We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How many roleplayers on SSL?

Go down 
+4
Mindrathu
Snicka
Vypra
Vexacus
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

How many roleplayers on SSL? Empty
PostSubject: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 9:48 am

So with all this talk of the server dieing (again) and numbers of players left, I was thinking how many players are there you could call RPers on both factions on SSL?

Now I'm not saying LFRP is a good basis to judge this, but when the channel is busy I would say there is probably 30 people in there max. I know some people for various reasons avoid it like the plague (I blame idiot spammers personally Wink ) but how many others do you think are out there?

What would your estimate be on both sides?

For Horde, I was thinking somewhere in the region of 100-150, but I will admit that is just a very rough figure pulled out of my backside.

Thoughts muppeteers?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:11 am

Would the extensiontooltip channel be a good guide?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:21 am

no, because many rp-ers (like me) don't use it half the time and there's as many ppl i see around with them that seem to be ooc-ers to me Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:24 am

Vypra wrote:
no, because many rp-ers (like me) don't use it half the time and there's as many ppl i see around with them that seem to be ooc-ers to me Razz

I guess that then asks the question "What is an RPer?" Would we call RPers people who only RP, people who respect the server rules and occasionally RP, people who do all of the above?
Once we've defined that we could then be more specific on numbers of RPers.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:28 am

Having 100-150 roleplayers on a roleplaying server with a character population of 13 000 is a very low rate. Even if we count with 5 characters per player on average, that's still 500-750, which is about 4-6% of the overall characters.
Though, yes, it depends on what do you consider a roleplayer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:34 am

Snicka wrote:
Having 100-150 roleplayers on a roleplaying server with a character population of 13 000 is a very low rate. Even if we count with 5 characters per player on average, that's still 500-750, which is about 4-6% of the overall characters.
Though, yes, it depends on what do you consider a roleplayer...

I think SSL if probably more like every RPer has 7-10 characters. Add to that the fact that raiders have tended to create 4+ lvl 80's because of the lack in particular classes (like our amazing lack of tanks and healers!) and you can see that the actual player population is part of the problem.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:40 am

Okay, so lets refine the question. Seeing as hardcore vs casual is a common definition in wow, lets use it here.

How many roleplayers on each faction classified as:

"Hardcore RPer" - a player whose main focus is RP
"Casual RPer" - player who respects the ruleset and takes part in RP occassionally
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:45 am

Vexacus wrote:
Okay, so lets refine the question. Seeing as hardcore vs casual is a common definition in wow, lets use it here.

How many roleplayers on each faction classified as:

"Hardcore RPer" - a player whose main focus is RP
"Casual RPer" - player who respects the ruleset and takes part in RP occassionally

Hardcore:
From what I know I'd say that HoZ, WB, HOS, GWT and then assorted individuals make up the majority of what you could call the hardcore RPers. The problem in numbers is how many people have alts that make up various members. For example, Vyp has Chabat as a fairly active character but that's only 1 player.

Casual:
I think we have more than people realise, for example Dey (when he was on the server) could have been classified as a casual RPer, even though he was GL of a leading raid guild here. However, a lot of raiders who do RP probably have alts in RP guilds and so counting might be a bit tricky.

And then there's the overall picture of those who RP and don't use the forums.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:46 am

Using xtension tooltip as a basis on SSL I tend to see about 20 at most on horde. However there are those that do not use flag or immersion so we will add them...I honestly think we are looking at below 100 for horde side at least for definate Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 12:10 pm

Liontooth wrote:
Using xtension tooltip as a basis on SSL I tend to see about 20 at most on horde. However there are those that do not use flag or immersion so we will add them...I honestly think we are looking at below 100 for horde side at least for definate Sad

Yeah, I'd have said 50-70.
Back to top Go down
Mindrathu

Mindrathu

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:43 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Liontooth wrote:

Yeah, I'd have said 50-70.

I know we're definatley in a minoroty here. But if it's only about 50-70, what about the Ally side? I've heard their pretty skimpy over there.
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:51 pm

You don't need -that- many people to have fun Very Happy so care
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:14 pm

It is summer, old people go, new people come, old people come back when summer is over..
That is how it goes every year, altough when I come back, I might.. well..uhm.. Embarassed transfer aswell..
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:13 pm

But how many good roleplayers do SSL have? Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:21 pm

Quintilius wrote:
But how many good roleplayers do SSL have? Razz

Well, now that you've left us we have...

...just as many good RPers as we had before Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 2:42 am

Quality over quantity people...

still... i've been taking in people from other RP servers in my guild and all they can talk about is how amazed they are with SSL's respect for roleplay and the general quality of roleplay... some of them have even transfered their mains over so they can roleplay... i made sure they were aware of this forum and the Keel and taught them as much as i could on the server's roleplay so they wouldn't stay tunneled with the UD vision... stuff that makes me and should make us all proud!
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 3:12 pm

During peaktimes i tend to see something like 50-70 ppl on the xtensionwhatsoeveritiscalled channel. But ofc on alli side i have seen people without FlagRSP or similar that was RP-ing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 4:47 pm

Nerinil wrote:
During peaktimes i tend to see something like 50-70 ppl on the xtensionwhatsoeveritiscalled channel. But ofc on alli side i have seen people without FlagRSP or similar that was RP-ing.

Though the question is whether everyone who's in that channel is an RPer.
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:16 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Nerinil wrote:

Does any other addon but the RP ones use the xtensiontooltip channel? If no, then I don't think any non-RP-er would bother with downloading such an addon...
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 9:25 pm

The channel is only for FlagRSP (and maybe Myroleplay, etc. to, dunno..) and tons of people don't use it but do RP, so yeah.. it's not -that- bad with the RPers, they're just incredibly good at bunching up in Goldshire or spreading out completly + avoiding eachother. >.<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 11:31 pm

Snicka wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Nerinil wrote:

Does any other addon but the RP ones use the xtensiontooltip channel? If no, then I don't think any non-RP-er would bother with downloading such an addon...

Some people might get the addon to read what RPers put in there but not want to use it otherwise. Would that make them an RPer? Granted, they are probably a very small number, but it's worth asking the question.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many roleplayers on SSL?   How many roleplayers on SSL? Empty

Back to top Go down

How many roleplayers on SSL?
Page 1 of 1