We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Account inactive

Go down 
+5
Leaf
Vexacus
Morgalyen
Vypra
Opathu
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

Account inactive - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 10:52 am

Quintilius wrote:
Do you wear a coat and a hat and hang around in those bars with them, whatsemcalled, chestershire chairs or something.. and smoke cigars and indulge in heated discussions with other eager intelectuals and keep refer to eachothers articles and stuff?

*Looks at himself, semi-naked in front of the PC at home, looks back at the question, looks at the cat, looks at the unpaid bills, looks back at the question ...*
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 11:11 am

Quintilius wrote:
Do you wear a coat and a hat and hang around in those bars with them, whatsemcalled, chestershire chairs or something.. and smoke cigars and indulge in heated discussions with other eager intelectuals and keep refer to eachothers articles and stuff?

Opathu, reclining in his chair before indulging in more debate:

Account inactive - Page 2 Holmes_mycroft_watson_greek_small
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 12:53 pm

I wish ...

Now read me stories or find me some work!
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 1:33 pm

I read the times version before, was interesting read. Will read the longer one later when I get chance.

From a quick skim though it seems they edited it a lot for their magazine, I guess that's why you keep hinting to read the full article? Wink

And lol at the guy complaining about it in the comments section of the times, some people eh?
Seriously though is an interesting topic.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 3:39 pm

definately worth reading the original articles.

The one on mercanaries was a little heavy going but the others were fascinating Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 17, 2009 7:59 pm

Opathu wrote:
Quintilius wrote:

*Looks at himself, semi-naked in front of the PC at home, looks back at the question, looks at the cat, looks at the unpaid bills, looks back at the question ...*
Mmh... tell me more... tell me about your dirty, stained coffee cup, oh and your unwashed clothes in the hamper... *moanz*
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 7:53 am

Thanks for the comments. I understand that as I tackle "serious" or "heavy" subjects, a lot of people will turn off before even getting to them. However, I try hard -- and I think (hope) reasonably successfully -- to make these potentially difficult topics actually quite accessible. I guess that's what galls me most in these trying times of recession, etc: you (I) don't often get the chance to make people realise this is entertaining or engaging stuff, too. Instead of going "oh, that's just depressing."

JB I appreciate your comments as ever, as I know you've a literary eye. The mercenaries piece was written more as an essay than a typical feature, so it is more "heavy". Very Happy The dying piece took a huge amount of effort, so the version on my own site is a little more complete. If you would like to see these and other updated stories (I recently figured out how to put the original articles onto PDFs and then onto my site, too), visit my blog: http://www.ryansrants.com
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 18, 2009 3:24 pm

I read some of them, awesome job. Good ammount of research and an entertaining, but interesting read.
And I don't mean that people dying is entertaining, doh, it's entertaining cause it's interesting.. still amazed about how some people stand in life just because they know they don't have long. Must've been a real experiences and a challenge as well to meet people like that.

You obviously can't just walk in and.. or well, actually, you probably can just walk in and ask them stuff, which is the brilliant part about those people. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Account inactive   Account inactive - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Account inactive
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2