We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone up for the challenge?

Go down 
+3
Enire
Siheld
Chowlawu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Anyone up for the challenge? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 7:45 pm

Sorry to jump in like this, but i've copied the actual post here too as they sometimes dissapear after a while and we forget what was in them ;P - Vyp

Quote :
With the discussions going lately on how to promote RP I handed out a challenge. This one goes out to anyone on any realm who wants to promote RP in general or RP on the realm.

The goal of the challenge is to:
1) Promote RP in general
2) Making RP visible
3) Make it more common with random RP

I'm not saying that this is a magical recipe, it's a challenge for those interested and who wants to make an effort.

The challenge is to ICly approach 10 new players every day.

We can reply with our findings in this thread, but I do think that the actual approaches is what's most important.

Example:
I'll be using my most outgoing character and greet random people. I'll address characters from any guild or un-guilded with an emote and a greet in /s. Then I'll stand around for a while, maybe comment on something they do (such as a mage making a portal, which she found to be very pretty).

Every attempt will be recorded by realm, side, place, date, character name, guild and result. I've split my results into: no reply - OOC reply - IC reply - other. And then I added some comments.

For March 9th on Sporeggar-Horde, Orgrimmar the results were: 9 no reply and 1 other. The "other" was the mage (who aborted his portal) asking me if I needed a portal to Dalaran, then claiming RP was dead, then offered to relog to his RP char later.
I'll keep details like names and such off these forums.

For the record I think my first attempt was a win, even if it's only one "positive" reply. Remember that I did not target specific guilds and the player who did reply was in a raiding guild.

I hope others will take up the challenge too and I'm looking forward to hearing how others are doing!

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12878617990&sid=1

It's worth a shot.

Last edited by Vypra on Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added op from link)
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:26 pm

Sounds like a nice idea!
Could you perhaps copy paste the thread to the Realm Forum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 9:55 pm

i actualy like this idea.. IŽll copy it on the hos forum and see what people think..
Back to top Go down
Enire

Enire

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2010-03-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:05 pm

I've already been doing this for a while now, to be honest most of the reactions on SSL have been positive, showing that a lot of people aren't RPing at the moment despite wanting too because they aren't quite sure how to start, but others have been... reported for misbehaviour Smile
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:35 pm

A great idea, but 10 people per day might be pushing it a little.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:15 pm

I can give it a go i guess, though if the response i get when i spend time walking round Orgrimmar/ dalaran etc and interacting with NPC's is anything to go by it certainly won't be easy Razz

Shame we had to move the Heritage dinner evenings out of Orgrimmar.

We did get a few randoms stopping to chat about politics, magical theory and whatever other stuff we ended up nattering about while were sat around our fire in the valley of spirits...
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:54 am

The dinners might be moved back one day, once Ry is a member of the Horde again. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Leamhan

Leamhan

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-07-02

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:43 pm

And un till then We have BOOTY BAY dinners ^^
Don't miss the opportune to come there and eat with friendly peps .. and if that is not enough for ya ...

Wel you can always spit on a traitor to the horde .... Twisted Evil

(Comments do not necessary reflect the viues of the person and/or character/s publishing this)
Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone up for the challenge?   Anyone up for the challenge? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone up for the challenge?
Page 1 of 1