the theatre that had been struck down, only for Castelyn to return to consiousness and attack in reprisal. She groaned in despair as the hotheads among them sprang to action and things descended into chaos once more.

As the dust settled, those still on their feet gathered round. Vypra looked about helplessly. In the confusion, some of them had been hit by their own comrades.

‘Vypra, Yuxi come here.’ Tee commanded. As they approached their mistress, Vypra noticed the tension on her face ‘We must get this done. We’ve wasted enough time already!’ and she glanced nervously at the group of observers around the arena walls. Lorne and Kethin, people they would usually be happy to see, looked sternly down. And if Kethin was there, chances were Huor was about too.

The troll and the two forsaken gathered close together as Nazumi reformed the circle around them and they summoned the sacrifice…

Millora appeared before them looking confused and uncertain ‘What’s going on?’. ‘Nothing to worry about dear’ Yuxi replied briskly. ‘Now.’ said Vypra.
Yuxi tried to freeze her apprentice in place but the girl blinked away. Vypra sprinted after her and slashed at young mage with her dagger. Millora crumpled as a hail of frost magics hit. Then Teeboppity moved in and allowed the blood flowing from the girl to soak the soul shards.

Tee rose with a pained expression ‘Do you think its ok to revive her? I don’t wish to leave one of our own that way if it’s not necessary.’ Yuxi nodded ‘I’d appreciate it, she did show some promise.’ The shaman shrugged ‘I’ll give it a try, but she probably be scared when I do so everybody better stand back and give her some room.’

No sooner had Vypra revived her then Millora cast a horrified look around, froze them all in place with a frost nova and ran in terror. Some tried to stop the fleeing girl, but Vypra called them back, it was better to let the poor thing go.

Tee handed a blood drenched shard each to Yuxi and Vypra and retained the third. They came together again and Tee began to mutter some strange words before raising her power to the ritual. The other two ladies joined their magic with hers and the cone of power swelled as everybody around them held their collective breath in anticipation…

Nothing happened. There was general air of confusion and a mocking shout came from the edge of the arena ‘What’s up? Opathu not appeared?’.

Vypra turned to Tee ‘wha’ happen?’ The warlock shook her head ‘Try again!’ Time after time, they called forth their power, each attempt leaving them more fatigued until eventually, Tee dropped to her knees ‘It was working…I’m sure…I felt something’ she panted. Yuxi knelt beside Tee, her face showing her exhaustion ‘Tee, please give it up, it’s just not working…’

As the mage tried to persuade the warlock of the futility of trying to continue, Vypra yelped in pain ‘Dat damn shard just burn me!’
Subliminal bandaged her hand. Her cry seemed to rouse Tee slightly and she frowned as she looked down at her own hand ‘Yes…it’s burning.’ Yuxi looked from one to the other ‘Hmm, mines cold…’

There were shouts from the edge of the defending group…the watchers had finally decided to attack! It was a fierce skirmish, taunts came from the attackers and Subliminal yelled insults at these people he saw as betrayers.

Somehow the theatre came out of the fight victorious, but it was a hollow victory and Vypra sighed bitterly as she wearily revived the fallen…they had failed. The now cracked shard sat uselessly in her hand, there was no point remaining there now. Jeers and catcalls followed them as they exited the arena.

Nazumi carefully led Tee’s mount as they made to leave but they were brought up short by a large group of people blocking the path. To her dismay, Vyrpa noted that Morgalyen, the human priestess had brought an impressive number of alliance warriors to stop them. Members of the Ashen Order stood nearby, watching sternly and at the forefront, Huor, Kethin and Quint ‘So, the Theatre fails again.’ Perhaps it was for Tee’s sake that he tried to keep the satisfaction out of his voice but his words made Vypra feel utterly dejected. With so many determined that they should not bring back Opathu, how could they have hoped to succeed?

With a small sigh, Teboppity finally lost consciousness and slid from her mount to land at its feet with a soft thud. Nazumi stared dumbstruck as Vypra, Yuxi, Quint and Alaster gathered round the prone form of the Queen of the Theatre. Alaster took charge, issuing orders with his wry sense of humour ‘I am a doctor you know!’ and Vypra couldn’t help but smile as she offered him the use of any of the herbs and potions she carried.

As they tried to revive Tee, Vypra noticed just how small she seemed. The breath from Nazumi’s mount stirred the forsaken girls hair across her face and Quint snapped at the hunter ‘Nazumi, back that bloody raptor off will ya.’ She blinked, still speechless and looked a little hurt as she moved the creature away. Quint leaned over his lover and gently took her hands ‘We have a strong bond between us’ he muttered ‘perhaps I can guide her back.’

As she waited, Vypra realised she was gripping the cracked shard so tightly it was cutting into her already bandaged hand. She gritted her teeth. She was the one who had insisted upon this course, and now they might loose Tee as well! The shaman bowed her head, she would never forgive herself …

It seemed to take an eternity. Vypra seemed insulated from the background noise…Vex and Huor’s banter, Sub taunting the alliance, and all the other exchanges could have been happening on another world. Eventually though, Tee sat up and Vypra sighed with relief.

The feeling was short lived as her attention returned to the group still blocking their exit from Dire Maul. Vypra got to her feet and approached Morgalyen cautiously. The troll tried desperately to convey her apologies for what had been done that night in the arena, but the priestess simply watched her efforts in stony silence and Vypra finally gave up and rejoined her companions.

The shaman was just in time to see Tee gropingly blindly at the bridle of her mount as she was escorted away from them by Quint and Nazumi. Vypra had no time to ponder the mystery of Tee’s blindness. No sooner was the little group clear than the alliance force began their attack. She gasped in pain as flames engulfed her and try as she might, she could not summon the strength to form a healing spell. She sagged under the onslaught as her companions fell around her ‘This is the price I pay…’ she thought as consciousness slipped away…

By the time she came to, the rest of the theatre looked to have all revived somewhat. Vypra dragged herself painfully to a sitting position. In the distance she saw the alliance warriors departing through a portal until only Morgalyen and a companion remained. As she sat and allowed her wounds to heal she saw Huor approach ‘I’m sorry that had to happen, but we’re all better off without Opathu. I hope you understand that.’ The shaman looked down at the new scars decorating her body and nodded mutely, the pain of her failure sharper than all the others. She had been so full of herself, that they could bring the Orc warlock back to life, that those who opposed them would be outsmarted.

She forced herself to stand and gestured towards Morgalyen ‘Dey gonna let us leave?’ ‘Oh, I should imagine so.’ the Elf replied.
Vypra dragged herself onto her mount and follwed Vex out of that place. They made their way back to Camp Mojache in silence.

They dismounted by the inn and she sighed heavily ‘Come now’ Vex bantered ‘you don’t really think this is then end of him do you?’ Vypra stared at her mate incredulously 'Ya really tink dat?’ ‘He is a warlock, we are notoriously difficult to keep down.’ He grinned wickedly at her. She shook her head laughing despite herself. There was a heavy downpour in progress and she squinted up at the sky ‘How ‘bout we head back ta Orgrimmar ta dry off?’ she suggested and walked to the flight master and set off for city.

-*-

((By Vypra))

Last edited by Vypra on Fri May 23, 2008 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... EmptySat May 03, 2008 12:37 pm

-Epilogue-

And as he rose from hell, he looked around.

White.

A crisp cold.

In the distance, a fawn moving under the crystal limb of a pine.

Closer, the frozen corpse of a farm animal, lying crestfallen and innocent upon the snow.

He breathed in deep, setting his lungs afire. His massive chest rose and fell, before a bellow erupted, coughed into a whisper: hidden faces were watching, of that he was sure.

"Alive ...

"By the gods and seneschals ... alive."

He stifled a guffaw, rumbling from the fiery pit of his stomach.

As naked as a new-born babe, the giant figure hauled himself from the clutching tendrils of the earth. He turned and spat upon the elven demon who'd kept him imprisoned, watching her six-armed form move weakly as her life-blood sank around her torn body.

Twisting back to the flat sky, he spoke the words of Leaping Salmon, learned from a Sen'jin witch, and bounded to the lip of the earth.

"Now, to business ..."

(( By Opathu))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once upon a time in Azeroth...   Once upon a time in Azeroth... Empty

Back to top Go down

Once upon a time in Azeroth...
Page 1 of 1