HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 

Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tamasha

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:09 pm

I've not had Tamasha on SSL for that long (as can be evidenced by her low level), but in the short time I've played her here, I've noticed a fair amount of contempt, dirision or irritation towards the player called Wasniahc (but who is known as Ordin ICly, if I remember from what I read from his flag). Having seen how he behaves in Trade and on the forums (which got my back up a bit), I can understand a little, but I was just wondering what it is that's earned him so much negativity from many people, RPers and non-RPers alike, and yet also earned him a number of truth-defying devotees?

I know it might not be the most enjoyable subject, and might not be a welcome one, but I've seen him with a proper RSP flag and heard that he's still an RPer, and I don't like to avoid RPers unless I know exactly why; could anyone fill me in?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:25 am

He was not a stranger to Power RP back in the days and I just guess that it has stuck with him from that moment on. Yes, I've seen it for myself and it was pretty horrible. I have no clue how his RP is nowdays though, and last I saw it wasn't that bad actually.

Although, I can't say that I dislike him. I've gotten to know him through private discussions and he's just a normal guy. One that has made some mistakes in his days, but a guy like anyone else nonetheless.

I'd give you the tip to get your own opinion of him by just treating him like any other person you see that has a reasonable "flag" description (if that's what he got).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:49 am

Well personally I like the fellow and I always have a chat with him when I'm on my horde account and he's online too, but I've never seen him RP or RP'd with him so can't judge about that.

And yeah trade spam can get annoying I guess but I'm not exactly innocent either when it comes to having a quick chat on trade Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vypra
Admin

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:46 am

An rp flag does not an rp-er make i'm afraid.

In the year and a half since i transferred to SSL i've never once seen Wasni rp. All i know of his rp is from the old Theatre of Cruelty forum (which got hacked a long time ago and now no longer exsists) which had people taking him to task for basicly being an undefeatable cyborg that could never be deceived because he had some gem or device that told him if you were trying to trick him.

As for the trade channel, Wasni doesn't just chat in there, he utterly spams it. 5 minutes after he rejoined the server, i left Trade on Vyp. by the end of that week i'd left on all my other characters too. My sister (who only started playing at Xmas and so hadn't heard of him before) left a BG she was in with him because he was that bloody annoying!

The thing about him that annoys me the most though, is his attitude that nothing is ever his fault. Somebody has always done something that caused him to be a pain in the ass to them. You should be able to see that yourself from the thread on the forum Razz

Imo, the reason he gathers such a following, is that some people see him as a little hero fighting back against the elitist rpers that forced him out. Personally, i had nothing against him at first. He was new at rp-ing and he did make some mistakes. The problem was that he never learned from them. Instead he choose to blame others for his shortcomings.

Kinda sad really.

Lithaella

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:53 am

As might be clear from the SSL thread, I openly dislike him, but contrary to what many people seem to think, it isn't on the ground of his old Power RP. To be honest, I can understand why it happened. Hell, when I first started roleplaying with Umbrator, I was atrocious. Seriously, utterly, pathetically bad. I got a bit better, yes, but the character was left fundamentally flawed (scarred, even) by the way I'd RP'd before and the things I'd RP'd about. There's a reason I don't RP with him anymore, and that is that I can't do so without feeling wrong about it. I'll have to redo him sometime, 'cause I still love the core of the character, but the point is that I'll freely admit I was terribly with him, so I won't criticise Wasniahc for his old RP habits. We all have to start somewhere, right?

The Trade channel spam doesn't annoy me -that- much. It's been annoying sometimes when I was actually trying to trade, although now that I look back on it... well... I guess some of my frustration at being outdone by the traders who spammed their goods so much that I couldn't get in to make any cash at all was directed at him when he started chat-spamming. Now, I've never liked spamming anything in trade (even the actual traders over-spamming isn't too my liking, daft as that may seem), but I did vent a little unfairly on him for it.

I've heard stories from close friends of stuff he did while in ToC or with Greywolves, in RP and out, and that didn't help, but that also isn't a big reason, just another contributor.

There are two main reasons I dislike him so; first would be the way he treated me and my friends on two seperate occaisons in PvE instancing (once in Scholomance, once in Shadow Labs. The Shadowlabs one is on the SSL forums and I don't want to talk about it again, the Scholomance one was yonks back and was just painful, but I sort-of forgave him for it until it added up with the Shadowlabs incident). The second... well... it's like Vypra said. It can never be his fault, no matter what. I don't mind people lying a little to try and make themselves seem a little more innocent, or to not cast themselves in such a bad light when something goes wrong, but to utterly refute any and all blame and responsibility for something you did wrong, every single time, to the point of making accusations against other people of wrongdoings they never committed? It's just not on.

Now, I have no idea if he reads these forums or not (and if not, I'd appreciate someone on speaking terms with him directing him here), and I'm not going to repeat this on the SSL forums since I only have the will to type it once, but:

Wasniahc, you pissed me off majorly. More than many people have. You've annoyed or upset my friends, my guildmates, and people I respect. But I don't like being so at odds with other people, especially when that person has, despite their behaviour, proven that they ARE an intelligent person. I'm willing to forget pretty much all of what's past and be civil if you are.
I apologise for sticking my oar in on the subject of trade channel spam, I was largely just venting and it was a pretty poor judgement call on my part. I apologise if anyone in my guild has ever spread lies about you being a ninja and suchlike; they're my guild members, my responsibility, and I'm sorry if it's happened. I apologise for anytime I called you "Chainsaw" in spite, it was rather childish on my part.
I'm more than willing to be civil. I'm willing to be on talking terms. Hell, if you've improved as an RPer the way I've heard, I'm willing to RP with you. I just hope that you're mature and man enough to do the same, or at least come to a compromise.
If you want to talk, I should have taken you off ignore on most/all of my characters. In case I forget and haven't, get someone to poke me and take it off.

Alright, speech/venting over. I need a cuppa... and good Loa, long post is long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.umbrael.com
Tivak

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:06 pm

He openly admits to using the Trade channel to support his own little "social circle" because the "general" channel doesn't reach enough people (as in truly it doesn't inflate his ego if enough people can read his irrelevant bulls...)
This means the people who Genuinely want to use the trade channel for legitimate trade purposes cant because he is "discussing music" on it.

He fills all chat with his crap about whatever it is he feels the whim to discuss. He attempts to flame anyone who asks him to stop.

read this thread:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=5640245168&sid=1&pageNo=3

If you look at the back and forth replies it pretty much sums up his attitude of "omg I cant do wrong"
Read my reply to him and my reply to it as it pretty much sums up his attitude. Yes I was overly aggressive in my post but read his "Devil may care about anyone else" kinda attitude.
He isn't worth licking the s*** off Opathu's boots.

To quote him:
"due to one idiot who loves the sound of his own voice and who -believes- people actually want to read his mindless trash. " (That was my quote so he is quoting me here -Tivak) Yes, because obviously me conversing with other people is nothing but "loving the sound of my own voice", believes? Hmm, to be quite honest, I see more people who like me on this server than I do that hate me. Even on the forums. "mindless trash" well, if you actually read anything at all that I talked about, you'd see very much different. Things such as the large hadron collider, tastes in music, warlock specc's (Usually for people who actually ask about them first), pvp balance, is all obviously mindless drivel/trash.

All of the above in a channel designed to help people find buyers or goods of their services.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lamost

Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:35 pm

Guess i was too busy to notice his banter in trade which i have to say could be quite funny and other times i have no idea what he's on about. I really didn't mind when i played and don't think i ever will i more of an AH guy so Trade has never really come into play...So i just used to talk crap with him a few times i like him Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Tivak

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Mon Sep 15, 2008 8:36 pm

Lamost wrote:
Guess i was too busy to notice his banter in trade which i have to say could be quite funny and other times i have no idea what he's on about. I really didn't mind when i played and don't think i ever will i more of an AH guy so Trade has never really come into play...So i just used to talk crap with him a few times i like him Smile

Well thing is if you are looking for something like a Belt Of Blasting or if you an enchanter or service based tradeskill person. Then you cannot attempt to sell your wares simply because he is too busy talking and people are leaving the chat channel because of it.

Imagine the frustration if you low on gold and say:

"Enchanter LF work - Has Mongoose"

And your message is up for less than 15 seconds because of some discussion he is having about warlock specs. Its unfair on the traders and he admits to it and doesn't care about doing so. That alone is reason enough for me to dislike him. His complete disrespect to other peoples needs as well as game mechanics is unacceptable.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:00 am

I don't see the logic in leaving trade channel to get rid of him when you can simply put him on ignore instead?
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:04 am

Ryleen wrote:
I don't see the logic in leaving trade channel to get rid of him when you can simply put him on ignore instead?

For the simple reason that people respond to him,

1.) Spammer says something
2.) 5 people react

If you put the spammer on ignore, you'll still have the people reacting to him/her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vypra
Admin

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:07 am

Morgalyen wrote:
Ryleen wrote:

2.) 5 people react

If you put the spammer on ignore, you'll still have the people reacting to him/her.

^ this Razz

Tivak

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:38 am

Morgalyen wrote:
Ryleen wrote:

2.) 5 people react

That
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lithaella

Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:10 pm

Tivak wrote:
{...}or if you an enchanter or service based tradeskill person. Then you cannot attempt to sell your wares simply because he is too busy talking and people are leaving the chat channel because of it.

Imagine the frustration if you low on gold and say:

"Enchanter LF work - Has Mongoose"

And your message is up for less than 15 seconds because of some discussion{...}

Quoted for truth, although I have to say that the actual traders who use multi-line text-heavy macros to spam their wares into trade chat have often been more detrimental to my efforts than conversations in there. I mostly complained about or to the people chatting there because they were an easier "target"; complaining to people for using Trade for it's actual purpose isn't exactly sensible, even if they were denying me the ability to sell Mongoose enchants (or any other enchants, for that matter). Largely because of that spam, I gave up and just let word of mouth spread the fact that I could do Mongoose and didn't charge as much as normal for it, worked reasonably well.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.umbrael.com
Tivak

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:21 pm

Lithaella wrote:

Quoted for truth, although I have to say that the actual traders who use multi-line text-heavy macros to spam their wares into trade chat have often been more detrimental to my efforts than conversations in there. I mostly complained about or to the people chatting there because they were an easier "target"; complaining to people for using Trade for it's actual purpose isn't exactly sensible, even if they were denying me the ability to sell Mongoose enchants (or any other enchants, for that matter). Largely because of that spam, I gave up and just let word of mouth spread the fact that I could do Mongoose and didn't charge as much as normal for it, worked reasonably well.

True but now why should you have to forsake a legitmate game mechanic setup specifically for you to use because one guy likes to support his little "social circle" on the trade channel. Its no excuse.

His spamming of trade channel with crap unrelated to trade is inexcusable. It shouldn't be allowed as it damages this mechanic for other people. End of story.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:23 pm

Trade spam is serious business.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow   

Back to top Go down

Looking for some info on this Wasniahc fellow
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1