We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Delivered.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:08 pm

It delivered.

It was the best.

Now it died with the rest.

*bows*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Siheld

avatar

Number of posts : 1446
Age : 25
Location : Holland
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:22 pm

Damn what a drama.
If this is about your topic, then I totally agree with S-troll.

_________________
Siheld, Puraniel, Rajani, Feanu
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:32 pm

I don't know. I leave you kids alone for a couple of hours... *sighs*



edit: the rl fireworks were nothing by comparison Wink

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:52 pm

I'm not challenging the lock. It was fair enough.

However...

WAS THE BEST THREAD ON WAL! Wink

So therefore... It gets a tribute thread.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torgadon

avatar

Number of posts : 314
Age : 24
Location : northern ireland-derry
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:56 pm

See, i said the thread was stupid, stuff like 'i r rite, u rong lulz' and some other stuff, some may be good arguments, but i knew it was leading to grabbing at one anothers throats, thank god its gone Very Happy

infact i shouldnt of posted this, as this may just continue on last thread , hmmmmmmmm, i am to drunk to ponder X)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:59 pm

Thank god it's gone?

Can't handle abit of rough discussin'?

Everyone in that thread knew what it was.

Don't have the balls for it, stay out.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vexacus

avatar

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:01 pm

I also found it pretty boring. Great walls of text going over the same points all the time and far too many of the poasters getting a bit personal.

Not sure how this makes it great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:03 pm

*shrug*

It was one of the most active threads in a -long- time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vexacus

avatar

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:04 pm

Flamefests often are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:10 pm

Personally, I do challenge the lock. It had a few fiery post just before the lock, but it had them earlier in the thread and it settled down again and went a hell of a long way before the next bit, which brought the lock about.
Personally, I think that there's been too much moderating in the last few months on things that just haven't needed it.

Also, people moderating seem to like to have the last word and make comments to that effect.

I'm sorry, but if this continues then I will delete my account and not return this time as it's just ridiculous!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

avatar

Number of posts : 1519
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:16 pm

More active forums require more regular moderating. The reason why when WAL was started you rarely (if at all) saw any actions from Admins or Moderators. If there are any complains or suggestions please use the Suggestions sub-forum to express your view of things concerning the forum administration.

With my last comment I was aiming to bring closer the way how to behave in Random Carp section (and how not)

I agree that the thread had some posts of interest, good lore debats but at some point it turned to a flame war with swear words which are not appreciated.

EDIT: It is also true that in earlier pages there were similar posts with a more aggresive character then actual discussion. A thread of 24 pages is hard to follow. I personally did not followed it until it reached dimensions in which I said myself to look at it a bit.

_________________
Son of a Biscuit Eater!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:33 pm

Shadowtroll wrote:
More active forums require more regular moderating. The reason why when WAL was started you rarely (if at all) saw any actions from Admins or Moderators. If there are any complains or suggestions please use the Suggestions sub-forum to express your view of things concerning the forum administration.

With my last comment I was aiming to bring closer the way how to behave in Random Carp section (and how not)

I agree that the thread had some posts of interest, good lore debats but at some point it turned to a flame war with swear words which are not appreciated.

EDIT: It is also true that in earlier pages there were similar posts with a more aggresive character then actual discussion. A thread of 24 pages is hard to follow. I personally did not followed it until it reached dimensions in which I said myself to look at it a bit.

If you're not going to bother looking at how the thread ebbs and flows then don't moderate it. Sorry, but your choice to moderate and lock are now made even more ridiculous in my eyes by that comment!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:47 pm

Vypra wrote:
This thread is Quint's. It was created without a specific topic, therefore, it can't go off-topic.

And this is random carp, if trolling and spamming have any place, it's here.

Unless i see evidence of people being victimised (which, i'm absolutely sure won't be happening...), i don't expect to need to do any moderation in this thread.


Still, things do seem to have sunk to the level of schoolyard style bickering over pointless details.

/shrug

Gurf, note the part in bold?

the thread had descended to the point where people were making personal attacks on each other. I'm sorry to say that S-troll was justified in locking the thread.

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Vexacus

avatar

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:48 pm

Gurfang, if people cannot maintain a civilised tone to each other then yes we will step in as we see fit. This doesn't require an in-depth analysis of the entire thread to make this call.

Shadowtroll has already pointed out that if you have a complaint about moderation post it in suggestions forum, or even PM the moderator concerned.

I can see you are already working yourself up to spam this thread with lengthy walls of text telling us why we are wrong are you are correct. I will tell you now what will happen if you do - I will lock this thread as well.

If this results in you spitting your dummy out and deleting your account, then this is of course your perogative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:00 pm

Vypra wrote:
Vypra wrote:
This thread is Quint's. It was created without a specific topic, therefore, it can't go off-topic.

And this is random carp, if trolling and spamming have any place, it's here.

Unless i see evidence of people being victimised (which, i'm absolutely sure won't be happening...), i don't expect to need to do any moderation in this thread.


Still, things do seem to have sunk to the level of schoolyard style bickering over pointless details.

/shrug

Gurf, note the part in bold?

the thread had descended to the point where people were making personal attacks on each other. I'm sorry to say that S-troll was justified in locking the thread.

As I said, it certainly had a few but the thread wasn't given the chance to settle down again, like it had done already. If it had gone for longer then fine (although, as Quint said, people knew what they were coming to the thread for so anyone there should either be prepared to take it or not bother posting), I could understand the action even if I would still disagree with it.

@Vex:
Not spitting any dummies out and won't be posting walls of text here as I've made my point and dont' see any point in saying any more. However, if I think that the forum is being overly moderated then I see no point in remaining here and am simply saying that I'll be leaving if it's the way things go.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:20 pm

Quote :
although, as Quint said, people knew what they were coming to the thread for so anyone there should either be prepared to take it or not bother posting

Problem was that posts like the wall of text from Lyranne showed that people where not prepared. I admit my last post was quite bad compared to my others but, quite frankly, it was the perfect reply to the crap being spewed from that flame post.

I personally do not care and just laugh it off...but if the mods think it was too far then well...It was too far?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:22 pm

I'd hardly say this forum is over-moderated. there's been only 60 moderation actions according to the admin board...that's not exactly a lot you know Razz

However, you must act you feel appropriate.

On the other hand, so must I. I'm the Admin here and it's my responsibility to ensure that nobody has reason to feel that they've been singled out for harassment of any kind. The moderators are here to assist with that and, while some may occasionally seem a little over zealous, I've yet to see -any- moderator actually abusing their powers.

Still, it may be time for a post in the suggestion forum about what both me and the mods, and you, the users, should expect from these kind of situations.

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
torgadon

avatar

Number of posts : 314
Age : 24
Location : northern ireland-derry
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:53 am

Quintilius wrote:
Thank god it's gone?

Can't handle abit of rough discussin'?

Everyone in that thread knew what it was.

Don't have the balls for it, stay out.

Bit in bold =flaming basicly, and by the way you seem to think of it, i'd rather stay out than have the balls to be an idiot
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:19 am

lulz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyranne

avatar

Number of posts : 329
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:09 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Quote :
although, as Quint said, people knew what they were coming to the thread for so anyone there should either be prepared to take it or not bother posting

Problem was that posts like the wall of text from Lyranne showed that people where not prepared. I admit my last post was quite bad compared to my others but, quite frankly, it was the perfect reply to the crap being spewed from that flame post.

I personally do not care and just laugh it off...but if the mods think it was too far then well...It was too far?

That was a flame post? Why, because I referenced taurens and cow pats, or because I called WoW lore loose and wooly? I tasked you to lighten up because you always have this insane need to shout everyone down, or else yell about how everyone's opinion is wrong because you say so. I've yet to see you actually deilver a wall of text that confers to actually giving evidence from lore. You make the occasional quote, but it's no less vague than anything else there. The fact is, like everyone else, you like things to be 'just so'. I didn't once refer to your opinions as being wrong, yet that's all you did to anyone else. I thought this was a free country where such thoughts were allowed to be expressed, but clearly I was wrong with you, Lion. I have nothing against you - Hell, we've had intelligent conversations about real life issues - but as soon as WoW is involved, there is a clear lack of logic administered to how one reacts.

I didn't once take the thread seriously (except comments about war, because I loathe it).
But if you think it was a flame post, I'm not going to argue. After all, it's in the eye of the beholder. I'd consider you referring to people as having thick skulls a bigger cause for concern than my referencing the race of your main character. Heck, I even complimented you in the 'flame post' and had said at least once before that much of what I was saying was playing devil's advocate.

But meh. Forums like that really shouldn't be locked. If people get fed up with them, it's pretty easy to, y'know, stop posting, and unsubscribe to it. Denying people their opinions is no better than censoring everything written.
But if this isn't deleted, and anyone responds, I really can't be arsed responding.

And Lion giving me the finger doesn't affect me. He can say whatever the hell he wants, as he's entitled to it - just as everyone else is.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:28 pm

Lyranne wrote:
Liontooth wrote:
Quote :
although, as Quint said, people knew what they were coming to the thread for so anyone there should either be prepared to take it or not bother posting

Problem was that posts like the wall of text from Lyranne showed that people where not prepared. I admit my last post was quite bad compared to my others but, quite frankly, it was the perfect reply to the crap being spewed from that flame post.

I personally do not care and just laugh it off...but if the mods think it was too far then well...It was too far?

That was a flame post? Why, because I referenced taurens and cow pats, or because I called WoW lore loose and wooly? I tasked you to lighten up because you always have this insane need to shout everyone down, or else yell about how everyone's opinion is wrong because you say so. I've yet to see you actually deilver a wall of text that confers to actually giving evidence from lore. You make the occasional quote, but it's no less vague than anything else there. The fact is, like everyone else, you like things to be 'just so'. I didn't once refer to your opinions as being wrong, yet that's all you did to anyone else. I thought this was a free country where such thoughts were allowed to be expressed, but clearly I was wrong with you, Lion. I have nothing against you - Hell, we've had intelligent conversations about real life issues - but as soon as WoW is involved, there is a clear lack of logic administered to how one reacts.

Reread what you posted...Also the internet is not a country?
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:26 pm

Ah!

Well, with that out of the way I think we should open the thread again!

pirat
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lyranne

avatar

Number of posts : 329
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:40 pm

free country as in a metaphorical country. If anything, the internet allows greater freedom of expression and opinion, even to the point where it's detrimental (seeing as people can easily type up 'facts' about the second world war and deny events). My point was that you did exactly what I knew you'd do. Responded and again implied I was wrong/mistaken. Ho-hum.

I reread what I typed and I honestly don't see your point. You picked the part where I said I had nothing against you, said you were intelligent and where I criticised WoW. Hmm, not very incendiary, unless you don't like being liked.

The thread was locked, and most likely will be again. Though I find that the use of coarse language was given as a mitigating circumstance yet such profanities are on the first page, as well as the last (and many inbetween) a trifle peculiar. Meh, I type.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:49 pm

Quote :
free country as in a metaphorical country. If anything, the internet allows greater freedom of expression and opinion, even to the point where it's detrimental (seeing as people can easily type up 'facts' about the second world war and deny events). My point was that you did exactly what I knew you'd do. Responded and again implied I was wrong/mistaken. Ho-hum.

Then I should have the freedom to counter arguements with my own...freedom of expression and opinion works both ways. "IMO" is not a free ticket not to have what you think argued contrary to popular belief.

To be honest I am not the only one who "needs to take the stick from his arse" (oh snap)
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

avatar

Number of posts : 329
Age : 34
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:56 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Quote :
free country as in a metaphorical country. If anything, the internet allows greater freedom of expression and opinion, even to the point where it's detrimental (seeing as people can easily type up 'facts' about the second world war and deny events). My point was that you did exactly what I knew you'd do. Responded and again implied I was wrong/mistaken. Ho-hum.

Then I should have the freedom to counter arguements with my own...freedom of expression and opinion works both ways. "IMO" is not a free ticket not to have what you think argued contrary to popular belief.

To be honest I am not the only one who "needs to take the stick from HER arse" (oh snap)

*fixed*

My point was and is that you don't like people disareeing with you. any conversation or debate ends up with you wading in, throwing down a giant book and saying 'YOU'RE ALL WRONG".

I also didn't say that opinion is not arguable, but rather that opinion is not -wrong-. If this was opinion about something important, like the holocaust, then yes, opinions should be shot down and any moron who denies it should be arrested. But for something like WoW? A computer game where even on a server with supposedly strict rules, most decide that they won't follow them. A game that has countless faults... To defend that in such a manner is why I suggested you had a stick up your arse. WoW is not important, so why come into every situation and shout all opinions down if they differ from your own. Also: What part of "devils advocate" do you not comprehend?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Delivered.   

Back to top Go down
 
Delivered.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Garage, Clapping Move, VIB Stuff and lots of new stuff delivered today!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: