We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Time for a change, yes we can?

Go down 
+4
Morgalyen
Vexacus
Vypra
Siheld
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 30, 2009 10:54 pm

All I'm gonna say is play nice people, don't make this thread get smacked by the lockhammer! Wink
Back to top Go down
Nerissa

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 6:07 am

Wait, wait, who was the attention whore again? The person who made an interesting RP-related post here which somebody else reposted onto the realm forums, or the person who accuses the poster of being an asslicker, who quotes the OP but rewrites it to insult the poster (a tactic so cheap and dirty that it's a bannable offense on some messageboards I frequent), and who follows the poster all the way back here just to get in one last parting shot?

The irony is that Kenu did have some valid points camouflaged amongst all the ad-hominem ranting. Back in the days before every thread became a flame war the moment the 'Send' button was clicked, people were actually able to have reasonable, sensible discussions on the internet. *reminisces fondly*
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:16 am

DRAMA!!

What makes Siheld an attention whore?

i would say that if he is one, a lot of other people are one too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 7:48 am

I think my point has been made for me. No more insults required. Don't worry Vex, the post got it's desired response so no more flaming from me.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 8:40 am

Kenu wrote:

and yes i think Siheld is a terrible attention whore, and with my edited quote of him i tried to show the screwed up points in his post for Siheld and other attention whores reading it, as a sample.

don't take it as a personal attack Siheld, my aim in my post was honestly to show people something they didn't notice and they weren't expecting for. i might be right or wrong about Sihelf, but hopefully people reading my posts will give a thought about it and an awareness against attention whoring will arise which hopefully will decrease the ammount of attention seekers we face in the forums and we'll see less empty comments written... just to be written.[/size]

How can I NOT take that personal?
I'd say we close this topic..
Back to top Go down
Kenu

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-06-10

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:33 am

Nerissa wrote:
Wait, wait, who was the attention whore again? The person who made an interesting RP-related post here which somebody else reposted onto the realm forums, or the person who accuses the poster of being an asslicker,

Shocked eh, i rarely post in any forum, and it's only when i really have something to say or answer. i don't write to just increase the number of my posts i don't write continously in forum games or how famous is this person threads like some people. thank you.

i didn't call Siheld an asslicker. probably you didn't even read the posts i wrote. sigh.

Quote :
who quotes the OP but rewrites it to insult the poster (a tactic so cheap and dirty that it's a bannable offense on some messageboards I frequent)

yeah i agree, it was a bad idea to point out the flaws and attention whoring clues in Sihelds post in an different, altered quote and expect people to actually read and understand it.
didn't think people'd stuck on the method instead of the content.

Quote :

DRAMA!!

you are right on that one. that's why i publicly mark and critisize attention whores to reduce their ammount and activity. thanks for your support

Quote :

according to Swiss Scientists, 97.8% of forum trolls and attention whores on the interwebz are totally different people IR. maybe that helps you not take what i wrote about your forum personality as a personal attack.

it's up to you to give what i've been saying a thought or ignore all of it. it's interwebz after all. but know that there will be consequences afro

Quote :
If I was any good at PVP then I'd do it for you in game!

Oh don't be sad Gurf, you have other things you are good at... using your tongue *wink*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 10:50 am

Kenu wrote:
Quote :
DRAMA!!

you are right on that one. that's why i publicly mark and critisize attention whores to reduce their ammount and activity. thanks for your support

Wasn't going to reply, but I just had to point out that if you were TRULY against attention whores then you would be posting in a lot more threads. As it is, you seem to pick on people that you think you can either bully or ridicule. If you want to prove me wrong (and let's face it, you current actions definitely prove your words to be hollow) then go and post in Villey's thread, or any of Xari's threads, or 90% of all Thaya's threads. As things stand, your accusations are meaningless and you are nothing more than a troll, and a pretty bad one at that.

Kenu wrote:
Quote :

according to Swiss Scientists, 97.8% of forum trolls and attention whores on the interwebz are totally different people IR. maybe that helps you not take what i wrote about your forum personality as a personal attack.

it's up to you to give what i've been saying a thought or ignore all of it. it's interwebz after all. but know that there will be consequences afro

Did you know that 99.9% of all statistics are made up on the spot?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 11:17 am

So much drama on this server from both sides...It is starting to get tiresome.

Can I just point out that RP guilds gives a theme for people to base their RP on so having them is not such a bad thing. Unless everyone wants to play a loner in the shadows people should be seeking to get together in a group in times of conflict...It is only natural.

Also I do not see Shield as an attention whore for this. In fact he is merely stating out loud what a lot of people are thinking.

Time to grow up boys and girls to be honest.
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 01, 2009 12:11 pm

heh, it would seem that you're not convincing anyone Kenu.

Your definition of what makes an attention whore clearly differs radically from ours.

Siheld made a post that was genuinley trying to be helpful. If you didn't see it that way you could have simply pointed out what was wrong with it in a constructive way giving everybody a chance for a debate. Instead you try to be a smart ass.

Why you chose to pick on Siheld for wanting to address an issue he feels strongly about rather then all the 'O hai - pay attention to me' spam threads is a mystery to me.

I agree with you on one thing only...that one does not need to be in an rp guild to find or create rp. However, i think you'll find the majority of people prefer to be in one. Most people like the sense of belonging that goes with having the guild tag under their name.

I'm locking this thread and reposting the relevant replies in a new one so we at least can have a grown up debate about this issue.

Edit: oh look, i only had to quote 3 replies Razz
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for a change, yes we can?   Time for a change, yes we can? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for a change, yes we can?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2