We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Scarlet Bonfire - by Algorath

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

The Scarlet Bonfire - by Algorath Empty
PostSubject: The Scarlet Bonfire - by Algorath   The Scarlet Bonfire - by Algorath EmptySun May 04, 2008 12:06 pm

Nightfall in Tirisfal Glades, the howling wind from the north sea the only noise filling the air, from all around the forests a living, flickering flame can be seen from the north east, from the Scarlet Monastery.

Algorath walks from the inside of the Monastery outside to the courtyard with a short sword in both his hands, laying eyes over the masses of Scarlets surrounding the bonfire. Some lost in thought gazing into the flames, others idlely talking.

Good evening Scarlets, I have called you together today for a moments sanctuary. One moment of long overdue peace. This flame burns as a symbol, for many reasons, dependant on each and every one of you fine soldiers. But mainly it burns for the reason we all still stand side by side after all these years under the same banner.. For our loss.

Silence falls over the lands around the Monastery causing the howling wind throughout the trees to seem louder as attention turns to the flames and to Highlord Algorath rather than the surroundings.

After these years, we still wear the Scarlet Flame to stay true to our cause, to honor and uphold the past, and to pay the greatest gratitude to those we have lost..
We have all sacrificed so much in these years, yet. Every new loss pains as much as the very first.. Still, we withstand the blows valiantly and pursue our cause, and for that. I salute you all.

Algorath lets go of the blade to hold it in one hand and raises his hand to salute the Scarlets, the deed is returned by all nearly instantly.

Late events have caused me to ponder though, our cause is righteous, yet we are forgetting it. Blinded by Zealotry and Bloodlust we seem to forget the reason we fight, and just fight. Remember Scarlets, we fight for these lands, to redeem those we have lost and grant our families a home.

I have lost someone very dear to me.. It has opened my eyes to my mistake, my mistake being that I was blinded by the goal to a point that I no longer cared who I had to pain, as long as judgement came.. This lesson is one I have learnt too late, as her heart had become as cold as Naxxramas itself.

Algorath walks toward the bonfire, kneeling and laying the small blade down neatly, a scarlet ribbon attached to the shaft. "Deacon Antonius Aegwynn". He backs off from the flames and looks around with red eyes.

I ask you Scarlets, to learn from my mistakes to take my example. Do not let this war consume you, we are all but mortals. Mortals with love, love that has powered us for all these years.. cherish this, for without our love for Lordaeron, or our love for our families lost to our enemies and the love for those who help rebuild our families, then we would surely have fallen long ago, or even fled from our homes..

The Scarlets begin to kneel to their Highlord as he speaks.

I want you to think about my words, Scarlets. And sacrifice something to the flames, to honour those that have sacrificed so much for us, for the light, for our families and for Lordaeron!

Algorath looks up at the dark Tirisfalen sky.

I also wish to ask the gods to let her hear me.. Let me have peace with her, not so I can tell her I love her, for if I did she would not believe me, I simply wish to thank her.

He kneels down, laying two fingers on the blade.

Farewell, Hafwen, I wish to thank you for everything you have done for me, for making me feel something other than my desire for vengeance, for being there for me when I first came to stormwind, for not shunning me because of my Tabard like so many others, throughout the years I have grown to love you dearly. When I close my eyes and think of you, i still remember everything, every moment we spent together in Azeroth.. You opened my eyes and let me see the wrongs in my ways, you disregarded your own wellbeing for my happiness.. I am sorry that it took your life for me to realise how important you are to me.. You will always be in my heart. Yours Truely, Highlord Algorath Aegwynn.

Algorath rises to his feet, his eyes full of tears as he walks backwards a few steps before turning around and walking toward the Monastery. The Scarlets slowly begin to tread closer to the fire, laying jewelry, weapons and tabards by the fire, honouring the dead.

The Silence in Tirisfal shortly after is broken by all the bells of the Cathedral ringing late at night.
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

The Scarlet Bonfire - by Algorath
Page 1 of 1