We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Oh the joys of warlock tanking

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Oh the joys of warlock tanking Empty
PostSubject: Oh the joys of warlock tanking   Oh the joys of warlock tanking EmptyWed Oct 29, 2008 1:39 pm

Hello all,

Right now, we are all living in a very special time.

No, I don't mean Hallow's End, or the Zombie Event, or even the upcoming expansion release. This is something much smaller, much more understated, but equally more profound.

Right now, dem warlocks can tank with the best of 'em!

As you or may not know, there is a bug with Demonic Empowerment, a deep demonology talent point. This talent allows for your various lock pets to go super-sayun every now and again, with the benefits unique to the demon. The voidwalker benefit includes an increase to the voidwalker's threat by, umm, 20% *cough* *cough*. However, there is a bug which makes said bonus turn out to be far more than 20%. In fact, according to some number crunshers on various forums, a level 70 Voidwalker can out tank a fully geared sunwell prot pally. Now, I don't know about that (that just sounds outlandish), but I do know that as a level 62 lock with deep dem spec, demonic brutality and a glyph of voidwalker, my blueberry is tanking like a rockstar. Sarrath hasnt seen much play since I got my big, hulking felguard Krenkazul, but since hearing about this he has come into his own.

When I first tried this out, I thought to myself; "no way you can take a 4 man group into ramparts using a VW as a main tank. Its pure madness!"

And madness it was...

My beloved blueberry can tank the **** out of Ramparts, Blood Furnace, or pretty much anything of my level or lower. I have yet to try him in any sort of raid, but as far as 5-man instances go he's a champion.

Now, there are some limiations to this. Primarily, Demonic Empowerment is on a cooldown, so it we happen to pull some adds in between the time it wears off and the cooldown is over, then those adds are hard to tank, but not impossible. If that happens, I just tell folks to leave those alone, and give special attention to making sure the healer is covered. And so far, a minimal amount of healing has proven necessary for void-tanking.

Truly, the voidwalker is currently the tanking king of WoW. Sure, this is an obvious bug that is confirmed fixed as soon as the next patch hits, which could be as soon as tommorow for all I know. But right now, in this brief, glorious moment, I know whats its like to have game-breaking awesomeness following me around with the words "I... obey".

I can only imagine how awesome this must be for uber-geared 70 dem locks right now. Apparently there's a video of a blueberry tanking Illidan somewhere, and the thought gives me goosebumps.

So everyone, please take a moment to consider this special time, and something truly amazing that we are unlikely ever to see again for the warlock community; a time of joyous warlock tanking.
Back to top Go down

Oh the joys of warlock tanking
Page 1 of 1