Delivered.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:03 pm

Lyranne wrote:
Liontooth wrote:
Quote :
free country as in a metaphorical country. If anything, the internet allows greater freedom of expression and opinion, even to the point where it's detrimental (seeing as people can easily type up 'facts' about the second world war and deny events). My point was that you did exactly what I knew you'd do. Responded and again implied I was wrong/mistaken. Ho-hum.

Then I should have the freedom to counter arguements with my own...freedom of expression and opinion works both ways. "IMO" is not a free ticket not to have what you think argued contrary to popular belief.

To be honest I am not the only one who "needs to take the stick from HER arse" (oh snap)

*fixed*

My point was and is that you don't like people disareeing with you. any conversation or debate ends up with you wading in, throwing down a giant book and saying 'YOU'RE ALL WRONG".

I also didn't say that opinion is not arguable, but rather that opinion is not -wrong-. If this was opinion about something important, like the holocaust, then yes, opinions should be shot down and any moron who denies it should be arrested. But for something like WoW? A computer game where even on a server with supposedly strict rules, most decide that they won't follow them. A game that has countless faults... To defend that in such a manner is why I suggested you had a stick up your arse. WoW is not important, so why come into every situation and shout all opinions down if they differ from your own. Also: What part of "devils advocate" do you not comprehend?

What part of arguement do you not?

If I think something is wrong of course I am going to challenge it? Why do people think that is odd?
Back to top Go down
Lithaella

Number of posts : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:06 pm

Liontooth wrote:
If I think something is wrong of course I am going to challenge it? Why do people think that is odd?

There's challenging things you think are wrong, and there's asserting your view on it as if you are right beyond a shadow of a doubt and nobody else can be right. You assert your view in such a manner that it, to me, smacks somewhat of a superiority complex when it comes to the subject you're speaking on.

Dicussion and challenging people's views is one thing; trying to override any opinions that run contrary to yours is something else.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.umbrael.com

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:10 pm

Lithaella wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

There's challenging things you think are wrong, and there's asserting your view on it as if you are right beyond a shadow of a doubt and nobody else can be right. You assert your view in such a manner that it, to me, smacks somewhat of a superiority complex when it comes to the subject you're speaking on.

Dicussion and challenging people's views is one thing; trying to override any opinions that run contrary to yours is something else.

Difference is that when I am challenging views I have evidence to back it up. All I get in reply is repeats, rambling and general people with their backs to the wall. If you have an view on something you should be prepared to back it up without trying to bring out the high horse syndrome.

Believe me...Study the posts and come back to me saying I am the one with the complex.

Again...All this seems to be is people butthurt that someone has the gall (how dare they!!) to challenge a groups opinion
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Number of posts : 329
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:13 pm

Because you don't argue, you state "You're wrong" That's not argumentative, that's incendiary. It forces people onto the defensive, even when like me, they're playing devils advocate. Your evidence is rarely more than one line of text that backs up your claims, even when it's open to interpretation.

I had mentioned in the other thread at least once that for the most part I agree with you. My arguments have all been along the lines of "Provided it's not a huge step beyond reasonable reading of the lore, go for it" not "ZOMG, I CAN BE A NINJA LULZ". You started reacting to whatever I typed and so I responded because you seem to have a knack of making me feel more argumentative than I ordinarily am.

And that single sentence made no sense. "What part of argument do you not?" Do I not, what? I've not shouted down any opinions, but rather reacted to how you percieve every other persons view unless it's the same as yours. I've not said you're wrong, not once. I've not even gone so far as to explicitely insult you (seeing as I mentioned taurens and cow pats, not A male from Ireland named Adam and some derogatory/racist comment that some might be tempted into). But you called myself and others thick skulled. You stuck your finger up at me like a petulant warlock. You called me a flamer because you deem your own comments and views as beyond such meagre descriptions.

Not one of those actions is worthy of calling yourself a decent orator. You are a flamer, just as I have been. You have made incendiary comments, much as I have. So don't start accusing people of being up on high horses when you seem to be oblivious to what your own comments are being read as.

You also again, quoted the only part of my post that could lead to more indendiary remarks. I again reiterated that I have nothing against you, and that I consider you intelligent, and you -again- quote to force a response from me.

I have one now. It's PRP, it's OTT, but it's what you need: *hugs Liontooth madly*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:22 pm

"You are wrong and here is why" is an arguement not a statement. I did mention I grew tired of the "Anti Liontooth" thing that Speatus pointed out in the end thus I gave up and treated it halfed assed and just trolled.

To be honest it is probably a good thing the mods closed that thread...If people prefer pointing fingers, bringing out moral high grounds and acting like they are in a school playground then there is no use of having such things here.

Over and out.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:23 pm

It was a dark and stormy night. The storms rolled across the skies so voilently that even those creatures that normally prowl the night thought twice before venturing forth from their shadowy places of hiding. Upon a hill, a man is stood, his silhuette visible in the flash of lightning, as a bitter defiance to the world. There he stands, completely still. Even though the image perhaps would expect his hair to whip about like crazed vipers, this was not so for alas he has no hair. But according to some this only makes him look like Jason Statham.

The figure upon the hill had vile plans indeed. He bends over and pulls something out from between his.. legs? It's dark, 'twas hard to see. But what is it he is holding in his hands now, be it a stirring spoon?
He straightens back up and suddenly a fire blazes up next to him! The figure, now clearly seen to be naked, his ripped body gleaming in the light of the fire, like a promise of visual perfection and endless hours of carnal pleasures... For the females, ofcourse.

The man starts to dance and strange, tribal song erupts from his throat

"Aeyee ho aah eeyya haya oyo haya eeeyakisch!
" And thus keeps the chant going as he waves about his stirring spoon, a powerful gift once given to him by the mad Old God, Yogg'Vexxx.

And in pure rapture and extacy the man came upon the fire, extinguishing it and suddenly the hilltop was draped once again in darkness, and no man where to be seen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:38 pm

This thread is going much the same way as the last one.

Lion, you need to take a step back. Lore is not all important in the game, WoW is not that important.

Your arguments may make sense to you, but some people don't know the background like you might, or they may have different interperetations of it. You have to make room for that.

This forum is meant to be there for the community to feel welcome, this thread sounds quite harsh, especially for a new player who's thinking of starting here. And don't say that you should know what you're getting into by reading the thread, because that's just a childish argument. It's like saying "If you come play in the sandbox, I will throw sand at you, because those are the rules."

In short, perhaps change the tone of your posts, be more constructive, and never, ever post when irritated or angry, because then this thread will derail and be locked. And I think that is good advice for everyone.

EDIT: Quin, are you stirring, or putting out the flamewar?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:47 pm

Liontooth wrote:
"You are wrong and here is why" is an arguement not a statement. I did mention I grew tired of the "Anti Liontooth" thing that Speatus pointed out in the end thus I gave up and treated it halfed assed and just trolled.

To be honest it is probably a good thing the mods closed that thread...If people prefer pointing fingers, bringing out moral high grounds and acting like they are in a school playground then there is no use of having such things here.

Over and out.

Several times, you resorted to "That's a load of crap". Not an argument.
If you grew tired, you'd have stopped arguing. You brought your opinions about me into this thread. If you were honestly as immune to such stupidity as you imply, you'd have just left everything alone. But here you are, -still- responding to pretty much every one of my posts as if it's constructive. I again notice you completely failed to note that I was playing Devils advocate, and again, seemingly read every comment of mine as po-faced. Lé sigh.

And -AGAIN- you managed not to quote a single part of what I typed that complimented you. For Pete's sake, Lion. *huggles more*
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:58 pm

On a side note: Can I point out being a RP forum and saying "Lore is not important" is going to make new players go "The hell is this?" alot faster than any drama thread will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:18 pm

Liontooth wrote:
On a side note: Can I point out being a RP forum and saying "Lore is not important" is going to make new players go "The hell is this?" alot faster than any drama thread will.

Lion, your arguing in this thread is not worthy of what I have seen you post before.

READ THE DAMNED POST FFS!

Quote :
Lore is not all important in the game
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:34 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

Lion, your arguing in this thread is not worthy of what I have seen you post before.

READ THE DAMNED POST FFS!

Quote :
Lore is not all important in the game

It is not just this post I was refering though. CAPS LOL!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:15 pm

Up the mods. Smile

I moderated a very busy biker site for a long time and came under fire a lot from disgruntled users. If the mods think things have gotten out of hand then it is their right to lock/delete, whatever. It's not a democracy.

This is Vyp's forum. Her rules.

Her rules are simple.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:53 pm

My rules are better.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:00 pm

Dis is Vypra on these forums:

As for the discussion that I missed. There's no room for "Person X should react Y given circumstance Z, and that's that", in neither WoW nor this world.
I can say though, that racism is as prominent in WoW as it is in our world, it's simply much more accepted. Hate and fear? Full of it. No place for hugs and love? Bullcrap. I'm not going to repeat myself, so just don't bring extremes into it (too much) and you'll be fine.

Extreme 1: "I love everything ladida, come I'll hug you"
Extreme 2: "I hate everything rawr, I'll kill you"

Both examples can be RPed well by just using it as a cover-up, something on the surface... that's hiding something more.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:09 pm

Quote :
Both examples can be RPed well by just using it as a cover-up, something on the surface... that's hiding something more.

Rarely done that way.

Also...Vypra is a 6 inch ruler?
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:17 pm

Perhaps its a demon-cock reference again?
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:20 pm

Quintilius wrote:
Perhaps its a demon-cock reference again?

LOL
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:21 pm

You lot need to get out more.

Even the 110% of you flaming just to keep an amusing argument going (*looks at everyone*) clown
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:29 pm

You know who started flaming?
God.
When he appeared as a flaming bush for Moses on Mount Sinai.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:38 pm

Snicka wrote:

... And all we have is this 'Moses' word for it... He could've been on anything or was very careless with his camp fire.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:59 pm

Kadris wrote:
Snicka wrote:

... And all we have is this 'Moses' word for it... He could've been on anything or was very careless with his camp fire.

Then he got two tablets from God with the Ten Commandments... and broke them.

Now who knows what were actually on those tablets?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:37 am

This thread has a most fitting name, so i'll just throw in a general comment and go back to spectrating, cause it's just more fun that way.

(Who am i kidding? I'll interfere anyway, if provoked... But that's just the kind of person i am.)

Anyway. First of all, the problem is that people consider themselves special. Well, the truth is, they're not. They may be unique, but definitely not special (if you get the difference).
I mean, does Lion seriously think people here care about him so much that they'd challenge his opinion just for it being his? He may quit the discussion, he may quit WAL, he may even quit WoW — the majority just won't care (or even know). Going against the common opinion doesn't automatically make you neither right nor wrong, but it sure does turn others against you. There was this nice quote... I'll try to translate it properly.
Quote :
If you spit on the community, the community will wipe it off. If the community spits on you, you will drown.
Something like that.

Secondly, moderation. It is done by people, thus can never be truly objective. Deal with it, or find another forum that suits you better. Or maybe become a moderator yourself and enforce your own justice.

Also, the
Quote :
If anything, the internet allows greater freedom of expression and opinion, even to the point where it's detrimental (seeing as people can easily type up 'facts' about the second world war and deny events).
comment was probably aimed at me (since i was the only one to mention WWII). Well, i don't really get what you mean, so you'll have to clarify it if you want a valid answer. This thread is not meant for this kind of discussion though, but there's always PM.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 9:58 am

Oh, I don't know. I think there are some very "special" people here, you know Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Vypra
Admin

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:09 am

Avior wrote:

Also, the
Quote :
If anything, the internet allows greater freedom of expression and opinion, even to the point where it's detrimental (seeing as people can easily type up 'facts' about the second world war and deny events).
comment was probably aimed at me (since i was the only one to mention WWII). Well, i don't really get what you mean, so you'll have to clarify it if you want a valid answer. This thread is not meant for this kind of discussion though, but there's always PM.

Actually, i think Lyranne was more likely referring to those people who, beleive it or not, try to deny that the Holocaust of WW2 actually happened Razz

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:25 pm

hai, cna i be moderate tiemz nao
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   

Back to top Go down

Delivered.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top