We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Chapter

Go down 
+3
munechi
Siheld
Dascombč
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Dascombč

Dascombč

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-09-18

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 1:13 am

A new story...

A new conflict

A fine morning (1 AM X__x) to all you folks out there at We Are Legion!

I'm not sure how many of you have seen the below topic which was put up by mister two-smile but recently a private server called 'Epilogue' had recently closed down, this was one of the many private servers out there which caters specifically towards roleplayers in the hopes of creating a roleplay haven.

Sadly due to its disbanding, much of its player-base is now dispirsed though a large group of us decided to keep Epilogue's dream of making a roleplay haven going and so we have created 'New Chapter' with similar goals as Epilogue though with more expertise on hand and new features.

So just to give all you readers a small taster of what New Chapter has to offer:

New Lore

The server will initially be starting off (once we hit open beta) in vanilla WoW lore-wise, this means all the game mechanics are kept normal as they are in Wrath of the Lich King with the exception that the lore takes place prior to the Burning Crusade with threats such as Naxxramas, the Alliance and Horde conflicts and also threats such as the old god C'thun, though the difference this time is that players are going to be able to have a large impact on how the lore turns out as we draw closer to the Wrath of the Lich King...

Will Varian turn back on his plans to accept Death Knights?

Will Putress survive the Undercity coup?

Do we even defeat an Old God?

Does Illidan survive the Black Temple attacks?

Did anyone ever manage to retrieve Hogger's paw?

Its up to players through RP events to decide the outcome with the help of new lore characters both heroes and villians to help them on their way

New Areas

Sick to death of the same cramped areas with little space for expansion? Think places should be that little bit bigger ICly compared to what they actually are?
    Thanks to new additions to our team, New Chapter can open up the possibility of making towns really seem like true towns with new buildings and even terrain editing...

Here is an example of what the possibility of our Goldshire may look like:
    New Chapter WoWScrnShot_122309_213858

Dealing with God-emoters

Sons of Illidan? Illigitimate love-child of Thrall and Jaina? Half-Dragon Half-Elf? With a GM team on hand who can deal with such issues you can go about your way without having a 50-foot tall scaly roleplayer breathing fire on you.
    Whats more is that with the new lore (mentioned above) ret-conning of retail events can take place so that there is a chance that lore-decisions made on retail that may seem absurd can be changed

Higher realism

One-shotting wolves in Elwynn at level 80 has always seemed a tad odd from a roleplaying point of view, especially since that poor level 1 continues to get mauled to death by them...
    Well think again, since all creatures will be scaled upwards to a more appropriate level so that even walking through the forests of Elwynn will no longer prove to be safe with packs of wolves which will make short work of the over-confident roleplayer.
    And forget about having to grind battlegrounds or instances for better gear, your stats are determined by your character, not hours spent raiding instances, build up your character through roleplaying actions and you will soon find that your stats will be increased.
    On New Chapter stats are removed from -ALL- items so they are purely for cosmetic use (DPS is a value we're currently sorting) and all your stats can be located in special tiered necklaces found in your inventory upon character creation

Player-housing and guild bases

Resources can be harvested by players and used to make either grand bases capable of holding out a seige... or something as simple as a lumber-jack's house in the middle of Elwynn, the resource system enables you to gather resources if your either a guild-type or prefer to be the lone-wolf, you choose how to spend your resources either by selling them to other players or even putting them to more practical use to make defences to ward off either GM-led attacks by NPCs or even attacks led by rival guilds

A world of danger

Back on Epilogue many people thought that random chance should play a role in the player's ventures so New Chapter have also taken that idea.
    You'll never know when a GM is watching your roleplay so be prepared for anything, walking through Duskwood could mean you fall prey to a Worgen ambush or in Westfall a Defias attack and with permanant-deaths being a possibility you need to consider where your going and how well armed you are (Unless your wealthy enough to hire player-guards)
    Though the world of danger could also apply to guild-bases, there is nothing to stop gale-force winds from ripping down your tents or an undetected fire ravaging your Blacksmith, precautions must be taken since this is the world of WARcraft

And this is just a fraction of what New Chapter is currently working on...

So if i've gained your interest then please drop by the forums at http://www.newchapter.comxa.com/index.php

Or if you wish to ask me questions then add me on MSN at Roadkill234@hotmail.com i won't bite Wink
Or ask away in this thread, i'll be sure to pop by frequently
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 11:40 am

That Goldshire looks epic.

But.. I´ll stick with the real-game Wink
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 10:33 pm

Siheld wrote:
That Goldshire looks epic.

But.. I´ll stick with the real-game Wink

New Chapter will be better then the real game Razz

Edit: Here a (outdated) screenie of a Horde tavern I made (in the leatherworker shop in the Drag) Very Happy

New Chapter Wow_2009-12-21_14-54-32-68
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 9:42 am

If it's still on by the end of January, I may actually join... because it looks very exciting.
And... I would go with the Horde, of course! Lok-tar Ogar!
Back to top Go down
Dascombč

Dascombč

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Ahh Snicka...
Since you have an interest in the Horde side i've a little bit of eye-candy for you here:

New Chapter WoWScrnShot_122409_172254

Razor Hill in its updated glory.

And yes, we're doing well so far so i think we'll be able to achieve our deadline of late January, if there is an earlier
open beta i will inform you here
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 4:03 pm

Oh, Dascombe, that looks really awesome!
Thanks a lot for informing me, but with the deadline, I meant the opposite. I am interested only in it after January (as I won't be able to play anything in the first three weeks January).
Back to top Go down
Dascombč

Dascombč

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySat Dec 26, 2009 10:09 pm

Hehe thats quite alright, i'm going to be a bit occupied in January myself what with A level exams coming up :/
So yeah, its either gonna be late January or early febuary
Back to top Go down
Mindrathu

Mindrathu

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-05-27

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:42 am

This looks sincerly awesome! The li'l towns remind me of Warcraft III and such. Laughing What else will you be changing other than Razor Hill and Goldshire?
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 10:37 am

I'd either go and upgrade Sen'jin Village a little bit, perhaps retake Echo Isles from the voodoo trolls and build a bigger Darkspear town - or break with the Horde and start a new Amani faction around Zul'Aman... if that is possible.
Back to top Go down

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 12:49 pm

One thing that put me off Epilouge was the fact that the server was majority orcs and humans - then bloodelves. Also hardly any RP was happening in Kalimdor. If there happens to be a difference this time I may give it a try.
Back to top Go down
munechi

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 2:01 pm

Mindrathu wrote:
What else will you be changing other than Razor Hill and Goldshire?

I might be leaking here but some goblin cites + crossroads already recieved their upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Dascombč

Dascombč

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:03 pm

Liontooth wrote:
One thing that put me off Epilouge was the fact that the server was majority orcs and humans - then bloodelves. Also hardly any RP was happening in Kalimdor. If there happens to be a difference this time I may give it a try.

This is a point many have brought up, Lion.
Although we can't exactly administer locks on races to keep the population steady (although this was considered once) what we do plan to do is get rid of the whole offering RP and GM assistance proportionate to the population so that no matter how the population alters there will be an equal amount of GMs offering events and general support to both sides.
I think you'll be glad to hear that there are now some more tauren buildings to use
But if you catch me online with my GM tag on i'll be sure to see if i can cook something up for ya Wink

Snicka wrote:
I'd either go and upgrade Sen'jin Village a little bit, perhaps retake Echo Isles from the voodoo trolls and build a bigger Darkspear town - or break with the Horde and start a new Amani faction around Zul'Aman... if that is possible.

Currently i think Klein is working on major settlements and likely RP hotspots first although its entirely possible that later on a guild can add to Senjin village with their own buildings or even senjin will be re-edited at a later date...
All the terrain edits done by Klein are all updated in patches which are extremely easy to administer (Far more so than retail patches) and is simply a case of chucking the patch into your data folder.

But since we're taking off from the point AFTER the third war, you can expect the Echo Isles to not be a suitable place for a darkspear town since according to lore we're at the point just as (or after) Zalazane has taken it over and it won't be an easy thing to re-capture it Smile

But what you said regarding an Amani faction, i'd say its entirely possible though not until after the storyline progresses because we're blocking off access to the ghostlands from the beginning, once we catch up to the point of the Burning Crusade lore-point then we'll open up Blood Elf creation, Draenei creation and access to Burning Crusade zones

Keep up the questions and comments folks, i'm here to answer them reguarly Smile
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 8:09 pm

Does that also mean that you can play in the beginning without installing the Burning Crusade on your computer?
It is most interesting for me, because, although I have the Burning Crusade, I don't have Wrath of the Lich King, and I am not planning to buy it in a while. Will I still be able to play on New Chapter then?
Back to top Go down
munechi

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Dec 27, 2009 9:35 pm

Dascombč wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

This is a point many have brought up, Lion.
Although we can't exactly administer locks on races to keep the population steady (although this was considered once) what we do plan to do is get rid of the whole offering RP and GM assistance proportionate to the population so that no matter how the population alters there will be an equal amount of GMs offering events and general support to both sides.
I think you'll be glad to hear that there are now some more tauren buildings to use
But if you catch me online with my GM tag on i'll be sure to see if i can cook something up for ya Wink

Dascombč wrote:
Snicka wrote:

But since we're taking off from the point AFTER the third war, you can expect the Echo Isles to not be a suitable place for a darkspear town since according to lore we're at the point just as (or after) Zalazane has taken it over and it won't be an easy thing to re-capture it Smile

Isn't only open beta right after the third war? Because it is already decided that the server would start at Vanilla.

The trolls can take over Echo Isles if they want either way. It will probably be hard and some people will (perma!)die but it should be possible.
Maybe our world editor can edit the Echo Isles so that once it happens we can build a city there.

Snicka wrote:
Does that also mean that you can play in the beginning without installing the Burning Crusade on your computer?
It is most interesting for me, because, although I have the Burning Crusade, I don't have Wrath of the Lich King, and I am not planning to buy it in a while. Will I still be able to play on New Chapter then?

This is a private server, you don't have to buy something to play on it Razz
Just download WotLK and install it and patch up to 3.2.2 (not 3.3) and you can play Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dascombč

Dascombč

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySun Jan 03, 2010 3:05 am

Quote :
This looks sincerly awesome! The li'l towns remind me of Warcraft III and such. Laughing What else will you be changing other than Razor Hill and Goldshire?

As well as Goldshire and Razor Hill, edits have been made to the following areas:

Stormwind
Orgrimmar
Lakeshire
Duskwood
Moonbrook
Ashenvale
Darkshore
Crossroads
Ironforge
Undercity
Elwynn Forest

Amongst these edits are numerous new additions in some of the areas including:

Creatures ready to ambush you
Lowly peasants, peons and other workers about on their business
More shrubbaries *Coughs* more plantlife and wilderness
Aspects of corruption such as drunken guards, corrupt officials, guttersnipes and bandits
Events and NPC placements in-line with the timeline (such as undercity being recently taken over)
Emphasis on more 'clutter' such as tramps, low-lifes, supply crates, gypsy caravans, un-used tents to make places more lively
Random skirmishes between factions
New buildings and town expansions

And if the towns do remind you of WC3 then we're doing our job right Wink
We're aiming to make this appear similar to WC3 so that players will recognise certain NPCs and possibly even certain NPC tactics (Peasants running to the town hall for armour *Cheers*) which will possibly visible in our up-coming 'war' system which i will have to keep in the dark for now Smile

And yes Snicka, i'm afraid although we're playing on a vanilla timeline we will be working on Wrath of the Lich King's mechanics so a download of that expansion would be vital Crying or Very sad

Edit: this may or may not be a secret bump Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 2:29 pm

Do you want me to see if there's a new story here, then?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Dascombč

Dascombč

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyMon Jan 04, 2010 3:40 pm

we're quite alright for now Opa, we're still in the progress of actually getting the server up and running for the player-base and generally looking around for folks who might be interested.

