We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle

Go down 
+2
Shadowtroll
Manovan Marrowsteel
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle Empty
PostSubject: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:56 am

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle Tbcccn8

This is the story of the Bloodmoon clan. I have been roleplaying these blood elves since TBC was launched and I have grown very fond of them. I thought it was time to write their complete lore to share with those interested. Whenever I write a new chapter, I will post it in this thread. Feel free to comment if you decide to read it all.

• Chapter 1: Homecoming
  • Chapter 2: The feast
  • Chapter 3: Eligor Silver
  • Chapter 4: Legacy
  • Chapter 5: The Heart of Azaiel
  • Chapter 6: Under the rainbow
  • Chapter 7: Immortality
  • Chapter 8: Invasion
  • Chapter 9: The fall of a hero
  • Chapter 10: For the Sunwell! I
  • Chapter 11: For the Sunwell! II
  • Chapter 12: For the Sunwell! III
  • Chapter 13: A memory of the past
  • Chapter 14: A blood elf's pride stands high
  • Chapter 15: Along the Dead Scar
  • Chapter 16: Visitors from the far west
  • Chapter 17: The ambush in Pyrewood
  • Chapter 18: Illidan and the vile naga
  • Chapter 19: Children of the blood
  • Chapter 20: Desperation
  • Chapter 21: Saved by the bell
  • Chapter 22: I am death

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:04 am; edited 23 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:56 am

Chapter 1: Homecoming

”Are you serious? Is dad coming home today!” Ewah gesticulated almost violently, very excited that her beloved father would come home from the two year old project he had been working on in Dalaran. She didn’t know exactly what the project was. But some kind of powerful spell was involved. Uhrian shrugged. Ewah knew he was as excited as her, but hid his emotions under a blanket of an indifferent calm. He was the maladjusted. He thought over-exaggerated feelings were signs of weakness; and weaknesses were something a true Kirin Tor wizard could never have. Ewah had since long seen through this act.

”So who do you think he’ll choose, Uhrian?” Ewah asked with a playful smirk. They had waited all their lives for their father to choose his first apprentice. Someone he could share his most powerful magic with. Someone powerful enough to be the Moonflower clan’s legacy. She knew it wouldn't be her, but she loved to tease her brother.

”Isn’t that obvious?”

”Wuah–”

”He’s going to choose me.”

Ewah’s playful smirk changed into a self-confident grin. She put her hands behind her head and leaned back in the sofa. ”So that’s what you think, huh?” She twisted her neck a little to have her ears lie comfortably on the pillow.

”What do you mean ’so that’s what you think’?” Uhrian snorted. He was the best magician in the family after all. No one competed with him. Well, maybe his half-brother Aengel. But he was only half-elf. Even though their father loved him, both Ewah and Uhrian doubted he would be chosen.

"Nah– nothing really. Just that dad said I had much greater potential than you.”

Uhrian tried to hide his silent smirk as he stood up from his chair. ”Did he also tell you that you had the maturity of a teenager?”

”I am a teenager, fool.”

”You’ve been a teenager for ten years. Maybe it’s time for a change.”

Ewah pouted her bottom lip. ”Meh, Saleos has been a kid for a century.”

”Saleos is different from the rest of us. You know that.”

”Why? Because he likes to dress in women’s clothes?”

”Eh– what?” Uhrian said with a gasp.

Ewah sat up in the sofa with her palm before her mouth. ”You didn’t know? Ah, I’m going to get it now.”

Uhrian sighed and gave his sister a friendly smile. ”Don’t worry about it. Listen. You’re still young. Father wants an apprentice he can trust. Just give it a few years and you’ll be there too.”

”I still wouldn’t be so confident if I were you”, Ewah muttered.

The sounds of bells echoed across Silvermoon City. Both Uhrian and Ewah looked at each other with mouths wide open. It was the homecoming! The bells weren’t meant for their father, Azaiel Moonflower, but the beloved prince he was travelling with. In the front marched prince Kael’thas Sunstrider, followed by hundreds of wizards, servants, bodyguards and ambassadors from distant kingdoms and races. Neither Ewah nor her brother could see where in the parade their father was, but they knew he was one of the caped wizards on white hawk striders riding behind the prince. All of the caped wizards were dressed in the same red and yellow silk. They were the best high elf tutors in the Kirin Tor. Many of them were nearly equal to prince Kael'thas Sunstrider who was one of the Council of Six; the most powerful mages in the Kirin Tor. Most of them were old. Very old, even for high elves. The prince was the prodigy, more powerful than all and younger than most. He was a man the whole clan, and especially their father, admired.

”Where is he? Do you see him?” Ewah asked.

Uhrian leaned over the railing from the balcony, trying to see the marching parade between the high towers blocking the vision. ”I know he’s one of those in the front. But I can’t see who. Oh, the one on the silver-feathered strider is master Aerelen. The carrot-beard gives him away. Then father should be right beside him. But–”

”But what?”

”Beside him is a white horse. I thought the tutors would be riding striders.”

”Does he ride a horse? That would be awesome! Father sticking out from the crowd like that.”

”No, it’s not him. It’s definitely a human. And his cape is purple. A strider is riding up behind him though. That must be father. Who is that human anyway? Why is he riding in the front?”

Ewah jumped up on the railing and started digging in her bag for something. Uhrian looked at her with questioning eyes and she gave him a quick smirk back. ”Let’s get closer. I want to see the magic display.”

She took a light feather from the pouch, tossed it in the air and with a sweeping motion with her hand, it disintegrated into sparkling dust. She jumped down the balcony and fell slowly and gracefully to the ground below. As she hit the grass with a faint thump, her brother was already standing in front of her.

”Just because you can do some low ranked arcane trickery with a reagent, does not mean he will pick you as his first apprentice.”

”Hey! When I learn how to blink, I will also show off like that!” She pushed her brother on the shoulder and ran towards the crowd who gasped and applauded to the fire element display of the Kirin Tor students.

As they hurried across the street, Ewah tried to impress her brother with more low ranked magic along the way. She channeled ice to her hand and formed a snowball which she tossed at him. Uhrian melted the snowball with a quick fire spell.

An old white-haired by passer shouted to them as they passed by: ”You two! You can seriously injure someone with that!”

Uhrian blushed a little and Ewah laughed.

”You heard the old man, Uhrian? I can seriously injure someone with my magic. Doesn’t that make me a good enough first apprentice?”

”Enough with the games now, Ewah”, Uhrian said. ”There are people around. Throw another snowball at me and I’ll turn you into a sheep. Seriously.”

She pointed her tongue at him and laughed.

The frost element display started and the crowd shivered as they witnessed beautiful ice dragons flying through the air. The air was as cold as in Northrend but the atmosphere in the city was comforting and warm.

Some time later, the parade was over and students and tutors finally got to see their families. The whole Moonflower clan waited at the castle doors for Azaiel to show up. Ewah and Uhrian were there shortly after the parade ended, mentally exhausted after the impressive magic displays and their efforts to show each other who was the best suited for their father’s legacy. Saleos sat on the road tiles with an extreme hang-over, smiling to something completely distant.

Ewah sat down beside him. ”Seems like someone got lucky last night”, she whispered with a grin.

Saleos leaned his head on her shoulder. ”Last night was like a dream, sis’. I think I´ve met the man of my life.”

She giggled. ”Yes, about that. I accidentally told Uhrian. Well … I indirectly told him. He thinks you’re a transvestite.”

”That’s great, Ewah. Thank you.” He removed his head from her shoulder. ”Just make sure dad doesn’t find out. He would kill me.”

”You can trust me, brother”, she said. ”If you get me two bottles of bourbon.”

”One.”

”Deal.”

A caped man holding the leash of a white hawk strider walked up to them. He removed his hood and showed a big and proud smile. They all cheered and greeted the man they respected with hugs and kisses. The sun was starting to set and everyone wanted to hear the latest news about Azaiel’s research – and especially about who he was going to choose as his first apprentice. He had since long talked about spreading his work to the next generation. All he needed was to choose his successor. He hadn’t told them that he was going to choose one today. It was just something that made sense to them.

The man on the white horse rode up behind him, climbed down his proud steed and gave it a friendly pat on the head. He removed his hood and bowed before Azaiel’s clansmen. It was a black-haired human with brown eyes. He was young and kind of short. Not a very handsome man, but Ewah could definitely see something graceful in him. She thought he was kind of cute.

”Eligor”, Azaiel said. ”This is my family. Family, this is Eligor Silver of Alterac Mountains.”

Uhrian was the first to shake his hand. ”Of Alterac Mountains? So you’re a noble?”

”Still second generation, though. I don’t have a title yet. And you are?”

”Uhrian Moonflower. First born.”

”Oh, nice to meet you”, the young man said and bowed gracefully. He gave Azaiel a blushed gaze, clearly embarrassed by something in his awkward introduction.

Azaiel smiled and Uhrian took notice.

”I assume this boy is a guest of yours, father?” he asked.

Azaiel proudly put his hand on Eligor’s shoulder. ”This is my best student. And from now on: my first apprentice.”

There was a long moment of awkward silence.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Sun Apr 19, 2009 4:02 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:57 am

Chapter 2: The feast

The sun had set and the Moonflower clan had gathered in the mansion’s garden to enjoy the homecoming feast which the servants had prepared for days. The mansion was in the outskirts of the capital and the garden had a long and nice view over the sea. Saleos was already drunk on wine together with his young half-brother Aengel. They sat next to a floating fountain while singing and playing music. Hundreds of people were there. Close relatives. Distant relatives. Some not relatives at all. A long table was prepared with seats for everyone. Azaiel and his wife Leana sat at its shorter edge. Uhrian sat on his right hand side and Ewah sat next to her mother. Next to Uhrian sat Eligor who licked his lips while looking at the sea food, the meat, the sauces, breads and salads spread across the table. Uhrian hadn’t said a word since the parade. He looked down at the table, clearly disappointed that his father would choose a human over him. Ewah could see him grinding his teeth. He felt ashamed and clearly didn’t want to be there.

Everyone’s chatting and laughing were suddenly interrupted by the sound of clinking glass. Azaiel stood up with a glass of wine in his hand.

“Family! Friends!” he said. “Today is a notable day for the Moonflower clan! As you all know, I am a man fascinated and tempted by the arcane. Magic is my life. I have my life thanks to magic. It's my love for magic which brought me and my precious wife together.” He raised his glass and nodded to the smiling Leana. “But we also know that magic can take life. A tool made for construction, can in the wrong hands be used for destruction. That’s one of the virtues I have taught my lovely children as well as my precious students in Dalaran. I have been working on a project for a couple of years now. A project which I hope will bring peace to this world. Unfortunately I have some grim news. After this weekend is over, I must return to Dalaran to complete my project. It’s not a secret that, even though the Kirin Tor have honorable wizards and great magicians, the Kel’Thuzad incident happened and it made me paranoid when it comes to my work. Especially with something as important as this project. I love the Kirin Tor and my fellow wizards. But there are also the contest for success, and an undeniable rivalry between us.”

Faint discussions could be heard among the clan and guests. Ewah looked at her father with round eyes and even Uhrian raised his head.

“I will be moving to Dalaran fulltime”, Azaiel continued. “At least until my project is complete and safely transported to my home in this kingdom.”

Leana put her hand on Azaiel’s back and gave him a supportive smile.

“But I also know that my family is needed here in Quel’Thalas. That’s why I have chosen my best student in Dalaran to continue my research after I´m gone. Eligor Silver is a powerful mage and a good man with good values. From now on, he’ll be a part of the Moonflower clan.”

“I object!” Uhrian said and stood up. His eyes were burning with anger. “When you’re gone? How long do you have left? Centuries? This human has a lifespan of a week! How do you expect him to carry on your work? Quel’Thalas doesn’t need us? You do! Take me with you to Dalaran and make me your legacy!”

Everyone was dead silent. Eligor’s face was red and he looked very intimidated by Uhrian’s outburst. Azaiel gave his son an indifferent look.

“Let’s discuss this later, son.”

Uhrian pushed his chair back and it fell to the ground. “You’re a disgrace to the family, father”, he said and left.

No one said a thing. A moment later, Leana left her chair and went after him. Eligor looked at Azaiel who seemed embarrassed by his son’s outburst. Shortly thereafter, you could hear Saleos start playing his flute again and Aengel go back to his singing. People tried to ignore the event and enjoyed the feast. Ewah left her chair and took Uhrian’s next to Eligor. She leaned over to him.

“You have my blessing at least”, she said. “I´m Ewahline, but everyone calls me Ewah.” She took his hand.

“Honestly, I can’t blame your brother”, Eligor said. “He holds great love for his father. And here I come and ruin his dreams. It makes me feel guilty.”

“Don’t. I trust my father’s judgment. Welcome to the Moonflower clan. So you and I are like brother and sister now?”

Eligor smiled. “Don’t get too attached though. I have the lifespan of a week after all.”

They laughed.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:13 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:57 am

Chapter 3: Eligor Silver

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle Tssssssssssy4

Uhrian stood at the balcony of his bed chamber and watched the little he could see of the Sunwell across the moonlit sea. It was beautiful. Like a star in the horizon. He could hear the music from the garden and Saleos’ singing for the crowd. Hopefully it wasn’t not something too indecent. He was a jester after all.

There were three knocks and a coughing at the door.

“It’s me. Eligor. Can I come in?”

Uhrian sighed. “Help yourself”, he muttered.

The door opened and Eligor walked in, still dressed in his purple Kirin Tor cape with the hood resting on his back. Uhrian gave him a short gaze but waited for him to say something.

“I know we got off on the wrong foot, Uhrian”, Eligor said. “And I don’t blame you for it. I just want you to know that it’s not my intention to come between you and your father.”

Uhrian snorted and rested his arms on the balcony railing. “I have lived for almost two hundred years, Eligor. I`m not a kid. I know a lot about magic. I`m sure you’re a skilled wizard, but my knowledge about the world and about magic far surpasses yours.”

“I don't deny that, Uhrian.” Eligor took a few steps into the room towards the balcony. “It’s just–“

“Those two hundred years I have waited for my father to accept me as his equal. I never thought the reason he waited this long was because he doubted me so much that he made someone of different blood – of a different race – his legacy.”

“Listen, Uhrian”, Eligor said and walked out on the balcony. “I may be his first apprentice but I’m not his legacy. You are.”

Eligor took Uhrian’s arm but he shook it off. He felt tears on his cheeks. All his hope and all his dreams were for what purpose?

“Uhrian, there are things I want you to know. Things your father had me swore never to tell you.”

Uhrian raised his head and looked at Eligor. He looked like a child with his round face and big brown eyes looking up at Uhrian.

“You know that your father’s project is what could have given him a place among the Six, right? His dream has always been to be prince Kael’thas equal in the Kirin Tor. You should know that this won’t happen.”

“What are you saying?”

“You father had a vision after the Kel’Thuzad incident. He thinks it is a precognition that something is about to happen to the Sunwell. I told him that it could have been just a dream, but he’s confident. He chose me, not only for my loyalty to his teachings, but because he needed an assistant in Dalaran urgently and he needs you to look out for the Sunwell during his absence.”

Uhrian looked at Eligor. He didn’t know what to say. He didn’t even know if it was true. It sounded too farfetched.

“What will happen to the Sunwell?”

“I don’t know. I don’t even think Azaiel really knows. His precognition is more of a subconscious feeling. He told me about nightmares. At first, I thought the Kel’Thuzad incident might have been too hard for him. But then he started talking about evil whispers and chilling winds. He has been coughing blood since then.”

“Coughing blood?”

Eligor put his hand on Uhrian’s arm and shook his head. “I know I swore not to tell you this, but your father is dying, Uhrian. He made me his first apprentice to serve the Moonflower clan in his passing. I`m not here to take over for you. I’m here to serve you.”

Uhrian didn’t say anything. He looked out from the balcony towards the sparkling light that was the Sunwell.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Sun Jan 18, 2009 2:06 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 3:58 am

Chapter 4: Legacy

It was shortly after breakfast the following day. Azaiel and Eligor were walking in the garden, cooling down from the heat under a cloud of conjured ice. Trees and flowers were sprouting proudly from the ground with statues and fountains floating between them. For an outsider, this would have been a remarkable sight, but magic were, for the high elves of Quel’Thalas, ordinary means to make life easier.

“I don’t know what you told him, Eligor”, Azaiel said. “But he really came around yesterday. I think you actually made an impression.”

“He’s a good man, master”, Eligor said. “I was afraid he would punch me in the face at first. But actually, I admire him. He seems very compassionate and caring.”

Azaiel chuckled and almost lost focus of his spell, which made some of the ice above him melt into drips of rain and fall on his forehead. He wiped it off with his hand.

“Uhrian is a very powerful mage. I know you will learn a lot from him, Eligor. But he has a temper and he lacks will to subdue it. I have been watching him carefully for nearly two hundred years and I’ve come to realize that Uhrian is an excellent leader. A warlord. But not a Kirin Tor wizard.”

Eligor looked at Azaiel. He had never been this honest about his family before.

“But he has waited so long to be accepted in the Kirin Tor. Couldn’t you have guided him?”

“Uhrian doesn’t need guidance. I know he will become a great successor of the clan. But I believe he is needed here in Silvermoon with a sword and a dagger, not a wand and a tome. And the faster he realizes that, the better.”

Eligor nodded. They walked out on a terrace overlooking the sea and watched the isle of Quel’Danas whose beautiful towers reached up like giant trees in the horizon.

“But I have never had a student like you, Eligor”, Azaiel said. “To willingly choose to give up your own home and family for us. That is admirable.”

“All my father wants from me is to succeed him as a greedy noble who spits on the homeless. I want to be nothing like him. You are more a father to me than he is and I will happily serve your clan in life and in death.”

Azaiel smiled. He held the red pendant around his neck tightly in his hand and watched Quel’Danas in the horizon. “I’m proud of you, son.”

A tall, blonde elf approached the two on the terrace. “Excuse me for interrupting, but prince Sunstrider is departing. I don’t know where or why, but I thought you should know, master Azaiel.”

“Thanks for telling me, Aonas.” Azaiel nodded to Eligor. “Why don’t you and Ewahline take a tour in the city? I’m going to see prince Kael off.”

Eligor nodded. While Azaiel and Aonas left the terrace he stayed and looked out at Quel’Danas. He had only heard tales about the Sunwell, but he could clearly feel the power emanating from it. It had to be protected. Even if he had to give his life for it.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 6:18 am

Chapter 5: The Heart of Azaiel

Shortly after lunch everyone was told to meet in the lounge which was the heart of the mansion. It was a circular room with great statues and paintings along the walls. The entire ceiling above them was an orb of crystal with the illusion of a sky. The sky went from morning to night with storming clouds, beautiful, calm, blue skies or glowing stars. Eligor kept looking up, interested to see what the sky would show next. He hoped to see a blizzard or a thunderstorm.

“The Orb of Heavens reacts to the emotions of those in the room”, Ewah said. “If you are sad, the sky will start to rain. If you’re happy, it will show a clear, blue sky.”

“And because there are many of us here, the sky is constantly changing?”

Ewah smiled. “So which one is yours?”

Eligor looked up. “I don’t know.” The sky went from a setting sun to a blue sky with a big rainbow.

“Oh, the rainbow”, Ewah said and giggled.

“What does it mean?”

“The rainbow is a symbol of affection”, she said with a big smile.

Eligor’s cheeks turned red. “Wha– You’re joking, right?” He bit his lip and looked down on the floor. How embarrassing.

“Maybe. Maybe not”, she said and jumped away with a joy which spread to the orb in the shape of a morning sky.

Uhrian entered the room and the sky changed to a setting sun and a rising moon covered with dark clouds. He gave it a quick gaze and sniffed at it, then moved into the lounge and sat down on a purple couch. He ignored Eligor but his actions showed that at least he tolerated his presence.

“Why are we here?” he asked. “I hate this room.”

“Your father has something important to say”, Leana said. She was sitting in the couch in front of his. Between them was a glass table with white flowers in a crystal vase.

Eligor noticed that only close relatives were in the room. Saleos and Aengel were whispering about something at a wall. Ewah walked restlessly around and watched the orb above while humming on a melody, sometimes giggling at what weather the orb would show. And there he stood alone at the wall, still slightly afraid of interacting freely. He felt maladjusted. When Azaiel wasn’t in the room, he didn’t quite belong.

The door opened up again and Azaiel came in. Eligor noticed the orb change into a storming wind which gave the feeling of urgency.

“So?” Uhrian said. “Why did the prince leave?”

“He’s returning to Dalaran for now”, Azaiel said. He seemed to be looking around the room for someone, but nodded when he saw Eligor. He finally felt invited to the group. “This is a good thing because that means I can stay here the month out. Kael will be looking after my project in Dalaran.”

“That’s wonderful”, Leana said.

“Yes. But I actually wanted to take this moment to really welcome Eligor to the family. I know some of you–“. He gave Uhrian a quick look. “–have questions about why I chose him as my apprentice.” He waved to Eligor to step forward. “Some of you are disappointed. Especially you, Uhrian. And I know you had been looking forward to this too, Aengel.”

Aengel nodded silently. Saleos seemed to drift off into his own imaginations. He didn’t seem to care about this apprenticeship at all. Eligor remembered Ewah telling him that Saleos was a ranger who had trained under Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner, which was a very impressive feat. He seemed to be the only one in the family not that interested in magic. Eligor wondered why.

“I don’t really know how to tell you this”, Azaiel continued. “I fear that there will be war in Quel’Thalas. It’s only a dream I had, but I`m confident this will happen. And I want you to guard our home while I complete and transport my project in Dalaran. This is very urgent.

“War?” Leana asked. “If you say so, I believe you. But why?”

“I´m not sure, Leana”, Azaiel said. “But we have all heard about the plague in Lordaeron. I think Quel’Thalas is next and that not even our magical barriers will be able to hold the undead forces out.”

“Have you told the generals and the prince about this, father?” Uhrian asked.

“Yes”, he said. “And even though they share my concern about the undead plague, they are confident in our defenses.”

“I´m confident in them too”, Uhrian muttered. “No one has managed to attack Silvermoon for how long? Four thousand years? Let them come. And even if they break through, Saleos and I will be there on the front lines.”

“You bet”, Saleos said.

Azaiel smiled. “Thanks, boys. This makes me feel better.” He took his pendant from his neck. The beautiful pendant had a bright red glow and was shaped as a heart with eagle wings. “This is something else I want to tell you about. I call it the Heart of Azaiel.”

Eligor smiled and walked up next to Azaiel who continued. “This pendant is Eligor’s bond to us. This is what makes him a true Moonflower.”

The others looked confused. Eligor gave Azaiel a quick nod and said: “Let me continue.” He turned to the others. “As you know I am a student in the Kirin Tor. I used to study under Kel’Thuzad but after the incident, all his students and apprentices were relocated. Some of them departed with him, but I disagreed with his teachings. When master Azaiel started teaching me I finally felt at home. He taught me not only magic but important morale values. This is a great wizard and he has been like a father to me in Dalaran. To pay my respect to him I decided to not only follow his teachings, but to serve under him. He took me in and taught me things about magic and life which I had never dreamed about. It was my decision that we would craft this pendant as a token of loyalty to your clan.”

“Why would you do that?” Ewah asked.

“Master Azaiel saved my life back in Dalaran. Kel’Thuzad wanted me in some dark cult he had founded and when I refused, Azaiel stood by my side to protect me. He saved my life and now I owe it to him.”

“What is that pendant exactly?” Uhrian asked. He had his arms crossed, seemingly irritated over something. Over the situation. Over Eligor?

“This pendant binds my soul to your clan. Both in life and in death. Even though my life is short compared to yours, my soul will forever be bound to that pendant and to your clan’s will.”

“Isn’t that a little extreme?” Leana asked. “And you agreed to this, Azaiel?”

“It was Eligor’s decision”, Azaiel said. “At first, I thought it was extreme as well, but Eligor is the perfect host for my magic and knowledge. When I die, this pendant will give Eligor all my current knowledge, and through this pendant, both Eligor and my knowledge will be yours. The legacy will be in the pendant. And I want my children to wield it.”

“This is insane”, Uhrian muttered. “Why would you want something like this, Eligor? You are willingly becoming a slave.”

Eligor smiled. “I want to make sure master Azaiel’s legacy will be passed down forever. If he can do that by storing it in me, then I will more than gladly accept. I believe your father has the potential to save the world. If not in his lifetime, then maybe in yours, or your children’s.”

Leana shook her head. “Azaiel, honey, I can’t accept this. He’s still so young.”

“It’s already done”, Azaiel said. “His blood and ours are fused in this bloodstone. I know this is sudden to you, but you must listen to Eligor’s story before you judge him. This boy does what he believes in. He has a courage I have never seen in anyone else.”

“Don’t worry”, Eligor said with a smile. “The pendant is crafted so that my willpower can break the spell. See me not as a slave but as a servant.”

“I think it’s admirable”, Ewah said with a smile. Eligor blushed as he looked at her, then suddenly damned himself as he noticed the orb above took the shape of a rainbow. She giggled.

"Admirable indeed”, Uhrian said. “But a wise decision, I think not.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 8:39 am

/bow

I dare to say one of the best storys I read so far, you got me into following this from now on.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyWed Jan 14, 2009 10:32 am

Chapter 6: Under the rainbow

As days passed by, Eligor was more and more accepted by the clan. Before he knew it, everyone was greeting him, talking to him and getting to know him. Silvermoon felt more and more like a home. He felt appreciated. He felt loved. He enjoyed sitting in the lounge watching the Orb of Heavens and was even today walking over there to spend some time in solitude. But when he entered the room, he found Ewah standing there in the middle of the it.

“Ewah?”

“Hello, Eligor”, she said with a smile.

The orb took the form of a blue sky with a big and colorful rainbow. Eligor blushed and she giggled.

“Is it yours or mine?” she asked.

“Wha–?”

She walked up to him and their eyes met. She gave him a beautiful smile and touched his black hair with her fingers. He felt his hands become sweaty. His face turned red. He gulped. Her hand pulled his hair back and stroke the back of his head.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?” he asked.

She looked up. The rainbow was brighter than ever. “The heavens don’t lie”, she said and kissed him. He shivered a little, nervous and excited, when he felt her soft kiss. She was so beautiful. She was a high elf. He was a human. It was all so surreal. The kisses became more intense as they moved to the couch. Her hands were wrapped around him. His shirt came off. The rainbow shined brightly over a red dusk.

“My, oh my”, someone said.

Eligor felt a sharp blade of embarrassment stab him in the stomach and he suddenly stopped. He turned around and noticed Saleos watching them from the doorway with the biggest grin Eligor had ever seen.

“So this is what you meant by serving the clan, Eligor?” Saleos said.

“Get out of here, Saleos!” Ewah roared.

Eligor didn’t say a word. He was paralyzed. His shirt was on the floor and his pants halfway down. Why? Why had he fallen so easily for his lusts? How could he have failed his master this badly? Why was he such a lousy apprentice?

“No, it’s not what it–“ he stuttered.

“Reaaaally?” Saleos nodded towards Eligor’s pants. “Then what about that?”

Eligor looked down. Damn it. He quickly pulled his pants up and tightened them.

“I hate you, Saleos”, Ewah said. “Can’t you just leave?”

“Oh, I’m not sure if Uhrian would like this”, Saleos said, still grinning. “And what will father say?”

“You wouldn’t dare!” Ewah roared.

Before they knew it, Aengel entered the lounge. He suddenly stopped as he noticed the awkward situation and Eligor without his shirt. “What’s … going on?” he asked.

“Love”, Saleos said and put his hand around his brother's neck. “Love is what’s going on.”

Eligor awkwardly took his shirt from the floor and put it on. Aengel gave him a disturbing look. This was obviously not what he had expected to see.

“Please, don’t tell father”, Ewah begged. "A secret for a secret, right, Saleos?”

Aengel looked at his brother who glared at Ewah with intimidated eyes. Eligor tried to blend into the furniture. He wanted to disappear more than anything right now. A few days in the family and this had already happened.

Saleos seemed to want to say something but he hesitated. Instead he turned to Eligor. “Well, welcome to the family then, Eligor. For real this time.” He turned to leave the lounge and dragged Aengel with him in his collar.

Eligor fell down on the couch and Ewah sat down next to him. They didn’t say a word. The orb above them changed into a gray, foggy sky.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyThu Jan 15, 2009 4:27 am

Chapter 7: Immortality

The rest of the month Eligor felt awkward in Saleos’ and Aengel’s presence, but the rest of the clan was either unaware of what was going on or they accepted him all the same. He felt a little bad for going behind the back of his master, but every time Ewah gave him that beautiful smile as they passed each other by, he knew that he would end up seduced by affection in the end. He wanted to be. Over the cause of weeks, the romance had gone from attraction to true love. He was sure of it.

“How about we sneak out to the stables at midnight?” she whispered to him during lunch.

He smiled and nodded. He loved her. This romance was a risk he was willing to take.

As hours passed by and Eligor was to meet up with Azaiel for a lecture, he thought to himself that at least he could ask his master if he was allowed to be together with his daughter. The question was how he was going to do it. He thought about it all day and was very distant during the lecture.

“Is something on your mind, son?” Azaiel asked as he tried to explain the difference between dimensional gateways and portals.

It was now or never. “Well”, he said. “Um …”

“Is it too complicated? Do you want me to slow down?”

He shook his head. “No, not at all. I understand the theory, it’s just that …”

“I know that look”, Azaiel said. “So you thought it was finally time to tell me about yours and Ewahline’s nightly escapades?”

Eligor’s eyes went wide open and his mouth formed a silent o. He was caught! “You know about that?” he stuttered.

He looked up at Azaiel’s serious expression. He didn’t say a word. He waited for an explanation. Eligor trembled with shame, lowered his head and mumbled: “I´m sorry.”

“Are you now?”

Was he? He loved Ewah. Eligor looked up again and Azaiel glared at him with a seriousness he had never seen before. He felt doomed. So much for the apprenticeship. So much for this life. Now it was time to spring the trap on him.

“I’m sorry I didn’t ask for your permission before I let it escalate.”

Azaiel took a deep breath. “This is something I expect from Ewahline, but I thought you had more self-control, Eligor.” He sighed. “Listen, son. You’re a great man and under normal circumstances I would happily give you my daughter’s hand. But you should know that this isn’t a normal circumstance.”

He nodded. “I know.”

“And even if it was what about in fifty years time? When you’re a seventy year old man and she doesn’t seem to have aged a day? How would that work out for you?”

Eligor sighed and looked down on the floor to cover his blushing cheeks. He came to realize something and suddenly looked up. “And what if I could stay young forever?”

“Don’t be ridiculous. Magic like that is very dangerous. If I see you tap into those arts, I will send you back to Alterac Mountains immediately.”

He couldn’t go back there. He wouldn’t let that happen. “No, please”, he said and fell to his knees. “Don’t send me back there. Please, master. I’ll break it off, I promise.” His face was covered in tears and his eyes were itching.

As Azaiel stood by his crying young apprentice, he looked down on him with eyes of regret. “Stand up, Eligor”, he said. “I won’t send you back. I’m not that cruel. But we are leaving for Dalaran tonight.”

Eligor wiped his tears and fumblingly stood up. “Thank you, master. I promise I’ll be a better apprentice from now on.”

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyFri Jan 16, 2009 3:12 am

Chapter 8: Invasion

Eligor spent the rest of the day hiding from Ewah. He didn’t know how to tell her he was leaving. Facing her now was a nightmare worse than returning to the insanity that was Alterac Mountains. Dusk had come and he knew he would be leaving for Dalaran shortly and was therefore out in the stables brushing the fur of his white steed. He didn’t notice Ewah sneaking up on him.

“So this is it?” she asked.

He suddenly turned around in surprise and noticed Ewah’s sad expression. He couldn’t see her like this. Why had he let all this happen? He turned back to the horse to hide his wet eyes.

“I guess so.”

“But you will be back soon, right? You promised to serve the clan. Forever, right?”

He sighed. “I will be back when the project’s complete.” He knew it wouldn’t be completed. Azaiel would possibly die from his disease at their time in Dalaran and he would return here alone with the sad news.

She walked up to him and put her hand on his shoulder. He took a deep breath and felt her other hand on his other shoulder. He stopped from brushing the horse and just stood still with his gaze far in the distant. He felt her head rest against his back and her arms come around to embrace his chest. He didn’t move and he knew she wouldn’t let go.

“I`m sorry for this”, he said. “As much as I want this … things are just too complicated.”

“I don’t care”, she mumbled.

“And what about in fifty years time? When I’m a decrepit old man and you’re still this beautiful, young woman?”

Her embrace tightened and he twitched as she dug her fingers into his arms. He ignored the pain because he knew her’s was worse. “I wish I could grow old with you”, she said with a whispering mumble. He sighed and knew he loved her even more after hearing those words. They stood like that for a moment while the sun set and the moon rose to reflect its light in the water of the floating fountains outside of the stables.

They could hear Azaiel and his servants come walking to the stables. Their steps sounded rushed. However, it made sense that Azaiel would want to leave as quickly as possible after this betrayal of Eligor’s. He suddenly turned to Ewah. “Don’t worry”, he said. “We’ll convince master Azaiel one day to let us be together. Just be patient.”

She bit her bottom lip and nodded with eyes watered with sadness. They heard Azaiel close in and they let go of each other. She took a step back and leaned to a beam while he turned to his horse and kept brushing. As Azaiel entered the stables, he gave Ewah a quick glare and she looked down on the ground to cover her face.

“I’m just preparing Frostbolt for the journey”, Eligor said.

Azaiel nodded. “There won’t be a journey”, he muttered.

Both Ewah and Eligor looked at him with round eyes and confused looks.

“We got words that the kingdom is invaded by undead forces. The fallen prince has already broken through the first gate.”

“What?” Eligor said. He remembered Azaiel’s precognition. So it was to come true this early? “They must be very powerful if they got through the first gate.”

Azaiel snorted. “Unless they got help”, he muttered. “Get inside. I want a meeting with everyone:”

Eligor and Ewah hurried to the mansion. They noticed servants, guards and clansmen rushing to the lounge. As they entered the room, they came to a crowd of hundreds of high elves mumbling nervously with each other. The Orb of Heavens had the shape of thundering clouds, storming winds, showers of rain and bright flashes of lightning. Uhrian stood in a corner with his arms crossed, biting his bottom lip. He had a distant glare, like if he was preparing himself to face the undead forces in his mind. Saleos was next to him, dressed in green and fully equipped with sword, bow and arrows. He had painted two black lines below his eyes. He was ready for war and he seemed to have a hard time standing still. Aengel looked nervous, balancing his weight from one foot to another. He looked so young and afraid. It made Eligor realize that even a good magician can’t go to battle inexperienced and unprepared. Was he himself going to handle it? He didn’t know.

No. He did know. He could handle this. He had seen enough bloodshed in his life already. He tightened his fists. He was ready.

Azaiel came shortly thereafter, gesturing to the people to settle down and be quiet.

“We just got words that there is activity in the southern most gate. The fallen prince Arthas Menethil and his cursed minions have broken through. Ranger-General Sylvanas Windrunner is at the front holding them off.” He nodded to Saleos. “Join her.”

Saleos nodded with a grin, took his weapons and left the room.

“I don’t know how they broke through”, Azaiel continued. “Honestly, I don’t want to know. What I do know is that their forces are powerful and our dead soldiers will rise as theirs. We can’t let them reach Silvermoon and we can definitely not let them reach the Sunwell. Some of us will aid our forces in the front. Some of us will remain here. It’s life or death. For the Sunwell! For Quel’Thalas!”

Ewah held Eligor tightly as the crowd dispersed and got to work. Azaiel approached them with heavy steps. He gave Eligor a quick nod. “Will you be able to handle this, son?” Eligor answered with a smile. It was fake, considering the situation, but encouraging enough for Azaiel to relax. “Saleos led the rangers to the front. Uhrian and the guards are going to the armory to prepare everyone for battle. Leana and Aengel are preparing the shelters. Ewahline, go there and join them!”

“No!” she said and tightened her grip around Eligor even more. “I’m staying with Eligor.”

“It wasn’t a request, Ewahline.”

Eligor nodded to her. “Go. I’ll be fine.”

She hesitated for a moment and then gave Eligor a quick kiss on the lips and rushed out of the room. Azaiel ignored it. He knew there were more important things going on than young love. He grabbed Eligor’s shoulder, looked him in the eyes and said: “Remember everything I’ve taught you, son. It’s real this time.”

“I can handle it”, he said with a resolute look. “I was raised by my Syndicate scumbag of a father, remember?”

Azaiel smiled. “You’re a strong man, Eligor. What you endured as a boy is enough to break even the strongest of spirits. As much as I hate to drag you into this conflict today, I know that you will stand there by my side and face those undead wretches with the courage of the best of the Kirin Tor.”

Eligor nodded with a smile. “So are we going to the front lines?”

“No”, Azaiel answered. “The Sunwell must be protected. Most of the Moonflower clan will remain in Silvermoon. I believe in Saleos and the rangers to handle the front. Just remember, Eligor: would I fall in battle this pendant will activate. You must be mentally prepared for that.”

He nodded.

“Good. I want you to aid Uhrian in the armory. I must seek council with the generals and the wizards.” He turned to leave while mumbling: “If only the prince was here.”

Eligor was left behind in the lounge. He looked up to the Orb and Heavens and noticed the sky change from the storming clouds to a blood-red sun rising behind black clouds. He took a deep breath and hurried to the armory.
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySat Jan 17, 2009 6:58 pm

Chapter 9: The fall of a hero

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle Saleosqh6

The stench of death was unbearable. Smoke came from the trees. Plants had crumbled into ashes and rocks glowed like burning coal. Ranger-First Sergeant Saleos Moonflower was looking at the ruins that once were an enchanted gate. A few rotting undead roamed the area, some feasted on decaying flesh. The rest of the Scourge invaders had passed hours ago.

“Our defenses are nothing to them”, Halduron Brightwing muttered as he put his bow around his back. “Ranger-General Windrunner and second in command Theron can’t hold them off forever.”

“Our orders were to scout the roads for possible undead reinforcements”, Saleos said. His clothes were torn and his face was covered in dirt. He breathed heavily. The grin from back in the mansion was gone. There was nothing to grin about here.

Brightwing muttered. “New orders. Let’s move back. The undead are closing in on Silvermoon. Most of their reinforcements will come from our fallen brothers and sisters. These roads will be clear for the time being.”

“Roger.” Saleos gestured to a few rangers behind him who drew their bows and ran to the northern woods. “Do we split up or go as a group?”

Brightwing looked behind him and counted the remaining rangers in his mind. There were ten of them plus Saleos. A couple of scouting squads were patrolling the nearby area and another squad burned the bodies of those who had fallen in battle.

“Windrunner is fighting them from north. We will ambush from south. Moonflower, take your team north along the coast. My squad will follow the eastern river. As you approach, do not engage. Listen to the sound of the hawk. That is your cue to intercept.”

“Yes, sir”, Saleos said and head out in the woods to rendezvous with the remaining squad members.

The squad rushed like wildcats through the woods of Eversong Forest. They had their eyes on the western shore as they approached the smoking horizon. There were no undeads waiting an ambush. The Scourge had seemingly been following a straight trail forward and was easily tracked. An hour passed, maybe two, before the reeking dead were clearer than ever. Saleos signed to his team to silence as he lurked up a hill to see what lied in wait on the other side.

He saw countless undead forces standing idly behind their fallen prince, a man whom emanated such darkness that Saleos felt a freezing ache in the bottom of his heart. He knew that Brightwing’s signal could be heard any moment now but he deeply hoped it wouldn’t. He couldn’t battle the undead. No one could. Only the gaze of that fallen prince would be enough to rip his morale apart. He couldn’t hear his squad’s curious whispers. All he could hear was the death knight’s heartless voice: “I salute your bravery, elf. But the chase is over.”

A blonde woman in a blue cloak could be seen heavily breathing before the fallen prince. It was the Ranger-General, glaring at him with intense hatred. “Then I’ll make my stand here, butcher”, she said. “Anar’alah belore.”

Saleos heart froze as he watched his honorable hero fall to the fallen prince’s sword. On her knees and with blood gushing out of her stomach, she turned to her murderer and uttered without regrets: “Finish it! I deserve … a clean death.”

Saleos couldn’t bare to watch any further. He turned his back to the grass with his gaze drifted away into nothing and heard the death knight rise his hero as one of their own. He looked at his men with eyes wide open and said with a trembling voice: “The war is lost … Quel’Thalas will be taken over by the Scourge.”

They never heard the sound of the hawk. All their morale was gone.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 10:44 am

Wow finished reading it Smile Really good enjoyed it a lot and waiting for more Wink
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:25 am

shadowtroll wrote:
Wow finished reading it Smile Really good enjoyed it a lot and waiting for more Wink
I think you're the only one who reads it. pirat
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:09 pm

Manovan Marrowsteel wrote:
shadowtroll wrote:

Makes me feel special Wink btw where can I buy the book!? Very Happy

*looks at first post*
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:21 pm

Shadow isn't the only one reading this. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:30 pm

Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 12:47 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Most of them are me and my countless edits and updates. Very Happy

shadowtroll wrote:
Manovan Marrowsteel wrote:
shadowtroll wrote:

Makes me feel special Wink btw where can I buy the book!? Very Happy

*looks at first post*

I actually wanted to add illustrations to the chapters but I can't bother to reinstall WoW and edit the registry just to make the map viewer WOTLK compatible. It's not worth the hours it takes. So I just made a cover with what I had: model viewer and Photoshop. Thought at least one illustration could attract a few more readers.
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 2:58 pm

Chapter 10: For the Sunwell! I

“Do you think the rangers managed to hold them off?” Ewah asked as Eligor and she sat in one of the couches in the lounge. The Orb of Heavens showed the same blood-red dusk as before. It wouldn’t change. Eligor knew it.

“I hope so”, he mumbled.

“But we haven’t heard from Saleos yet. He’s not dead, right? Tell me he’s not dead.”

“He’s not dead.”

Ewah bit her bottom lip and lowered her head. “You don’t know that!”

Eligor looked at her with a confused look. He didn’t know what to say in a situation like this. He tried to maintain his calm but the war was all he could think about; rangers were fighting the undead while he sat in Silvermoon City unable to do anything else than wait. Good men and women were dying, the rangers fought for their lives, for everyone. He wished he could be there at their sides.

The door to the lounge opened and Uhrian entered. He was fully dressed in leather and with two daggers sheathed in his belt. “The rangers have failed”, he said, seemingly calm. “The undead are regrouping outside the city gates–“

A heartbreaking shriek echoed over the mansion. Eligor and Ewah twitched and looked around themselves. Uhrian muttered: “Gargoyles. We need to leave … now.”

Before they could react, a burning boulder crushed through the Orb of Heavens which broke into millions of crystal splinters. As Eligor looked up he could see a rain of splinters, rocks and fire coming down on them. He quickly grabbed Ewah and, in reflex, blinked them both to the entrance where Uhrian was standing.

Ewah looked at him, shaken by the experience. Uhrian took a sigh of relief. Eligor nodded. “Ewah, go to the shelters.”

She shook her head.

“Please, Ewah. I can’t let anything happen to you.”

The flames in the lounge spread from the fabric to the other interior. The gargoyles’ shrieks could be heard once more and the mansion guards shouted orders to each other. She looked around and her body was trembling as her eyes followed the spreading flames. She nodded.

“Take her there”, Uhrian said.

Eligor nodded and put his arm around Ewah before he blinked through the hallways of the mansion to the garden outside, aiming for the underground shelter not far from the port to the city streets. In the air above flew cackling gargoyles and flaming boulders came flying from the city walls. Silvermoon was in flames and its citizen cried as they fled in panic. Eligor left Ewah in her mother’s arms as he arrived to the shelter and more came running from the mansion behind him. A rhythmic hammering of metal against metal and wood could be heard from the other side of the walls. The undead minions prepared for assault.

“Eligor”, someone said behind him. It was Aengel who was as shaken as before. “They’re here. They’re here.”

“Calm down, Aengel”, he said. “Stay here with your sister in the shelter. Where’s your father?”

“He … he went with the other wizards to fight back the Scourge. He told me to … he told me to tell you to join him.”

Eligor nodded. “Don’t worry, Aengel. Your father and I will show those monsters.”

Aengel nodded and forced a fake smile. Eligor led him down to the shelter and closed the door behind them. He could hear Ewah shout his name from the other side. He breathed heavily. It was time to go to battle. He had to be prepared.

“Calm down, Eligor”, he said to himself. “This is not the Syndicate. You’re on the good side this time.”

He took a deep breath and ran towards the city gates. As he passed by the ruins of Silvermoon, he tried to picture its former glory. The dead and injured on the ground had once been smiling, happy citizen. He wasn’t the one who slew the innocent. His baron father wasn’t here to force him anymore. He was his own force now. He could save them all. This was his chance to redeem himself.

As Eligor arrived to the city gate, he noticed master Azaiel and other wizards shoot fire and frost at the gargoyles above. War cries were heard from the other side of the walls. There was a loud hammering on the gate.

“Eligor!” Azaiel shouted to him and waved. He breathed heavily. It was obvious to Eligor that Azaiel couldn’t do much because of his illness.

Eligor looked around them. There were just a few wizards there and a couple of a hundred guards. Archers were shooting arrows from the walls and towers, but what could arrows do against the walking dead? He turned to the gate and started channeling his arcane powers. The gate crumbled before them and endless of grinning corpses charged towards them with sharpened blades.

The defenders raised their weapons. “For Quel’Thalas! For the Sunwell!”

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:00 am

Chapter 11: For the Sunwell! II

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle Hoohoud4

Uhrian grinned as he decapitated another ghoul with his dagger. He fought in the mansion garden where ghouls had leaped over the walls or dropped down from the gargoyles above. A few of his clansmen and some of their hired guards and servants were aiding him in the battle. They had to protect the entrances to the shelters or the undead would break through to their old, young and those unable to fight. He wouldn’t let that happen.

But the ghouls were too many.

He swung his blades to the nearby monsters, decapitated one of them and cut off the jaw of another. The one without its head fell down on the ground while the one without its jaw indifferently kept fighting. He was surrounded. Fifteen, maybe twenty, of them circled him. Some of them showed their sharp blades and those without showed their claws. Uhrian knew that daggers wouldn’t save him in a situation like this. However, he was a man of many talents.

“Sorry, gentlemen”, he said and channeled a magical nova which froze the undead around him in shards of ice. He leaped into the air and blasted them all with fire. As he landed on his feet behind their burned remains, he breathed heavily and fell to his knees. Even though he hadn’t wasted any of his magic, he was physically tired from the melee combat. His skin felt warm and his face was wet. Sweat dripped to the ground.

He looked around. Injured clansmen moaned in the garden and mindless minions of the Scourge moaned outside its walls. He heard them closing in. The battle had just begun.

Eligor blasted away another ghoul with a fire bolt. Azaiel froze a few of them to the ground. There were no ends to them. Men and women died around them but most of the wizards remained. The air around them was filled with color from the frost, fire and arcane which were tossed around.

“Careful with the fire, Eligor”, Azaiel said. “The only thing worse than a murderous ghoul is–“

“–a murderous ghoul on fire. I know, master.” Eligor hesitated with his fire spells and started channeling arcane. “But it’s not easy to change element in the heat of battle.”

“At your level it should be”, Azaiel said. “Behind you.”

Eligor turned around and managed to dodge a swinging axe. He blasted the ghoul away with a powerful force and it crushed to a wall. He turned back to the city gate. A loud roar echoed through the shrieks of the gargoyles. The walls around the gate crumbled apart as two menacing monstrosities rampaged through. They were big as giants and made by body parts stitched together.

“What are those abominations?” Eligor stuttered.

“I don’t want to find out”, Azaiel shouted. “Fall back to the mansion! Eligor, I heard gargoyles from there minutes ago. Go before us and help Uhrian defend the shelters.”

Eligor nodded and gave the giant abominations a last glance before he ran towards the mansion. After a few hundred steps he turned around just to see that his master and the other wizards weren’t behind him. There was no time to waste. He continued towards the mansion.

Uhrian blasted more ghouls away and apart with his magic. Those who got too close were cut into bits and pieces with his daggers. He was tired. The clansmen and guards were tired too. Only a dozen ghouls remained but the elves were all on their knees. The mansion was burning behind him. He was willing to give up. He was confident this was the day he would die.

Suddenly all ghouls collapsed as arrows pierced their heads. A squad of rangers ran through the ruined walls and finished the undead off with swords and daggers. Uhrian looked up and found his little brother Saleos reach his hand for him.

“Are you okay?” he asked and pulled his big brother to his feet.

“Yes”, Uhrian answered. “I’m just tired.”

“What do you say? Shall we fight to our death or retreat? I don’t really care.”

Uhrian gave his brother a confused look. “We’re going to protect the Sunwell. And we’re going to live doing so.”

“Fine by me”, Saleos said with a big smile. His smile instantly vanished. “But it won’t be easy. Sylvanas has been slain by the fallen prince … and been raised as one of them.”

Uhrian sheathed his daggers. He didn’t have time to be emotional now. “I’m sorry, Saleos. I know how much you admired her.”

Suddenly Saleos’ smile was back on his pale face. “Well, seeing her stand up to the fallen prince like that taught me that staring death in its eyes is cool. I’ll show you that I can be pretty cool as well. My men and I are ready to fight.”

They heard moans and roars closing in on the mansion. The undead were coming for more. Uhrian knew that they couldn’t defend against any more. It was better to regroup with the rest of the defenders and go for the Sunwell. But if they were to leave the mansion, they had to move the people to more secure shelters.

“Take your men and hold them back”, Uhrian said. Saleos nodded and left the mansion together with his squad.

Uhrian went to the first shelter and unlocked the heavy metal door protecting it. As he held the door, Ewah rushed passed him and went for the sounds of the undead. “Ewah! What are you doing?” Uhrian shouted but couldn’t go after him as he held open the heavy doors.

“Eligor!” she shouted. “Father!”

She was panicking and couldn’t think clearly. This wasn’t good. Hopefully she would come across Saleos before she reached the Scourge. Uhrian entered the shelter and saw dozens of scared elves hiding in the darkness.

“Is it safe?” Leana asked.

“We need to move to another shelter”, Uhrian said. “It’s too dangerous to stay here.”

Eligor blinked instantly through the city streets. He had to get to the mansion as quickly as possible. He knew his energy was running out and he wouldn’t be able to do much more damage. As he blinked through the ruins of Silvermoon, distracted by flames, screams and corpses, he didn’t have time to react to Saleos and then Ewah crossing his path. He was practically invisible to them and his speed was too much for him to notice it was them.

When he entered the mansion’s garden, he noticed the door to one of the shelters were open. He jumped over dead elves and ghouls and entered the shelter to see if the people were safe but it was too dark to see anything inside.

“Hello?” he said. “Is anyone there?”

“Eligor”, Uhrian said. “Did you see Ewah? Did you see her?”

“Ewah? Is she out there?” Eligor turned to the stairs but fell paralyzed to his knees. He had used up all his energy. He couldn’t move at all anymore.

Azaiel and the other wizards held the abominations and the ghouls back as they retreat back through the city streets towards the mansion. Bolts of fire and frost crushed into the giant monsters but nothing seemed to damage them. Behind them, Azaiel could see the former prince of Lordaeron ride across the streets on a skeletal steed with an indifferent look on his face. Behind him was a sinister-looking wagon dragged by hooded acolytes. He didn’t know what was in the wagon. He didn’t want to know. All he could focus on was the abominations and the emotionless prince who rode behind them.

Arrows flew through the air and a few wizards fell dead to the ground. Skeleton archers marched behind the fallen prince. There was an entire army of the dead before the few remaining high elves.

“Father!” someone shouted from the street behind Azaiel.

The turned around and saw Ewah run fumblingly towards him. “No, Ewahline”, he shouted and ran to meet her. He could feel the crushing blow of one of the giant abominations in the middle of his back and he flew through the air and crushed into a wall.

“Father!” he heard his daughter scream.

He lied on the ground with a broken spine and looked up in the sky. He knew he was gone for. Ewah ran up to him and sat beside his wounded body. He gave her a loving a smile and stuttered: “Foolish girl. But I love you all the same.”

“Dad?” she said and took him in his arms. Tears ran down her cheeks and she felt a painful ache in her heart.

“Eligor is a foolish boy”, Azaiel continued. “Take care of him. I want you two to be together and love each other.”
Azaiel and Ewah looked pitiful to the undead army. They ignored them as they marched by along the street. The fallen prince didn’t even glance at them as he rode by and Ewah was too shaken up to really notice him. She looked her father in his eyes and he looked back in her’s.

“The Heart of Azaiel”, he said. “It is your bond to Eligor. Take it.”

She sniffed as she took the blood-red pendant from his neck. As she held it in her hand she could see its glow pulsing like a demon’s heart.

Azaiel smiled. “You have some of mine and Eligor’s power now, Ewahline. Be good and take care of your brothers. They will need you.”

Ewah noticed her father’s eyes close and she couldn’t feel his breath and pulse in her arms. Her lip trembled and her heart felt like it had been stabbed by a sharp blade. Behind her, Saleos stood idly watching with his head lowered. He came forward and put his hand on her shoulder.

She took the Heart of Azaiel and put it around her neck. Its pulsating stopped and it glowed brighter than ever. She looked silently at her father as she listened to Saleos’ words: “This is the beginning of a new era for the Moonflower clan.”

She looked up in the sky and watched the full moon which was colored red by the burning sky. It looked like the moon was bleeding.

Eligor could feel a painful ache in his heart as he sat on the floor of the shelter. The ache spread from his heart through his veins and he could feel his whole body burning. He screamed like he had never screamed before. His eyes burned like fire and his breath emanated a red glow. The shelter brightly lit up and the innocent people trembled in fear as they watched Eligor’s burning body. His painful scream hurt their ears and they tightened up in the corner of the shelter.

“What’s happening to him?” Leana asked.

“Stay back!” Uhrian commanded. “He’s absorbing centuries of knowledge and power.”

Eligor looked like a bonfire because of the glowing flames. Leana ran up to him.

“Don’t touch him!” Uhrian screamed.

It was too late. Leana was tossed back into the shelter by pure magical force. Eligor took the shape of a flaming demon where he sat and screamed in fear and pain.

Uhrian grabbed as many as he could around him and blinked passed Eligor out to the garden. Behind him exploded the shelter and left nothing but ashes and dust. The glow vanished and Eligor sat alone and in shock in a crater of ashes.

He had been wrong. He had just killed the innocent.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Estel'wenil

Estel'wenil

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:45 pm

Very good story
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:59 pm

Kaylaruana wrote:
Very good story
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySun Feb 08, 2009 12:31 am

Chapter 12: For the Sunwell! III

Uhrian sat on his knees almost entirely drained. This last blink had been everything he had. Next to him squatted Aengel with his trembling eyes wide open while glaring at the silent Eligor who sat in the smoking crater. He turned to his side and threw up. All Uhrian had managed to save from the shelter was Aengel and two screaming young women. Everyone else was incinerated in the explosion. Fourteen women, five men and ten children – all of them were dead. Leana, his mother, was one of them.

But he didn’t know how to feel. Sorrow yes, but no hatred for Eligor. The Heart of Azaiel had activated and this was the consequence. It should have happened in a more secure location, but the fact was that it didn’t. In this situation they had to make the best of it for the sake of the rest of the clan.

“Eligor”, Uhrian said. “Are you with me?”

Eligor looked up with trembling lips, still in great shock of what had happened. He looked at Uhrian but he didn’t actually see him. He looked right through him. Uhrian couldn’t move and Aengel was too much in shock to do anything. The Scourge armies had passed the mansion and crossed the sea towards the isle with the Sunwell. It was now or never.

“Eligor!” Uhrian shouted. “Don’t think about what happened. If you truly have absorbed my father’s legacy, then you know what must be done.”

“The Sunwell”, Eligor stuttered.

“Yes, the Sunwell”, Uhrian repeated. “It must be protected.”

Eligor’s eyes got more focus. “So it is true? Arthas Menethil is after the Sunwell. But why?”

Eligor tried to stand up and Uhrian gave him encouraging nods. Next to him, Aengel was breathing and puking and the two women both cried. Uhrian tried to stand up, but it was too difficult. He had to rest for a few minutes before he could head back into battle.

“Father had a precognition, didn’t he?” Uhrian said. “If you focus you’ll find the knowledge.”

Eligor closed his eyes and tried to focus his breathing. He tried to ignore the events that had occurred and the innocent deaths he had caused. He remembered his father, the baron, who had given the sword to his hand and asked him to cut the head of an innocent young girl. He had been seven years old at the time. He remembered how he fled the Syndicate and was soon taken in as one of Kel’Thuzad’s apprentices. He remembered Kel’Thuzad and his teachings. He was a psychopath who only craved for more power, not much different from Eligor’s father. Then he met Azaiel who gave him new hope with life. He had only seen hatred and greed among mankind but the elves gave him a family. The elves were so graceful. So powerful.

Suddenly the thought came to him. “It’s the fount of great power at a convergence of powerful ley energies. Crafted from a vial with enchanted water from the legendary Well of Eternity.” Azaiel had studied this during his entire life. As he gave it thought, Eligor realized he possessed centuries of knowledge about the Sunwell. “It’s the charging essence of the high elves magic. Without the essence, the high elves’ power will …” Eligor saw a sinister-looking wagon in his mind, like a memory seen through his master’s eyes. “The meat wagon”, he said. “From seeing its construction I assumed it was meant to bring corpses as ammunition to the weapon that is the undead, but now I know why they drag it towards the Sunwell.”

