We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[RP] The Beggar Baron and the City in the Sky

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

[RP] The Beggar Baron and the City in the Sky Empty
PostSubject: [RP] The Beggar Baron and the City in the Sky   [RP] The Beggar Baron and the City in the Sky EmptyWed Oct 22, 2008 10:22 am

Baron Granville Manning grinned underneath his mask as he followed the figure into the Drag. Smartly dressed in flowing red robes, the mark was trying to walk casually but the Baron new better. His furative glances around whilst pretending not to notice Granville gave it away. Little did he know he was walking right into the beggar’s trap.

From the looks of his clothing, a magic user definitely thought the Baron. Maybe even a mage! Granville unconsciously sniffed the air, he could smell those conjured sticky buns already! Saliva dribbled from the remnants of his jaw. Walking faster, he thought he could hear the sound of coins jangling in a purse coming from the robed figure.

The mark increased his speed, but it was too late. Granville had smelled her coming long before the mark had seen her. From the other end of the Drag, the Baglady of Orgrimmar was approaching. Heading straight for the smartly dressed figure in the red robes. He had stopped now, and made to turn around, stopping when he saw Granville coming towards him.

Trapped! Granville thought with glee, Sticky buns and copper soon to be mine! Remembering his limp and ailments, the Baron changed his walk to a fast hobble, and began coughing unpleasantly. Just a short distance further!

Granville became aware the figure had begun waving has hands in an intricate pattern before him, and was chanting in a low voice which seemed to be getting louder. Granville came to a stop in front of the figure. His words forgotten, his mouth hung limply as the air rippled in front of him, and an area of the drag was replaced with the view of another place. Granville didn’t recognise where it was, but he got the feeling it was a long way away.

Smiling at him, the red robed figure waved then stepped into the space and simply vanished. The Baglady stood on the other side of the portal and seemed similarily stunned.

My… my sticky buns! My copper!

The outline of the portal shimmered slightly and the view on the other side began to waver.

My sticky buns! My copper! Roared the Baron, and charged towards the portal.

Seeing him make a run for it, and not about to miss out on food or coppers, the Baglady ambled forward surprisingly quickly after the Baron.

The two collided at the threshold and rolled through the portal together. The Baron was overwhelmed by sensations… of travelling a great distance, of being near something incredibly smelly, and of being leaned on by something extremely fat. He slipped into unconsciousness.
Back to top Go down

[RP] The Beggar Baron and the City in the Sky
Page 1 of 1