We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What did you do at work today?

Go down 
+4
Tavecy
Snicka
Vexacus
Chowlawu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

What did you do at work today? Empty
PostSubject: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:43 am

What did you do at work today? Dsc_0010What did you do at work today? Dsc_0011

Yes, I made a rubber band ball. I'll try and update this as it grows.

Last edited by Chowlawu on Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:26 pm

Can't be mondays for feeling motivated in work.

Still looks more constructive than my day has been so far. Smile
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 1:30 pm

I am still a student, so I don't have an everyday job - but on the other hand I had one of the craziest exams ever:
one teacher didn't like my recitation, but he didn't want to give me a Fail mark, so he sent me to another teacher, who finally gave me an Excellent mark. My nerves almost burned off inbetween.
Back to top Go down
Tavecy

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-10-30

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Havent had a job in almost 3 years.
That last day of work I came in said I was quitting and sat and talked with a few people for a couple of hours then went home.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 4:14 pm

Today, i have been mostly doing other people's work Razz

...and taking a chunk out of my knuckles while i was at it Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:23 pm

*waits for someone to take a picture of a turd in the work toilet*
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 7:34 pm

Haha that ball is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 8:12 pm

It doubled in size before I left, I'll post another piccer tomorrow if I get enough time Smile
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyMon Jan 18, 2010 11:47 pm

my latest injury Razz

What did you do at work today? Photo0030m
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 1:24 am

vyp was bitten by a vampire, le gasp
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 6:11 am

nah, that's the traditional blood sacrifice to appease the god of the machines Wink
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 am

What did you do at work today? Dsc_0011

There's today's shot. Unfortunately out of elastics now.. Shall I get some colored ones to mix things up, or just keep with the color?

Don't be fooled, check the coin sizes.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 9:30 am

I think Vypra's knuckles are bashed up from doing too much fighting Smile Well, it is Northrend up there which she and Vex lives, ya know Wink That, or she's been using her fist on poor old Vex again ... (hehe)

As for work, I'm typing up a story about a woman who fights for the rights of marginalised children in emergency zones (Burma, Haiti, etc). And just submitted 23,000 words of a proposal on my book about a Belfast priest out in South Africa. -->

Quote :
"Father, Father!" they cry. Everywhere he drives today, across the ochre-coloured roads of Atteridgeville, past the shacks which litter the hillside opposite the hospice, Kieran Creagh is heralded as some kind of saint, a good-luck charm for the people of the township.

Today he sings out another body, a lung cancer victim who has just died in one of the two rooms used for a patient's final moments. His staff join hands and also sing, and prayer is repeated in the local tongue.

"Duumu leyla Laaaa'feyla," the women keen, voices lilting from elderly throats, as the grandchildren of the deceased look on. "Everything is fine."

The priest doubles over coughing for a moment – thanks to his injuries he has been left with the lungs of a 75-year-old – and there is now a nervousness, an anxiety for every unexplained noise that wasn't there before. "The staff took turns to stay with me in the house after I came back," he says, softly. "They always called out 'ko-ko' when they arrived, so I'd know it was one of them."

Last year he faced two of his attackers during a trial which lasted most of 2008. They're now serving 25 years in prison; three others were sentenced for another attack; but the rest are still at large. And just as South Africa prepares to welcome the World Cup next year, it also remains one of the most violent nations on earth. Sexual behaviour has yet to change and it tops the league for sexual violence (rapes).

"I get 60 or 70-year-old women coming in here with AIDS," Creagh continues, speaking sadly. "I'm angry, aye, that the men don't change."

And his anger extends to the Church in Ireland itself and the scandals of its sex abuse years. "We need to mourn as a nation, we need to repent, we need sackcloth and ashes," he claims with some bitterness. "We need our own Wailing Wall or some monument of atonement."

Meanwhile, Creagh looks to his own future with both excitement and uncertainty. A further attack on one of his neighbouring priests, a 76-year-old Irishman, has left him feeling "sickened" – four other Passionist priests have been attacked here in recent months and a nun raped in Botswana – and he admits to feeling more vulnerable since his own shooting.

But Leratong is here to stay, he maintains. "Too much love has gone into it; too much need remains," says the priest, looking out over the crowded valley as the sun dips to the horizon. With that he smiles once more, the years dropping away from care-worn features, and the man everyone here calls simply "The Father" stands and heads out for his evening rounds once again.

Usual stuff eh? (I've travelled out to South Africa and Belfast a few times now to do interviews for this autobiography: above is sample from an article I wrote about this guy. Book will be in first-person i.e. his voice not mine)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:05 am

Wow, even that extract was quite moving. I'll look out for the completed peice Smile
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? EmptyTue Jan 19, 2010 10:40 am

Vypra wrote:
Wow, even that extract was quite moving. I'll look out for the completed peice Smile

I didn't mean it about your hands, of course tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did you do at work today?   What did you do at work today? Empty

Back to top Go down

What did you do at work today?
Page 1 of 1