We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

We have a new TDL..

Go down 
+8
Opathu
torgadon
Siheld
Crowley
Shadowtroll
Legothom
Vypra
Adalan
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

We have a new TDL.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: We have a new TDL..   We have a new TDL.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 4:42 pm

Opathu wrote:
I wonder if when we (collectively) say "we love you", Julie sees a bunch of salivating nutters staring down the computer screen with unblinking red-rimmed eyes, trying to join her FB group, friends' list and find out her home address? Twisted Evil *

((* except Sarah ofc ^^))

Probably, but she's too awesome to be scared by you lot Razz
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: We have a new TDL..   We have a new TDL.. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 18, 2010 10:22 pm

Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: We have a new TDL..   We have a new TDL.. - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 19, 2010 11:04 am

I personally find the comparison to TDL absurd, Yinroh is a misguided power RPer, with nothing like the epic trolling skills TDL possessed.

Really, by still talking about TDL you give them what they wanted all along which was attention, and continue to give them attention. Fail.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: We have a new TDL..   We have a new TDL.. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 20, 2010 1:38 pm

Alas, the main reason people compare Yinroh and his exploits to the TDL is in fact because he was a member. When Misca quietened down, Yinroh remained, disrupting RP with his in ways that left people thinking "Um, what?". His continuous assertions that he is the sole witness to good RP with his uncompromising attitude make the comparisons all too accurate. I wish it were not the case, as to be truthful, I don't know that anyone can quite figure out what his issue is, but so long as he continues to interfere, he will forever be associated with TDL.

Though I do agree it would serve us better to place such unpleasetess firmly in the past, it's not necessarily as easy for others, and I do sympathise with those who were targeted by their malicious actions. I'd also suggest that it's specifically because it's online anonymous abuse that gets to people. Most of us are likely to experience it in real life, but at least there we can do something if we so desire. Online, there's not justice. They win because they keep people angry, and we are left somewhat helpless in their wake.
My point being that in some ways, online abuse is worse than real life (though none of course is tolerable).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We have a new TDL..   We have a new TDL.. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

We have a new TDL..
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: