We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Opathu

avatar

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:00 am

Brings a smile to my face Laughing

Why working from home is awesome and horrible:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/working_home

4 reasons to carry a shovel:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/shovel

How Twilight works (an old one, but funny):

http://theoatmeal.com/story/twilight

You can view the rest at:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:16 pm

Oh, Iīm a long time fan of that site.. Itīs the only one where I can find out that I can survive 6 seconds after kicking a grizzly bear in the nuts.. xD
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

avatar

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:13 pm

heh the one about working from home sounded disturbingly familiar Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leaf

avatar

Number of posts : 857
Age : 33
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:01 pm



This has happened so much I've tried to force myself to only say "thanks" in other situations, to help me from saying it in those situations. It's the same thing with "enjoy your meal", etc.

PS. Pet peeve of mine, don't take offense.
Daidrax wrote:
Oh, Iīm a long time fan of that site.. Itīs the only one where I can find out that I can survive 6 seconds after kicking a grizzly bear in the nuts.. xD
When forming contractions or indicating possession you're using the acute accent (the one next to the backspace button methinks) when you should be using the apostrophe (non-shift [*]-button).

Sorry... *hides*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snicka

avatar

Number of posts : 1229
Age : 31
Location : Budapest, Hungary
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:55 pm

Leaf wrote:

Daidrax wrote:
Oh, Iīm a long time fan of that site.. Itīs the only one where I can find out that I can survive 6 seconds after kicking a grizzly bear in the nuts.. xD
When forming contractions or indicating possession you're using the acute accent (the one next to the backspace button methinks) when you should be using the apostrophe (non-shift [*]-button).

Sorry... *hides*

On a swedish keyboard... God knows where to find it on a slovak keyboard. Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 pm

Snicka wrote:
Leaf wrote:

Daidrax wrote:
Oh, Iīm a long time fan of that site.. Itīs the only one where I can find out that I can survive 6 seconds after kicking a grizzly bear in the nuts.. xD
When forming contractions or indicating possession you're using the acute accent (the one next to the backspace button methinks) when you should be using the apostrophe (non-shift [*]-button).

Sorry... *hides*

On a swedish keyboard... God knows where to find it on a slovak keyboard. Razz

*sigh* I know that. The problem is that if I want to do an apostrophe on a slovak keyboard, I have to press shift+alt twice to switch it to english, then do the apostrophe, then switch back to slovak, again by pressing shift+alt twice.
I know youīll say I could just type using the english version of the keyboard, but I usualy talk to multiple people (slovak and english), which means I need to use specific slovak letters that the english keyboard doesnīt have.
So itīs MUCH easier to just press ī and space to make this mark instead.

Iīm not an english moron.. I know that ī is not an apostrophe, I simply refuse to go through all that trouble to make one tiny mark, which I can easily replace anyway. So.. I hope youīre satisfied..
Back to top Go down
Leaf

avatar

Number of posts : 857
Age : 33
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I fail to see where I called you a moron of any kind. Seriously, if people are going to take offense to small correction, whether warranted due to ignorace or not, I might just scratch the humble approach. I mean, you did read the part where I said sorry and added the retreat, i.e. pulling my tail behind my legs. -_-
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Sun Sep 05, 2010 4:24 pm

Leaf, youīre an idiot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:50 pm

Leaf wrote:
I fail to see where I called you a moron of any kind. Seriously, if people are going to take offense to small correction, whether warranted due to ignorace or not, I might just scratch the humble approach. I mean, you did read the part where I said sorry and added the retreat, i.e. pulling my tail behind my legs. -_-

I think you misunderstood. I never said that you called me a moron, and I didnīt take it that way. I didnīt take offence, I just happened to use that word when explaining, it wasnīt aimed at you.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

avatar

Number of posts : 857
Age : 33
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:05 am

Quintilius wrote:
Leaf, youīre an idiot.
;D



Daidrax wrote:
I think you misunderstood. I never said that you called me a moron, and I didnīt take it that way. I didnīt take offence, I just happened to use that word when explaining, it wasnīt aimed at you.
Alright.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips   

Back to top Go down
 
Cheering up: The Oatmeal comic strips
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» The Farside - comic strips
» Funny comic strips
» Comic Strips Thread
» Comic Related Statues and Busts
» Time Paradox - part 0.0037 (comic attemp #1)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: