We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Strange imaginings.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Strange imaginings. Empty
PostSubject: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:01 pm

This isn't a WoW story but involves a few players and was just a little too random not to share.

I ran as fast as I could to meet them, having just about managed to get my skirt, fishnets, piratey boots and top on before I was even remotely awake. As I was nearing the meeting place, Julie gave a cheery wave.
"Sarah! It's finally complete. The machine will allow us so much discovery!" Julie beamed. I took a glance at it and couldn't help noticing its size "It looks a bit... small, Julie" She tutted and walked about, occasionally balancing on the heels of her feet (which was not easy task considering she was wearing heels) "Well, it's powered by a system that allows us to enter it without straining anything, whilst also maintaining coherence with earthen laws." I blinked a few times as I tried to get my head around what was being said to me.
I looked at my watch and realised it was only 7:34 and so kinda half-heartedly replied "Oookay". She looked at me again, looking as excited as a chocoholic on Easter after having declared the year before they'd not succumb to the temptation ever again, though evidently had been sneaking some every week in that year "anyway, are you ready to become a swashbuckler?" she asked.
I looked to her and smiled cheekily. "Oh indeed, I can't wait to sail the high seas and deal with all manner of ne'er do-wells"
Julie looked at me and stifled a giggle. "well, we won't be sailing, per se"
I gave her an inquisative look "Oh, I though this machine travelled water"
"Oh it does, but not from the surface. This machine -swims- I call it a submarine... Not sure why."
I stood in awe of the six foot long submarine that (somehow) would allow a large crew of heroes to travel the seas and be all heroic before Julie plonked it in the ocean and beckoned me over. Without too much hassle, we (somehow) managed to squeeze into the machine which was fortunately much bigger on the inside (or we shrank).
We did what a submarine does for a fair few hour until Julie turned away from the preiscope and exclaimed "We need shell! I know where she is. Take a turn up ahead, and follow the sun!"

The machine creaked and clanked as we made the sudden turn, but having seemingly stolen technology from Star Trek, we were unaffected (Gotta love inertia dampeners). It wasn't long before we arrived at dock. Julie got out first and walked the length of the port, going back and forth. "Hmm, she should be here" Julie muttered. She waved to a few of the submarines crew who hoisted the machine out of the water and carried over their heads. One of them (I assume the navigator) started doing a 'Bwip' noise. After a while he stopped the rest of them and said "That way!" to which we travelled in due haste.
Myself and Julie stood to the side of the submarine, along with the catering staff who seemingly whipped up incredible caes in the time it takes to think 'Ooh, I could do- oh, thank you'. The crew carrying the machine followed Bwip boy until we reached a small village.

We stopped outside and a fair few hundred feet away, as the place appeared to be awash with swash... or else something altogether more likely. "Careful hun" said Julie "This looks like the work of someone or something very nefarious indeed" I gulped, and we walked forward with some trepidation.
Suddenly, there was a loud whirling screeching squirming noise heading towards us. Like a shlop, squeak and fwoom all combined to make a sound that has no spelling... Only about three times worse.
We stepped back cautiously so as to keep a distance; when it landed, the ground shook and we all gasped.
"Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiyaaaaaaaa!" came a terrifying yell. We looked over at the village, and like a whirling dervish came Michele, sreaming, spinning and generally looking a tad involved charged the thing that made the shlop squeak and fwoom noise. She leapt into the air and started pummeling it repeatedly.

We all kept a distance whilst Julie slowly stepped forward "Shell, are you giong mad? What's happened?" Michelle stood up, having beaten the thing into a lump of mishapen dough. "H-he.... He w-was evil, sis. He... he was... A... Tax collector" Needless to say we were stunned. Tax Collectors being genuine evil in the world of wherever we were, we knew that if one was seen, misery would surely follow. And sure enough, with its defeat, the villagrs came pouring out and started cheering Michelle. "Our saviour!" they yelled in chorus, whilst behind us Bwip boy started Bwipping like crazy. We looked to him and smiled slightly "Yeah, I think we've found her... You can stop that now" said Julie, looking at the guy so he knew just how annoying he was being "Bwip-bwip-bw-... Okay ma'am" he said, and sulked off back to the machine.
Michelle beamed at her sister "What brings you out here? Julie looked to her sister and gave her a hug. She stepped back from the embrace and dusted herself down "well" she started "The machine's complete!" Michelle looked stunned. Never in her life did she imagine her sister would actually complete the seemingly peposterously named machine that goes under water and is incomprehensibly too small. "Sis, I'm amazed. I... just wow." Julie smiled proudly.
"Of course, we need to go and catch villains of all types and so I suggest we head further inland and strike fear into the hearts of evil" Julie delivered this as though standing on a pedestal with her national flag waving behind her. We all looked to her as if this was indeed the case, and felt a huge swelling of pride for our friend, and if we were nationalists, would probably have embarked on a yell declaring that it was all for out nation, but as it stood we knew it was solely for our loved ones.
And so onward we trekked, down into the valleys, and up through the mountains until we finally met some evil. They took one look at the six foot machine held above the heads of some burly sea-faring folk and took to the hills. We knew the machine was good, but to illicit such reactions... Julie had truly outdone herself. We gave chase and caught them quickly, dispatching of them and making sure they knew we weren't to be messed with: We were the real deal.
Soon we came across more villains, and they were trickier to deal with. They headed into a shopping centre, which led to us needing the Bwip boy again. The chase continues...

Yeah, I know it's a little weird.
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:06 pm

If I had a word to describe how I feel, I imagine it'd sound like o.o
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 2:18 pm

cool, i've never been a character in somebody's story before. How awesome was my submarine too? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Lyranne

Lyranne

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 3:23 pm

As I said in lfrp, it was all from a dream. If they really do have hidden meanings, you're welcome to sift through and find them xD
Back to top Go down
Legothom

Legothom

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:36 pm

What I don't even
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 7:47 pm

Legothom wrote:
What I don't even

Hmm?
Back to top Go down
Legothom

Legothom

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 9:56 pm

Lyranne wrote:
Legothom wrote:
What I don't even

Hmm?

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=what%20is%20this%20i%20dont%20even
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:03 pm

I'm not ashamed of not knowing an online meme, or of my ability to confuse Razz
Back to top Go down
Legothom

Legothom

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:17 pm

To be honest I wasn't 100% sure what it meant myself, that's why I originally went to urban dictionary. But er, interesting story anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Strange imaginings.   Strange imaginings. Empty

Back to top Go down

Strange imaginings.
Page 1 of 1