We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Krigshjärta

Go down 
+8
Opathu
Quintilius
Snicka
Estel'wenil
Leaf
Emanee
Vypra
Ryleen
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Krigshjärta - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:27 pm

Interesting that it's a little less deadly than the UK system, but I wonder if that comes with the PvP aspect....

I like it *nods sagely*

I don't have many/any good pictures of my character sadly... I don't think people are that interested in taking pictures of the drow >.<

Krigshjärta - Page 2 Healing-1

Krigshjärta - Page 2 Drow

http://theflasher.co.uk/pictures/displayimage.php?album=topn&cat=-23&pos=4 to other pictures Smile
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:02 pm

LARPs are ... interesting. I'm sure they are fun, but I'm too concerned about what other people think of me to dare trying it myself. And I doubt all LARPs succeeds like Krigshjärta does (just look at the first video posted which didn't portray a LARP but the definition of nerds goofing around). I heard an entertaining story by a friend of mine who said that he and his friends hijacked a LARP dressed as orcs (the LOTR type), built a camp up the woods and decided "not" to bother the big LARP in the valley below. But whenever someone from the big LARP ascended the hill towards the orc camp (which they were clueless about), they got attacked by orcs. This then escalated into an orc hunt LARP and my friends then left the area, leaving the LARPers wondering about who were attacking them in the woods.
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:32 pm

Manovan Marrowsteel wrote:
LARPs are ... interesting. I'm sure they are fun, but I'm too concerned about what other people think of me to dare trying it myself. And I doubt all LARPs succeeds like Krigshjärta does (just look at the first video posted which didn't portray a LARP but the definition of nerds goofing around). I heard an entertaining story by a friend of mine who said that he and his friends hijacked a LARP dressed as orcs (the LOTR type), built a camp up the woods and decided "not" to bother the big LARP in the valley below. But whenever someone from the big LARP ascended the hill towards the orc camp (which they were clueless about), they got attacked by orcs. This then escalated into an orc hunt LARP and my friends then left the area, leaving the LARPers wondering about who were attacking them in the woods.

Nice story, Manovan! Hijacking a LARP is funny, if it adds something to the game instead of ruining it.
In my last LARP, there were two guys who decided to hijack the game by assassinating various NPC-s. In the end, it was funny to learn that the NPC who could have helped us to defeat the boss was killed two hours after the game started...
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 pm

best LRP Story I've heard was two big bears of guys dressing up feintly like fairies and tricking players into a none-safe zone, then taking their teeth and giving them a gold coin- cue complaint to ref/someone RPey

"Theyyy sssssccchhhtole my teeeef"

"They, did what, sorry I don't really understand you, But whats that in your hand?"

"umf gold coin, they gaf it to me"

"So you mean they paid you to take your teeth away?"

"?!"

The main stay of our battles are a little less geeky, the problem is when it comes to using 'magics' how do you do it other than shouting a vocal? It kinda sucks no matter how you try do it >.<
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 10:13 pm

Emanee wrote:

The main stay of our battles are a little less geeky, the problem is when it comes to using 'magics' how do you do it other than shouting a vocal? It kinda sucks no matter how you try do it >.<

That's why combat spells (except for "protection" and "sleep/stun") are missing from our version of the game; as well as ranged weapons.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 8:07 am

+ shouting spells at the enemy on a loud battlefield?... not going to work. >.<
Back to top Go down
Mindrathu

Mindrathu

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:10 am

Emanee wrote:
+ shouting spells at the enemy on a loud battlefield?... not going to work. >.<

Lightning Bolt... I said Lightning Bolt! Umm...Lightning Bolt! LIGHTNING BOLT!!!! etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:15 am

Now imagine a Harry Potter LARP:

"Expelliarmus! I said, Expelliarmus, throw away your ******* wand!"
"Stupefy! "Protego!" "Stupefy!" "Protego!" "Hey, stop saying Protego after every spell, it's cheating!"
"Legilimens!" "That's not a combat spell, you idiot!"
"Avada Kedavra! You are dead now!"
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 9:22 am

Haha that made me lol Snicka ;p
I'm not into Larping.. I kind off.. hate/dislike it Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 10:06 am

In my first LARP I played a wizard who actually had a very "Legilimens"-like, mind-reading spell. It was useable against NPC-s, reading their memories to find clues.
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:05 pm

Most of the larps I've been to don't use magic. At least not the battle kind of magic. I've been to a few that has other kinds, such as light mind control, or mind reading. Or big impressive rituals to achieve something a bit more abstract. Not the fireball and lightning bolt kind of magic, either way.

The most complicated things we use at Krigshjärta is our gunpowder weapons. They rely completely on the willingness of the larpers to give up winning instinct to create a good scene. We do use real gunpowder to create bangs and smoke, but obviously not any form of projectiles. It can still be dangerous, of course, but is surrounded by lots and lots of safety precautions. We use both flintlock guns and cannons, but I won't go into the details on how they work here.

We have bows and crossbows too, with specially constructed arrows that won't hurt anyone. The rules on how strong the bows and crossbows are allowed to be are very strict, of course.

There are enough injuries purely by accident for us to allow any because of lacking safety concerning our weapons. Smile

Krigshjärta isn't a perfect example of the kind of larps I go to though. It's very focused on battle and war, while many of the ones I go to contain no physical fighting whatsoever. Next one will be a afternoon larp around halloween, but all I know about it so far is that the theme is HP Lovercraft.
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
emil_frojd

Number of posts : 72
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 5:42 am

I have made a HP LARP. Ryleen was a part of it.
It was quite a cool success. But as Ryleen said we don't use much visual magic.
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 5:19 pm

Sounds awesome, I'd love to do something less fighting orientated - though the next LARP event I'm going to as Elsie is a banquet so it should be sedate. Maybe I'll try convince you to let me play with you guys when I can talar svenska Smile

Uhm Swedish guys/gals, do you have any fabric/tyg websites you could recommend? I need to make a dress/outfit for Elsie but at the moment I only know of Pandora (sp?) craftstore and Ikea.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krigshjärta   Krigshjärta - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Krigshjärta
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: