We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Want to know about SSL? Read here....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Want to know about SSL? Read here.... Empty
PostSubject: Want to know about SSL? Read here....   Want to know about SSL? Read here.... EmptyTue May 06, 2008 7:52 am

[Posted by Gurfang]

Ok, with the increase of the "What's this server like?" and "Thinking of transferring here..." threads, I thought it might be an idea to have a thread talking about Scarshield Legion and what you can expect here. So, here goes:

I can't really speak for the Alliance as I mainly play Horde atm, but there appears to be a lot of new RP growth with the formation of the Stormwind Council. There are several RP guilds and guild who openly encourage RP involved and it seems to be going well.
Alliance have 1 guild who have completed all raid content up to and including Illidan and a couple of other guilds progressing well.
Alliance PVP appears to be more of a personal thing (can't think of any PVP guilds off hand) apart from when a raiding guild decides to take their raid to take out a faction leader.

Horde side RP is in a slight lull at the moment. There are, however, 2 solid and reasonably big groups of people RPing and a few other, smaller guilds/groups looking to keep up the fine tradition that has been set in the past. There is also a "Goblin run" newspaper written by various members from an RP coalition called the Blood Pact and an OOC channel for RPers.
Horde have the most progressed guild on the server, Aftermath, and also the third-most progressed guild, both of whom have killed Illidan. There are also a few other guilds progressing well.
Horde have the only PVP-oriented guild (that I know of) on the server, RONIN, who are well respected for their battleground and arena teams. World PVP appears to be slightly less popular (in terms of raids on cities) from the Horde side, but people are always willing if someone starts to organise one.

In general this server is a vary friendly one and always welcoming of players who have a more mature outlook on life. Obviously, like all servers, we have our fair share of idiots, bots and gold sellers but they are vastly outnumbered by our population of good players. We DO have some problems around queues for the battlegrounds due to our battle group, Ruin, being made up of only 4 servers. However, no matter how much we moan, we still love our little piece of heaven that we call home.

Health warning:
Once you join, you'll never want to leave!!!

Last edited by Vypra on Thu Aug 05, 2010 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Want to know about SSL? Read here....   Want to know about SSL? Read here.... EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:04 pm

[by Vypra]

I have posted on the RP forum that newcomers to the server may join the horde-side OOC channel /plague.

I would like to explain that /plague IS NOT an lfrp channel!

It IS a channel that has grown from one guild's ooc chat channel into a loose group of freinds who use it to keep in touch, invite each other to events and sometimes, just go spam crazy at each other to blow off steam.

In my opinion, it also a great way to get to know a large group of the horde-side rp-freindly players on SSL.
(Note: not all players in /plague are Rpers, but they are rp-freindly)

There is an lfrp channel available for brainstorming/ advertising rp events if /plague is not to your taste. As of the present moment, it is woefully underused. However, steps are being taken to rectify this and i will update this post as and when things improve.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: Want to know about SSL? Read here....   Want to know about SSL? Read here.... EmptyThu May 15, 2008 5:07 pm

[the alliance overveiw by Xariandra]

Hello and welcome to Scarshield Legion.

Firstly, I'll say that occasionally good RP actually -can- be found in Goldshire! Believe it or not, it is in this feared town my career as an acolyte of the Scourge, all the way to my current position started! If you really want RP, you should check if there is some decent RPers in Goldshire. Look around for a few minutes. If there's the usual vampires, demons and such, go search in Stormwind. The Blue Recluse in Mage Quarter would be a good bet.

Concerning politics and : Just a few weeks ago, we set up a Stormwind Council, this is not a guild but simply a group of IC Stormwind councillors who were elected with voting (There were a total of 200 votes I believe) who come together every Sunday at 20:00 and discuss things and make decisions. Disguised, I'm part of the Council aswell Smile

As for guilds, here's a list of those I know personally and their description:

Cult of the Thuzadin: I'm the leader of this one, it's about the only evil guild on SSL atm which doesn't do pointless evil things like biting off kitten heads in goldshire and claims power over everything. We are like a second Cult of the Damned, but for Stormwind. More info: http://thescourge.forumotion.com

Stormwind Militia: One of the oldest RP guilds of the realm, the GM of this guild, a really nice guy which I know personally, has written an unique addon just for the guild involving being on duty in the Kingdom. More info: http://swmilitia.forumotion.com/

Silverwing Outrunners: Also quite an old RP guild I think, again with a great GM which I know personally. Tbh I don't know exactly what their goal is, but they cooperate with Stormwind Militia and other guilds in something called The United Alliance, which takes on fights with big threats. Don't know website.

The Crimson Eagle: Another old RP guild, they RP the elite guard of Stormwind and are very organised. Also part of the united alliance, als don't know the site.

The Raven Knights: An RP guild, no clue what exactly they do Razz

The Covenant: RP-PvE guild, however it basicly died by now, I used to be in it when I was still a good girl IC, more then a year ago xD Great GM.

Burning Sky Quadron: They RP sky-pirates in Outland, great and funny GM ^^

The Unholy Crusade: also an evil RP guild, however this one is about completely dead I think, like.. a few inactive members? Mentioned it because it's quite an old one too ^^

Decimator: This guild is.. quite mysterious. Also evil I guess, but I don't know a lot about it, nor do many people xD

Order of Illumination: Paladin RP guild afaik, not much I know about it.

Keepers of Frostmourne: People who want to claim Frostmourne and protect it so none can be corrupted by the evil runeblade again. Don't know website.

Well that's about it I think... Hope that helped
Back to top Go down
Xariandra

Xariandra

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: Want to know about SSL? Read here....   Want to know about SSL? Read here.... EmptyThu Jun 26, 2008 3:32 pm

hehe thanks a lot Vypra, you make me feel very appreciated by using that post of me ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to know about SSL? Read here....   Want to know about SSL? Read here.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Want to know about SSL? Read here....
Page 1 of 1