We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Elena

Elena

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-09-03

[RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) Empty
PostSubject: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 11:17 pm

(( Read first: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=12025244892 ))

"Ah, the morning sun rises. It's been a hectic night, but a success nevertheless. This will surely not go unnoticed to anybody. A job well done, everyone!" Elena lets out a sigh of relief. "Now - go rest, you've earned it," she says appreciatively to the handful of people around her.

The streets are crammed with posters. Not only Stormwind City, but also Ironforge and Darnassus seem to have received a complete makeover during the night.

Remember our fallen heroes!
Members of the Alliance, we all have one thing in common.

Fathers, mothers, sisters, brothers, sons, daughters, husbands, wives, lovers, friends and brothers in arms.

We have all lost one of them. We all share the same suffering. We all know someone who has given, be it voluntarily or not, his or her life for our Alliance.

Their deaths must not be for naught.

It is time to bring a tribute to our dead, our fallen heroes that we love and respect so dearly.

We will gather to celebrate their lives and give them the gratitude they deserve for the sacrifices they have made.

The ceremony of the Alliance's first Remembrance Day will take place at the Valley of Heroes in Stormwind City on the fifth day of the week.

Signed,

Jonathan Wellesley
Elena Morrissey

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OOC:

Roleplaying event
Date: Friday, 08/01/2010
Start: 20.00

This concerns pretty much every roleplayer within the Alliance, so we would appreciate it greatly if everyone who calls theirselves an (Alliance) roleplayer could try to show up. It'll be worth your while!
Back to top Go down
Elena

Elena

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 8:50 pm

Thank you A.I.M. for showing, I think you did a terrific job with the ambush - looked very real.

Sad that so many qq spawned for what happened afterwards, but I'm sure it'll pass.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:00 pm

Elena wrote:
Thank you A.I.M. for showing, I think you did a terrific job with the ambush - looked very real.

Sad that so many qq spawned for what happened afterwards, but I'm sure it'll pass.

Yea, and I'd like to thank some full pve geared menace guys for corpsecamping us. Razz
Back to top Go down
Elena

Elena

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:07 pm

I'm truly sorry about that. I repeatedly asked them not to, even gquit for the duration of the event.

I asked them to come to the Stonard siege tomorrow. Most of them will. If you want a fair chance to kick their asses, take it! Smile
Back to top Go down
Kerdal

Kerdal

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-12-03

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:16 pm

I think the event was a good succes in terms of RP even though we did get beat, the main group left after we attacked which is what we expected. Please don't worry about it there was nothing you could do to stop the others staying there that was their own choice and now they are the ones upset.

Apart from that I really enjoyed the event and hope that we were gracious in defeat Wink and can enjoy more world RP-PVP.
Back to top Go down
Elena

Elena

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:22 pm

Oh yes, as everybody will now see coming this is the start of something bigger Smile I'm hopeful!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 9:36 pm

Elena wrote:
I repeatedly asked them not to, even gquit for the duration of the event.

Wee! \o/
Now.. do it again, and try to stay away Wink

Only messing around, sorry for the bad humor -.-
Back to top Go down
Elena

Elena

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 10:02 pm

As for the Alliance RP part before the ambush, here's the script I had ready. Aside from some quick adaptations in-game, it remained more or less like this:

Quote :
STORMWIND

/me waits for everyone to settle down before commencing the ceremony.

/s Thank you all dearly for coming. The fact that we are together here in so many numbers displays that our hearts are forever with our soldiers.

/me pauses briefly.

/s Because, my friends, we have gathered here to pay our collective respects to these men and women who gave their lives serving their Kingdom.

/s Their heroics must not be for naught, and they must not be forgot.

/s We start this ceremony with our tribute to their sacrifice. Later, a feast is organized to celebrate their lives and their goodness.

/s Liare here will hand out a candle to each and every one of you (( GHI Required )). Please follow my lead when I raise mine as a token of gratitude to our fallen.

/s A great soldier once said:

/me lifts her chin up, ready to recite a poem she knows by heart.

/s “If I should die, think only this of me:”
/s “That there’s some corner of a foreign field”
/s “That is forever Lordaeron. There shall be”
/s “In that rich earth a richer dust concealed; “
/s “A dust whom Lordaeron bore, shaped, made aware,”
/s “Gave, once her flowers to love, her ways to roam,”
/s “A body of Lordaeron’s, breathing Lordaeron air,”
/s “Washed by the rivers, blest by suns of home. “
/s “And think, this heart, all evil shed away,”
/s “A pulse in the eternal mind, no less”
/s “Gives somewhere back the thoughts by Lordaeron given;”
/s “Her sights and sounds; dreams happy as her day; “
/s “And laughter, learnt of friends; and gentleness,”
/s “In hearts at peace, under a Lordaeron heaven.”

/me holds up a candle, her arm steadfast.

/s Repeat after me. (( Use your candle ))

/s In death we give you thanks, unknown soldier. For the service you have done for your Great Kingdom. For the sacrifices you have made for the safety of your people.

/me blinks as a single tear rolls down her cheek, remembering herself the fallen heroes that she knew in her life.

/me mumbles: "So many lives lost to these monsters, and for what?"

/me uses the back of her hand and wipes the tears off her face, staring defiantly at the crowd of followers.

/y Do not allow them to die unappreciated and ignored, followers!

/s My friends, we have now reached the second part of our ceremony, where we will move onward to the statue of the unknown soldier in the Redridge Mountains. Afterwards we will hold a feast in the honour of our fallen in Lakeshire.

/me nods her approval of her last statement, gathering a bunch of roses from the ground. She moves past the benches and holds next to the statue, offering and beckoning the followers to collect a rose:

(Liare)/e follows Elena's example walking past the benches, almost silently; standing, holding out roses to the passers-by.

/s As you pass me on the right side or Liare on the left side, please take a rose. We will lay them at the foot of the statue. Afterwards, please wait for everyone else at the city gates.

/me waits for everyone to have passed her by before joining the others.

/s The walk takes just over fifteen minutes, a good time for conversation. It is a dark and bitter evening, so keep your candles close and at Ridgepoint Tower we will raise them once more as a tribute to our lost ones.

/me gestures for everyone to follow.

/s Come on, friends. Let us move out in the name of our heroes.

EXIT GATES

/s Friends, we will soon be in the Hamlet of Goldshire. We will take a few moments to rally some more supporters and explain to the local guard of our plans.

GOLDSHIRE

/s People of Goldshire! Travel with us to the Statue and join us in paying homage to the fallen heroes of the Alliance. Come and say your prayers and give your thanks.
/e walks towards Marshal Dughan and begins to discuss quietly with him. Nodding her approval at his response and smiling politely.
/y Followers, we are ready to move on! Gather yourselves for the road ahead.

ROAD

/s We have a long walk ahead of us. Who will be bold enough to stand out and tell us of someone dear to them, that they have lost when he ... or she ... was in service of the Alliance.

=Story=

/s Thank you, %t, now let us take a moment to remember those you have lost to the Cause. Say their names and hold your Noble Flame high, as if the smoke will carry your message to them directly.

(Liare)/s Does anyone else have a story to tell?

=More Stories=
(N.B: We can repeat this thing til we arrive to the Tower of Azora)

(Liare)/s Thank you, %t, your friend shall remain close to our hearts for the rest of time.

TOWER OF AZORA

/s Halt, friends. Across this hill lies the Tower of Azora. A place where my closest friend, may he rest in peace, was taught everything he knew about the arcane arts. He was a fierce magician and his heroic deeds will never be forgotten by me or the others who fought alongside him in the Third War.

/s It would mean a lot to me if we could, here and now, all honor the name Alexander Hall.

/me raises her candle.

/s In death we give you thanks, unknown soldier. For the service you have done for your Great Kingdom. For the sacrifices you have made for the safety of your people.

/s I will never forget you, Alexander.

ROAD

/s We have heard the stories of <Name1> and <Name2>, does anyone else wish to share the tale of their friends?

=Story=

(Liare)/s There is only so much you can say about such a Lion-Hearted Champion. My children and my children's children will never forget the name <name of hero>.

HAGGARD

/e dismounts from her horse and walks up to Haggard greeting him warmly. Shaking his hand firmly before turning to the crowd and speaking aloud.
/s Friends, though we are on our way to honour the fallen heroes, we should not... for one second forget the living heroes that are still amongst us today!
(Haggard)/s Thank you travellers.. It is not I you should be thanking today, it should be yourselves. I am not the true hero here, you are..
(Haggard)/e wipes a tear away from his eyes.
/s Let us give the Marshal a worthy salute.
/salute Marshal Haggard

ROAD

/s We are nearing the statue. Look, the mountains are beginning to form!

AMBUSH

/s What is tha-
/y TO ARMS!
/s I cannot believe these lowlives are assaulting our peaceful march on the day we remember our fallen!
/y MONSTERS!

AFTERMATH

/s My friends, I'm afraid the feast is cancelled. None of us can be in a festive mood after the tragedy that has just occured.

/s Let everyone know what has happened here today, these actions must not go unpunished!

/s It is time to fight back! For the Alliance! For Lordaeron!

/y ESARUS THAR NO'DARADOR!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:07 pm

hehe, the best laid plans eh?

Nah, apart from the fact that i felt crappy anyway due to having a cold, i only got a bit miffed at being t-bagged. Otherwise, was a fun event and well worth the wait Smile

Look forward to tomorrow cheers
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)   [RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8) Empty

Back to top Go down

[RP] Remembrance Day (Friday, January 8)
Page 1 of 1