We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

icecrown 5man

Go down 
+4
Aceth
Chassandra
Snicka
torgadon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 1:52 pm

So has anyone heard about the new 5man icecrown coming out?
if not, heres a linky
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/underdev/3p3/icecrown.xml

Woah sounds good, i reckon jaina and sylvannas die, though it better not demand me to have done any argetn tourny shit quests >.<
I just hope average geared epic/blue mix can do it, not hardcore need to be smart xD
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 2:55 pm

Jaina and Sylvanas die? What?
Well... if Jaina dies, and Theramore gets a new ruler, which is more hostile against the Horde than her, the reinforcement of Tauren lands in Cataclysm make sense.
On the other hand, if Sylvanas dies, who will take the responsibility to rule the Forsaken?
Anyway, it's just speculation. Maybe they'll just be questgivers, and will not take part in the Icecrown assault personally.
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:22 pm

Erm, I wouldn't count on either of them actually dying.
I've seen Jaina die countless of times during wipes at Hyjal, it's just... game mecanics.
They'll probably fight alongside as NPCs and you fail if they die.
Slaughtering some of the most important characters in the game in a 5-man would be... erm, wait, MgT anyone?
Back to top Go down
Aceth

Aceth

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-12-30

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:26 pm

What will happen to all the scourge guilds, die or somthing?
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:45 pm

If jaina dies, or sylvanas dies, I'm never comming back to wow
those 2 are both one of my favourites!
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:47 pm

Siheld wrote:
If jaina dies, or sylvanas dies, I'm never comming back to wow
those 2 are both one of my favourites!

Hehe, I think every straight male player likes these two characters a lot!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:50 pm

-.-
I mean lore-wise Razz
Sylvanas' sad past and Jaina's harsh relationship with the Horde and Allaince makes them perfect emo chars Razz
And no.. I'm not emo

my other favourite one is Azshara Razz
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 3:51 pm

Siheld wrote:
my other favourite one is Azshara Razz

Who is yet another sexy female... *tease*
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyThu Oct 01, 2009 5:11 pm

I got such a big theory on the whole Icecrown Citedal opening and itself, but I got no idea what to say with this 5man. I guess it'll be like Battle for Undercity. Sylvanas wants to kill Lich King and Jaina wants to somehow redeem him (even if it doesn't work). So it'll be a clash with Sylvanas, Jaina, the players (On either side, opposite will have NPC soldiers) and Lich King. Either they start a bitch fight letting Lich King go, they join together or something else happens. I bet they join together, fight for abit, then Lich King goes around "Enough of this silly game! It is time to finish this" and he almost kills Jaina, Sylvanas and the rest. Then suddenly Tirion pops up and gets a mortal blow on Lich KIng which will be a focus later on the raid. Then I bet this is the best time for Lich King to kill Tirion, Darion turns up too late and Lich King flees. In the end theres some drama between Tirion and Darion and this is where one of my theories hits in that Tirion somehow redeems Darion through the Ashbringer and lets him wield the heirloom.

This is all just something I guess and I am 100% nothing is right. But I still believe - and hope - the last part happens.
Back to top Go down
Chassandra

Number of posts : 199
Registration date : 2008-12-18

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:28 am

Tyragon Shademourn wrote:
I got such a big theory on the whole Icecrown Citedal opening and itself, but I got no idea what to say with this 5man. I guess it'll be like Battle for Undercity. Sylvanas wants to kill Lich King and Jaina wants to somehow redeem him (even if it doesn't work). So it'll be a clash with Sylvanas, Jaina, the players (On either side, opposite will have NPC soldiers) and Lich King. Either they start a bitch fight letting Lich King go, they join together or something else happens. I bet they join together, fight for abit, then Lich King goes around "Enough of this silly game! It is time to finish this" and he almost kills Jaina, Sylvanas and the rest. Then suddenly Tirion pops up and gets a mortal blow on Lich KIng which will be a focus later on the raid. Then I bet this is the best time for Lich King to kill Tirion, Darion turns up too late and Lich King flees. In the end theres some drama between Tirion and Darion and this is where one of my theories hits in that Tirion somehow redeems Darion through the Ashbringer and lets him wield the heirloom.

This is all just something I guess and I am 100% nothing is right. But I still believe - and hope - the last part happens.

Well, a redeemed Darion is the Ashbringer, so I echo you there.
As for Jaina and Sylvanas, it seemed to me as if you'd have either one of them with you, not that both would show up.
Arthas as the last boss... that sounds more like a repetition of the impaling-his-heart quest. You're not going to kill him, just weaken him a little bit futher.
Back to top Go down

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 8:40 am

From what the link says, it sounds like Sylvanas AND Jaina together. The encounter will probably start with the 2 bickering before they get interrupted by a "How touching" comment from Arthas.
And if it is the 2 together then that opens up the possibility for Jaina dying. If it were Jaina for the Alliance and Sylvanas fot the Horde then they'd either both have to die or both survive, imo.

The sad thing about it is that it sounds like they are building to the end of Arthas, which makes all their talk about him being the most powerful being on Azeroth sound very hollow now.
Back to top Go down

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:55 pm

Sylvanas is a confirmed Cataclysm lore character, so she's not going anywhere.

As for Jaina she's always been somewhat in the shade after WC3, so if she dies it would be a huge loss lore-wise.

And if Arthas doesn't die and the Scourge resists, when will this end?
Deathwing is coming... how will Azeroth handle this dual calamity?
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptyFri Oct 02, 2009 1:57 pm

Gurfang wrote:
The sad thing about it is that it sounds like they are building to the end of Arthas, which makes all their talk about him being the most powerful being on Azeroth sound very hollow now.

He is only a pawn of Hogger.
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 12:16 am

Actually I've heard more of Blizz saying Lich King aint the strongest and their view is that theres still a good number of villians left to encounter and more to come. Even though it might be his actual end I am sure Blizz got a good tackle for it.

Besides he might of been powerful at first, but not only has he been possibly near death by the death-plague the Forsaken created and then his heart destroyed by the Ashbringer which brought him down to 20% HP at just that tick. Both these things have obviously taken their part in weakening him.
Back to top Go down

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 9:11 am

I've had a look around wowwiki and can't find a thing about Arthas' heart being destroyed, only that he removed it while Icecrown Citadel was being rebuilt (to remove anything that made him human).
Also, whilst it does say that the Forsaken plague weakened him, it doesn't appear to have been something that lasted.
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 1:10 pm

I am merely speculating with the plague thing. But Arthas' heart did get destroyed through a quest in Icecrown.

""Spoiler Warning""

Search for "Tirion's Gambit" and you'll see. It's a long questline that starts with Thassarian sending you to a location under the Icecrown Citedal, the quest explains alot about Arthas himself. If you haven't done it and I speaks for everyone -- DO IT. It's a fun questline and good story.

When you turn in the quest Tirion also says: "I do not view what we just went through as a failure, <name>... quite the opposite. By allowing me to peer into his heart, you allowed me to confirm what I needed to know. There is no Arthas Menethil anymore -- there is only the Lich King."

Then again it's more of a quest confirming Arthas is beyond redemption rather than a weakening point.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Arthas removing his heart to become an almighty being... it reminds me of Davy Jones, from PotC 2-3.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:49 pm

Is'nt the removal of one's heart a fairly classic way to gain immortality/power/invulnerability? Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Snicka

Snicka

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man EmptySat Oct 03, 2009 7:53 pm

Maybe it is, but Davy Jones was the one I've heard of most recently, so that's what came immediately into my mind. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

icecrown 5man Empty
PostSubject: Re: icecrown 5man   icecrown 5man Empty

Back to top Go down

icecrown 5man
Page 1 of 1