We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Announcement]A warning about my Guild

Go down 
+4
Xariandra
Ryleen
Vypra
Seidra
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Seidra

Seidra

Number of posts : 138
Registration date : 2008-06-23

[Announcement]A warning about my Guild Empty
PostSubject: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 9:53 pm

Hi everyone as you know I have created a new RP guild..Actually it has been a month now I guess..

My aim was to interest people to RP and to "if possible" teach them the basics of it..

I must say I have found lots of nice people and some of them are about to turn "hardcore" Smile

But as you may have noticed not everyone has the patiance or the interest...

So some people have joined my guild that turned out to be jerks..I appologize for this..

I know that the Reputation of my guild is being destroyed by them but there is nothing I can do.If I want to teach people basics of RP I have to use very cheap recruitment methods..I want to thank everyone that warned about those characters...

I appologize for this..

I also have some newbies that may lack the basics in RP..In this case I want to kindly ask you to help them when you encounter some of them..

As I said The Scarlet Moon is eager to RP with other guilds and join events...And we also would like to encourage people to join our events..

((btw sorry Vypra, I didnt know where to create this topic >.< I hope this one is the right one ^^ Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:13 pm

Not a problem at all Seidra. I just wish you had done it sooner if the rep of your guild is suffering.

Its good that somebody has time and patience to give new rpers a home. I just have one request. If you could encourage your people to register here so they can introduce themselves and ask any questions they might have, it would probably give them an easier time as we know before we git in game to give them a little more slack Wink

Also...bring more people to the Broken Keel! the more they get to see ppl rp-ing the better and the keel was always intended to be a place for new ppl to pop along for a bit and see how its done (and in some cases, how not to do it!! Wink ).

Keep up the good work...we'll try make SSL into that rp heaven ppl keep going on about Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:15 pm

Oh, this explains a lot. Smile I admire your patience in doing this, I have lately found myself with less and less patience for newbies/others with less experience or talent for rp. I will try to keep this in mind when dealing with Scarlet Moon members.
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyWed Aug 20, 2008 10:28 pm

Allright Vypra the link of the forums are now on the Guild message of the Day clown
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 3:57 am

I think Seidra is an example to every single RPer. The RP community of SSL is filled with way too much hate and conflicts while the RP community is already a minority trying to struggle against all the OOC kiddies. Me and Pilus have done a lot of "cleaning up" on alliance and have resolved most things diplomaticly and "made people friends".

However, Seidra goes even a step further, making an entire guild just for taking in players who dont RP just because of the conflicts and elitist players, and instead teach them in a friendly way and make them capable RPers.

You have earned a very high spot of respect for me, Seidra, and I find your work better than any RP guild out there. Good luck with the guild, and don't forget, just PM me on the forum or so when you need me for something on Ard.
Back to top Go down
Tivak

Tivak

Number of posts : 182
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 6:55 am

hmm..

Well Seidra I think its admirable what you are doing.
I think..and this is just a thought.
I think what you should do is get all your members on flag rsp and ask them to put a thing in their flag about being new and looking for help/advice. I think anyone who labels an entire guild ((OOc that is)) as bad roleplayers because of one poor sod needs to try do some recruiting.

Also. What I think you could do as well is quite simply. Ask the RP community at large to "commend" individuals on good roleplay. I met one of yours who particularly impressed me. A troll hunter with a spider pet called "besse" I think (an orange spider). He RP'd very well with my waiter and played getting drunk to an acceptable level and did a little IC flirting but nothing serious. He kept going to check on his pet which impressed me. He didn't RP an incredible hunter of extreme prowess as most rp'rs starting out tend to (he was level 28 something I think?).
For recruiting. I would say invite them to the keel and see how they do. It wont take long to establish if they gonna credit your guild or embarress it. Best advice I can offer Smile

O yes! and a belf female? Named quinnie I think? meh? not sure.

She gave my waitress a massage which I thought was like a breath of fresh air in terms of RP. Kudos to those two!
no kudos to seidra..he critted Tivak too hard Sad

Last edited by Tivak on Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 7:30 am

I can only add that i have rp-ed with Scarlet Moon members as well and noticed some people who enjoy it and can do it right without going into power rp. Also i have noticed some newcomers but who where ready to learn how to rp properly so people take them serious.

Well as you may know Seidra you can count on Shadowtroll IC and OOC Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 9:51 am

Tivak wrote:
hmm..

Well Seidra I think its admirable what you are doing.
I think..and this is just a thought.
I think what you should do is get all your members on flag rsp and ask them to put a thing in their flag about being new and looking for help/advice. I think anyone who labels an entire guild ((OOc that is)) as bad roleplayers because of one poor sod needs to try do some recruiting.

Also. What I think you could do as well is quite simply. Ask the RP community at large to "commend" individuals on good roleplay. I met one of yours who particularly impressed me. A troll hunter with a spider pet called "besse" I think (an orange spider). He RP'd very well with my waiter and played getting drunk to an acceptable level and did a little IC flirting but nothing serious. He kept going to check on his pet which impressed me. He didn't RP an incredible hunter of extreme prowess as most rp'rs starting out tend to (he was level 28 something I think?).
For recruiting. I would say invite them to the keel and see how they do. It wont take long to establish if they gonna credit your guild or embarress it. Best advice I can offer Smile

O yes! and a belf female? Named quinnie I think? meh? not sure.

She gave my waitress a massage which I thought was like a breath of fresh air in terms of RP. Kudos to those two!
no kudos to seidra..he critted Tivak too hard Sad

awww Smile *soothe* yep I told some members to get flagrsp but I will create a topic today in my forums how they can improve themselves more... I will also link the site to "FlagRSP" and stuff ... Also we plan to make some guild partys in the Keel... I remember us going there a few times and getting drunk and starting to flirt wit each other *giggle*..

Thanks guys for your advices and possitive comments and critics Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 10:05 am

Btw, also suggest ImmersionRP. In my opinion, a much nicer addon than flagrsp2, and they're fully compatible with eachother. Smile
Back to top Go down
Seidra

Seidra

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 4:40 pm

Ryleen wrote:
Btw, also suggest ImmersionRP. In my opinion, a much nicer addon than flagrsp2, and they're fully compatible with eachother. Smile
aah whats the difference between the two addons?
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 5:02 pm

I prefer the interface of ImmersionRP, it's prettier and easier to navigate. It also has a few extra features, such as a quick link to hide/show helm and cloak, a customizable friendslist, where you can add both individuals and whole guilds, mark them as friends or enemies and something more.. I don't use the friendslist myself, though.
Back to top Go down
Dracanos

Dracanos

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptyThu Aug 21, 2008 8:23 pm

I think what your doing Seidra is a great thing, just what we need to boost the numbers in our RP community and you have alot of respect from me for doing so. If you need a hand I would be more than happy to help out on an alt and help teach them about the adventurous and exiting world of aar pee.

Keep up the good work and I'll be lenient as possible when I see Scarlet Moon. : )
Back to top Go down
http://hos.ownbb.com/index.php
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild EmptySun Aug 24, 2008 6:11 am

Just popping in to say that I agree that ImmersionRP is the better one of the two. Easier and better looking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Announcement]A warning about my Guild   [Announcement]A warning about my Guild Empty

Back to top Go down

[Announcement]A warning about my Guild
Page 1 of 1