We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New WG plans, currently in the PTR

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

New WG plans, currently in the PTR Empty
PostSubject: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyWed Jul 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Blizzard wrote:
# Wintergrasp

* Against the Odds: This achievement has been removed and converted to a Feat of Strength.
* Industrial Warfare: This achievement has been removed.
* To provide players with a more transparent notification of when Wintergrasp battles occur, as well as better control zone population and stability, several changes have been made.
o Players now have the option to queue for Wintergrasp from a Wintergrasp Battlemaster in any capital city or by simply entering the Wintergrasp zone.
o Queuing will begin 15 minutes before each battle. If chosen, you will automatically be teleported to the zone. Any players in the zone who have not been chosen from the queue will be teleported out when the battle begins.
o The queue system remains active for the entire battle. As soon as a player leaves, a new one will be chosen from the queue.
o Trying to enter Wintergrasp during an active battle for which you have not been chosen will teleport you out. Please note that, as you are now able to fly over Wintergrasp, you will only be teleported out if you try to land and join the battle.
o Level 80 players get higher priority in the queue than lower level players. In addition, a random selection of queued players will be taken from both the Battlemasters and the zone itself.
o The queue will accept up to 120 players from each faction, resulting in a maximum battle of 240 players at a time.
* Wintergrasp factories can no longer be damaged or destroyed.

Not sure about the whole thing of allowing people to fly across WG but transporting them if they land. I'd be tempted to go and watch the fight, but surely that means that I could get hit down by someone who didn't want to be watched. Not sure I like the idea of being teleported for that.

Mind you, that will enable non-combat spies to say what's going on, if people want to get that technical about the fight.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 9:58 am

its the bloody queuing thing that annoys me Razz

I only get chance to join for a few WG battles due to rp-ing so the chance is now that i might not even get in should i try to join at peak times (ie, the times where we're more likely to get a fair fight Razz ).

And yeah, it wouldn't suprprise me if the Allies are the 1st to exploit the fact they can fly over the zone and report what's going on to those in the battle Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:00 am

Vypra wrote:
its the bloody queuing thing that annoys me Razz

I only get chance to join for a few WG battles due to rp-ing so the chance is now that i might not even get in should i try to join at peak times (ie, the times where we're more likely to get a fair fight Razz ).

And yeah, it wouldn't suprprise me if the Allies are the 1st to exploit the fact they can fly over the zone and report what's going on to those in the battle Razz

But the queueing should be easier now that you can go to any capital and join the queue.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 10:11 am

but you don't queue at all atm...

do you mean it will be easier to actually get into WG and get a group now?
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:19 pm

i thought their new battleground was island of conquest.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:35 pm

it is, but we're talking about the changes being made to Wintergrasp
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:40 pm

this is now just a big battleground with all the queing and stuff i meant. Razz
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 1:44 pm

Even though it was retarded that you couldn't fly there from a realism (lol) perspective, still think its a shame if there gonna let people zoom around the zone on flyers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Vexacus wrote:
Even though it was retarded that you couldn't fly there from a realism (lol) perspective, still think its a shame if there gonna let people zoom around the zone on flyers.

You won't be able to. You will be able to fly overhead, but if you land then you get ejected from WG.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 2:57 pm

I didn't just mean when the battle is going on, I also thought it was good you couldn't just farm herbs and ore there without needing to ride around.
Good opportunity for some mischief, as people can't escape by just flying away like they can everywhere else. Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR EmptyThu Jul 30, 2009 4:04 pm

Hmm, rereading the notes, it looks like you can fly in and land, just so long as you don't join in the fighting. This suggests farming of herbs might be possible even while others are fighting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New WG plans, currently in the PTR   New WG plans, currently in the PTR Empty

Back to top Go down

New WG plans, currently in the PTR
Page 1 of 1