We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected

Go down 
+5
Dracanos
Opathu
Morgalyen
Vypra
Tyragon Shademourn
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

Number of posts : 74
Registration date : 2009-03-09

[Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected Empty
PostSubject: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:18 am

Yeah I should know that if I've been on the Alliance side the whole time. But right now I have no idea if theres a small channel out there for it or not?

Since by all means I dunno why we don't got any publiced or started lately. This would really help new RP'ers or people who just seeks RP outside of their Guild and friends list. Now I know we had one before which unfortunately got bombed with people who loved to take admin and kick/ban people they didn't like. I don't got any solution for that problem other than report them.

But I hope more than just me on Alliance side as thought of this and wondered why we don't.

Edit: Yes it was ressuracted yesterday! All we need is for it stay alive as long as SSL lives now. Join, join, join those who haven't! Everyone else, spread the word! cheers

Last edited by Tyragon Shademourn on Thu May 14, 2009 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:04 am

i think there are a couple of channels...but from what i was told, they got infiltrated by certain people that spent most of their winding everybody up Razz

no idea if they are still going so probably best to start your own and tell people to start joining it
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 6:32 am

From the time I have spend on Alliance, I've been to a few custom channels for RPers.

But as Vypra said, there were some people that joined the channel and in time those people caused other people to leave the channel as it got ruined.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:20 am

You mean Eldini (who's now left) or the Belgium emo kid joined?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 9:28 am

Opathu wrote:

Them and the rest of the "cool" gang, most likely! It's the sad thing about Alliance side, that people have so much time on their hands that they can put some of it to the use of destroying other player's enjoyment.
Back to top Go down
Dracanos

Dracanos

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:13 pm

Gurfang wrote:
Opathu wrote:

Them and the rest of the "cool" gang, most likely! It's the sad thing about Alliance side, that people have so much time on their hands that they can put some of it to the use of destroying other player's enjoyment.

Its not necessarily alliance side, do I need to remind you about a certain group of Horde players that now, after harassing the House to such an extent, now just irritate rpers in general? They "own SSL", or so they claim.. need I say more?
Back to top Go down
http://hos.ownbb.com/index.php
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Pretty much what I said.

They spammed and when someone told them to stop they simply kicked them over and over, and sometimes even banned. They never banned someone completely but kept on doing it. Luckily though admin goes to the oldest character so most of the time I got it, but they still managed since they logged in before me.

Even though this might be a problem I would gladly want to try it again and inform all RP'ers whos willing to keep this up to strongly report anyone other the one holding this channel (If no one else then me) to make it fair. The RP is getting less populated, more scattered RP'ers and more RP'ers in PvE Guilds alone, this would help them find RP with other people and keep up-to-date with everything going on.

Now if this doesn't work I will feel a whole lot shame for whatever basement lurker ruining it, or for whatever reason makes people not want to support this. Sad
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:34 pm

It's a shame there isn't a channel owner or something. Someone who'll always have rights to kick.

But I'd say, just make the channel and hope the retards stay out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Dracanos wrote:
Gurfang wrote:
Opathu wrote:

Its not necessarily alliance side, do I need to remind you about a certain group of Horde players that now, after harassing the House to such an extent, now just irritate rpers in general? They "own SSL", or so they claim.. need I say more?

That's slightly different as they did it in /s and were singling HoS out as a guild. In the Alliance case it's just tended to be the channel stuff, but because they do it on mass and no one seems to have the bottle to kick them from the channel they keep going until people can't be arsed anymore. Horde-side, if something like that happens they are kicked from LFRP (as Xari experienced with his comments about something like paedophilia) and order tends to be restored.

Lesson here is if you want an RP channel then you need to have people who will happily kick idiots when required.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:35 pm

I agree with the catty lady.
There will always be people entering the chat-room, saying stupid LOL, NABS11!! stuff..
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Actually Gurf, the little charmers turned up in lfrp last night. fortuantely, they were kicked and then reported for spam by most Smile
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 12:51 pm

Vypra wrote:
Actually Gurf, the little charmers turned up in lfrp last night. fortuantely, they were kicked and then reported for spam by most Smile

I've got that twat Misca on 'friends', just so I can monitor him. Who were those pathetic little sods, his mates the squaddies? Man, you'd think with Afghanistan and shit they'd be too busy to bother trying to cyber bully. Bunch o' fuckin losers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 1:22 pm

why don't you make a channel and put a password on it? I think you can do that anyway.... that way you will be able to control who can and who cannot enter the channel, making it "safer" Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 2:58 pm

Vypra wrote:

But that's a good community in action there, which is what I was talking about. Someone steps out of line and they get a slap. And that has tended to be the problem for the Alliance in the past, no one was willing to give the slap.
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Then theres the problem that new RP'ers can't easily go in and out whenever they want and it still wont prevent people who likes to play around from it. All of them were RP'ers, they used to channel to find RP but then also scare away others by entertaining themselves: kicking/banning people they didn't like or spoke against them. This was long ago when this channel was done by Pilus, most of the time Pilus and I find ourselves banning those people because we always ended up with admin. But eventually one of their "gang" friends got it and unbanned them.

We had a second one and it was made by Xariandra, that one worked but the message didn't really get out good enough and it got deserted.

I hope it works a third seeing has theres been a while since we had a proper.

Edit: And trust me, I gave them the slap a couple of times. It was fun to see when I were on an alt it was chaos, and when I got on Tyragon they cooled down since they were afraid how far I would go to stop them since hopefully they knew what they were doing. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ciccone

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-06-25

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyWed May 13, 2009 8:36 pm

If you are using the channel /lfrp then it has had a few people lurking in it recently though nothing much was ever said. I'd love to see this channel come into use a lot more (especially over the summer when my time for WoW increases exponentially) and I know that my own character Miatela and my better half's main character are part of the /lfrp channel.
Back to top Go down
Tyragon Shademourn

Tyragon Shademourn

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 2:14 am

Good news!

It got ressuracted yesterday! It was quite easy and alot wanted to promote it's existance. All we need is for it stay alive as long as SSL lives on. Join, join, join those who haven't! Everyone else, spread the word! cheers
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 8:09 am

Jolly good!

((p.s. it's "resurrected"))
Back to top Go down
Snicka

Snicka

Number of posts : 1229
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 9:47 am

Opathu wrote:
Jolly good!

((p.s. it's "resurrected"))

Actually, it's REZ-d.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:09 am

I shall try to remember to join next time I log my alliance chars.

Hopefully it is more entertaining than horde LFRP has been lately. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 11:28 am

Sorry Vex, hadn't realised LFRP was there just to entertain you Razz

tbh, i prefer it when my chat window isn't full of ppl advertising their new guild, or spamming 'lfg: daily heroic' while i'm trying to keep track of what the people i'm rp-ing with are saying Wink

nah, joking aside, these channels should be there to help advertise and co-ordinate rp. Sure, say hi to your freinds and have a discussion on some lore point, but for some reason they often end up as just another channel for inane spam and i for one find it -really- distracting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:34 pm

Vypra wrote:

tbh, i prefer it when my chat window isn't full of ppl advertising their new guild, or spamming 'lfg: daily heroic' while i'm trying to keep track of what the people i'm rp-ing with are saying Wink

nah, joking aside, these channels should be there to help advertise and co-ordinate rp. Sure, say hi to your freinds and have a discussion on some lore point, but for some reason they often end up as just another channel for inane spam and i for one find it -really- distracting.

This is why I have a window set aside purely for RP, so I have /w, /s and /y enabled and that's it.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 12:53 pm

I have /join LFOppy as my only window and IN THE BIGGEST FONT POSSIBLE. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected EmptyThu May 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Vypra wrote:

That was your first mistake...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected   [Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected Empty

Back to top Go down

[Alliance] LFRP Channel Resurrected
Page 1 of 1