We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Planned absence

Go down 
+4
Vypra
Leaf
Shadowtroll
Ryleen
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptySun Jul 26, 2009 2:07 pm

I'd normally post this on my guild forum, but seeing as I rp so much with people outside of the guild I thought it was better to post it here.

I'll be gone for the following four weekends.

First, there's the Urkult festival next weekend. The two following ones, I'll be away to get furniture for my new apartment and things like that. And the fourth one, I'm gone for a larp.

I'll still be here in the weeks, though. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Ryleen

Ryleen

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 3:57 am

Festival is over.. First weekend of furnishing my apartment over.. And still, it's more than two weeks before I'll get a day off to just rest. >.< Right now, all I really wish for is a lazy saturday with nothing to do but watch tv and play wow.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:53 am

Oh damn thats why I didn't saw ye yesterday online! Hmm lazy Saturday...I miss those...was the festival at least cool? pirat
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Ryleen

Ryleen

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 2:49 pm

Yeah, it was really nice Smile Too bad the best band I listened to played while it was raining really much. But it was worth standing in the rain for an hour or two.
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 11:16 am

Did you get stuck on any of the pictures?

http://urkult.se/~urkult/gallery/

If not, did you take any yourself?

Pictures dammit!
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Sorry, no, I don't seem to be in any of those photos. And I was planning to take photos myself.. except that my camera is out of battery, and the battery charger is... somewhere in my boxes of stuff that are prepared for moving.... I did a lot of sketching though. These are all interesting people, and they're fun to draw. Smile ...But my scanner is also in a box somewhere....
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 7:51 pm

I'll unpack it and set it up and scan them for you. lol
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 3:18 pm

Everything is falling apart for me right now, and my absence will have to be prolonged.

Today was first day of school, and I found out that my name has fallen off the lists and I'm not actually accepted to my studies. (Basically, I get one message telling that I'm accepted to the school, I answer to that by clicking "accept" on a website, and then get the second level of acceptance. I clicked accept, but they and the website claims I didn't)

I have no internet, since that's only for students of the school, including the one provided in my "apartment" (that is, the tiny little room with a kitchen shared with twelve others. I'm waayy off from calling it home, but I guess I might get there in time.). I'm looking into buying mobile internet, which will at least allow webpages, though no wow. I'm currently buying expensive wireless at some café.

If there are spare spots left in my class, I might be able to get one of those and start my studies as planned. If not... I have no idea what to do. My apartment is a student apartment, but at least I'll get to stay for three months before they throw me out.

I really really don't like this town. There are people everywhere, I just wish there was some calm place I could be alone. But at the same time, I wish I had internet, or someone I knew. It would be nice to have people to talk to.

This is by far the worst day I've had in ages, and now my laptop is out battery so I'll have to go offline.

I just wanted people to know why I'm missing, and what's going on.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:01 pm

What a nightmare! Sad

Well, there are always alternatives. I'm not sure how things work over in sweden but here we have organisations that help students that, for whatever reason, can't take their planned places at college/ uni etc .

Plan of action:

- keep hounding the school to get things sorted but don't rely on them. There may be other places at other schools.
- get that internet sorted and start looking for other courses.
- get a little part time job. if nothing else, its one way to get to know people.

I know its hard, but try look on the bright side...you may yet find a place at a different school in a much nicer town Wink

we'll be thinking of you and keeping our fingers crossed that everything works out *hugs*
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 4:23 pm

Ryleen!
Hang in there, things will sort out fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:59 pm

I'm a very lucky person. It turned out that there were plenty of people who never showed up, so I got a spare spot in class.

Still no internet though, I'm once again downtown.

I'm still feeling pretty down, but at least the most pressing problems have been solved now, I'll just have to get used to the rest.

Thank you all for your support.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:09 pm

Yup, just 'hang in there' as they say, Ryleen.

The first bit is usually the hardest. It's an alien environment, things didn't always go to plan, it can be busy, weird, lonely etc. But that will pass. Soon you'll be getting into the studying, making new friends, adjusting to the living environment, the people, and you'll no doubt have your internet and WoW account up soon Smile

So ... don't give up, push at your tutors or administrators if there's a problem, and hopefully have a bit of fun whilst you are there.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:10 pm

That's great to hear, Ry.
I'm glad that it worked out in the end! cheers
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:18 pm

*Undresses, oils up and extends arms*

Here, let me give you a proper Quin hug. That'll cheer you up, luv.

Things will get better, they allways do Smile
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:27 pm

*places a turban on his head and tries to speak like a seer*

"My prop...profo..prophose.. FECK!"

*sigh*

"My prophecy turned out to be right!"

*cackles* "I R FARSEER!!"

On a serious note; Thank god it worked out, take your time with everything and internet hun ^^
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:51 pm

Ryleen wrote:
I'm a very lucky person. It turned out that there were plenty of people who never showed up, so I got a spare spot in class.

Still no internet though, I'm once again downtown.

I'm still feeling pretty down, but at least the most pressing problems have been solved now, I'll just have to get used to the rest.

Thank you all for your support.

cheers Cheers!

(You'll get the rest on msn when you get the internet Wink)
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 12:57 pm

You're all wonderful people. You have no idea how much your words mean to me right now. *hugs all*

I have internet now, though not a connection strong enough to support wow. (Mobile internet though. Internet -everywhere-! <3 )

I should have real internet some time next week, I hope.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:18 pm

I'm just curious - while you cannot play WoW, who is the acting leader of HoZ? Gen'jin?
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 1:36 pm

Yey, mobile intarbutts! :D

Hope you feel up soon. *hug*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Planned absence Empty
PostSubject: Re: Planned absence   Planned absence Empty

Back to top Go down

Planned absence
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
We Are Legion :: Meet & Greet :: Random Carp-
Jump to: