We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Rant No. 2

Go down 
+7
Opathu
Ashya
munechi
Xariandra
Archnazg
Tivak
Vexacus
11 posters
AuthorMessage

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:08 pm

Random posts that the poster makes to look good

Linked to my previous rant about the PRP monologues, but I'm getting really bored with the amount of crap that people post to boost their RPeen! You'd think that there was a post count or something sometimes, the amount of crap that can often be seen (and yes, I know that the trolls and spammers do it too, but when you are doing something creative the least you could do is be creative about where you post it!)
Xari, unfortunately you are my example again as you are the one that has offended most recently. This "my enemies make it too easy for me" is such boring shit it is doing my head in! Yes, we know your character is an evil bitch. Yes, we know she has an overly inflated opinion of herself! Yes, we know she wants to bring evil upon all and sundry! STOP WITH THE TELLING US STUFF WE ALREADY KNOW! Same goes for you, Arch, when you do it. It's got to be the most boring set of catchphrases in the world when you 2 start going off on one:
Arch: I'm the most evil!
Xari: No, I am!
Arch: But I eat children for breakfast!
Xari: Children? Pah! I eat baby kittens!
Arch: Yeah, well I'm going to taint the whole world and make you all my zombie slaves!
Xari: Well I'm going to get some ancient tome that makes me the zombie king and then I'm going to come round and eat your brains for dinner
Arch: Well I've conquered the minds of all the people of Undercity
Xari: Well I've killed all the Scarlets that stand in my way
Arch: Well I've got the most evil laugh in Azeroth
Xari: Pah! I've got the most evil laugh in Azeroth, Kalimdor, Outland and Northrend!
Arch: Yeah, well your mum smells of Abomination faeces
Xari: Well your mum smells of a felhound's afterbirth!

IT'S FUCKING PATHETIC!

Seriously, give up with the "I'm so evil I..." and just get on with trying to write an interesting story/part of a story.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:18 pm

I'm the most evil, I killed a level 43 mage attacking Halaa yesterday!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Back to top Go down
Tivak

Tivak

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-06-12

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:34 pm

different strokes for different folks

I do agree with you to a degree but venting/ranting about it does very little..
Its their RP style. If you dont like it..ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 12:59 pm

Ah Gurfang. All I am doing is trying to keep roleplay on the Horde side alive and well. Perhaps my RP has slacked a bit recently, which I have noticed. But I can't just stop all together. I have certain commitments to keeping things going here in the House.

It's all part of the server wide apathy. Once again, my apologies.

Alan

Edit: I also have a few things to point out regarding your image of Archnazg. I know you have never roleplayed with him, and by these forum posts you assume, because he is plotting against the Scourge, that he is evil? Archnazg isn't evil. He is a megalomaniac who is obsessed with protecting his people. I do not see Archnazg as evil, he will just go to extreme lengths to protect and preserve his people and some allegiances.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:35 pm

Hmmm.. As I told Tivak already you are right to a point, even though you exeggerate A LOT.

I did focus too much lately on coming over impressive, and all it does is encourage people to be arrogant to you anyways.

However, I don't get why you always go public with your nerdrages, we all have them but y'know, I'm very open for being critisized, however not in public as that just looks like drama and makes both sides look bad.

Just PM me on this forum next time you want to mention something?
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 1:51 pm

Gurfang wrote:

ZOMG!! baby kittens

edit:
who the fack eats baby kittens??
they must taste horrible
Back to top Go down
Ashya

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:15 pm

munechi wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

ZOMG!! baby kittens

edit:
who the fack eats baby kittens??
they must taste horrible

Nah, it's all a matter of marinating...

What?
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:38 pm

Sadly, my reputation as a paid-up member of the Cynical Journalists of Azeroth Union™ makes me unable to reply further, for fear of causing outrage, mass panic and curdling of Old Bessy's milk.

edit: crap sigs don't update, so my epeen is deflated
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 2:41 pm

Aso, if not freshly born, it's best to shave them. Hair/fur clogs up your stomach and can kill. S'true.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:35 pm

I have to agree with Xari on one point. Why make it public like this? Do you like your words so much that you have to make everyone see them?

Talk to the people that annoys you and see if you can change their behaviour more directly. I mean, are you expecting a flood of people to cheer you along and then create a crusade against these people? Come on, we're all civilized people here. It doesn't matter if you're right or wrong - how you bring it up is wrong. In my opinion anyway.

I made the mistake of ranting publicly about a thing concerning only a few and it created a big rift in the guild I was in. Still to this day I hate myself for creating that public rant. Both sides were wrong. I was wrong in posting it so that everyone could see, and they were wrong in how they reacted towards it. In the end though, it could just have been avoided by me not going public with it.

Handle it in private. Just a tip.
Back to top Go down

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 3:55 pm

Arch and Xari:
This is by no means a criticism of your RP. The reason I've made the rant is because I have been reading thread after thread in recent weeks where all it seems to be is one-upmanship of second-guessing and making the other look bad and that is just not what I want to read. It may be that others quite like it, but for me it is a bit on the lazy side and really not interesting to read, even if the storyline might be good.

Xari:
I know that it may seem like I'm taking shots at you wherever I can, but this is not the case either. However, at the time of writing this I had just read your comment in Luthien's thread and it really annoyed me that the same style of writing was pushing into someone else's thread when it wasn't, to my mind, needed.
Also, you do put yourself in positions where people can take issue with you. You recently posted a comment about Rend which just wasn't funny. If I hadn't been banned I would have commented on that too. If it makes you feel any better, I am getting to the point of giving up on you in this regard as it doesn't seem to make any difference whether I call you an idiot or try and suggest ways to not come across the way you seem to a lot of the time.
And as to public, in this case I felt it an easy way to get it off my chest and do it in a way that might give people a few laughs and still some people might take the slightly more serious point in it too.

**EDIT**
I would also draw your attention to the crap joke made at Oppy's amusing (if oft repeated) comment in the thread about transferring. You make a crap joke, Aqila tells you it's crap and you then tell him that you don't care about his opinion.
You seem to want to be liked, but you often do things that makes you look a bit of a goon. All I have tried to do recently, and this thread is now partly the same, is to encourage you to stop trying and simply be who you are. And no, you are definitely NOT the sort of person that keeps on making crap jokes because if you were then you'd have been doing that when you first burst onto the scene here.
Call it friendly advice on how to make friends and influence people. And if you don't like it, then feel free to ignore it. But at least you will know why some people, like me, might find you a bit of an idiot and say so from time to time if you have seen it here.

Tiv:
I am as soon as I see it, but I would like to not ignore it as I am sure, as I have said, I would enjoy it if it weren't so egocentric.
Back to top Go down
Tivak

Tivak

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 5:22 pm

Gurfang wrote:

Tiv:
I am as soon as I see it, but I would like to not ignore it as I am sure, as I have said, I would enjoy it if it weren't so egocentric.

Aren't you being egocentric by pointing fingers saying:
-Your- style of RP pisses -me- off.
Seems to me you are.

Or looking at the other posts you have put here
-I- Dont like the way -You- Post.

From my perspective your posts here have made you seem more egocentric
*shrugs*
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 6:44 pm

can people please make short versions of their posts? it seems intresting but i dont want to read it all
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 7:55 pm

Gurfang.. as I said previously, you take innocent forum-trolling waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Firstly, a major part of the RP community doesn't read the realm forums. It is, unfortunately, mostly OOCers there anyhow.

I keep my seriousness on the realmforum in RP threads and serious discussion threads that have already grown something interesting. Other than that, admit it, it's all trollbait. If it's not me someone else'll be there to make some random lolcomment which'll make someone nerdrage and derail the thread.
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: My two cents.   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:25 pm

Arch, don't take this the wrong way, but I'm forced to recount the night when you brought your cronies to TB to retrieve a member who we were protecting on the Bluff.

Now, I'm assuming you had fair and just IC reasons to know his whereabouts, so I'm not going to comment there.

I'll also assume that you weren't trying to piss off half the people involved, so I won't comment there either.

But, what I will be commenting on, is the fact that I spent a good two hours protecting him from you and your team, only to have you "mind control" him away from me, and get him to take a flight path to Orgrimmar. ( At which point I got fed up with the whole thing, and called it a night. )

That just seems tacky to me, and it'd have been nice to know beforehand that I was never going to be able to save him, perhaps I wouldn't have tried so hard. I can only count this up as Arch being so afraid that failing to return his member to where ever you guys all live, that you had to resort to demi-powerrp. Mind control is completely baseless in the lore, save for those who are exceptionally powerful.

Take it how you will, but this was honestly meant as constructive criticism. ( Even though it sounds like I'm pointing fingers, you're not nearly as bad as some of the people I know, and your rp on the whole isn't a problem. )

*braces self for flaming*

Last edited by Chowlawu on Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 8:53 pm

Tivak wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

Tiv:

Aren't you being egocentric by pointing fingers saying:
-Your- style of RP pisses -me- off.
Seems to me you are.

Or looking at the other posts you have put here
-I- Dont like the way -You- Post.

From my perspective your posts here have made you seem more egocentric
*shrugs*

It's true that it's about a particular style that rubs me up the wrong way, but when I say egocentric I mean that all it seems to be is about making their character look good, rather than making a story good.
Also, I don't see anyone else tending to do that.

If I were being truly egocentric then I'd be telling them how to do it too, rather than merely pointing out that the way they do it is annoying for me.
Back to top Go down

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 9:04 pm

Xariandra wrote:
Gurfang.. as I said previously, you take innocent forum-trolling waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too serious.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

Firstly, a major part of the RP community doesn't read the realm forums. It is, unfortunately, mostly OOCers there anyhow.

I keep my seriousness on the realmforum in RP threads and serious discussion threads that have already grown something interesting. Other than that, admit it, it's all trollbait. If it's not me someone else'll be there to make some random lolcomment which'll make someone nerdrage and derail the thread.

So you are saying that you troll RP threads as well as non-RP threads?

And you are saying that you don't care about the fact that just because it's mostly OOCers watching forum threads that you'll happily troll away and make the reading less palatable because you don't care about them (which suggests you are either grouping me with the OOCers or saying you care for my reading of forum threads even less than you do about the OOCers because at least you are giving them what they want!)

So now you are saying that Luthien's thread isn't RP?

Now, as to what is trollbait, there are those which are and those which aren't and I'd say that you don't tend to troll in the ones that are trollbait. You MAKE threads trollbait by trolling them, I'll grant you that, but most of the threads you troll just don't need it.

So now you are justifying your behaviour by saying that someone else would do it if it weren't you? Ever tried to just let a thread go and engage with it, rather than spoil what COULD, for someone, be an interesting discussion.

See, before I was talking about the egocentric bit being your character but now it seems that you just don't care about anything other than your own wants in a thread. You are acting as judge, jury and executioner on what is and isn't a decent thread to be a part of and thus spoiling any chance of a decent thread in the process.

To be honest, I should not be surprised. Your reputation preceded you but I decided to give you a chance. Now I give up. It's just not worth giving you the benefit of any doubt. There's just no point at all.
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2008 11:26 pm

lol, that post actually made me giggle irl

I love how you somehow extracted from that short and simple post I troll the RP threads I deem unworthy, especially since I stated I keep my serious attittude in RP threads and threads with an interesting discussion ^^

And again... stop taking a damn forum so serious.

edit: oh and ofcourse, wise Gurfang speaks for the entire community, because my reputation must be as he sees me Wink

I think, over the past year, I have about 50 different profiles people judged me by as "my reputation", it's funny really Razz
Back to top Go down
Tivak

Tivak

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 7:07 am

[quote="Gurfang"]
Gurfang wrote:

It's true that it's about a particular style that rubs me up the wrong way, but when I say egocentric I mean that all it seems to be is about making their character look good, rather than making a story good.
Also, I don't see anyone else tending to do that.

If I were being truly egocentric then I'd be telling them how to do it too, rather than merely pointing out that the way they do it is annoying for me.

Well.
Quite frankly you are saying you dont like the way they write. Have you considered that your stories where you are chopping up young maidens or suspending them upside down after cutting arteries so that they can slowly bleed into a pot most likely offend FAR more people. I do find your stories to be disturbing. If I dont want to know..you know what I do? I dont read it. If you dont like their writing style ignore it.

Another factor here is both of these players from my experience are both reasonable and easy to get hold of. IF the orignal poster didn't want their sides in their threads it would be a simple ask and I'm sure they would be happy to remove them.
Now. If they were in your RP threads I would understand all this anger but I dont. The RP they are persuing doesn't have anything to do with you or your chars.

As to your annoyance. If you were truly annoyed by it why the "name and shame"? why not take the matter up with them privately?
I have had disagreements with both Arch and Xari and I simply spoke to them and resolved the matter. This is not an attempt at saying "listen you know I dont feel the way you are doing this is right" its a pointing fingers and saying "How dare you".

Also from my experience, The Cove, The Cult, The Militia and the House have been RPing together for long enough. I dont see Xari posting in someone's personal development thread. If Xari's character is the evil emo bitch of doom who whenever something seems to remotely go her way why shouldn't he be allowed to post about it considering if its to do with any of the above four guilds it likely comes back to him?

You are overacting Gurf. If its something that seriously bothers you then take it up with that person in pvt. Those are -public- Forums and the -public- is allowed to post there. Who are you to say "You are too cynical" "You are too Emo" "You are too angry"? Its not your position and that rests with the orignal poster and blizzard.

As to throwing accusations of Meta gaming. If Pilus stated on there. In some deep dark cave with only his one most trusted leutenant that he was gonna attack thunber buff. You can be damn sure there will be alot of roleplayers who will just "have some reason to be there". One guy who wont, is Arch. By putting something on there you are making a development of your character public ooc knowledge. If the orginal poster didn't want anyone to know about it IC then it would take a small sentence at the end. Its an open invitation to join in.

Stop throwing accusations unless you have something to back them up with. Other people may enjoy reading Arch's or Xari's posts.
Get over it.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 EmptyTue Oct 07, 2008 9:30 am

While i agree to a certain extent that some posts do make me raise a quizzical eyebrow, i'm afraid i have to agree with those who have replied in the vein of 'if you don't like it, either don't read those posts or take it up with the individuals.'

There seems little of value to be gained from making a thread of this nature and so i'm locking it.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

Rant No. 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rant No. 2   Rant No. 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rant No. 2
Page 1 of 1