We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Oh, the drama!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:13 am

I have to say that Iím a bit surprised and disturbed at the recent trend for people, upon finding that others do not agree with their opinions, to take this as a personal insult.

If I cant persuade somebody of my point of view in an argument, sure I throw my hands up and mutter to myself about their obvious mental deficiencies ( Wink ), but I donít get all offended and take it as a sign that theyíre picking on me Razz

Is accepting that others have their own ideas and viewpoint going out of fashion?

Is it really that impossible to get on with somebody who doesnít agree with everything you do and say?

/discuss


PS: pleaseÖdonít quit the forum if I donít agree with any opinions you post Wink

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vexacus

avatar

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:47 am

SHADDAP TART I QUIT OLOLOLLOL
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opathu

avatar

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:23 pm

Yes. But I believe we are living in increasingly "individualised" times, where others (whether car drivers, fellow shoppers, gamers, workers etc) increasingly fail to recognise that we ALL exist as part of a wider community.

My personal bugbear is that I have an office landlord (where I rent a room as an office) who is an absolute c**t. He snaps if you pay a day late; doesn't say hello; shuts your door if you leave it open; snaps at you (again) if you use one of the many unused boxes he leaves lying outside your door; doesn't permit you to get a landline installed (as I'm cash subletting) or simply let you use (pay him) for one of the *four* telephone lines he has; has another tenant who is a painter yet refuses to allow you (or them) to open the windows; complains about you using too much heat (for which you are already paying him!) yet *insists* on leaving the front door to the building open (in case some magical delivery person fails to ring the doorbell and he miss a delivery ... god forbid ^^) during sub-zero weather and despite the risk of criminal activity (people getting inside the building/offices); gets apoplectic with stress and rage if you ask whether you can piggy-back his broadband connection; and more. In short, he is a complete and utter TIT. But I have very little other choice, as there's so little cash-rent space for offices where I live Sad

My point: does it cost so much to be nice to other people? To *empathise* with others? The answer seems to be: yes. We're just concerned about ourselves, like all true narcissists.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:15 pm

Vypra wrote:
I have to say that Iím a bit surprised and disturbed at the recent trend for people, upon finding that others do not agree with their opinions, to take this as a personal insult.

If I cant persuade somebody of my point of view in an argument, sure I throw my hands up and mutter to myself about their obvious mental deficiencies ( Wink ), but I donít get all offended and take it as a sign that theyíre picking on me Razz

Is accepting that others have their own ideas and viewpoint going out of fashion?

Is it really that impossible to get on with somebody who doesnít agree with everything you do and say?

/discuss


PS: pleaseÖdonít quit the forum if I donít agree with any opinions you post Wink

i can only guess that this is aimed at Liontooth and i find this dig at someone rather sad, and by no means am i shocked at it

i (luko) left these forums not because of the reasons you say but because when you say somthing and no one has a come back to prove you wrong, a number of people on here has to attack you in a personnal way be it name calling or taking the piss out of you spelling and gramma, yes i have a problem and have had since i was at school, but have i once spilled my problems out about spelling and grammer on a public forum... no, unlike others here.

as for Liontooth i cant speak for him, other than to say he has not only quit the forums but also lfrp and the boss channel due to the fact he will no long be rp'ing on this second rate rp server, that also goes for my self.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

avatar

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:36 pm

Tbh Luko, you really are a fine one to talk about name calling. Most of your posting starts civil, but if people fail to immediately agree with you you get very aggresive and abusive yourself quickly enough.

I'm certainly not above name calling or trolling myself, but I tend to think of all forum nonsence as just a bit of banter in honesty.

This forum was supposed to be a light hearted place where people could hang out, chat, organise RP, and not be so srs. You don't have to agree with everyone. It's quite possible for people to have vastly different opinions and still have an interesting and lively community.

If people want to delete their accounts thats of course their perogative and no concern of mine. It just seems a little like the old LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING kids stuff.

GL finding a decent RP community... having spent a bit of time on the supposed "bestest rp community" of all, AD (Urgent Porn) server, it's not lost on me that most RP is 2nd rate garbage anyway, regardless of which server you are on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:46 pm

I have no idea what happened, but i've had my share of drama over this game. Mostly i will try to take my point forward but always keeping in mind it's just a game, no point going nerdrage and starting to diss on people, it's a very small chat frame on the corner of the screen and what goes there shouldn't upset people at all...
And as for what Oppy said, times are rough in some places and i suppose persons do tend to turn more aggressive on others as some sort of defense mechanism or as a way of raising walls so you aren't further disturbed behind these walls... it saddens me that it happens, a smile and some sympathethic words go along way i think.

Oerlin wrote:
due to the fact he will no long be rp'ing on this second rate rp server, that also goes for my self.

I do think however that you can spot the little kids and spoiled brats who can't have a "no" or a "i disagree" scrolling down their chat frame, to those i say, grow yourself up, then try to roleplay a character. If you have issues to solve don't bring them to the game.

And truly, if you think this is a second rate rp server then get the hell out mate, we only need the ones who wanna be here.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

avatar

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:33 pm

Well, the game replies and comments I have no idea, as generally I haven't been around or taken part in them. Luko seems like an interesting guy in real life, the sort of bloke I'd probably like to interview (only Vex escapes that one!). On a generic level it can be hard to pull oneself back from getting irate. It's still too difficult in an online medium to cater to all tastes and maturities: without facial recognition, for example, it's very easy to misunderstand what someone means/implies (could it be a joke? or is it a direct threat? etc).

That doesn't stop me getting irate, or pissed off IRL at my crappy landlord, but hey, that's life ... Wink
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Ryleen

avatar

Number of posts : 762
Age : 31
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:45 pm

Do not take this as an attack on any one individual person who's done this... You are all equally childish Wink

http://hibbary.deviantart.com/art/im-leaving-foreverz-37977911
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com
torgadon

avatar

Number of posts : 314
Age : 24
Location : northern ireland-derry
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:51 pm

Drama lama X) *giggles chidlishly*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Estel'wenil

avatar

Number of posts : 55
Age : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:55 pm

One word Ryleen: Awsume
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siheld

avatar

Number of posts : 1446
Age : 25
Location : Holland
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:05 pm

Haha Ryleen, that is win

_________________
Siheld, Puraniel, Rajani, Feanu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hinun



Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:11 pm

I find this thread amusing and sad at the same time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siheld

avatar

Number of posts : 1446
Age : 25
Location : Holland
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Greywolfs can be a pain in the arse.

_________________
Siheld, Puraniel, Rajani, Feanu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hinun



Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:37 pm

Yes, having someone tell you the truth rather than just buttlicking hurts, doesn't it?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:38 pm

Oerlin wrote:
Vypra wrote:
I have to say that Iím a bit surprised and disturbed at the recent trend for people, upon finding that others do not agree with their opinions, to take this as a personal insult.

If I cant persuade somebody of my point of view in an argument, sure I throw my hands up and mutter to myself about their obvious mental deficiencies ( Wink ), but I donít get all offended and take it as a sign that theyíre picking on me Razz

Is accepting that others have their own ideas and viewpoint going out of fashion?

Is it really that impossible to get on with somebody who doesnít agree with everything you do and say?

/discuss


PS: pleaseÖdonít quit the forum if I donít agree with any opinions you post Wink

i can only guess that this is aimed at Liontooth and i find this dig at someone rather sad, and by no means am i shocked at it


Thank you for proving my point so explicitly.

It was not aimed at Lion specifically, though naturally i was very surprised and sad to see him go as I've known and rp-d with him since joining SSL. I think it says more about you that you immediately jump to the conclusion that it was a personal attack on somebody and say you expect something like this.

Quote :
i (luko) left these forums not because of the reasons you say but because when you say somthing and no one has a come back to prove you wrong, a number of people on here has to attack you in a personnal way be it name calling or taking the piss out of you spelling and gramma, yes i have a problem and have had since i was at school, but have i once spilled my problems out about spelling and grammer on a public forum... no, unlike others here.

That happens on all forums. At least here, i do my best to prevent anybody being victimised. However, even my efforts in that regard are subject to my personal viewpoint and so people may argue that i don't do it as well as i could.

Also, just because -you- don't accept a person's argument in a discussion does not mean that they don't have a point. People often resort to name calling when they feel their opinion is being ignored, however wrong that may be.

Quote :
as for Liontooth i cant speak for him, other than to say he has not only quit the forums but also lfrp and the boss channel due to the fact he will no long be rp'ing on this second rate rp server, that also goes for my self.

As Vex says, there's no perfect server for rp. If, as you implied in the rp-pvp event thread on the realm forum, you can't comfortably rp anywhere there are ooc-ers around, then you will never be happy except perhaps in Epilogue (or whatever that private server is called now) but even that has its downsides.

Still, good luck to you both in whatever you decide to do next.

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:44 pm

Hinun wrote:
I find this thread amusing and sad at the same time.

Yes, i was trying to make light of a situation that saddens me.

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:05 pm

@Siheld: i don't think that comment was particularly helpful Razz

and to clarify, when i said
Quote :
...just because -you- don't accept a person's argument ...

I was speaking generally and not referring to Luko specifically

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Mindrathu

avatar

Number of posts : 82
Age : 20
Location : Gallows' End Tavern
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:11 pm

The drama llama is serious win.

But all this "OMG, SUM1 IST IGN0R1N6 MEH QQ" thing is rather childish. I know I've done it myself, but I almost instantly regret it and seriously wish there was a 'delete post' button on WoW aswell as on ze forums. Mad

Seriously, though. If you're going to get in a fit because of jokes, sarcasm or people just not being interested in what you have to say, feel free to whine and moan and QQ, but don't expect anyone to listen. And if you leave, don't make a show and dance out of it, just leave.

Quote :

due to the fact he will no long be rp'ing on this second rate rp server, that also goes for myself.

Feel free to leave. And take the enormous jar of venom dripping off that sentence with you.

On a lighter note: flower Yeeeeeey! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ryleen

avatar

Number of posts : 762
Age : 31
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:49 pm

Why haven't I ever noticed that emote before? It's wonderful! flower flower flower

*runs off giggling to find yet some more rp, and no longer worry about the negativity of others*
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:55 pm

so, yes, to return to the topic

Opathu wrote:
Well, the game replies and comments I have no idea, as generally I haven't been around or taken part in them. Luko seems like an interesting guy in real life, the sort of bloke I'd probably like to interview (only Vex escapes that one!). On a generic level it can be hard to pull oneself back from getting irate. It's still too difficult in an online medium to cater to all tastes and maturities: without facial recognition, for example, it's very easy to misunderstand what someone means/implies (could it be a joke? or is it a direct threat? etc).

That doesn't stop me getting irate, or pissed off IRL at my crappy landlord, but hey, that's life ... Wink

I quite agree...and yet, at the same time, there's an option very few chose to follow. The option of giving it 5 or 10 minutes between reading a post that winds you up and replying.

I started to do this after i made a fool of myself by sending a -very- nasty e-mail to an on-line clothing company. The person that replied was unfailingly polite in explaining to me why the company did what had pissed me off so much. Embarassed

I found that applying the same thing to forum posting has saved me a lot of embarrassment over the years as it gives you time to 1) make sure you didn't misinterpret what was said in the first place, and 2) actually phrase a coherent response that has a greater likelihood of not getting torn to pieces by everybody else Wink

If only i could do the same IRL...i probably wouldn't have gotten in so many fights Razz

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Basslar



Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:43 pm

I really do wish that people would take the time and to actually talk to eachother, and the effort to listen.
Most people in this thread have made very reasonable and well thought through posts, but there are personal attacks as well. To those I'd like to say this:

@ all the people in this thread who had a go at Lion: You seem to forget/fail to see that Lion has worked his ass off to boost/keep up/spread RP on this server. He has NEVER let his personal issues/opinions affect his RP. He is a brilliant RPer who has really put his heart and soul into the RP on SSL, and he has done more for the RP here than any one else I know.

@ all the people having a go at Luko: Yes, I know that Luko sometimes does not choose the most diplomatic words (but then again, neither do I). I had HUGE issues with him myself for a long time. But then I actually made an effort to talk and listen to him, and guess what? He has things to say, and he has a fair few good points too. I don't always agree with him, but I actually like him as a person now.

And finally,
@ everyone, including myself:

Please, don't take all your issues with specific people to forums. Take the time and make the effort to talk and listen elsewhere. More than you think can be sorted out and solved.

