We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home
 
HomePortalCalendarGalleryFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 soo...hobbies and stuff, post!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
torgadon

avatar

Number of posts : 314
Age : 24
Location : northern ireland-derry
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 am

Ok, i reckon this could be a thread were people talk about hoobies with each other and discuss etc stuff like, reading, sports, tabletop games, other hooby'ish' stuff?

so,get it started, any people interested in gamesworkshop stuff, mainly warhammer and warhammer 40k?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vypra
Admin
avatar

Number of posts : 2810
Age : 41
Location : Warrington, UK
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:17 am

Well, as you should have been able to notice by now, aside from pc games, my main hobby is reading.

I love sci-fi, fantasy and horror, though to be honest, the boundaries between those 3 genres are extremely flexible, even overlapping in many cases Wink

I've also done a fair bit of pen & paper rp (PnP-rp) over the years. Vex and i have mostly played Warhammer fantasy roleplay (WHFRP) but we tried a couple of other systems such as these two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Shui_%28role-playing_game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

_________________
"We are the ones that want to choose; always want to play but you never want to lose."
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:38 am

Vypra wrote:
Well, as you should have been able to notice by now, aside from pc games, my main hobby is reading.

I love sci-fi, fantasy and horror, though to be honest, the boundaries between those 3 genres are extremely flexible, even overlapping in many cases Wink

I've also done a fair bit of pen & paper rp (PnP-rp) over the years. Vex and i have mostly played Warhammer fantasy roleplay (WHFRP) but we tried a couple of other systems such as these two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Shui_%28role-playing_game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

I'm now imagining the 2 of you at the dining room table, full scene set, each to their own end of the table. Vex plays Undead, Vyp plays High Elves. Big sheet of paper stuck to the wall with a tally of who's won over the years Razz
Back to top Go down
Kadris

avatar

Number of posts : 126
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 am

torgadon wrote:
Ok, i reckon this could be a thread were people talk about hoobies with each other and discuss etc stuff like, reading, sports, tabletop games, other hooby'ish' stuff?

so,get it started, any people interested in gamesworkshop stuff, mainly warhammer and warhammer 40k?

I started playing D&D when I was 10 (coming up on 27 years ago) branched onto AD&D, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulu, TMNT, Space Marines for light entertainment... Probably some I'm forgetting. I used to go to Games Workshop (Tho I called it Smelly Boys Sweatshop due to the fact that it didn't matter what age of male was in there playing, none seemed to ever consider deodorant.) to buy lead paints and the occasional lead set if any were suitable - i.e. not 'chaos spikey bits'.

Not played any in some years now, the advent of online games pretty much killed our group gathering for tabletop.

Main hobbies (besides online gaming) now: LARP, motorbiking, rugby, storm chasing, reading and writing.
Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
torgadon

avatar

Number of posts : 314
Age : 24
Location : northern ireland-derry
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:09 pm

oh, if any of you have models from warhammer/warhammer 40k be sure to post them up Razz
Im thinking of buying new vampire counts, but i may just spam the skeletons and grave gaurd, i love them, if i can somehow work my brain and get pictures of my model i will post them too Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opathu

avatar

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Kadris wrote:
torgadon wrote:
Ok, i reckon this could be a thread were people talk about hoobies with each other and discuss etc stuff like, reading, sports, tabletop games, other hooby'ish' stuff?

so,get it started, any people interested in gamesworkshop stuff, mainly warhammer and warhammer 40k?

I started playing D&D when I was 10 (coming up on 27 years ago) branched onto AD&D, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulu, TMNT, Space Marines for light entertainment... Probably some I'm forgetting. I used to go to Games Workshop (Tho I called it Smelly Boys Sweatshop due to the fact that it didn't matter what age of male was in there playing, none seemed to ever consider deodorant.) to buy lead paints and the occasional lead set if any were suitable - i.e. not 'chaos spikey bits'.

Not played any in some years now, the advent of online games pretty much killed our group gathering for tabletop.

Main hobbies (besides online gaming) now: LARP, motorbiking, rugby, storm chasing, reading and writing.
Smile

You were lucky mate. I used to work in a games shop selling Games Workshop and other RPG games to the same teenagers ... (probably all accountants by now, or computer programmers).
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Alaster Grymm

avatar

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Did my work experience at a Games Workshop just as they hit the stock market. The work itself was not an education but watching the change in the company from just inside the door was fascinating if horrifying.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Manovan Marrowsteel

avatar

Number of posts : 319
Age : 30
Location : Sweden
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 pm

My hobby is the community website I'm administrating where Swedish amateur writers help each other develop. It's been growing rapidly and has lately been well accepted by Swedish authors, teachers and publishers. Personally, I still have long ways off before I'm confident enough to debut, but thanks to this hobby of mine, I already have strong contacts that can vouch for me or aid my progress.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.responscirkeln.nu
munechi



Number of posts : 434
Age : 108
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:05 pm

i have a gobbo army with warhammer.

goblin doom diver FTW (killed an empire guy worth 400 points with it once (doom diver is 80 points)) Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:08 pm

I wish I could say that Warhammer tabletop gaming was a hobby, but I've never really had a group of friends with the interest for long enough to work up to it. The best I ever managed was Space Crusade, which was in vogue for no more than a year.
Back to top Go down
Artein

avatar

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sun Oct 11, 2009 12:23 am

I have a Dark Elf army for WFB and small Sisters of Battle army for Wh40k.
I played quite a lot Wampire the Masquerade (RPG) in the past and a bit of WFRP.
Also (it it my dark secret), when I was young (10 years ago?) I was playing Pokemon Trading Card Game....
Speaking of which, I'm thinking about starting Vampire the Eternal Struggle (TCG based on RPG).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
kongore



Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:40 am

Hm, lets see now. My hobbies include playing electric guitar (coming on 9-10 years now), mountain biking, airsoft (will explain what that is if anyone is curuious), Rp, and I did used to collect Warhammer for around 10 years but its more of an on and off thing. I had a large warhammer Orc army (WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAARGH!) and a small 40k Black Templar army which I focused my painting and conversion skills with, quality over quantity, eh?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:48 am

Hmm apart from playing bass and getting drunk with bandmates, wich has been going on for almost seven years now, i still play Diablo II now and then, but between the band, work, the gf and wow i hardly have time to do something else.

Airsoft once a month, joggging every weekend and bed time book.
That's about it.
Back to top Go down
kongore



Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Fri Oct 16, 2009 11:59 am

Oioi, Oth.. I didn't know you played! I'm just begging to ask whether you got any rifles of yer own? I've been playing for the best of 2 years now and starting to rack up a nice collection. *grin*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kadris

avatar

Number of posts : 126
Age : 44
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:08 am

Opathu wrote:

You were lucky mate. I used to work in a games shop selling Games Workshop and other RPG games to the same teenagers ... (probably all accountants by now, or computer programmers).
Awesome... and I thought spending more than 20 mins in there was bad. lol I guess when you're there all day you just don't notice the smell anymore? Laughing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Quintilius

avatar

Number of posts : 735
Age : 32
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 am

I've never been in a Games Workshop store. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akaula

avatar

Number of posts : 88
Age : 32
Location : Manchester, UK
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:31 pm

I once got mobbed outside a Games Workshop by an overly aggressive store clerk. As this happened during my younger years, the experience has left me both irreparably scarred and overly apprehensive about ever going near one again.


I now spend my time going to the gym, script writing and and being a massive film geek. Which is nice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/GhastlyMcNasty
Opathu

avatar

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Akaula wrote:
I once got mobbed outside a Games Workshop by an overly aggressive store clerk. As this happened during my younger years, the experience has left me both irreparably scarred and overly apprehensive about ever going near one again.


