Share | 

Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:52 pm

Most of the players here have been around this lovely server for a long time, my fun started when I learned how to RP(properly). To bad I still suck at it. We all had our epic, fun, awesome moments..and lately I have been reading old SSL-realmforum topics about The Darnassus Sentinels, The Eye story-line and even Opathu stealing a Naaru Razz I'm really motivated and eager to re-live those awesome moments with lots of players.. I miss players I RP'ed with those days, all those people who left..

Now I was wondering, what was your most epic, memorable or emotional moments on Scarshield Legion (RP- and OOC wise)?

(For those who were wondering, yes I miss the vanilla days, yes I have nostalgic feelings!)

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 pm

I never wrote up the story about how Opathu violated Vol'jinn's daughter. Nor what "secrets" he holds over Thrall (or, for that matter, General Vexacus ^^) Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:29 pm

Haha tell us, when did THAT happen? Razz
But really, the Naaru story+screens were epic.

Lauron

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:38 pm

Siheld wrote:
+screens were epic.

Siheld! Get yer ass online someday!

Found an old screenshot, which proves, that I owe you 10g
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:34 pm

My "epic" memories are spending 1 week RPing just from the room where the doctor is on Theramore (as Gurthang), only leaving once for a raid on Onyxia because it was just around the corner before returning to captivity, all because of a running story that went from Gurthang having a thing for a demon-troubled Night Elf druid to him having a drinking problem and eventually being institutionalised. The whole thing between Gurthang and his beau, Lottire, spawned a hell of a lot of in-guild RP and my week on Theramore brought at least 3 visits from various groups of guildmates, including Emanee, Bippy and Noctus. The story is written up, with pictures, in the story section here (copied from the original write up on the Exiles forum).
My other main memory is around the development of Gurfang as a character, purely through writing stories. Before, my RP had been all about what I had done in game. With Gurfang's progression, whilst some of what was written happened in game, a lot of it was created purely for the stories.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:45 am

And, although not really anything to do with RP, I have fond memories of when I was in mid-20's to early 30's in Duskwood and hearing the shout that Stitches had broken through! Seeing him ravage Darkshire as 10 or more players tried to take him down was just fantastic!
Back to top Go down
Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:24 pm

Lauron wrote:
Siheld wrote:
+screens were epic.

Siheld! Get yer ass online someday!

Found an old screenshot, which proves, that I owe you 10g

Eeek, show or it didn't happen!

My memories are:

Walking into Ironforge in my lvl 10's, while christmas. The music was so epic, the atmosphere so warm and friendly and the city was soo big. During that time I also abtained Frostbit staff, it looked so epic, but it was simply a worthless grey thing.
A less cool memory, was meeting Jorja in game, an 18 year old girl from brittain, who I later found out had cancer. I cried infront of the screen while she was telling me her story (I was in Exodar with my Draenei alt). A few weeks later, I recieved an in-game letter, in who her girlfriend explained she passed away. We had so much fun lvling and roleplaying.. *sigh*
So, I had my fun times and emo times, WoW really has a place in my heart Wink

Lauron

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:26 pm

One of the best and oldest memories I have, are from my warrior times in 2005. (Too bad not from SSL)

Anyways. The thing was, that there were as many as 10 people gong trough Upper Blackrock Spire and they would stay in character all the time. I remember the group even stopping for long times to have breaks and once for some in character arguing, which led to drama, deaths and crying. "Leave her, we still got a job to do!"

It took us only five or six hours to go trough the instance that day...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:01 pm

All my SSL memories are old school.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!   

Back to top Go down

Nostalgia, oh nostalgia!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1