Though i can assure one thing we're going to do different to other servers and what-not...

New Chapter WoWScrnShot_122709_154846

There will be corruption in the world Wink

Press-gangs, political corruption, assassinations, i'll make sure its all here
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 9:57 am

I think an 18+ game would be fun. But it wouldn't make as much commercially as WoW does Wink (I know that's not the intention here)

If anyone else has ideas or suggestions for stories, please PM me: anything 'new', new trends, murky stuff, whatever.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyTue Jan 05, 2010 10:10 am

Opathu wrote:
I think an 18+ game would be fun. But it wouldn't make as much commercially as WoW does Wink (I know that's not the intention here)

If anyone else has ideas or suggestions for stories, please PM me: anything 'new', new trends, murky stuff, whatever.

You mean, a 18+ version of World of Warcraft, or a 18+ MMO in general?
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyWed Jan 06, 2010 9:52 am

I think the RP private server people are trying to make a more mature WoW-based game. Not just sex n shit, but intrigue, corruption and so on. (Beyond the interest of most tea-bagging teenagers!)
Back to top Go down
Dascombč

Dascombč

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyThu Jan 07, 2010 11:59 pm

Quote :
I think the RP private server people are trying to make a more mature WoW-based game. Not just sex n shit, but intrigue, corruption and so on. (Beyond the interest of most tea-bagging teenagers!)

Spot on mister two-smile
Its basing it more on the conflict side of things and the subtle acts of betrayal and knifings in the gutter rather than strutting around in large golden plates worthey of running a solar powerstation in France for a good year or two and killing fetid undead in Duskwood.

I've even gone to the effort to add slums to several areas of the game, you'll see a small 'begger's' lane in the tunnel leading to the Stormwind Harbour as well as peasant uprisings outside the city walls.

Though it would seem at the moment we have a few interesting characters amongst our community who show an interest in performing the roles of corrupt nobles in Stormwind's House of Nobles...

Though you may hear me blethering on about 'Stormwind' 'Stormwind' 'Stormwind' there will be a lot of oppertunity for corruption on the Horde side of the game too as the lore progresses further and further towards the Wrath of the Lich King its entirely possible that there will be a division between followers of Garrosh Hellscream and that of Thrall or perhaps even burning legion infiltrators burning the valley of Orgrimmar from within *Troll-shrugs* who knows

And with our new war system coming about we can expect to see quite a lot of political decisions made by the faction leaders being influenced by players which -could- lead to wars taking part, perhaps even wars between guilds or player-factions.
Back to top Go down

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 1:07 am

Well I will consider another try at the Tauren side of things on the server when it is launched.
Back to top Go down
Dascombč

Dascombč

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 11:54 am

I would highly recommend it, Lion

Although currently little work has been done on renovating Thunderbluff (since its already cram-packed with buildings) we do have a number of new tauren-specific tents and buildings as well as a few other handy game-objects which would be quite appropriate...

I'll see about setting up a few tauren camps around Mulgore and the Barrens tonight
Back to top Go down
munechi

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptyFri Jan 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Taurens should be able to get to build the mighty Tauren wall of awesome and doom to all attackers.

Would cost a lot of resources tough but still, it is so big :O

PS: I am making secret peon camps Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter EmptySat Jan 09, 2010 11:02 am

Liontooth wrote:
Well I will consider another try at the Tauren side of things on the server when it is launched.

I would love to take a glance at the Tauren side as well.
I wonder... can you roll many characters on this server (e.g. ten, like on the official servers)?
If not, I'll stick with the trolls, but if I can, I will perhaps try the tauren as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Chapter Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Chapter   New Chapter Empty

Back to top Go down

New Chapter
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next