We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP

Go down 
+8
Opathu
Siheld
Chowlawu
Shadowtroll
Alaster Grymm
Snicka
torgadon
Quintilius
12 posters
AuthorMessage

Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP Empty
PostSubject: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:45 pm

Ok... i have nothing against ERP and holding hands and that sort of stuff... it doesn't bother me at all that people do it and i am no one to laugh or censor them.

What does bother me is the Absolute lack of RP rules and Lore knowledge shown by the members of the Unseelie Court.

These fellows plague Silvermoon City ruining any sort of RP attempt by outsiders or even other respectable Blood Elf roleplayers that would certainly like to roleplay in their own capital without having to endure OOC crap, total disrespect or ignorance on the Lore, i mean the examples are endless...

They walk around with Demons, but ofc the guards will not kill them "bcz we haz friendz"
They have no clue on what a Blood Knight is and the authority they have in SMC
They claim to kill lore figures (Dar'Khan for example) because they happened to kill the elite mob while questing...
On and on and on...

I know i know, sour as usual. One could say, "stay away from them then", and belive me i would, if they weren't every-freackin-where in that city... how could one roleplay in conditions there with such cretins lurking around?

And if you act cool and try to somehow help them out by giving them pointers or tips on how to improve their "roleplay", you get a /facepalm or a " STFU WE JUST WANTZ TO BE WITH FRIENDZ"...

I'd make a petition to get this guys transefered to any other rp realm, and i'm sure many would agree with me!
That or buy these guys a copy of The Sims 3, i'm sure they would love it!

Bring on the flame!

Last edited by Othragon on Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:54 pm

Oh dear.

*pops himself a bucket of popcorn and pulls out a recliner* Mmm.
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:10 pm

lol this is gonna be fun to watch
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:16 pm

So Silvermoon City became what it already was on other servers - deserving the nickname Cybormoon City?
When I was still playing, it was the Big Empty City, and I was surprised that on other RP servers people complained that it's the Horde equivalent of Goldshire... but I guess the city could not avoid its fate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:30 pm

Lol Snicka. That is what I said on the realm forums Razz

These are the types I rant about and do not see why the hell they should be ignored or allowed to even be considered RPers.
Back to top Go down
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 3:39 pm

Othragon, there is an addon out there for extending your ignore list if it gets too much for you but on a more serious note if you feel they give you OOC grief simply ignore it and only deal with them IC. If you feel their claims are out of line IC simply adopt a response of '*chuckles* Yeah, sure you have pal. You're on some real good stuff there my friend, mind if I ask you whom you scored from?'

Any one can RP 'Hey I did this!' its' really up to the listener to decide if you're going to believe them. Afterall how can they prove it to you? Walk you up to the respawned mob and ask you to watch them do it again?

You might not like ERP, frankly what people get up to in private is up to them (bear in mind privacy means whispers or party chat, sex should not be so good the entire quarter has to go and have a cigarette afterwards!), but its' their right. Same as its' your right to walk in on them and yell 'THAT'S MY WIFE YOU CAD! Oh hang on ... sorry about that. Wrong house ... erm please do continue.' before hurriedly exiting.

Ignore what you can't stand, mock what you don't believe and adapt. Don't let someone else ruin an area for you or work up a rage.

After all some people might bitch that the House's recent activities make things just as bad for the server, but again its' the House's and the Heritage's choice to wage war and up to the rest of us if we wish to get involved or ignore it.

We all have our bugbears about RP, mine has always been RP without consequence where everything is like an episode of Star Trek:TNG and nothing bad continues beyond the appropriate episode.

Apologies for the wall text, but in summary, if it gets to you that badly type /ignore and think of this.
"On this server there is a Guild for everthing and everything eventually settles into its' place. " Meaning they won't be applying for the House anytime soon, will they?

As for Lion's comment about allowing them to be considered RPers, surely each of us individually consider who we think are RPers and who we don't?
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:34 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Lol Snicka. That is what I said on the realm forums Razz

Sorry, Lion, I don't read the realm forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:49 pm

Alaster Grymm wrote:

As for Lion's comment about allowing them to be considered RPers, surely each of us individually consider who we think are RPers and who we don't?

So would you consider "IRTANKLOLZ" an RPer? Didn't think so. Ignoring a problem and hiding away in a happy place does not make the problem go away, as /ignore shows time and time again. Topics like this are more healthy and realistic than "lets all live and let live"

Also the war between Heritage and House being compared to this is silly I am sorry to point out.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 4:53 pm

To be honest I feel for Othragon a bit, Unseelie Court (some of its members, not sure about current ones) made me leave the place and my regular events there like the Black Market and the Bar Nights. I couldn't bear it anymore and did the first best thing, moved on and ignored. Sure they are a pain although haven't been in that place for long to be fair, anyway if its OOC you can report it, once a players gets too many times reported he will be taken care of in warnings, or even 1-3 day bans etc.

Best way to deal with it is to set a example, as a matter of fact I dont want to flame but I wouldn't recommend any serious Role Player or someone who wants a bit of immersion in this game -any- of the current Blood Elf guilds existent.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:05 pm

Liontooth wrote:

So would you consider "IRTANKLOLZ" an RPer? Didn't think so.

That said, Lion. I've met a few really good rp'ers who's names were a little outside the naming convention. "Dsyr" and "Haliescomet" are two off of the top of my head.

Judging based on name is a good start, but it won't get you all the way. ( Seriously, what kind of name is Chowlawu? Or Nameya? (Name-ya?) )

I've met an Unseelie or two who were actually quite good, but I've met my fair share of bad ones too.

*drops 2c in the jar*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:13 pm

Chowlawu wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

That said, Lion. I've met a few really good rp'ers who's names were a little outside the naming convention. "Dsyr" and "Haliescomet" are two off of the top of my head.

Judging based on name is a good start, but it won't get you all the way. ( Seriously, what kind of name is Chowlawu? Or Nameya? (Name-ya?) )

I've met an Unseelie or two who were actually quite good, but I've met my fair share of bad ones too.

*drops 2c in the jar*

Chowlawu sounds like a chinese take away dish IMO. No seriously the fact is, There is a basis to hold before you should be considered an RPer...One of these is if you RP and how much effort you put into it. Everyone loves someone that tries and, I am sorry to say but, a good 90% of Unseelies I have seen do not even keep to the "No OOC in /s" rule.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:16 pm

Chowlawu wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

Judging based on name is a good start, but it won't get you all the way.

*drops 2c in the jar*

Chow is right in that. People may have given silly non-rp-ish names to their characters when they started playing the game, then they may have gotten into RP later, and became brilliant roleplayers, but couldn't afford the name change.

Says the roleplayer with an alt called Jintonick.
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:18 pm

Well, OOC in /s is a dead giveaway, my point was that names can't be your basis for telling that someone isn't an rp'er withoug anything else to go by.

And yes, Chowlawu does sound like a take away.. Though I don't want to venture a guess as to what "Chicken Chow-lawu" would contain beside the chicken.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 5:20 pm

Snicka wrote:

Chow is right in that. People may have given silly non-rp-ish names to their characters when they started playing the game, then they may have gotten into RP later, and became brilliant roleplayers, but couldn't afford the name change.

Says the roleplayer with an alt called Jintonick.

I totally agree!
*was once called Shieldwizard*
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:16 pm

I've been called Richard Head a few times ...
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Avior

Avior

Number of posts : 275
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:18 pm

Siheld wrote:

I totally agree!
*was once called Shieldwizard*
I see what you did there! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Indeed Razz
Everybody that used to think my name was a typo.
IT WASN'T!!
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 8:01 pm

Who gives a fuck?

Seriously...you lose sympathy and credibility around about "I know I should ignore or avoid them, but that would take effort".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 10:18 pm

Crowley wrote:

Seriously...you lose sympathy and credibility around about "I know I should ignore or avoid them, but that would take effort".

Actually it takes alot more effort to speak up about them than to stick your fingers in your ears and sing "lalala not listening"...Which is probably why alot more people prefer

Quote :
Who gives a fuck?
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:34 am

TBH, I'm not really sure I like this thread being on WAL. The Latest from SSL sub forum is supposed to be about RP news, events and guilds happening on SSL.
I don't really see how a personal attack on a guild fits that bill.

I might actually agree with some of the sentiments about their standards being expressed in the post. However, I don't think it does anything for supporting WAL as an open forum for all by letting this post go ahead here.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 am

Vexacus wrote:
TBH, I'm not really sure I like this thread being on WAL. The Latest from SSL sub forum is supposed to be about RP news, events and guilds happening on SSL.
I don't really see how a personal attack on a guild fits that bill.

I might actually agree with some of the sentiments about their standards being expressed in the post. However, I don't think it does anything for supporting WAL as an open forum for all by letting this post go ahead here.

Moved it to Random Carp
Back to top Go down
Lyranne

Lyranne

Number of posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:26 am

Snicka wrote:

Says the roleplayer with a main named after a chocolate bar.

Razz

But on a more serious note, I did see a few Unseelies being hassled by an OOCer outside the barbers on Dalaran. 'twas a bit peculiar, but at least they didn't resort to the ooc in /s that they were being confronted with. RP should be judged by the individuals, rather than grouping an entire guild and saying 'lol, they suck at RP bad cuz one or two of them are dicks'.

Having said that, I know from at least two people who got into the guild to try and help improve it that for the most part, they see WoW as a lore-free make-believe sandbox. Fine to an extent, but as has been proven, it's been take to daft extremes.

However, I do feel sorry for people like Halti who seem to be very nice, very good RPers who happen to have been linked with the Unseelie Court.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:06 am

Actually, I meant to lock this already. If anyone wants to continue this discussion you can do so on the realm forum thread.

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=11155679643&sid=1

WAL is supposed to be a free forum for people of all levels of RP ability, I don't believe this thread supports that.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 10:07 am

Some people can't acces the forums Vex Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP   Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP Empty

Back to top Go down

Unseelie Court: How to murder blood elf RP
Page 1 of 1