We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:27 pm

Ok, so this is a collection of thoughts as to how it all links in, but it came from an "epiphany" after having the fact that Deathwing is given his new power from the Old Gods.

It is my belief that Blizz are going for the final end boss/bosses to be part of a clash between the Old Gods and the Titans.
Look at what you have in vanilla:
The villains are first a troll God (does he have links with the Old Gods?) followed by 2 old Gods (Raggy and C'thun) before a deranged Deathwing and then finally Naxx. We see potentially 3 Old Gods trying their luck and then a character who has powers from the Titans causing the trouble (let's not forget, Kel'Thuzad's power comes from Arthas, who's power comes from (or certainly did at the time) the Legion, whose power came from Sargeras, a Titan.
The you have the villains from TBC:
The Legion (as said, Titan-powered), along with the Infinite Dragonflight (again Titan-powered, regardless of which Aspect is in charge), Illidan et al (power from the Legion AND the Eye of Sargeras, all Titan stuff).
WotLK:
All starts with the Scourge, so all power from the Legion you'd think. Then we also have Yogg Saron, who's a Old God. However, the repeated comment by people about the Lich King is that he has continued to grow in power to the point where he was able to remove himself from the control of the legion.
This is where my epiphany came. I reckon that the Lich King is the first "champion" of the Old Gods to have been unleashed. I reckon that his long "sleep" has left him affect and empowered by the Old Gods and that's why he's been able to do all that he has done. But he wasn't the only one.
Cataclysm:
We see Deathwing bursting back onto the scene and he has been empowered by the Old Gods. I think he's the next step in the Old Gods creating champions who have both the powers of the Old Gods and Titanic powers in the hope that when the Titans finally come back, as I'm sure they will, they will meet the toughest possible test in trying to regain control of Azeroth. And it's because of this that I see a light at the end of the tunnel for the Lich King to be defeated in the Icecrown Citadel dungeons and still be brought back at a later date by the Old Gods.
Back to top Go down
Lauron

avatar

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:18 pm

I believe that the Lich King will do anything, but be defeated.
Even the trailer says... "AS the battle against Lich King goes on..."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaster Grymm

avatar

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:38 pm

I think Gurfang is thinking more longer term than Cataclysm and he said could make sense, assuming of course (and this is a big IF) if Blizzard themselves think this far ahead.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:46 pm

Alaster Grymm wrote:
I think Gurfang is thinking more longer term than Cataclysm and he said could make sense, assuming of course (and this is a big IF) if Blizzard themselves think this far ahead.

From the lore-writers point of view, they have to be looking that far ahead otherwise they make their job a hell of a lot harder when it comes to creating stuff. Sure, they probably only have vague ideas, but there still has to be an end plan set to be worked towards.

Part of me wouldn't be surprised if Medivh's son with Garona becomes a part of it and gets corrupted by the Old Gods too, leading to him fighting Thrall for the control of Azeroth. But with the thoughts I've had of late, I don't think it matters if he is brought into the WoW lore as the creation of champions like Deathwing and Arthas would mean that Azeroth would need a champion and Thrall would be as good a choice as any.
Back to top Go down
Avior

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:44 pm

You just won't leave Med'an alone, will you?
For the love of Naaru, why does he ever have to fight Thrall, or anyone else?! Why can't he become the Guardian after Thrall? And why do you think he's even aiming for becoming one?

As for the Titans vs Old Gods thingy, there will be no epic showdown. If the Old Gods ever become a considerable nuisance, they will simply be destroyed along with the whole Azeroth — yeah, the Titans are just that powerful. And Arthas... I think he's considered being somewhere at the level of an aspect now, nothing special.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:58 pm

Avior wrote:
You just won't leave Med'an alone, will you?
For the love of Naaru, why does he ever have to fight Thrall, or anyone else?! Why can't he become the Guardian after Thrall? And why do you think he's even aiming for becoming one?

Fine, and all your ideas because I don't like them suck balls. So what if I keep suggesting him as a possible villain for the future?! Because you don't like them I should stop? The thread is a collection of thoughts, MY thoughts. Don't like them? Don't read them! But to constantly whine about them?

Avior wrote:
As for the Titans vs Old Gods thingy, there will be no epic showdown. If the Old Gods ever become a considerable nuisance, they will simply be destroyed along with the whole Azeroth yeah, the Titans are just that powerful. And Arthas... I think he's considered being somewhere at the level of an aspect now, nothing special.

So they're not a nuisance now? Old gods causing problems north, south and now helping Deathwing to ravage the whole planet? No, clearly not a problem!

As to the Titans, I'm not so sure that they are THAT powerful. They are classified as demi-gods, which puts them on a par with Cenarius, Gruul and Ragnaros.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:49 pm

I notice Blizzard are killing/shoving to the side their WC3 creations in place of Knaaks abominations creations
Back to top Go down
Avior

avatar

Number of posts : 275
Age : 27
Registration date : 2009-02-07

PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:38 pm

Gurfang wrote:

Fine, and all your ideas because I don't like them suck balls. So what if I keep suggesting him as a possible villain for the future?! Because you don't like them I should stop? The thread is a collection of thoughts, MY thoughts. Don't like them? Don't read them! But to constantly whine about them?
Alright, alright, whatever. Let Med'an be a 40 man raid boss, i don't really care. Forcing the idea wherever possible doesn't make it better though.
Gurfang wrote:

So they're not a nuisance now? Old gods causing problems north, south and now helping Deathwing to ravage the whole planet? No, clearly not a problem!

As to the Titans, I'm not so sure that they are THAT powerful. They are classified as demi-gods, which puts them on a par with Cenarius, Gruul and Ragnaros.
Of course that's not a problem. Have you seen many titans on Azeroth? Nope? Thought so. That's because they have more important stuff to do than to fix one particular world. On the other hand, if Sargeras has taken interest in it, they might one day return and check how things are going. And yes, they are exactly THAT powerful. If you really consider them being on par with Gruul, then... oh well...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:59 pm

Avior wrote:
Gurfang wrote:

So they're not a nuisance now? Old gods causing problems north, south and now helping Deathwing to ravage the whole planet? No, clearly not a problem!

As to the Titans, I'm not so sure that they are THAT powerful. They are classified as demi-gods, which puts them on a par with Cenarius, Gruul and Ragnaros.
Of course that's not a problem. Have you seen many titans on Azeroth? Nope? Thought so. That's because they have more important stuff to do than to fix one particular world. On the other hand, if Sargeras has taken interest in it, they might one day return and check how things are going. And yes, they are exactly THAT powerful. If you really consider them being on par with Gruul, then... oh well...

http://www.wowwiki.com/Demigods

Sure, there are different levels of power, but they still have limits. I remember reading somewhere that part of the reason they haven't done anything about the state of Azeroth is because they have moved on across the cosmos to fiddle with other worlds and either haven't heard about what's going on or are so far away that it will take a very long time (remember that they left 64000 years before the First War) for them to get back. That plus we don't know how much of the mess that the Legion has wreaked across the stars they have had to deal with. All we know about is that they haven't come to deal with the mess that the world they created into something akin to Eden has become.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW   

Back to top Go down
 
The end aim for Blizz on the lore of WoW
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» LICH Lore - features requests
» The DB Duskwood Lore Project
» Wow lore cliff-notes
» Underworld lore
» Lore of the Wild

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: