We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rithos

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event) Empty
PostSubject: Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event)   Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 6:58 pm

Finally, after months of preparing, the goods and equipment finally reached the Tournament Grounds. Rithos took a long deep sigh. At last the joust could be held.

A week later.

The competetors had arrived, a few spectators watching. The not-so-well organization had begun. The banners were held up, and soon the joust would begin.

A determined shout was heard.
"Those who will attend the competition for glory and wealth, step up and form a line in front of me." It was Blood Lord Turidas.
Five men stepped up. Among them were three elves, a troll, a forsaken.
The spectators applauded. Looking around him, Rithos could allmost only see elves from his own organization, though there were still some orcs and taurens sitting on a few crates a little further away from the audience.

A row of duels were fought. The expectations and enthusiasm was high. Cheers and applauds were thrown, but Rithos only recognized his comrades' voices.

The winners announced, and the prizes were given. The cheers were not as convincing anymore, and there was still only Sin'Dorei voices heard.

Next time, we will have more, Rithos thought to himself.

Information:
We are attempting to host an open RP event every last Monday of the month. It has gone well, but we still lack a little in attenders (Especially from the orcs ^^ )

It is based of an Joust, where attenders will represent their city/organization, and fight for a given amount of gold, depending on how many attends. It is held at the Argent Tournament, usually at 19:00 Server time. Everyone are welcome.

We are experimenting a little with prices, and ways to do it. We are hopefully going to attempt get a betting system, for those who IC, or OOC wise are unable to fight, due to lack of skill or IC personality of this sort.

The prize pot has been in the 400 gold area, but with perhaps new entree fees and possible betting system, we will be able to raise it a little.

Suggestions are always welcome Smile
Back to top Go down
Rithos

PostSubject: Ideas for the Money   Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:14 pm

I personally am thinking about things we can change to this event.
Competition
So far the entree fee has been low (at 2 or 5 gold) and the fight prize has been accounted by the guild or the hoster themselves.

For future jousts I am thinking a letter is sent on before hand, telling you want to join, included 75 gold.
For every player that attends Sang Real will provide 25 gold, making the pot 100 gold per player.
Furthermore, if players decide to enter in the last minute, they will have to pay the full 100 gold themselves.
(MAYBE PLUS a bonus from the betting system)
This makes a large sum of money, without Sang Real having to go bank rupt.

Refunds are possible but not up to 100% due to that then you may join, then when you find out that Chuck Norris is attending, you will think "No way I am gonna beat Chuck Norris" And you will get yer money back.

I was thinking send a letter requesting the money back and 50 gold will be refunded. If you withdraw at the event, you will have 25 gold refunded. If you do not attend, you will get no refunds.

The prize will be shared on the top three winners,
1. place gets 50% of the prize
2. place gets 35%
3. place gets 15%
Betting System
I am thinking about making it like this.

Bets will be put into a fund, with a trustable fellow. There will be a maximum bet, so again Sang Real won't go bank rupt.
There will be a maximum of three bets on each competetor, so that Sang Real won't go bank rupt. Razz
If your bet wins 1. place, you will get allmost 200% of the gold you betted.
I feel 5% should go to the winner, because he won for you!
And 5% to Sang Real's system, alas, if you bet 100 gold, and you win, you will win 180 gold.

If you loose, this money will go to the Sang Real fund.
50 % of the remaining pot will go to the BONUS pot of the competition.
and 50% will go to the Sang Real money*
*Though this money will ofcourse come back to the tournament in case for example, we happen to owe gold to the betting system.
Back to top Go down
Rifki

Rifki

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2009-08-12

PostSubject: Re: Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event)   Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event) EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 8:29 pm

I think we need to have a discussion about those new changes before you implement them in the tournament, a'ight? Catch me up on msn or something.
Back to top Go down
Rithos

PostSubject: Re: Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event)   Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event) EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:56 am

Sure just suggestions Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rithos

PostSubject: Today   Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event) EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 4:24 pm

The event is today, hope some people can attend, we have made the time to 18:30 so that we may organize it before we finally start the tournament at 19:00
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event)   Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event) Empty

Back to top Go down

Sang Real Joust (Monthly RP event)
Page 1 of 1