We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Return of the Extreme Anglers

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Return of the Extreme Anglers Empty
PostSubject: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptySat May 15, 2010 2:51 pm

Drink slopped onto the bench top as the troll idly swirled the cup around and around. It tasted flat anyway; dull and stale, just like everything else.

A barmaid, she didn’t notice which one, bustled over and, with an irritated tut, wiped up the mess. Vypra debated tipping the rest of the contents out over the surface just for something to do but she couldn’t be bothered having an argument right now.

With a hefty sigh, the shaman rose from her seat and left the Filthy Animal in search of entertainment. After strolling aimlessly round Dalaran for a while, she picked up her fishing rod and set off for Krasus Landing.

Leaving the floating city behind helped a little. Flying in the bracing skies of Northrend was always good for lifting her mood but even now she didn’t hold out any great hopes for the day.

‘Spirits, I’m bored.’ She murmured as she let her wind-rider pick its own course. She’d lost track of many of her old friends; some had passed on, falling in battle and others had simply disappeared like the AIM officers who’d been ousted by Rokalm.

It wasn’t that there was nothing going on…Her friends in the Heritage were certainly in a bad situation but this time, it wasn’t really something she could help them with. Their course had been set and all she could do was watch and pray to the spirits that they would find a way to survive.

As she finally settled on a destination and steered her mount towards it, she found herself reminiscing about the Broken Keel. When she’d left Ratchet on that ill-fated fishing trip she’d never thought it would the last time she’d see the place.

With a wry smile, Vypra remembered the times she’d berated that idiot Sotek for letting his pet rat have the run of the place; wrangled with Discorde over some detail of the book keeping and Vexacus’s hare-brained schemes and experiments.

Coming in to land, the troll gave a regretful sigh and unpacked her fishing gear. Even fishing wasn’t the same any more. She had to admit that, despite everything, she missed the old gang in the Extreme Angling Club…even Vex.

They’d had some great times together and the whole time she’d known him, she’d never been bored…if only he hadn’t tried to kill her.

Shaking her head to snap herself out of it, the Shaman walked over to the Blood Elves preparing the bait that attracted the sharks the Argent Tournament organisers had ordered and picked up a bucket. With a slight chuckle, she lobbed the contents into the water and jumped in after it. Wrestling sharks…it wasn’t perfect, but it was something to do…
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptySat May 15, 2010 3:33 pm

Wrestling with sharks, a whole new experience!

Wasn't you in the Silent something before? Or Angler despite guild?
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptySat May 15, 2010 4:21 pm

actually, i was IC'ly guildless. I just helped create the Silent eye.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptySat May 15, 2010 5:23 pm

Im liking the story!
Yay for the Extreme Anglers! \o/
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:14 am

Wrestling sharks FTW! And so is the Extreme Angling Club. It's good that it is back. Smile
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptySun May 16, 2010 1:15 pm

Vypra arrived at the mended keel fairly early. The thursday evenings in Booty Bay were one of her few sources of entertainment these days and it worth getting a good seat from which to veiw the flirting Blood elves and the humans that periodically burst in to pick a fight with the first member of the Horde they set eyes on.

Taking a glass of her usual brew from the Giant tauren barman, the shaman found herself watching a female Elf hopefully trying to recruit a few bodies to her organisation.

The evening passed uneventfully for the most part. A heavily armoured human, either drunk or for a bet, jumped up on the bar and began dancing. Vypra made her way to the bar and after chatting with Fryeshan for a while, turned to make room for another customer, only to find herself face-to-face with Bhodek, the treasurer of the Extreme Angling Club.

With curse, the troll fully intended to punch the Orc in the face but managed to restrain herself until she found a safe place to put down her drink.

'Uh...not expecting you to be here' he stuttered. 'I bet' replied the shaman. 'Not going to be hitting me ?'
Vypra answered with a menacing growl.

'What i do?' the orc seemed suprised. 'Between ya an' Vex i lose da business i spen' two years buildin' up' she scowled
'No it wasn't me!' he stated emphatically.

'Huh...den dat zuska, Discorde, be a lyin' jillik. Mebbe we shoul' go ask she why she tell me it wa' ya faul', hmm?' Vypra probed.

'Must be lies. Bhodek never do anything wrong!' the Orc protested 'Ask nibbles!' Vypra gave the leperous looking pig and look of distaste 'I can' beleive dat ...ting still be one peice.' 'Still have the glue to hold him together that Mister....well, He made...' Bhodek faltered under the troll's glare.

'Si' down Bhodek' she commanded, taking the chair opposite him.The Orc gulped nervously and took the seat she'd indicated, playing distractedly with his battered hat. Vypra took a swig of her drink 'So...ya seen 'Mista' Vexacus recen' like?'

'Well, now you mention it' he replied haltingly under the firey stare 'Well, i can't be club treasurer and not see the boss man, can i?'

'Where...is...he?' the shaman growled but any reply was lost as two humans and a dreanai suddenly kicked off a bar fight.

It didn't last too long and soon Vypra was helping the Fryeshan set the place to rights and tend to people's injuries. Returning to her table, she found Bhodek staring indignantly at the human that had taken his seat 'It as quick in my grave?!' he muttered sourly. Despite herself, Vypra began to laugh.

The human eventually got the hint and Vypra swigged down the rest of her drink. 'Well, anway, it was nice running into you' the Orc said, scratching his head distractedly.

'No' so fas' mon. Wha' wa' ya doin' here?' the shaman queried but the Orc was staring at the humans from earlier who were now dancing around in the centre of the room. 'Didn't realise they had jesters in this place' he commented.

'Impromptu entertainmen' apparen'ly' Vypra sighed and drummed her fingers on the table impatiently to get the Orc's attention. 'What?' he seemed to have lost his train of thought entirely.

'I ask ya a question. Where Vex be?' Vypra was rapidly loosing her temper.

'Well, i don't know. Hoenestly!' he gabbled nervously. The troll's anger flared and she leand forward to grab the Orc, fully intent on pummeling the imformation out of him but a sudden wave of cold logic held her in check. She would get little from bullying this imbeciel...but she may be able to get him work for her.

Leaning back in her seat, she saw Bhodek's look of relief. 'It the truth!' he said, earnestly 'I've ah...well, not actually seen him. Not since the accident'.

'But he keeps sending me messages' the orc continued 'to take care of things'

The shaman however, was not listening 'Acciden'?' she she said incredulously

Bhodek gave her a look as if questioning her intelligence 'The accident...you know, the boat?'

'I know bout da boat' she spat 'but ya sayin' he didn' mean ta?'

'You think he blew it up? ...but he was on it?' the Orc began playing with his hat again to cover his confusion.

With a sigh, Vypra continued 'I know dat...so wa' I.'

'Uh...maybe i could get another drink' the Orc asked hopefully 'Don' push ya luck' the troll replied.

Bhodek frowned and rubbed his for a few moments and Vypra speculated wether this was to help him keep his brain working. This was followed with some frantic scrabbling inside his pack until he pulled out a bottle of drink.

The shaman sat, tapping a tusk thoughtfully as she considered her options. Eventually she came to a desicion 'Ya say he be sendin' ya orders'
Encouraged by the Orc's asnwering nod she continued 'Bu' dere no way ta know where da letters be commin' from?'

'I not really try to find out' he admitted 'He gives me the creeps...'

Vypra chuckled darkly 'Fine...nex' letter ya get, ya lemme know righ' away...righ'?'

'I'm not sure he'd like that' The Orc looked uncomfortable.

'I don' give a rat's whisker...an' righ' now, i be closer ta ya den He. So, will ya do it...or do i has ta pursuade ya?'

Bhodek cowered back 'No! no...Okay, i do it!'

Lounging back in chair, Vypra let the Orc's mutterings wash over her. Things were moving again...

She waved a dismissive hand towards the Orc. 'I guess i go now then...' he sounded disgruntled.

'Ya wa' keen ta be off no' so long ago' she grinned wickedly.

Pulling on his hat, Bhodek nodded 'Well, i let you know if i hear anything...where do i find you?'

