We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

life outside WoW?

Go down 
+8
Alaster Grymm
Kadris
Morgalyen
Opathu
torgadon
Shadowtroll
Siheld
Vypra
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 4:47 pm

"Blasphemy!" i hear some cry... but it does exist and its not just where we trudge to work/ school or grab a few hours sleep and a little food between running around in Azeroth.

So, what do you do?

Currently, I'm catching up on all the books that I've not had time to read while i was playing.

Fristly, i'm reading H.P. Lovecraft's Necronomicon one story a night to make it last as long as possible Very Happy

I've also just read the Wizard's First Rule and the Stone of Tears by Terry Goodkind.

I only happened across them because i'd started watching The Legend of the Seeker on the Sci-fi channel (mmm, Craig Horner and Bridget Regan make it very good to watch Wink ).

And last but not least, me and Vex have been trying out Fallen Earth which, for us, has the great bonus of being -very- different from WoW Smile

So...what do you lot get up to when not in WoW? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:02 pm

Weird, I never saw a topic like this in the random carp forum ;p
I play volleybal 4 times a week and I'm pretty busy doing that.
I'm internetting a lot; MSN, Hyves(dutch myspace spinoff) and wowwiki (OMG WOWLORENERD!)
Friday and saterday I looove to go out and just dance my head off..

So, volleybal, school, internet, parteeey!
Books are nice when I'm in bed.. Mostly detectives and fantasy..

Can I please add my life-quote:

"Let us dance in the grainfields, wearing wild flowers and magical dust in our hair"
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:08 pm

2 hours WoW a day around 19:00 - 21:00

Table Tenis (had a tournament today)

Reading, pretty much everything what gets into my hands.

School, work on exams.

Saturday and Sunday group exam preparation.

I hate my current shedulce.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:24 pm

Siheld wrote:

Friday and saterday I looove to go out and just dance my head off..

hehe, me and Vex used to do that...oh, to be young again Laughing

and poor S-troll, exam prep on a weekend *pats* Sad
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 5:25 pm

Examns suck, mine start in a few weeks, good luck S-troll!
Vypra, young is something that you feel inside you..
Go out and dance till the stars drop from the sky!
Back to top Go down

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:32 pm

Vex, you clearly need to have some input on Vyp's reading list. Can I suggest:

life outside WoW? 41WJGE4ra5L._SS500_

Razz
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:42 pm

*bitch-slaps Gurf with a frozen leg of lamb* "eat this!"

Wink
Back to top Go down

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:49 pm

Vypra wrote:
*bitch-slaps Gurf with a frozen leg of lamb* "eat this!"

Wink

Hehe, I just figured that you could do with a useful hobby to fill up all that free time you now have Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyThu Oct 08, 2009 9:51 pm

i already have plenty to do. WoW was what was stopping me from doing them Razz
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:48 am

Vypra wrote:
"Blasphemy!" i hear some cry... but it does exist and its not just where we trudge to work/ school or grab a few hours sleep and a little food between running around in Azeroth.

Clearly she must have gone insane with the lack of wow, this 'life' outsied wow you speak off has never been dwelled apon, tis merely a myth! This 'life' is , in my theory, the afterlife, those who leave never return..
Back to top Go down

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 9:58 am

torgadon wrote:
Vypra wrote:

Clearly she must have gone insane with the lack of wow, this 'life' outsied wow you speak off has never been dwelled apon, tis merely a myth! This 'life' is , in my theory, the afterlife, those who leave never return..

That's not true. Resurrection from the life is a clearly established fact in WoW!
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:00 am

Gurfang wrote:

That's not true. Resurrection from the life is a clearly established fact in WoW!

hm...yes, i see your point, though they never return the same..hm..must be the ress sickness
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:08 am

Lord knows ...

I proscrastinate about books. I think about documentaries I'm going to make. I research stories. I swim. Search for a good (Chinese) tai chi club. Meet nefarious gentlemen. Give my liver a rest from Martinis. Plan on getting onto a ship in the Gulf of Aden. Sell or resell stories. Do things with my son and partner. Go to family events. Reflect on a life well lived.

The thing I miss, occasionally, is people: I spend a lot of time on my own, working and thinking. That's why I enjoyed WoW: a game I could play on a Mac (yes, us creatives eh?) and where I could, through the miasma of spit, emo rages and teen angst, could occasionally meet other interesting people Wink Like the good Vex and Vypra here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:28 am

I have no life outside Hello Kitty WoW.
Back to top Go down

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:34 am

Morgalyen wrote:

I bet you still hang around Goldshire telling vampire stories and claiming to be possessed Razz
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:36 am

Gurfang wrote:
Morgalyen wrote:

I bet you still hang around Goldshire telling vampire stories and claiming to be possessed Razz

There is no Goldshire in Hello Kitty Of course not.... I don't do think like that.
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:49 am

Heh, I've read the whole set of 11 books from Terry Goodkind's 'Sword of Truth' series. Bloody good books, one or two slightly disappointing... and he was in an awful rush to finish the story in the last book... Finding it difficult to get into the tv series. Sitting back and watching it as opposed to being IN it is too weird... And I can't stand the actor they got to play Zedd. That bloke looks like Lurch... Richard should be big, broad and sandy haired. Not scrawny and dark haired. : /

I'm (trying) to write a sci-fi novel, but after 119 pages (and still loads of story to write down) finding inspiration is somewhat lacking atm. Besides that I just watch tv. Razz

In the summer I head out storm chasing with a mate if anything with any potential kicks off.
Back to top Go down
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 2:58 pm

Life outside of WoW? Hmm, work and avoiding doing anything in work go hand in hand.

Trying to get my first novel published and currently half way through writing the sequel. Might I recommend the Writer's and Artist's year book for struggling Authors who want to get their name in print? Getting back into training for my martial art (taken a year's sabbatical before starting the long road to Second Dan), LARPing, Reinacting (2nd Battalion 95th Rifles) and preparing for a wedding in less than a year's time.

Tis all go!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:10 pm

My agent represents several leading sci-fi and fantasy, as well as horror, authors. But he'll only take stuff which is commercially viable ... as I know to my cost! I have to write, and rewrite, my work and pitches before it gets accepted by him. And that's before it goes to a publisher. As he says: "Don't give up the day job is what I tell all my writers - even when you get published."

That said, writing without commercial pressure - or needing to live off writing - is a dream you should hang on to. Full-time writing can be a nightmare Wink

Funny you mentioning martial arts, I've been looking around for a good tai chi school and just found a Chen style practitioner near me, which I've never done (this is tai chi with weapons and martial applications, as well as all the soppy shit for old timers ^^). Congrats on the impending nuptials.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:25 pm

I have a long list of Literary Agents and running through from top to bottom, I give each one four to five weeks to respond before applying to the next and generally have two applications out at any one time. Paitence is a virtue as is buying your paper from a wholesale retailer and having a printer cartridge refill shop down the road from your house!

Out of interest Nick, who are you with?
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:19 pm

I've been masturbating a lot lately. farao
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:23 pm

Marriage? Is that allowed? If so, will the Ashies be providing an honour guard?

I s'pose I should add some info in here as well, so here goes:
Youth work, youth work, youth work, occasionally going running, reading (sci-fi, fantasy and theology), listening to music, watching any political satire that's on and youth work.
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 9:24 am

Outside of WoW, I'm forced to play the waiting game. My next appointment with the Gender Identity Clinic's not until December 16th, I don't have a date for seeing a psychiatrist, and I'm still waiting for Prozac to take an effect (on 60mg's right now >.>).

Excluding that, there's buying things for my family and especially my nephew. Also listening to music almost every hour of the day, and generally doing mundane/normal things like shopping/visiting my gran.

Newt year will be fairly hectic as I'm aiming to scrape enough money together to visit a few European Countries, constant trips to London, hormone treatment, and general faffery.

It's been suggested by some that I write a book about being transgender, and I have had some others suggest writing fantasy/horror/etc. Mostly because of the misplaced notion that I'm eloquent, or even have anything interesting to say, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 7:18 pm

Manovan Marrowsteel wrote:

life outside WoW? Ceilingcatnsfw2
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 8:02 pm

Snicka wrote:
Manovan Marrowsteel wrote:

life outside WoW? Ceilingcatnsfw2

*dies laughing*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

life outside WoW? Empty
PostSubject: Re: life outside WoW?   life outside WoW? Empty

Back to top Go down

life outside WoW?