I now spend my time going to the gym, script writing and and being a massive film geek. Which is nice. Very Happy

Sounds interesting mate. What's your "job", so to speak?

cheers

Op
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 pm

kongore wrote:
Oioi, Oth.. I didn't know you played! I'm just begging to ask whether you got any rifles of yer own? I've been playing for the best of 2 years now and starting to rack up a nice collection. *grin*

Hehe, i started about a year ago, with a gas bottle HK Usp full metal replica wich i use as backup now, i've gotten a Mini-Uzi, also gas but only the barrel is made of metal and has no precision at all, mostly a BB ball waster =/

Ever since me and the guys got federated and armed to the teeth, i had to go and buy that sweet electric charged MP5 that has a 450bb's cartridge and full automatic fire mode, lantern and red dot!

We usually train in an old warehouse or a ruined house in the countryside, 4v4 teams when we get enough folk, assault or capture the flag, it's fun and painfull lol i've gotten countless hemathomes and got hit in the chin once, the BB pierced the shitty mask i used at the time =) all good
Back to top Go down
Akaula

avatar

Number of posts : 88
Age : 32
Location : Manchester, UK
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Opathu wrote:


Sounds interesting mate. What's your "job", so to speak?

cheers

Op


"Media Practitioner" Although I tend to work as a Video Editor Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://twitter.com/GhastlyMcNasty
kongore



Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:25 am

Othragon wrote:
kongore wrote:
Oioi, Oth.. I didn't know you played! I'm just begging to ask whether you got any rifles of yer own? I've been playing for the best of 2 years now and starting to rack up a nice collection. *grin*

Hehe, i started about a year ago, with a gas bottle HK Usp full metal replica wich i use as backup now, i've gotten a Mini-Uzi, also gas but only the barrel is made of metal and has no precision at all, mostly a BB ball waster =/

Ever since me and the guys got federated and armed to the teeth, i had to go and buy that sweet electric charged MP5 that has a 450bb's cartridge and full automatic fire mode, lantern and red dot!

We usually train in an old warehouse or a ruined house in the countryside, 4v4 teams when we get enough folk, assault or capture the flag, it's fun and painfull lol i've gotten countless hemathomes and got hit in the chin once, the BB pierced the shitty mask i used at the time =) all good

Sweet.. So far I've got an electric HK G36c, Steyr AUG-A3, and Deagle (which does full auto, I have no idea why.. relistic, aint it? xD) and also recently purchased a spring bolt action L96 (sniper). I've been playing for the best part of 2 years, had my fair share of incidents (like running out infront of friendlies as they fire, resulting in me getting scrayed full auto in the ass from 4 feet away.. that was sore!).. also been slowly building up a flecktarn Brundeswehr (German Army) uniform, its awesome for the forest site I play at.

Strangely enough, I've noticed I have had no spare cash since I started, its a fookin wallet bleeder!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shadowtroll

avatar

Number of posts : 1519
Age : 25
Location : Bulgaria
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:40 am

Quote :
flecktarn Bundeswehr (German Army) uniform
Smile

_________________
Son of a Biscuit Eater!
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
kongore



Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:00 pm

t'was a typo Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Alaster Grymm

avatar

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Quote :
Sweet.. So far I've got an electric HK G36c, Steyr AUG-A3, and Deagle (which does full auto, I have no idea why.. relistic, aint it? xD) and also recently purchased a spring bolt action L96 (sniper).

If you want realism, Kongore, take up reinactment with me, get yourself a shotgun licence and fire a black powder smoothbore Baker Rifle. Brace, pull the trigger, then one bang followed by a helluva bang! A whole lot of fun to fire but a real bad day to get in the way of.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Opathu

avatar

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:18 pm

One day I am going to ask one of my ex-SF contacts if I can shoot a few rounds from an AK-47. One chap, ex-SAS warrant officer, now runs live fire training in the Czech Republic and also does training for journos, NGO people etc going to hostile environments. Keep thinking I should write a story about that. Probably crap my pants though.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.nickryan.net
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   

Back to top Go down
 
soo...hobbies and stuff, post!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Hey public beta stuff! -Post here in regards to the beta-
» Wierd as hell diorama stuff...
» Selling 40k Orks and Gorkamorka stuff
» Grade 12s who are going on to play post-secondary, AAA/AA/A
» Pretty Cool Tomb Kings stuff for dirt cheap!!!! BUY IT!!!!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: