We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Goodbye, farewell.

Go down 
+10
Feronius
Nerinil
Snicka
Drakonis
Shadowtroll
Morgalyen
Manovan Marrowsteel
Siheld
Vypra
Ilanowyr
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Ilanowyr

Ilanowyr

Number of posts : 55
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:40 pm

To all whom this may concern,

After a long period of thought, of crackling my brains over the future, I’ve come to the decision to end my WoW-time. There are to many things IRL I have to tend to. To many things, I ought to take responsibility for. I can’t do this all, whilst playing WoW. I was tempted to renew my WoW-time with Arod joining a raid guild, and RPing on Argent Dawn, but in the end I’d only fool myself.

I had a great time with many of you, and wish to thank all of you as such. I’m not going to name individuals, for there would be to many.

This results in the following:
• The <Keepers of the Grove> will have to make do without Ilanowyr. Perhaps resulting in a /gdisband, if none wishes to take up this cup.
• Arod will leave the Council of Stormwind and not join <Disillusion> for raiding.

My sincere apologies to all whom I’ve caused inconvenience with this decision and let down some expectations.

Perhaps we speak again sometime over MSN.
Daan alias Arod\Ilanowyr
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:45 pm

Aww, sorry to see you go. Obviously, never actually had a chance to get to know you all -that- well, but i've been really impressed by what you acheived with the Keepers so i hope somebody steps up to keep it going.

Good luck with the RL stuff and as ever, you are welcome to keep hanging around this forum to chat to us Smile
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:46 pm

Ahoy there Daan!

Didn't saw that one coming! No
I know how you feel and I understand that you quit.. Real Life is so much more important and more fun then Azeroth.
I would like to thank you for the roleplaying moments we had, and for your contribution to Alliance RP. The Keepers of the Grove will disband if you ask me, but I think it will be re-made after the summer.

I know you are quitting forever, and you won't come back, but hop in here every now and then.
When is your game time expired?

Have fun and Goodbye!
Back to top Go down
Manovan Marrowsteel

Manovan Marrowsteel

Number of posts : 319
Registration date : 2008-11-10

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:54 pm

I believe the proper reply would be "real life > WoW", however I can't seem to understand why this game turns out to be such a big deal for so many people. When talking about any other game, a solution could be to just "reduce your playtime" and log in every other day instead of every day. How would a reduced playtime actually affect you, your guild and your friends ingame? From my experience, days without playing a game more often results in other trivial activities like watching a movie, playing tabletop with a friend or reading a book. It's often the same about of spare time being used for other means instead of playing the game which you obviously love. If you have important personal matters to attend to (like a relationship drama), then you would be just prioritizing other activities for the time it takes to fix the issue. I'm sure we'll see you in game soon enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.responscirkeln.nu
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 12:57 pm

Well Daan,

It's of course a good luck in the Real World.. I'd say, don't drink too much mead. Starting at 10 in the morning might be too early Wink
Just stay in touch as these forums are always open.
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Bye Ilanowy, you was truly a strong figure in Alliance RP in my opinion, but I wont repeat anything above said except you should hang around these forums like me and support your guild that way because KotG would be (again my personal opinion) now (a real) hit for Alliance role play.

See ye on the other side!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Drakonis

Number of posts : 94
Registration date : 2009-03-10

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 2:04 pm

Sad news.. Really crap to see you go Daan.
ah, maybe we'll meet each other again, drink a bottle of mead. Smile
Take care in the Real World.
Back to top Go down
http://www.drakonis7.deviantart.com
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyFri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 pm

Manovan Marrowsteel wrote:
I believe the proper reply would be "real life > WoW", however I can't seem to understand why this game turns out to be such a big deal for so many people. When talking about any other game, a solution could be to just "reduce your playtime" and log in every other day instead of every day. How would a reduced playtime actually affect you, your guild and your friends ingame? From my experience, days without playing a game more often results in other trivial activities like watching a movie, playing tabletop with a friend or reading a book. It's often the same about of spare time being used for other means instead of playing the game which you obviously love. If you have important personal matters to attend to (like a relationship drama), then you would be just prioritizing other activities for the time it takes to fix the issue. I'm sure we'll see you in game soon enough.

The thing is, Manovan, that unlike other computer games, which you can play any moment you feel like, you have to subscribe to this one. Reducing your gametime means that you still have to subscribe, and pay the same amount of money for less gaming. I think that's why so many people decide to actually quit the game instead of just playing less.

To Ilanowyr, I can only say that although I didn't (and couldn't) know you at all, but I only heard good things of the Keepers of the Grove. Good luck with whatever you are doing!
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptySat Jul 04, 2009 6:03 am

Sad
Back to top Go down
Feronius

Feronius

Number of posts : 281
Registration date : 2008-06-05

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 1:01 pm

Good luck irl mate Very Happy

Don't let those noobs talk you off the mead, hehe
Back to top Go down
Drakonis

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 2:27 pm

Feronius wrote:
Good luck irl mate Very Happy

Don't let those noobs talk you off the mead, hehe
Speaking of mead. there was midsummer festival in the north of NL this weekend Very Happy
Guess what I bought xD
Back to top Go down
Liesje

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-08-12

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 6:40 pm

Sad gnome is sad.

PS, I haz BBQ on July 12th, wanna come? You can bring the misses, won't just be wow nerds, but also D&D nerds, regular friends, family and some kids.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptySun Jul 05, 2009 8:58 pm

All dutchies invited?
*giggles*
Back to top Go down
Liesje

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 5:10 am

If you bring your own meat.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:05 am

I AM the meat..

the sacrifical gnome?
Back to top Go down
Emanee

Emanee

Number of posts : 507
Registration date : 2008-06-23

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 9:12 am

Good luck in real life Smile

It is imba.

And yes Liesje I would come over... but I'm kinda busy Wink
Back to top Go down
Liesje

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 5:34 pm

You are the Meatsiheld!!!
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 7:40 pm

GL mate always loved your stuff.
Back to top Go down
Katalmach

Katalmach

Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2009-01-31

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyMon Jul 06, 2009 10:24 pm

Cya mate. You were great to have around.

I regret that I never learned how to spell your character name without alt-tabbing.
Back to top Go down
Drakonis

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. EmptyTue Jul 07, 2009 4:15 am

Katalmach wrote:
Cya mate. You were great to have around.

I regret that I never learned how to spell your character name without alt-tabbing.
made me laugh xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Goodbye, farewell. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Goodbye, farewell.   Goodbye, farewell. Empty

Back to top Go down

Goodbye, farewell.
Page 1 of 1