Seeing people I like tossing shit at eachother makes me sad. Everyone has flaws. But most people also have good qualities.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyranne

avatar

Number of posts : 329
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:56 pm

As i know from first-hand experience what drama can be like, regardless if you're the perpetrater or the victim. But oddly, I've never let a personal attack get to me beyond the first shock of it. I take offence from people I don't know insulting myself, or anyone I know, much like when a random twat in Orgrimmar stated they'd rape me. Anything a fellow RPer does or says kinda pales, and even if it seems I respond in an incendiary manner, one assumes others are mature enough to either not rise to it, or else know that much of it is simple venting. People snap on bad days, and sometimes that happens to people they know online, rather than close friends.

I don't personally care if people agree with me. hell, I'm an Atheist and so am used to differing opinions. The world would be pretty stagnant if we all agreed on everything. even OTT debates can still lead to something unless it just deteriorates to "Your mama" No, YOUR mama" etc.

I know I have an abrasive personality, and will often place my foot firmly in my own mouth due to lack of tact, but at the end of the day, I don't go to bed crying if someone points it out to me. If I ever have managed to truly upset someone, then I apologise profusely.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siheld

avatar

Number of posts : 1446
Age : 25
Location : Holland
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:10 pm

Basslar wrote:

@ all the people in this thread who had a go at Lion: You seem to forget/fail to see that Lion has worked his ass off to boost/keep up/spread RP on this server. He has NEVER let his personal issues/opinions affect his RP. He is a brilliant RPer who has really put his heart and soul into the RP on SSL, and he has done more for the RP here than any one else I know.

First of all, yes Liontooth is a good RP'er and yes he seperated OOC and IC very good. But for the last part:
My God, Let's name a few characters who've done more for RP on SSL then Liontooth:

Vypra
Pilus
Xariandria (before his nerdrage)
Miriel
Archznag
Feronius
Lynnora/Nimarae

and yes Liontooth did a lot, but like he's the only one.

_________________
Siheld, Puraniel, Rajani, Feanu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Basslar



Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:18 pm

Please do take the time to read my post before posting to have a go at what I'm saying...

" ..more than any other character I know".

Me. Personally. I don't know everyone on your list, and for some of them, I just happen to enjoy Lion's type of RP more. It is all amatter of taste. I am only speaking for myself.

And the point is still that people seem to forget how much he has done. Who did this or that much more does not really matter. He did A LOT.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hinun



Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:15 pm

I am posting the following on behalf of Liontooth, as this thread has made him want to say his piece:



You know... I tried to leave here quietly without causing drama as I thought the last thing people want is a farewell thread turned drama. However, seemingly that is not the case so here I am, now able to actually reply to the snipes.

Where to begin...Well lets start with this conclusion that my leaving was due to the big bad forums posters being mean to me. That is nowhere near the reason considering I have been at the forefront of severe and personal opposition before. The fact that people would rather draw conclusions than actually ask me the reason just cements my unwillingness to be part of this community any longer.

Siheld...How can I put this nicely? I can't. I have been on this server a hell of alot longer than you, and in that time, I may have not offered RP on a silver platter to everyone, but I have been at the forefront of some of the server's greatest storylines, working together with the heads of those to offer something to the people involved. I have been at the forefront of defending this server time and time again from those that would soil its reputation and, yes, I am aware noone asked me to do that, but I felt pride enough in the server I played on to do it anyway. Even when I went to Argent Dawn I still felt something drawing me back enough to even advertise what little things the server had to offer... Hence new guys would come from time to time to take a look. Funny how I still did all this even though there was alot happening on Scarshield I compained about... Boy do I feel retarded wasting all that time now.

The spotlight is always on those that throw out the events; I can udnerstand and handle that. But do not forget that there are those that prefer to join in and are just as crucial as those that make the events.

There have been many issues that have been pushing me away for some time but I have now decided I do not have a place here. After all, if I do not like it I should not join in, I am told.

So there you have it people... You wanted to create a drama; here you have your drama. Farewell to those that have made my stay worthwhile here (they will know who they are), and as for the rest of you? Well... Enjoy your time on SSL.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Oh, the drama!!!   

Back to top Go down
 
Oh, the drama!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Playful Kiss (Korean version)
» And then Drama
» Broadside drama
» TOP 50 Most Handsome Actor Around The world
» what's your fave total drama island character?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: