We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips Empty
PostSubject: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 am

Brings a smile to my face Laughing

Why working from home is awesome and horrible:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/working_home

4 reasons to carry a shovel:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/shovel

How Twilight works (an old one, but funny):

http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

You can view the rest at:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh, Iīm a long time fan of that site.. Itīs the only one where I can find out that I can survive 6 seconds after kicking a grizzly bear in the nuts.. xD
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:13 pm

heh the one about working from home sounded disturbingly familiar Smile
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:01 pm

Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips Awkward_movies

This has happened so much I've tried to force myself to only say "thanks" in other situations, to help me from saying it in those situations. It's the same thing with "enjoy your meal", etc.

PS. Pet peeve of mine, don't take offense.
Daidrax wrote:
Oh, Iīm a long time fan of that site.. Itīs the only one where I can find out that I can survive 6 seconds after kicking a grizzly bear in the nuts.. xD
When forming contractions or indicating possession you're using the acute accent (the one next to the backspace button methinks) when you should be using the apostrophe (non-shift [*]-button).

Sorry... *hides*
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Leaf wrote:

Daidrax wrote:
When forming contractions or indicating possession you're using the acute accent (the one next to the backspace button methinks) when you should be using the apostrophe (non-shift [*]-button).

Sorry... *hides*

On a swedish keyboard... God knows where to find it on a slovak keyboard. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Snicka wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Daidrax wrote:

Sorry... *hides*

On a swedish keyboard... God knows where to find it on a slovak keyboard. Razz

*sigh* I know that. The problem is that if I want to do an apostrophe on a slovak keyboard, I have to press shift+alt twice to switch it to english, then do the apostrophe, then switch back to slovak, again by pressing shift+alt twice.
I know youīll say I could just type using the english version of the keyboard, but I usualy talk to multiple people (slovak and english), which means I need to use specific slovak letters that the english keyboard doesnīt have.
So itīs MUCH easier to just press ī and space to make this mark instead.

Iīm not an english moron.. I know that ī is not an apostrophe, I simply refuse to go through all that trouble to make one tiny mark, which I can easily replace anyway. So.. I hope youīre satisfied..
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I fail to see where I called you a moron of any kind. Seriously, if people are going to take offense to small correction, whether warranted due to ignorace or not, I might just scratch the humble approach. I mean, you did read the part where I said sorry and added the retreat, i.e. pulling my tail behind my legs. -_-
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Leaf, youīre an idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Leaf wrote:
I fail to see where I called you a moron of any kind. Seriously, if people are going to take offense to small correction, whether warranted due to ignorace or not, I might just scratch the humble approach. I mean, you did read the part where I said sorry and added the retreat, i.e. pulling my tail behind my legs. -_-

I think you misunderstood. I never said that you called me a moron, and I didnīt take it that way. I didnīt take offence, I just happened to use that word when explaining, it wasnīt aimed at you.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 am

Quintilius wrote:
Leaf, youīre an idiot.
;D

Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips Fd37aa97

Daidrax wrote:
I think you misunderstood. I never said that you called me a moron, and I didnīt take it that way. I didnīt take offence, I just happened to use that word when explaining, it wasnīt aimed at you.
Alright.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips Empty

Back to top Go down

Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips
Page 1 of 1