We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Tanaris expedition

Go down 
+6
Siheld
Snicka
Akaula
Vypra
Ryleen
Gen'jin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Gen'jin

Gen'jin

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-04-28

The Tanaris expedition Empty
PostSubject: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:34 pm

Background:

A be Shadow hunter Gen’jin, Primal of da ‘eritage o’ Zandalar. We da ‘eritage strive to protect and keepsafe da way o’ trolls.

Ma mission be track down forgotten artefacts and ancient tablets, so dat we will neva’ forget who we be an’ where we came from.

The Tanaris expedition:

[You are in Ogrimmar and notice a “help wanted” poster, on the Outside of the Bank]

Help Wanted,

I have prepared an expedition into da hot Tanaris Desert, and I am lacking hired swords and kodo riders (bring own Kodo).

Da Tanaris dessert be very dangerous! You’ve must have prepared yourself for a long trip into harsh dry land, with sandstorms, roaming beast and dessert thugs.

No kodos, no Caravan!

I have gathered the needed supplies for an expedition but lack 2-3 strong kodos to carry them.

Note that I will deliver the provision, in addition of payment

If you are a kodo rider and are looking for honest work, with good payment, you should consider my offer.

Beware of thugs!

Caravans attract a lot of attention, and be easy targets for thugs. I be trusting my own, and followers abilities to deal with any common thug, but I will not take my changes and therefore looking to hire some swords.

If you can wield a weapon or cast a strong spell, I promise you honest work, and good payment.

What we be doing?

I have reason to believe that out in old ruins deep in the dessert, there can be found ancient artefacts of my people, and clues to da whereabouts of a certain tablet I be looking for.

We be venturing into land, of emotional and historical value to my people, and therefore I demand you respect the ground you treat and no looting! Anything found MUST be delivered to me.

Should you be found looting, your stolen processions will be confiscated and you will be punished by the Ogrimmar standards for stealing.

-----

If you are interested in joining the Tanaris Expedition, meet at da Tavern in Gadgetzan, tanaris.

[Tuesday 8/12 – 2009 at 20]

Your payment will be a total of 2 Gold coins, 1 when you sign, and 1 when we have returned to Gadgetzan.

- Shadow hunter Gen'jin of the Heritage of Zandalar

OOC:

This is an invitation to a guild related event, so that we can have some more RP with others as well. This is why the payment is only 2 Gold coins – aren’t gonna pay 50 gold coins just rp with you. Am not desperate ^^

I am personally Going to Run the Event, and I will do my best so that your Character will have a part in the event, and not just a background figure Wink

I hope to be done at about 22:00 +/- max. 1 hour.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 pm

A wonderful chance to explore troll history, and of course a nice rp event that is something a little bit out of the ordinary.

Of course you want to join! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 pm

looking forward to this Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Akaula

Akaula

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-09-21

Sounds 'tah me like yah be needin' ah few ah dem BLADES FOR HIRE. Long as ah not at sea, Aka'ula be happy tah separate 'yah from 'dat gold
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/GhastlyMcNasty
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Oh, and in the intrests of enlivening rp, maybe you could post this on the realm forum too Gen'?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:16 pm

thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gen'jin

Gen'jin

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:17 pm

Done Wink
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 10:36 pm

A desert adventure with exploring ancient artifacts... sounds really great, almost Indiana Jones-ish. Although Gen'jin has bigger tusk and more mojo than Indy!
Back to top Go down
Gen'jin

Gen'jin

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 11:14 pm

Hey, am the horde version of Brann bronzebeard lol!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:00 am

Wao!
I'm in love with this idea! It sounds so epic!
Reminds me to create a troll and RP him as a sand-troll.
Back to top Go down
Valdul

Valdul

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-11-02

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:01 am

nice idea maybe my troll will join
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 10:09 am

Are you planning to go into Zul'Farrak as well, Gen'jin, or only roam the desert?
Back to top Go down
Legothom

Legothom

Number of posts : 73
Registration date : 2009-11-13

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 12:39 pm

Might come down, my character would enjoy searching for hidden troll lore in a group.
Back to top Go down
Malicestrom

Malicestrom

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:46 pm

This is one of those events I'd really want to go to and then completely forget about it a few hours before. I do aim to be there though, fo'realz.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 2:27 pm

I woudnt mind using one of my characters to protect the caravan too, if only my computers decide to get better, i think it has swine flu ='(
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 4:47 pm

What about the thugs and the dangerous desert marauders?

Are they being handled bny players aswell?

Cuz that would be even more awesome!

Last edited by Othragon on Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptySat Dec 05, 2009 5:17 pm

Othragon wrote:
What about the hugs and the dangerous desert marauders?

Are they being handled bny players aswell?

Cuz that would be even more awesome!

Actually, that thought came to my mind as well. As it will be a Horde expedition, a few Alliance people can band up as desert marauders (such mobs are mostly humans) and have a PvP episode in the expedition. I am not sure if it matches Gen'jin's plans though.
Back to top Go down
Gen'jin

Gen'jin

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptySun Dec 06, 2009 3:45 pm

Actually, that thought came to my mind as well. As it will be a Horde expedition, a few Alliance people can band up as desert marauders (such mobs are mostly humans) and have a PvP episode in the expedition. I am not sure if it matches Gen'jin's plans though.[/quote]

Well, It's not a big problem, I always keep my in-game gear with me, and with equipment mangaer it's easy to swtich. but i haven'had time to plan, or to arrange any player controlled attack on us. gonna rely on people own will to make a good Rp event, and an event planned and arranged by myself.

We are going in. getting the valuables (mostly damaged objects, like vases etc.)

Locals, usually only attack caravans for the suplies, rather than goods wastewater, and pirates attack goblin trade caravans, for the goods though.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 2:34 am

Several people joined us on our expedition, all with their own reasons for being there.

We first set out from Gadgetzan, heading towards the Eastmoon Ruins.

The Tanaris expedition Bild4-4

The kodos were used for carrying supplies, such as tools, water and medical equipment.

The Tanaris expedition Bild9-1

On our way, we passed by the place called the Broken Pillar.

The Tanaris expedition Bild6-1

Eventually, we found a trashed camp. We stopped to investigate.

The Tanaris expedition Bild10-1

We soon decided that this was a good place to have as base, and made the camp our own.

The Tanaris expedition Bild14-2

After visiting Eastmoon Ruins, we had not found what we were looking for. We discussed what to do next.

The Tanaris expedition Bild21

We had reason to believe the ogres might have stolen away the item we searched for, and went to have a look.

The Tanaris expedition Bild22

I was the last one to return to the group. We stole the head of the ogre's leader, and our shadow hunter will perform the neccessary rituals to question him about the whereabouts of the item.

The Tanaris expedition Bild23
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:08 am

This event looks great and a lot of fun... I wish I could have taken part in it; these things almost make me want to come back to the game.
I find the idea of the talking heads extremely great! We do something similar with troll chieftains in Stranglethorn in a quest, don't we? I hope Gen'jin can get a lot of information from that smelly ogre's head!
Back to top Go down
Akaula

Akaula

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 8:11 am

Totally had it in my head that this was next week!

Looked like allot of fun tho. Here's to further expeditions in the future The Tanaris expedition PROST7
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/GhastlyMcNasty
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 3:15 pm

The concept = Epic
The screenies = Epic

Thumbs up, really!
Back to top Go down
Malicestrom

Malicestrom

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition EmptyWed Dec 09, 2009 6:03 pm

I knew I would forget about this!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Tanaris expedition   The Tanaris expedition Empty

Back to top Go down

The Tanaris expedition
Page 1 of 1