'Eit'er here o' da Filthy Animal in Dalaran mos' likely' Bhodek nodded again and began looking round for the digusting pig that was his constant companion 'Ugh. Best go find that pig before he piss in something again...' he muttered.

Snorting in disgust, Vypra went and got herself another drink. Time enough to relax and enjoy herself before she got down the business of hunting down her treacherous mate.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptyThu May 27, 2010 10:07 am

The early morning sun reflected brightly off the windrider’s harness. Vypra grunted sourly and squinted. Her bad mood had carried over from last night and after swearing at several Sunreaver guardians; the Elves had pointedly suggested that she might like to go somewhere else until she’d calmed down.

‘Shoulda know betta den ta trust a male’ Vypra growled to herself as she flew over Northrend towards Warsong Hold ‘an’ a Elf one at dat.’

Making her way quickly to the zeppelin landing, the shaman scowled at her own gullibility. She’d known he was up to –something- but she’d not expected to be rendered unconscious and bundled off to Booty Bay. There was no way she was buying his story about her coming down with a sudden fever…it was just too ridiculous.

The only thing she couldn’t figure out was why He’d tried to keep up the pretence when his boss had discovered them in the Booty bay inn and, though she was willing to concede that perhaps Rokalm hadn’t ordered his underling to kidnap her, it certainly didn’t sit well with her that the Orc had asked Helseth to make sure she kept their appointment.

The thing that really annoyed her was that Elf had told the truth about one thing. When she’d stormed out of the goblin port, Helseth had tried to tell her that he’d made sure the armour she’d discarded in Camp Winterhoof had been brought to the Inn but at that point she’d been too angry to listen. Now she’d have to go back and pick it up…she liked that set of armour too much to leave it and Rokalm was bound to be there waiting to talk to her.

Vypra shouldered her gear as the Zeppelin arrived and made her way to a quiet spot where she could spend the journey to Durotar in meditation. She had more important matters to attend to.

She finally had a lead on Vex’s whereabouts and she intended to follow up on it…
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptySat May 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Shimmering into the familiar ghostwolf form, the shaman tracked Bhodek as he guided his cart through the busy streets of Ratchet down to the docks. On one of the quieter wharfs the driver came to a halt, leaping off his wagon. The disgusting undead pig Bhodek kept as a companion jumped off and began excitedly running around the cart and snorting, as the orc vainly tried to bring it to heel.

Distracted by the spectacle of the orc chasing the pig around the cart, Vypra was startled to realise he had stopped next to a gleaming steamship. She had seen these before, used by the Alliance! Sure enough, she caught sight of the unmistakable colours and heralds of the Alliance decorating the ship. As she watched, incredulously, small figures scurried down from the ship to Bhodek and the cart. Her face wrinkled in disgust. Gnomes!

One of the gnomes, clearly the leader appeared to be having an animated conversation with Bhodek. She could make little detail about him, he was dressed in leathers and a mask covered his face. The orc looked nervous, she thought, and he seemed to be straining to hold onto his pet which was snarling at the gnome. After what looked like a heated discussion, the leader waved his hands in the air and his men swarmed over the cart removing the boxes Bhodek had loaded earlier.

After a what seemed to be a brief inspection of the merchandise, the gnomes finished loading the cargo onto their ship and a chest was brought out and placed on the cart. It appeared that the business was concluded. Tapping a tusk thoughtfully she thought back to earlier that day...

She had met Bhodek earlier in a dingy warehouse, apparently the only property the Anglers had access to in Ratchet these days.

'Why ya be bringin' stuff from here?' the troll inquired curiously

'Mr Vexacus left all his stuff here. He need to clear it to pay off debts.' The orc replied.

'Who buyin' dis...' she tapped the crate with a foot 'wha'eva it be?'

'Don't kick crates! Is fragile!' Bhodek exclaimed

Frowning, the shaman looked more closely at the boxes, then sniffed the air 'Explosives?' she asked incredulously.

Bhodek shook his head 'No idea. I just take care with the delivery and collect the coin for Mr Vexacus. Don't ask what inside or who's buying'

The plan was simple, Bhodek would do his job and take the payment for the goods. All she had to do then was follow the Orc to where he deposited the money and wait for Vex to pick it up.

The journey to Shattrath had taken some time. Only once he had the chest from the gnomes in his possession had Bhodek revealed that the city of light in Outland was where he had to take it. During the journey she had tried to extract more information from him, but it seemed that either he wasn't telling or genuinely didn't know that much. Given that he wasn't exactly the cleverest of orcs, Vypra suspected the latter was correct.

Apparently, this was the third shipment Bhodek had delivered to the gnomes. Each time he had been told to be extremely careful with the goods, which made Vypra suspect it had indeed been explosives each time. And each time Bhodek had received a chest in return.

With some reluctance, Bhodek had allowed Vypra to open the chest. Inside she had found a small fortune in gold coins, ten bars of some strange metal, and a small box. The box was locked and felt cold to the touch. It reeked of magic and the shaman decided against trying to force it open.

But still, how could he be selling explosives to gnomes? Those crazy little midgets normally didn't have any problems making their own explosions, or so Vypra thought.

Once in Shattrath she had followed Bhodek from a distance as he went to the bank. Once he'd made the drop, all that remained was for Vypra to wait for Vex to turn up and claim it...
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 6:39 pm

((can't believe i nearly forgot to post the end of this story... Razz Anyway, most of this is written by Vex. I added the dialogue from my chat-log ))

She hadn't had to wait long. Still wearing his scruffy stained blue overalls Vexacus had screeched to a halt on his hog outside the bank. Concealed amongst the crowds of the city Vypra had watched him go inside and reemerge a few minutes later carrying the small metal box Bhodek had shown her on the trip to Shattrath. It was a easy enough matter to trail him through Shattrath as he descended into the lower city. He didn't seem to be making much effort to conceal himself, indeed even shouting for refugees to get out of his way and nearly running a few over. After trailing him for some time he eventually came to a tent which seemed seperated off slightly from the rest of the refugees. The orc stopped and placed his hog on it's stand, and seemed to bark some orders at a couple of orcs who emerged to greet him.

Vypra decided to watch a little longer before confronting him. She didn't have to wait long before he set off again, this time on foot. After again trailing him through the lower city, he eventually entered a large tavern. Vypra recalled the place vaguely, and nodded to herself when she saw the sign "World's End Tavern." Vexacus strolled in, and waving at one of the staff who already seemed to be bringing a drink over to a table for him. Obviously he was well known here.

Stalking up behind Vex, Vypra drew her dagger, a low hiss of satisfaction escaping her lips. She was going to finish it, once and for all.

Dropping his Mug, Vexacus turned to face the troll .'What?' he exclaimed.
"Gimmie one goo' reason i shoul'n' jus' hexx ya on da spo'?' she growled.

'What?' he exclaimed 'Vypra! Its good to see you!'
'Don' gimme dat' she replied, scowling. Vex's look of confusion only served to irritate her more. 'But...'

'Ya blew da ship we wa' on...ya lef' da business in ruin'

'Oh, that? Well, it not what it seems!' Vypra raised a quizzical eyebrow in response.
'I can explain' cried the Orc.
'Righ'' Vypra folded her arms across her chest.

'Well...the boat. It was all an accident.' gabbled the Orc 'I think Bhodek had something to do with it. Incompetent fool!' He muttered 'How could I trust him?...I blame myself!' he paused '...But mostly him!'

Vypra chuckled darkly 'funny, i got dat da ot'er way roun'...he be par' ta blame o' course...bu' ya be da one givin' da orders'

'No' Vex exclaimed 'I should never have let him back in the club! I knew he was the bad news! It's my own fault for being so generous!' he bemoaned.

Vypra laughed, eliciting a conspiratorial smile from the Orc 'If I ever catch up with him again, I'll be sure to make him pay!'

'Why don' ya tell he in ya nex' letta' the troll replied with a nasty smile.

'Letter?' inquired her partner, beginning to sweat a little as the female drew out the letter she'd obtained from Bhodek.

'Wan' ta try again?'

'Letters? So, Bhodek is a forger too!' Vex exclaimed.

Vypra shook her head 'Like he got da brains o' da skill fo' som'tin' like dat. He can' even do as ya tell he righ'.'

'Huh' Vex grunted 'Well don't be mad.'

'Li'l late fo' dat' the troll interjected

'Eh. Well you see it was mostly his fault. But possibly mine too.' the Orc conceded.
'I be lis'nin'.' Vypra prompted, her eyes narrowing in suspicion.
'You see... well the truth is. The keel wasn't doing so well. There were debts...'

'I foun' out bout dat' the Shaman scowled

'And of course being the great orc I am, I had to find a way to make some gold.' Continued Vex, ignoring the interruption. 'So I was selling certain things. And these things are dangerous. And make good money too!'

The Orc grinned at the troll's inquisitive look 'But there was a mistake when Bhodek loaded them on the boat. Something happened and, well you know the rest.' he concluded with a hopeful smile.

'Ya really 'spect me ta beleive it wa' dat simple?' Vypra replied. The Orc answered with an earnest nod. 'too bad' she shrugged '...i tink i shoul' kill ya anyway fo' all da inconvenience ya put me to.'

'Only out of the goodness of Vexa's heart he try to solve money problems! And he get threatened in return? I would have come to find you sooner... but after the accident, well...I had amenesia.' he concluded.

'Uh-huh' drawled the female, looking unconvinced.

'Listen! No need to be rash. We can talk about this...and besides things are different now! The club has money again...You can come back!'

Taking advantage of Vypra's sudden look of interest, the Orc tapped the surface of a nearby table ' Wait a moment! Here sit down!'

Vypra watched as he fetched two flagons of mead and joined her 'Oh, wha' da vekk' she muttered 'ain' gonna turn down a free drink'

Raising their drink in a silent toast, the pair drank deeply and settled back in their chairs.
'what you think of this place?' asked Vex after a few moments.
'Too many Dreanai' the troll winked slyly.

'I meant the Tavern' said Vex insistently 'It's called the World's End'

Vypra giggled and grinned enthusiastically as Vex continued 'you see, a certain club...A club with a fondness of fishin', has just bought a share of it. So of course, if you wanted to rejoin the club, you would naturally have a share in this place too.'

'Given ya racord it shoul' be a controllin' share' snorted the troll.

'Well... I suppose if you could forgo any killing of club members, it could be done.' Smiled Vex.

Smirking, Vypra shook her head ' I don' tink so...'

Vypra had listened long enough. She weilded the dagger menacingly as the orc raised his hands in a gesture of defence. Suddenly her blood ran cold. She noticed he was no longer at her, but behind her. A horrifying compulsion came over her, and she turned her gaze around. Stepping out from behind a curtain a short figure emerged. Even as she looked at the figure, Vypra felt her conviction fading. She tried to make out features, but could not. It was if the person was wreathed in clouds of shadow. Whisps of shadows flailed around from the figure and Vypra felt them embrace and surround her. She found herself looking into two pure black spots which she knew was this persons eyes.

"Sleep" the figured intoned. Vypra's world went black.

Vexacus watched as the figured walked over to Vypra and placed her hands on her head. He heard a faint whispher "forget." Vypra was slumped in her chair now. The figure, a dwarf maiden dressed in dark robes with ivory skin smiled at Vexacus. "It is done."

"Permanent?" Vexacus inquired.

"As can be. She will remember coming here and your reasonable explanations. She won't recall it exactly, just that everything is fine. Possibly, strong magics can overcome this." she shrugged.
"I require payment as discussed."

"Of course," Vexacus snorted after her, "How do I know you ain't using these mind control tricks on me, huh?"

Turning slightly as she strolled out of the tavern she blew him a mocking kiss, then continued on her way out.

Vexacus signalled to some of the staff who grabbed the prone troll and carried her back to his tent.
Back to top Go down
Aghandor

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2009-04-19

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 8:33 pm

Yeah, he pretty much owned you.

Good read!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:18 pm

totally Razz
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 9:11 am

Losing memory of happenings after a drink? Are you sure you ain't describing a usual hangover and make the dwarf thing just up?! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the Extreme Anglers   Return of the Extreme Anglers Empty

Back to top Go down

Return of the Extreme Anglers
Page 1 of 1