Uhrian shrugged. “What are you talking about? What’s a meat wagon?”

“The wagon is guarded by heavily armed ghouls. It definitely holds something of great importance. They need the Sunwell’s power for whatever is in the wagon. If we can destroy it before it reaches the isle, we might have a chance of saving the Sunwell.”

Eligor stood up and nodded to Uhrian. “I know what has to be done.”

Uhrian tried to force himself up from his knees. “Then do it”, he said.

Like with renewed strength, Eligor blinked through the mansion’s garden following the trail of the undead. The water before him was frozen and he could see in the distance how the fallen prince was riding on top of the frozen water with the meat wagon behind. Some of his minions remained at Silvermoon’s shore while others swam or marched along the bottom of the sea. He took a deep breath and blinked across the water faster than he could sink down with his feet. He could hear the battle going on in the isle and as he closed in, the high elves screams faded more and more.

He was too late. As Eligor had approached the isle he saw how the meat wagon dropped a corpse into the Sunwell, corrupting its very essence. Around them lied dead elves and ghouls were feasting upon them. Eligor stopped and looked around him. He noticed some rangers and guards still trying to combat the undead, but it was too late. The Sunwell was corrupted by their vile necromancy. Silvermoon was in ruins. Quel’Thalas had been taken. And–

From the Sunwell rose a menacing lich levitating on a freezing glow. It couldn’t be …

“Kel’Thuzad!” Eligor shouted and started channeling a powerful bolt of fire but he was interrupted by his whole body freezing and his limbs being more and more paralyzed. The channeled fire fainted and vanished.

Even without a glance, the lich had frozen his body in shackles of ice. The last thing Eligor could hear before everything turned black was: “Pathetic.”

For once, Kel’Thuzad had told him something he agreed with. Even after absorbing master Azaiel’s legacy, he was too weak to fight off the Scourge and save the Sunwell. He was good for nothing. He was pathetic.
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:25 am

Chapter 13: A memory of the past

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle Syndicateyb6

Eligor rode slowly and gracefully along the roads in Alterac Mountains dressed in his purple Kirin Tor cape. More than a decade had passed since he left these lands and he was curious to find out what had happened to it. He had heard the Syndicate was still in some of the territories and the cruelty to innocent civilians had apparently increased – probably because of the rumors that Blackrock orcs had been occupying the lands lately.

He wondered if his family was still alive. If they were, did they remember him? What would they do if they recognized him? He remembered seeing what the Syndicate did to those who tried to depart from the organization when he was a child. They tortured them and carved an S on their back, laughing as they did so. The Syndicate were sadists, no doubt about it, but what else could he do other than to visit his former home now when master Kel’Thuzad had left Dalaran for good.

As he entered a path leading to one of the camps he had once lived in, he noticed black-dressed rogues glaring angrily at him. They seemed to ponder whether or not he was a threat. As they noticed his robes they drew their blades, obviously eager to rob him of any worthy possession he might have had – or just kill him for pure entertainment.

Eligor stopped his horse and a scarred man without most of his teeth grinned at him. “Are you lost, boy?” The other men cackled as they inspected Eligor from top to bottom.

“Looks like one of those Alliance folks”, another man said. “Probably a sorcerer too.”

Eligor shrugged. “Is Baron Anduar Silver alive?” he asked.

The toothless one tightened his grip around his dagger and lost his ugly grin. “You know the Baron, kid?”

Eligor gulped but tried to remain calm. “You didn’t answer my question.”

The toothless one looked at Eligor with a suspicious glare as he thumbed the shaft of his dagger. One of the men chuckled from behind the broken fence he stood at. “Tough one, this boy. Looks familiar too, doesn’t he?”

The toothless one nodded. “Aye, he does.” He took a step forward. Eligor followed him with his eyes. “You’re the Silver kid, aren’t you? The boy who disappeared!”

“The boy who went away would be a more accurate description”, Eligor replied calmly. “This organization of yours isn’t a place for a kid to grow up after all.”

The men laughed. “Hey, Dunbar”, the man behind the fence said to the toothless one. “Let’s take this punk to see the Baron.”

“Yeah”, said someone else. “This gotta be a lovely family reunion.”

Dunbar nodded. “Aye, aye. I’m sure the Baron wants to see his runaway offspring again.”

The men led Eligor along the roads in their encampment until they came to a large building in its northern edge. He could see smoke behind the trees in the direction of Strahnbrad who wasn’t far away. It could be other bandits. Maybe even Blackrock orcs. He pictured the old Strahnbrad he had seen in his early years, at the time the Syndicate was being formed and it was still a small group of former nobles outraged by the Alliance and later the Horde. Strahnbrad was an active city of happy, peaceful citizen and Eligor had been the child of bandits who only got to see it from the surrounding hills and from the roads on which he watched his family and friends rob and murder innocent people. He had always been looking at Strahnbrad with envy in his eyes, seeing their children play around with their toys or bathe in a nearby pond. That was the life he wanted.

They entered the large building and the bandits greeted a group of men who had a feast inside it. The building consisted mostly of one big lounge with a wooden throne overlooking it. On the throne sat Eligor’s father, Baron Anduar Silver, with a mug of mead in his hand. His hair and beard weren’t black anymore but partially gray and his face looked more scarred than before. He had a big scar over his left eye and its pupil was white, obviously blind on that eye. The entire room silenced as the rogues dragged Eligor into it. He looked around but stopped as his gaze met his father’s.

“We found this boy riding towards the camp, sir”, Dunbar said and took a step back.

Eligor squinted with his eyes and tried to relax his heavy heartbeat. “Father”, he said while looking at the Baron. The men in the room started mumbling to each other.

“So you’re back?” the Baron said and leaned forward. “Come over here and let me take a look at you.”

Eligor took a few slow steps forward. He tried to maintain an indifferent expression. He hadn’t planned to be surrounded by so many people. If they were nothing more than bandits he could have a chance against them. He could freeze them to the ground at first to immobilize their movement. He wouldn’t hesitate to attack if they would threaten him, and knowing the Syndicate this was exactly what was expected from them to do.

The Baron looked at his son, pondering over something while poking his bearded chin which was wet by dripping mead. “You sure look like me, son”, he said. “But you’re short and you don’t have much muscle. You probably haven’t handled a tool for years.”

Eligor didn’t answer.

“Why are you here, Eligor?” the Baron continued. “Never has anyone who escaped us dared to come back. Do you still hold a grudge against us and are here for vengeance?”

Eligor lost his focus and his gaze fell down to the floor. He wasn’t sure himself why he had returned here. He had recently lost another father figure when master Kel’Thuzad went rogue and departed from Dalaran. Maybe he had been drawn to Kel’Thuzad as a kid because he shared his father’s cold, however with a more civilized manner, and was attracted to some kind of familiarity. A dark void had been growing within him since Kel’Thuzad’s departure and maybe his returning here was to fill that void with something familiar. One part of him kept thinking that maybe it was his destiny as the child of a bandit to live a bandit’s life. Who was he? He wanted to know.

“I’m not here for vengeance”, Eligor mumbled. “I’m just here to visit my father and give him a chance to redeem himself to me.”

The Baron’s mouth open wide and he gave Eligor a confused look. He then laughed loudly and the other men joined in. “Redeem himself …” he chuckled.

“You’re an evil man, father”, Eligor continued. “You were a noble once. Now look at you–“

The Baron drew a dagger from his belt and stabbed it in the arm rest of the wooden throne. All the laughter in the room vanished and Eligor noticed a burning rage in his father’s one good eye. He took a step back and gulped. Maybe this wasn’t such a good idea after all. He shouldn’t have left Dalaran.

“You stopped being my son the moment you left this outpost twelve years ago, Eligor”, the Baron said. “I was going to go easy on you, but not only do you insult the Syndicate, you insult the Perenolde household. Your punishment will be that of a traitor’s.”

The men raised their mugs and cheered. Eligor gasped and took a step back.

“Undress him and tie him up!” the Baron commanded. “Make him endure ten hours of torture with a chain-link whip!”

Eligor pushed his cape to the side and drew a wand from his belt. He raised it in the air and made a sweeping motion towards his father. A fist-sized arcane bolt generated from the tip of the wand and flew through the air towards the Baron. A foot, maybe two, from collision the bolt evaporated into thin air. Eligor gasped and noticed his father giving him a wicked grin. A leashed sinister-looking being appeared from behind the throne. It looked like an eyeless hound with scales in red and gray shades. It had its mouth open wide and showed its many sharp and spiky teeth.

“What is that?” Eligor stuttered. “A demon?”

“It’s a felhunter”, the Baron said. “You won’t be able to conjure your magic with this lad around.”

“How come you have demons?” Eligor asked. “This can’t be.”

“You’re Alliance scum”, the Baron said. “Weak like a woman and not with much wit. But, being the noble that I am, I’m going to give you one last chance to redeem yourself to us instead. If you manage to endure your torture you’ll have our symbol carved to your body so that everyone will know where you come from, should you try to escape us again.”

Eligor grinded his teeth.

“Take him away!”

“Not so fast”, someone said. A dagger flew threw the air and pierced the skull of the demon dog. “This boy is ours.”

Eligor looked over his shoulder and noticed three high elf magicians at the entrance to the building. One of them was facing the bandits outside the building while the two others were facing the Baron and his men. One of them was …

“Master Azaiel Moonflower?” Eligor said, surprised but relieved.

The Baron grinded his teeth. “Who do you think you are, pointy-ear?”

The men in the room drew their weapons but got instantly shackled to the ground in shards of ice. Azaiel walked up to Eligor who was shocked by the sudden rescue.

