We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok Empty
PostSubject: The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok   The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:21 am

((copied from: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=14469336865&sid=1 - Vyp))

The day was humid and the sun's rays were beaming down, hitting us like a hail of burning arrows. The plans and preparations were taken care of in a prompt briefing given by Overseer Krathok, and we set out on our venture towards the lands to the east. The Shimmering Flats.

I was sent ahead to scout the area not far from the borders of the Shimmering Flats, only to be found sprinting back, yelling "To arms!" as my back was pierced by an arrow, i stumbled to the ground afoot of the Korkron company. I was swiftly taken care of by Enapay and sprung to my feet. Meek and dark horse-like figures were emerging from the cold, grey mists in the distance, dark sillhouettes could just about be made out amidts the fog. Spears wavering, banners flying, axes and halberds cutting through the bleak and timid air as the marauding centaur approached the company of Korkron.

The battle hardened orcs readied their blades and stood firm, arrows whistling past their heads and piercing their shields. As the wretched centaur charged against the thin line of orcs, the brave Korkron soldiers lept forth in a counter-charge, smashing skulls, chopping limbs and rending flesh, the centaurs' ranks were weakened. After intimidating battle cries from the venerated orcish warriors, the centaur began to fall back and retreat, however, this did not prevent an arrow from sallying out of the mist and hitting my brother, Krathok in the chest, however with the aid of Enapay, he was tended to quickly.

I would not let the pain of my brother go unpunished, i readied an arrow and shot the damned centaur scout in the chest before it could let loose another arrow upon us. We took a quick breather and pressed onwards to the east.

This is the account of Grothok "The Merciless". I will report on my next encounter -Report end-

((edit: added line breaks to improve readability))
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok   The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 2:36 pm

The sky darkened as did the Kor'Krons' spirits, the fog had enroached the sky as they entered the pale wastes of The Shimmering Flats. Amidts the fog the outline of a tent and a Horde banner could be seen. As they entered the small encampment, they were given the honor of an Orcish welcome: a large pot of Boar Stew to warm their stomachs and their spirits. The orcs residing in the encampment seemed reluctant to throw them any questions that would result in a straight answer, they seemed weary and disturbed as their expected convoy of trade goods had been delayed for no less than four sun downs.

As the Kor'Kron waited and endured the Bladewind's hospitality, Grothok felt a cold, malace in the air. He distanced himself from the rest of the group to inspect the ground a few metres from the camp, jamming his knife into the earth and pressing his ear to the hilt listening intently, he heard the thundering of horses galloping wildly, trembling the very foundations of the earth in which he laid upon. After reporting to the Overseer what he had discovered, the company of Korkron were sent out swiftly to scout the southern reaches of the salt flats, only to come across a plundered and ravaged convoy of wagons and cargo...the same convoy they had been expecting for a long time. After inspecting the wasted convoy for clues at to what had occured there, the wise tauren Enapay suggested they head for the nearby Goblin settlement, just north of the ruined convoy, in hope that they may find answers.

Overseer Krathok and Warbringer Kuruk, accompanied by Grokk, Grothok, Enapay and Malgrok, came across a shifty Goblin businessman as they entered the polluted, grim goblin town. Krathok promptly approached the goblin and the sly little creature was foolish enough to reveal a crate marked with an Explorer's League insignia. The crate was quickly opened and a map was revealed, upon this map a location was pin-pointed...the location marked was just south of the goblin settlement, not five miles apart. Grothok and Grokk were sent down to scout the area, they rode off into the grey mists of the thick sandstorm...

This is the account of Grothok "The Merciless". I will report on my next encounter. -Report end-
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

The Plight of The Shimmering Flats - By Grothok
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: The SSL-WoW Archive :: IC Archive :: Our Stories-
Jump to: