We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth

Go down 
+11
Katheryn
Andellion
Alaster Grymm
Crowley
Snicka
Ryleen
Vypra
Shadowtroll
Asani
Seéker
Solthor
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Solthor

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth Empty
PostSubject: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Come one, Come all, to the most amazing, spectacular, tremendous, outstanding, outrageously fun event in all the land, The Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth!

That’s right folks, a Treasure Hunt will be hosted by the Unseelie Court on the 19th July. The meet and greet with be at 17:00 in Ogrimmar’s Valley of Spirits with the main event starting at 17:30 sharp.

Pre-registration is required for all teams. Simply mail your Team name and the names of your team members, no more than four per team, to Solthor or Alkira. But be fast ladies and gentleman, registration closes at midnight on the 16th July.

Solving clues and answering riddles, racing to beat the other teams, all manner of fun is to be had trying to get your hands on some of our great prizes including pets, equipment, promises, gold and more!

So come all you Lore-Masters, Historians, Travellers, Adventurers and more to the Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth.

((Not all that much more to say, but recommend no –all low levels- teams as the hunt will go into lvl 45+ areas, but hopefully all should be accessible with a little effort. Clues are of varying difficulty from the “everyone knows that” to the “I’m gonna actually have to look up some lore info”. Rules and instructions to be read out on the day during the meet and greet. If you need any more info or see something I’ve missed in this post, please contact me in game))

---------

Prizes

Weapons and Armour

Rituals Of The New Moon. ((Lvl 70 offhand. Use ability changes you into a wolf. x 12))
Gloves Of The Fang. ((Lvl 14 leather melee gloves))
Mark Of Kern. ((Lvl 31 melee ring))
Magician’s Mantle. ((Lvl 20 cloth caster shoulders))
Elder Wizard’s Mantle. ((Lvl 51 cloth caster shoulders))
Girdle Of The Mystical Prison. ((Lvl 78 plate melee belt))
Aotona’s Collar Of The Squire. ((Lvl 74 plate melee bracers))
Blade Binding Bulwark. ((Lvl 76 defence shield))
Bulge Concealing Breastplate. ((Lvl 77 leather melee chest))

Pets

Mana Wyrmling
Crimson Snake
Cockroach
Senegal Parrot
Siamese Cat
Red Moth
Brown Rabbit
Blue Dragonhawk Hatchling
A voucher for the acquisition of a Baby Phoenix

Enchants

Scroll of Enchant Bracer Superior Spellpower. ((+30 sp))
Scroll of Enchant Cloak Superior Agility. ((+16 agi))
Scroll of Enchant Weapon Mongoose. ((Does this need an explaination?))
Scroll of Enchant Two Handed Weapon Greater Savagery. ((+85 ap)
Scroll of Enchant Weapon Exceptional Spellpower. ((+50 sp))
Scroll of Enchant Gloves Blasting. ((+ 10 crit))
Scroll of Enchant Boots Greater Stamina. ((+7 stam))
Scroll of Enchant Weapons Lifestealing. ((Does exactly what it says on the tin))

Miscellaneous

Voucher for one hundred Gold (( x 3))
Preserved Holly ((1 stack of 5))
Four of Prisms ((Darkmoon Faire Card))
Two of Chaos ((Darkmoon Faire Card))
Two of Nobles ((Darkmoon Faire Card))
Frozen Orb ((x2))
Blacksmithing Plans Titanic Leggings ((300 skill req))
Tailoring Pattern Cloak of the Black Void ((350 skill req))

Last edited by Solthor on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Seéker

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 12:27 pm

Umm Bump da ba doo Bump dalababa umm bump daba doo yea-ah yea-ah. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Asani

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Look out Scarshield   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 1:56 pm

Going to be an awesome event guys.

Don't miss out..
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 2:01 pm

Also added it briefly on the SSD, will later add it in the announcement section too! Good luck with it!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyThu Jul 16, 2009 5:11 pm

how's this going?

i've been away from the gasme this week so all i know is that some of the heritage were thinking of putting a team together...

Unfortuntely, i won't get back online until tomorrow and i didn't get chance to organise a team before i left so if anybody has room for a shaman can you pm me as the closing date is today Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Solthor

PostSubject: Treasure Hunt Cancelled   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:05 am

((OOC - Well, despite the response on here, which seemed to be positive...cutoff date has come and gone and we have had 3...yes 3 teams show interest. Obviously the event cannot go ahead with such a poor turnout so it has been cancelled.

Now i dont want to winge and moan and appear to be sat on a very tall horse here, but, it has been said by more than a few that Unseelie "keep themselves to themselves" and "do not try to associate with other guilds on the server". I know this might not strictly be the best RP event ever, but it was still (in my eyes at least) a good way to show you all what we can do and that we can be more outgoing than you think. We are all (mostly) new to RP, and this was a really big thing for us, with which we hoped to gain a little acceptance and maybe, dare i say it, recognition. The response from the server as a whole has been "we dont care, go away" which i find, quite frankly, to be not only dissapointing, but also a little hypocritical from those who made the statements mentioned above.

We did have quite a few follow up events in mind depending on the success of this one, I for one will not be bothering. Again, sorry for rantness, but really quite....let down about this.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:18 am

Solthor wrote:
((OOC - Well, despite the response on here, which seemed to be positive...cutoff date has come and gone and we have had 3...yes 3 teams show interest. Obviously the event cannot go ahead with such a poor turnout so it has been cancelled.

Now i dont want to winge and moan and appear to be sat on a very tall horse here, but, it has been said by more than a few that Unseelie "keep themselves to themselves" and "do not try to associate with other guilds on the server". I know this might not strictly be the best RP event ever, but it was still (in my eyes at least) a good way to show you all what we can do and that we can be more outgoing than you think. We are all (mostly) new to RP, and this was a really big thing for us, with which we hoped to gain a little acceptance and maybe, dare i say it, recognition. The response from the server as a whole has been "we dont care, go away" which i find, quite frankly, to be not only dissapointing, but also a little hypocritical from those who made the statements mentioned above.

We did have quite a few follow up events in mind depending on the success of this one, I for one will not be bothering. Again, sorry for rantness, but really quite....let down about this.))

Whilst that is all well and good, I think the rant is a bit uncalled for as you guys are the ones who have set the minimum requirements for an event and are now complaining that people couldn't meet your expectations.

Personally, whilst the idea doesn't grab me amazingly, I'd have loved to have been able to support it but due to work (I work 5-6 evenings each week) I am rarely able to commit to something like this. I am sure that, with it being summer, there are many others who are unable to commit for various personal reasons.

I won't go on anymore, mainly because I still have some work to do before I go to bed, but I just had to comment here as I think you are jumping to the wrong conclusions after having set a hoop for the community to jump through and finding that people couldn't do it.
Back to top Go down
Solthor

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 2:56 am

I dont quite get what you mean by minimum requirements or setting the hoop. :-s The event was made so that as many people as possible could take part. there where, what etc etc all sorted with the lower levels in mind so that anyone could enter. Whilst i understand what your saying that a lot of people would not be able to make it and i shouldnt be pissed that i didnt get a huge turnout, but 3 teams? 12 people..on the whole server? As i said, i am sorry if my last post seemed like a straight rant, it wasnt meant to be but i realise it comes accross that way, just dont know how else to express how dissapointed i was in the lack of responce for it Sad
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 4:39 am

I know how very disappointing it can be when ones plans doesn't work out. I've had my share of times when I thought I had a great idea, but it didn't turn out as expected for one reason or another. That's no reason to give up. So many people seem to think that just because their first try at something didn't work out, they should give up... Don't.

And I must say that having twelve people commit beforehand to show up to your first event is a great number. My first large scale event got something around five visotors, and it was much more accessible and "drop in"-y than this one. It was only after I'd done a few events that I could gather a larger crowd, and even then only a few times. The events that manage to gather more than twenty people are easy to count, I can right now only think of two, o tal nor and the sunfury ball. Don't give up and don't expect miracles. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 7:48 am

Personally, I think you should not have cancelled the event. After all, for example, the Kalimdor Road Rash was attended by six players - but that six enjoyed the race a lot.
When you complain, saying twelve people from the whole server are not many, I suggest you look at this thread on the estimated number of roleplayers. And some of these people are on vacation, some of them are simply busy on the day you announced... so technically, twelve is a high number!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 8:58 am

With all due respect but it has something to do with reputation as well, now I remember the Unseelie Court from my time in Silvermoon. I had good impression of you guys and was fun till it lasted however you see this the wrong point. While yes 12 people are rather few for the dimensions you planned its as above said a rather good number for a first event.

Now for not repeating what is already stated I would like give a example from myself. For people who remember me in game, know that I myself am a event organizer and have (especially with the Black Curtain Cartel) organized various open RP events. Now firstly no one ever heard of them, I was even hardly critisized for my events beforehand but I kept going without canceling events (exceptions if I couldn't show up and no one else could take care).

The effect was following: From a five man attented event with every week the number of people who joined in grew aprroximative with another 5. This going on literally for weeks I managed to organize some large scale events (not in the dimensions of the Ball though where over hundreds showed up) but with good advertising and a approximative good reputation you will succeed.

Its great that you take initiative to create events at all! Because although the RP community has many role players only a few care to create something, the others are, due of jobs or other time limiting business not always able, not in the position to do so. However there are as I call them passive role players - who just wait for someone to do something and if nothing happens they rant.

Anyhow.

tl;tr Dont give up keep on going and you will make it.
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:03 am

Solthor wrote:
I dont quite get what you mean by minimum requirements or setting the hoop. :-s The event was made so that as many people as possible could take part. there where, what etc etc all sorted with the lower levels in mind so that anyone could enter. Whilst i understand what your saying that a lot of people would not be able to make it and i shouldnt be pissed that i didnt get a huge turnout, but 3 teams? 12 people..on the whole server? As i said, i am sorry if my last post seemed like a straight rant, it wasnt meant to be but i realise it comes accross that way, just dont know how else to express how dissapointed i was in the lack of responce for it Sad

I guess the thrust of my post was that you set your expectations too high and as a result your minimum requirements in terms of numbers (whatever they may have been) were not met. As has already been said, 12 people is actually a decent turn out, especially for your first event for the whole server.
Back to top Go down
Crowley

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-08-25

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 10:03 am

I'm sad to see that the event won't go ahead, but you really shouldn't let it get to you. Like everyone before has said (yeah, I'm slow to the punch...) twelve is a very good number of people to get interested in a first event. You need a certain guarded pessimism to make events on this server; we have a low number of RPers and a lot of those are quite 'casual' in their approach. My advice is to not make events that depend on a high turn out, but to plan events so that they can go ahead and be fun as easily with a low turnout as a raid full of people, even if a big turnout would be ideal. That was the idea behind two recent events, the Kalimdor Road Rash and the Epicureans' Lunch, and both were fun despite half as many people attending as signed up to your event.

Solthor wrote:

Now i dont want to winge and moan and appear to be sat on a very tall horse here, but, it has been said by more than a few that Unseelie "keep themselves to themselves" and "do not try to associate with other guilds on the server".

Another thing you don't want to let get to you, and I can understand your point there; Ashen Order have been dealing with the same baseless bullshit for over two years now. Some people just like waving that accusation around, I guess. *shrug*
Back to top Go down
Alaster Grymm

Alaster Grymm

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:17 am

To echo what has been said above, twelve people is a -good- turn out, some events you might see out there will occassionally hit more but very few do.

But my main point would have to be is don't give up running RP events and try to avoid having any set notions about what will happen to your event once players get hold of it. The old saying is that 'No plan survives first contact with the enemy' is never truer than when dealing with RPers!

Might I suggest rescheduling your treasure hunt and keep plodding on. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:22 am

We probably should let the matter drop by now, but I thought of something else too. I arranged a variety of different events with the Sparrows, and it was always a surprise what events turned out to be successful and which weren't. The Steam Tonk Tournament, something I thought would be absolutely awesome, ended up having a mere four competitors and no audience (But it was still a lot of fun!), while our simple little fireworks show in the ruins above undercity had a lot of people attending (about thirty, maybe more.. Don't remember exactly). It's always a bit of a gamble what ideas will become popular and which won't. Smile

((By the way.. Those interested to know may note that the Sparrows aren't dead. They just... migrated elsewhere for the summer, or something.. Wink ))
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:22 am

To add to what the others said, i'm damn dissappointed you guys have cancelled.

The Gods only know how well -i- know how much of a slog it can be getting people involved in rp events despite how many times we hear people crying out for them but the reasons for this a many and varied and it really is nothing to get all upset about.

To be honest, it was a little ambitious for a 1st event imo. Not many people know your guild well enough to be confident you could pull this off. Maybe starting out with something smaller would have been better but all power to you for giving it a go anyway.

As the above posters have said, getting 12 people committed to turning up may not sound that great at first, but try looking at just how many poeple are -regularaly- in lfrp. Its about 25-35 iirc.

The chances of all of those people being able to make it to your event were very slim indeed. Besides, there's always a few, no matter how much you advertised, that turn up on the day of the event saying they only just heard about it Razz

Oh, and i wish people would begin to understand that High turnout does not autoimatically equal a good event. the most well attended event i ever saw, besides the Sunfury ball, was the Jamboree we held last year...and that went down the pan bad style.

Try putting the date back a month and hold a few smaller events in the mean time. By then, most ppl have been on their hols and will be settling back behind their pc, and you guys will have had chance to be seen creating successful events Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Ryleen

Ryleen

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 11:26 am

And.. (I just can't keep from adding things, can I?) We're really just trying to encourage you. You see that, right? We want you to continue to try to make events. Events are always good. Which is why we explain why cancelling and giving up is a bad idea Wink
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Ryleen wrote:

((By the way.. Those interested to know may note that the Sparrows aren't dead. They just... migrated elsewhere for the summer, or something.. Wink ))

Lies! Sparrows don't migrate!
Back to top Go down
Andellion

Andellion

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 1:04 pm

I would've enjoyed to come, and brought an other friend (+2 people)

But it pains me to hear that it suddenly got canceled Sad

I think, personally, that more people would come if you just post-pone it. There's no harm in that.

I had to post-pone my own event and voila, I instantly got the desired amount of participants.

Summer is a tight schedual for some.
Back to top Go down
Solthor

PostSubject: Point Taken :)   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:07 pm

ok ok, *insert more appologies for initial outburst here*, i am taking the hint :p

As this was my 1st event, i didnt actually realise what kind of numbers i would be expecting to turn up. yeah, i had hopes for 8+ teams, but didnt know that realistially, that wasnt gonna happen.

So, to cut a long story short...ive got an idea for another event...easier to organise, ill give it lots of notice etc etc :p and bugger it, ill keep making events until they become popular, and then maybe try to redo this treasure hunt once more people know my name Wink

Thanks for the encouragement peeps, appreciate it Smile
Back to top Go down
Katheryn

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptyFri Jul 17, 2009 9:32 pm

Never give up Solthor, even though, I may not be the best to talk of such matters.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Shame to hear you cancelled. :<
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 2:32 pm

The Unseelies are so cute.
Back to top Go down
Mindrathu

Mindrathu

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 3:07 pm

Quintilius wrote:
The Unseelies are so cute.
I'm sure that's the perfect response they want. Razz
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 5:33 pm

Well I dunno, but they are. Allways thought so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth   Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth Empty

Back to top Go down

Unseelie Treasure Hunt of Azeroth
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next