“Baron Anduar Silver”, Azaiel said and gave the Baron a quick glare. “Sorry to disturb you, but this boy is a member of the Kirin Tor. We got words that one of our students was approaching Syndicate lands and we came to follow up why. Now pardon our intrusion, but your son comes with us.”

Azaiel grabbed Eligor and the three wizards teleported away from the camp. Later at night they rested at a campfire in the woods. Eligor was grateful for the rescue but he felt the dark void inside him grow even more.

“What were you thinking, boy?” Azaiel asked. “Do you have a death wish?”

Eligor looked into the fire. “No”, he said. “I just–“

Azaiel smiled. “Honestly I was surprised to find out that one of our students was the son of one of the Syndicate nobles. Your master was Kel’Thuzad, right?”

Eligor nodded.

“Do you miss your master, is that it?”

Eligor shook his head.

“I can’t blame you for feeling lonely. Kel’Thuzad was one of our best after all.”

“Master Kel’Thuzad taught me the importance of power. I thought I was powerful enough but it turned out I’m still this afraid little boy. I didn’t even like my master or his teachings much, but without his guidance I feel so powerless. Maybe I should have followed him after all.”

“The path to power is a dark and lonesome road, Eligor”, Azaiel said. “Kel’Thuzad have given up everyone who loved him to follow it alone. He was a mighty wizard but he had a darkness within him.”

“So have I”, Eligor said. “I can feel it. I feel angry all the time. One side of me hates everything while the other side tries to fight it off. It’s like I’m at war with my own shadow. I don’t like it. I fear what I’ll become.”

Azaiel leaned back and smiled. “It’s normal to feel that way. You have left a dysfunctional family and you’ve lost your master. You’ve seen horrible things. You’re lonely. But I do sense your spirit, kid. I can feel your potential to grow strong and your will to do good.”

Eligor looked at Azaiel with watered eyes. He knew this man from the Kirin Tor. He had even studied advanced alchemy under him last fall. Never could he have realized Azaiel Moonflower was a man with such wisdom. Some of the agony faded away as Eligor could feel an admiration take form.

“Why don’t you stay with me for a while?” Azaiel said. “I may not be as strong as Kel’Thuzad but I will teach you what I know.”

Eligor felt a tear run down his cheek. “Thank you”, he said.

Last edited by Manovan Marrowsteel on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:16 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 8:27 am

(( Aaaw, what a lovely read, the last part almost made me cry Razz ))
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle EmptySat Feb 21, 2009 10:42 am

Chapter 14: A blood elf’s pride stands high

Eligor could see a ray of light and feel a sensation of warmth in the cold darkness in which he slept. He thought he would never wake up but was now leaving the dreams behind. As he opened his eyes he could see faces colder and green eyes brighter than ever before. In the middle of the faces was Prince Kael’thas Sunstrider who looked at Eligor with a tormented glare. Uhrian stood next to him, tapping his feet and biting his lip.

“Ewah”, Eligor stuttered as he took a deep breath and felt a piercing ache in his heart.

“He’ll be fine”, said Prince Sunstrider and left the area.

“I’m here, Eligor”, Ewah said and ran up to him, embraced him and helped him to his knees. “I thought we had lost you.”

“What happened?”

“The Sunwell was corrupted”, Uhrian muttered. “You were trapped in a prison of ice.”

“It’s been weeks”, Ewah said. “We had to wait for the Prince to come home before we could save you. Only he had the power to melt the ice without killing you.”

Eligor remembered Kel’Thuzad rising as a lich from the Sunwell, shackling him in ice as he had charged. It felt like only moments ago.

“You saved me”, he muttered. “Despite all the pain I caused.”

“You are father’s legacy, Eligor”, Uhrian muttered. “Letting you die would be an insult to his memory.”

“Don’t worry, Eligor”, Ewah whispered and showed the glowing Heart of Azaiel around her neck. “You and I can be together now. Forever.”

He smiled, ignoring the pain while standing up. He looked at Ewah, at Uhrian and all the spectators. They were on Quel’Danas and the Sunwell’s water was tainted green. The whole area was a mess and Silvermoon was in ruins at the main land’s shore.

“So many of you are still alive”, Eligor said. “Did you manage to fight them off?”

Uhrian and Ewah helped Eligor to the boat waiting at the nearby harbor. A mana wyrm floated gracefully in the air around them.

Uhrian shook his head. “They got what they came for. After that lich rose from the Sunwell, the Scourge retreated, ignoring most of the survivors.” He snorted. “That Arthas underestimated us! They left their most mindless of minions here to clean up the land; most of them roam the dead scar remaining from the Scourge’s march through our woods. We can hold them off for now and rebuild.”

“I’m glad you’re okay.”

“None of us are okay. The war left us drained. All of us feel empty. Thirsty. Some of us are close to insanity. Every breath is painful.”

Eligor felt the ache in his heart. Yes, he could feel it too. Not as much as the high elves did, but he could feel some of the torment. He knew it had to do with the Sunwell. It was the fount of great magic, charging not only the high elves but the entire world with its power. He had expected weakness, dampened powers and fainted spells. But this torment? Could it even be that the more powerful the mage, the more painful the torment?

“How is Aengel?” he asked.

Uhrian and Ewah looked at him with eyes he’d never seen before. Ewah looked into the distance and Uhrian lowered his head.

“He’s alive … isn’t he?”

Uhrian nodded. “I expected you to know by now who Aengel really is. Our half-brother, yes, but he’s more than that. It seems the torment is worse for him than for anyone else. I fear for his life, Eligor. His mind is engulfed in darkness and insanity. I can take you to him, but you must be prepared. What you’ll see is something … wretched.”

Eligor gulped. “So he has already been driven insane?” He lowered his head. Poor Aengel. It must be the dragon-blood within him causing this torment.

Eighteen years ago, Leana Moonflower was raped and impregnated by a kin of the Blue Dragonflight. Azaiel and Leana had during the nine months of pregnancy feared what the baby would be like. An abortion ritual was out of the question so they decided to adopt the baby to wizards in Dalaran, despite knowing how cruel their tests could be. When the day came and the baby was born, Azaiel and Leana got so attached to the beautiful baby boy that they didn’t have heart to give him away. As years past, they realized that young Aengel had an affinity for the arcane and he could conjure spells of extremely high level as early as in his teenage years. They knew it was the Blue Dragonflight in his blood that gave him this powerful affinity but they didn’t fear the threat he could become. He was the sweetest child in Silvermoon, very sensitive and close to his siblings. He was a true Moonflower.

Now he was shackled to a wall with spikes in his hands, naked skin against the cold stone wall. His head leaned unconsciously over his naked chest and his skull was, from the eyes up, wrapped in enchanted cloth which was attached to the wall behind him. Two tubes went from his nostrils to a device in the wall and blood dripped from his palms to the floor. He wasn’t awake but his eyes were still crying.

Eligor silently approached him with eyes wide open in shock. This was too much pain for an eighteen year old boy. “This is too much”, he mumbled.

Uhrian watched him from behind. “After the destruction of the Sunwell, Aengel went into a state of frenzy. Twenty good men lost their lives as we tried to calm him down. Saleos was the only one who could calm his senses.”

Saleos sat on a bench in the dark shelter where Aengel had his prison. “Aengel and I are close”, he said. “After the Prince heard about what happened, he wanted to execute him. This prison is our only option.”

Eligor carefully put his palm on Aengel’s naked chest. It looked so weak. So fragile. He leaned forward and whispered in his ear. “I’m sorry.” He looked on Aengel’s weak, naked body and stroke his chest with his trembling hand. “This is my fault for being such a failure. I will save you, Aengel. I will remove your pain and make things better. You have my word.”

Eligor felt a tear run down his cheek. He put his hands in his pockets and turned around. He couldn’t look at this poor boy anymore.

“Saleos never leaves this room”, Uhrian said. “It’s up to you and me to help our people now, Eligor.”

He nodded, dried his tears and gave Uhrian a sharp gaze. “I will kill Arthas and Kel’Thuzad. I will save everyone from this torment!”

Uhrian nodded. “Let’s do it together.”

Hours past and the darkness of night came just to, a few hours later, welcome a new day with a bleeding dawn. There was a ruckus downtown and Eligor, Uhrian and Ewah went to check it out. It seemed Prince Sunstrider was gathering troops to venture south back to Dalaran.

“As a part of Grand Marshal Garithos’ army, we’ll cleanse the Northern Lands of the Scourge and find a cure to the sickness spreading among our brethren!” He took a breath. “Most of you will have to stand here and rebuild. But have hope! The Quel’dorei might have fallen but the Sin’dorei has risen from their ashes!”

“Sin’dorei?” Eligor whispered to Uhrian.

He nodded. “We are now the blood elves. Our pride shall stand higher than ever before.”

“This is the beginning of a new era!” Prince Sunstrider continued. “Those of you who follow me will be honored as heroes. It’s up to you who stay behind to rebuild our lands and make our kingdom blossom like ever before! Have pride! For Silvermoon! For the blood elves!”

“Eligor and I will join you, my lord”, Uhrian said with a bow.

The Prince nodded.

“Eligor too?” Ewah whispered.

Eligor gave Uhrian a confused look. “Shouldn’t we stay and rebuild?”

“Remember what you told me, Eligor”, Uhrian said. “You want to destroy the Scourge and save Aengel – save all of us. You and I will join Prince Kael’thas on the journey south.”

He nodded. “As you wish, Uhrian”, he said. “I can take the opportunity to collect Master Azaiel’s research from his office in Dalaran. If it’s still there.”

Prince Kael’thas Sunstrider’s voice echoed once more across the square. “We will be leaving at noon!”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle   [RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle Empty

Back to top Go down

[RP Story] The Bloodmoon Clan's Chronicle
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next