We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

soo...hobbies and stuff, post!

Go down 
+10
Quintilius
kongore
Artein
munechi
Manovan Marrowsteel
Alaster Grymm
Opathu
Kadris
Vypra
torgadon
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

soo...hobbies and stuff, post! Empty
PostSubject: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:02 am

Ok, i reckon this could be a thread were people talk about hoobies with each other and discuss etc stuff like, reading, sports, tabletop games, other hooby'ish' stuff?

so,get it started, any people interested in gamesworkshop stuff, mainly warhammer and warhammer 40k?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:17 am

Well, as you should have been able to notice by now, aside from pc games, my main hobby is reading.

I love sci-fi, fantasy and horror, though to be honest, the boundaries between those 3 genres are extremely flexible, even overlapping in many cases Wink

I've also done a fair bit of pen & paper rp (PnP-rp) over the years. Vex and i have mostly played Warhammer fantasy roleplay (WHFRP) but we tried a couple of other systems such as these two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Shui_%28role-playing_game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:38 am

Vypra wrote:
Well, as you should have been able to notice by now, aside from pc games, my main hobby is reading.

I love sci-fi, fantasy and horror, though to be honest, the boundaries between those 3 genres are extremely flexible, even overlapping in many cases Wink

I've also done a fair bit of pen & paper rp (PnP-rp) over the years. Vex and i have mostly played Warhammer fantasy roleplay (WHFRP) but we tried a couple of other systems such as these two:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feng_Shui_%28role-playing_game%29

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadlands

I'm now imagining the 2 of you at the dining room table, full scene set, each to their own end of the table. Vex plays Undead, Vyp plays High Elves. Big sheet of paper stuck to the wall with a tally of who's won over the years Razz
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:33 am

torgadon wrote:
Ok, i reckon this could be a thread were people talk about hoobies with each other and discuss etc stuff like, reading, sports, tabletop games, other hooby'ish' stuff?

so,get it started, any people interested in gamesworkshop stuff, mainly warhammer and warhammer 40k?

I started playing D&D when I was 10 (coming up on 27 years ago) branched onto AD&D, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulu, TMNT, Space Marines for light entertainment... Probably some I'm forgetting. I used to go to Games Workshop (Tho I called it Smelly Boys Sweatshop due to the fact that it didn't matter what age of male was in there playing, none seemed to ever consider deodorant.) to buy lead paints and the occasional lead set if any were suitable - i.e. not 'chaos spikey bits'.

Not played any in some years now, the advent of online games pretty much killed our group gathering for tabletop.

Main hobbies (besides online gaming) now: LARP, motorbiking, rugby, storm chasing, reading and writing.
Smile
Back to top Go down
torgadon

torgadon

Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-06-12

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:09 pm

oh, if any of you have models from warhammer/warhammer 40k be sure to post them up Razz
Im thinking of buying new vampire counts, but i may just spam the skeletons and grave gaurd, i love them, if i can somehow work my brain and get pictures of my model i will post them too Smile
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 12:23 pm

Kadris wrote:
torgadon wrote:

I started playing D&D when I was 10 (coming up on 27 years ago) branched onto AD&D, Shadowrun, Call of Cthulu, TMNT, Space Marines for light entertainment... Probably some I'm forgetting. I used to go to Games Workshop (Tho I called it Smelly Boys Sweatshop due to the fact that it didn't matter what age of male was in there playing, none seemed to ever consider deodorant.) to buy lead paints and the occasional lead set if any were suitable - i.e. not 'chaos spikey bits'.

Not played any in some years now, the advent of online games pretty much killed our group gathering for tabletop.

Main hobbies (besides online gaming) now: LARP, motorbiking, rugby, storm chasing, reading and writing.
Smile

You were lucky mate. I used to work in a games shop selling Games Workshop and other RPG games to the same teenagers ... (probably all accountants by now, or computer programmers).
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 3:31 pm

Did my work experience at a Games Workshop just as they hit the stock market. The work itself was not an education but watching the change in the company from just inside the door was fascinating if horrifying.
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 4:16 pm

My hobby is the community website I'm administrating where Swedish amateur writers help each other develop. It's been growing rapidly and has lately been well accepted by Swedish authors, teachers and publishers. Personally, I still have long ways off before I'm confident enough to debut, but thanks to this hobby of mine, I already have strong contacts that can vouch for me or aid my progress.
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 10:05 pm

i have a gobbo army with warhammer.

goblin doom diver FTW (killed an empire guy worth 400 points with it once (doom diver is 80 points)) Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 09, 2009 11:08 pm

I wish I could say that Warhammer tabletop gaming was a hobby, but I've never really had a group of friends with the interest for long enough to work up to it. The best I ever managed was Space Crusade, which was in vogue for no more than a year.
Back to top Go down
Artein

Artein

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2009-09-01

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySun Oct 11, 2009 12:23 am

I have a Dark Elf army for WFB and small Sisters of Battle army for Wh40k.
I played quite a lot Wampire the Masquerade (RPG) in the past and a bit of WFRP.
Also (it it my dark secret), when I was young (10 years ago?) I was playing Pokemon Trading Card Game....
Speaking of which, I'm thinking about starting Vampire the Eternal Struggle (TCG based on RPG).
Back to top Go down
kongore

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2009-06-29

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 11:40 am

Hm, lets see now. My hobbies include playing electric guitar (coming on 9-10 years now), mountain biking, airsoft (will explain what that is if anyone is curuious), Rp, and I did used to collect Warhammer for around 10 years but its more of an on and off thing. I had a large warhammer Orc army (WWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAARGH!) and a small 40k Black Templar army which I focused my painting and conversion skills with, quality over quantity, eh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyWed Oct 14, 2009 3:48 am

Hmm apart from playing bass and getting drunk with bandmates, wich has been going on for almost seven years now, i still play Diablo II now and then, but between the band, work, the gf and wow i hardly have time to do something else.

Airsoft once a month, joggging every weekend and bed time book.
That's about it.
Back to top Go down
kongore

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyFri Oct 16, 2009 11:59 am

Oioi, Oth.. I didn't know you played! I'm just begging to ask whether you got any rifles of yer own? I've been playing for the best of 2 years now and starting to rack up a nice collection. *grin*
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 9:08 am

Opathu wrote:

You were lucky mate. I used to work in a games shop selling Games Workshop and other RPG games to the same teenagers ... (probably all accountants by now, or computer programmers).
Awesome... and I thought spending more than 20 mins in there was bad. lol I guess when you're there all day you just don't notice the smell anymore? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 10:37 am

I've never been in a Games Workshop store. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Akaula

Akaula

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 12:31 pm

I once got mobbed outside a Games Workshop by an overly aggressive store clerk. As this happened during my younger years, the experience has left me both irreparably scarred and overly apprehensive about ever going near one again.

I now spend my time going to the gym, script writing and and being a massive film geek. Which is nice. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/GhastlyMcNasty
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 6:08 pm

Akaula wrote:
I once got mobbed outside a Games Workshop by an overly aggressive store clerk. As this happened during my younger years, the experience has left me both irreparably scarred and overly apprehensive about ever going near one again.

I now spend my time going to the gym, script writing and and being a massive film geek. Which is nice. Very Happy

Sounds interesting mate. What's your "job", so to speak?

cheers

Op
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 7:52 pm

kongore wrote:
Oioi, Oth.. I didn't know you played! I'm just begging to ask whether you got any rifles of yer own? I've been playing for the best of 2 years now and starting to rack up a nice collection. *grin*

Hehe, i started about a year ago, with a gas bottle HK Usp full metal replica wich i use as backup now, i've gotten a Mini-Uzi, also gas but only the barrel is made of metal and has no precision at all, mostly a BB ball waster =/

Ever since me and the guys got federated and armed to the teeth, i had to go and buy that sweet electric charged MP5 that has a 450bb's cartridge and full automatic fire mode, lantern and red dot!

We usually train in an old warehouse or a ruined house in the countryside, 4v4 teams when we get enough folk, assault or capture the flag, it's fun and painfull lol i've gotten countless hemathomes and got hit in the chin once, the BB pierced the shitty mask i used at the time =) all good
Back to top Go down
Akaula

Akaula

Number of posts : 88
Registration date : 2009-09-21

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 8:40 pm

Opathu wrote:

Sounds interesting mate. What's your "job", so to speak?

cheers

Op

"Media Practitioner" Although I tend to work as a Video Editor Smile
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/GhastlyMcNasty
kongore

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:25 am

Othragon wrote:
kongore wrote:

Hehe, i started about a year ago, with a gas bottle HK Usp full metal replica wich i use as backup now, i've gotten a Mini-Uzi, also gas but only the barrel is made of metal and has no precision at all, mostly a BB ball waster =/

Ever since me and the guys got federated and armed to the teeth, i had to go and buy that sweet electric charged MP5 that has a 450bb's cartridge and full automatic fire mode, lantern and red dot!

We usually train in an old warehouse or a ruined house in the countryside, 4v4 teams when we get enough folk, assault or capture the flag, it's fun and painfull lol i've gotten countless hemathomes and got hit in the chin once, the BB pierced the shitty mask i used at the time =) all good

Sweet.. So far I've got an electric HK G36c, Steyr AUG-A3, and Deagle (which does full auto, I have no idea why.. relistic, aint it? xD) and also recently purchased a spring bolt action L96 (sniper). I've been playing for the best part of 2 years, had my fair share of incidents (like running out infront of friendlies as they fire, resulting in me getting scrayed full auto in the ass from 4 feet away.. that was sore!).. also been slowly building up a flecktarn Brundeswehr (German Army) uniform, its awesome for the forest site I play at.

Strangely enough, I've noticed I have had no spare cash since I started, its a fookin wallet bleeder!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:40 am

Quote :
flecktarn Bundeswehr (German Army) uniform
Smile
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
kongore

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:00 pm

t'was a typo Razz
Back to top Go down
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:31 pm

Quote :
Sweet.. So far I've got an electric HK G36c, Steyr AUG-A3, and Deagle (which does full auto, I have no idea why.. relistic, aint it? xD) and also recently purchased a spring bolt action L96 (sniper).

If you want realism, Kongore, take up reinactment with me, get yourself a shotgun licence and fire a black powder smoothbore Baker Rifle. Brace, pull the trigger, then one bang followed by a helluva bang! A whole lot of fun to fire but a real bad day to get in the way of.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:18 pm

One day I am going to ask one of my ex-SF contacts if I can shoot a few rounds from an AK-47. One chap, ex-SAS warrant officer, now runs live fire training in the Czech Republic and also does training for journos, NGO people etc going to hostile environments. Keep thinking I should write a story about that. Probably crap my pants though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: soo...hobbies and stuff, post!   soo...hobbies and stuff, post! Empty

Back to top Go down

soo...hobbies and stuff, post!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next