We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The reasons for why I left - for those who care.

Go down 
+11
munechi
Morgalyen
Vexacus
Opathu
Sertah
Shadowtroll
Vypra
Siheld
Ashya
Chowlawu
Quintilius
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

The reasons for why I left - for those who care. Empty
PostSubject: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:38 pm

I left to get a threesome. Sorry <3
Back to top Go down
Chowlawu

Chowlawu

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-05-29

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:42 pm

First!

Also, that doesn't sound like you.. A threesome? Quin, please.
Back to top Go down
Ashya

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:43 pm

Chowlawu wrote:
First!

Also, that doesn't sound like you.. A threesome? Quin, please.

Indeed...

Only three?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:44 pm

Old. Been there, done that. And besides, who choses a threesome over roleplay??? Mad
Back to top Go down
Ashya

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:45 pm

Lynnora wrote:
Old. Been there, done that. And besides, who choses a threesome over roleplay??? Mad

You -obviously- never had a GOOD threesome...
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:47 pm

Man, man, girl
or girl, girl, man?
Back to top Go down
Ashya

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:49 pm

Siheld wrote:
Man, man, girl
or girl, girl, man?

or man, man, man? Man, girl, pony? Man, circus clown, girl? Man, girl, midget girl? Man, girl, household appliance?
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:50 pm

you had to quit WoW to get a threesome? heh, i knew men couldn't multi-task Laughing
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:54 pm

Ashya wrote:
Siheld wrote:
Man, man, girl
or girl, girl, man?

or man, man, man? Man, girl, pony? Man, circus clown, girl? Man, girl, midget girl? Man, girl, household appliance?

Okay, the circus clown and pony part freaked me out..

Quote :

you had to quit WoW to get a threesome? heh, i knew men couldn't multi-task Laughing

-.-
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 5:56 pm

Vypra wrote:

And yet he chose the right thing!
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Sertah

Sertah

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-19

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 6:13 pm

*Nods Sagely* A threesome is a transient thing, WoW will last forever. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:08 pm

Vypra wrote:

Surely the whole point of a threesome is that you are "doing" 2 things at the same time!
Back to top Go down
Vypra
Admin
Vypra

Number of posts : 2810
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 8:49 pm

as he's a bloke, it will be two ppl doing things to him *smirks*
Back to top Go down
https://wearelegion.forumakers.com

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyMon Apr 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:37 am

Aye, threesomes can be fun ... except you lose your wallet .. have to call Amex to get new traveller's cheques ... wake up drugged, bound and naked ... *wanders off, humming innocently*

(stuff like this is always better in fantasy than reality... bit like WoW really ^^)
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:43 am

Right.

The threesome is only a part of the truth and not really IT. However I am sure that the chances of getting one will increase if I don't spend so much time in WoW.

But here's the Thing. I am a lively chap at age 24. I am supposed to be a uni student, I am supposed to spend my days studying and my weekends tasting the local beer and do Silly Things with girls. Frankly, there's so much stuff I should be doing, but I end up not doing since I get sucked into the fantastical world of warcraft.

WoW has been one huge escapism for me. Heck, that's even how I got into this game. I purposefully started playing to forget a really tough break-up nearly three years ago. And ever since then WoW has been such an easy place to escape to whenever there was something I didn't want to do (but probably should do) IRL. Which is all fine and well if you can moderate it, but lately it's been obvious that I am way beyond where it's healthy.

It became too easy to escape into wow and thus the things I should do, but didn't do all just added up and the more it added up the more problematic it became and thus I used even more time to escape into WoW and so the loop goes.

The playtime on Quint is at 150 days. With all my chars combined it's somewhere around 200 days. That's 640 days worth in work days. 2 years and 10 months worth of full time work! That is -alot- of time and energy to spend on a virtual world which acievements mean nothing in the real world. I cannot defend this use of time when there's so much I need to spend time on in the real world.

I cannot let ingame goals and achievements overshadow the pursuit of goals and achievements in the real world. I cannot accept that a game has such a great impact on my mood and has me thinking about the world of Quintilius and what he will do when I am out with friends, when I should be 100% in the world of Marius. It all boils down to me being addicted to the game and loosing interest in real life matters which should come before all, especially a game.

I am in a position in my life, as a young uni student who needs to focus on where to steer the rest of my life, where I have to spend most of my time making sure I don't fuck up the first important steps of the rest of my life. I don't blame WoW in itself for being a cause for me fucking up, I am a dude who easily seek for escapism, and WoW was my way. Moderation and being able to do both would probably be the best way, but I have proved to myself that I am not good at moderating myself this way and thus it has to be all or nothing for it to be helpful.

However, the world of Quintilius and all the people I've met there truly has been awesome. I've met so many great (and not so great Razz ) people in this game and the whole RP thing has been wonderful. I actually beleive that the RP and playing of characters in WoW to the extent I have have teached me many valuable things that I can use in my work with theatre.

I'll refrain from mentioning names as there's so many that I'd like to thank that I'd be afraid to forget someone. But I'd really like to thank Ashen Order for being one helluva good guild and such a fun place to let Quint stay, my stay on SSL would truly not been the same had it not been for this guild. Despite what some nasty tongues may say, this guild is one of -the- best and enjoyable places I've experienced on this server so thank you Ashen Order.

But ofcourse there are so many more that has made it epic to play Quintilius. You crazy lot in LFRP, you even crazier lot who still hang out in plague, and also the new aquaintances I got the last months. Nice to see that even after so long playing Quint the new RP'ers I meet make it just as enjoyable to play him as the old RP'ers. I'll probably remember the lot of you for many years to come..

Anyways, this post is getting too long so ta ta fellas and if any of you want to keep in touch please free to drop a line on msn, my adress is: mostler85@hotmail.com (DO IT!)

Oh yeah, and I still want that threesome...
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:08 am

Gief invite to Trondheim you fucking emo Wink
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:16 am

You're right, the game did make me emo. I fixed that Wink

And do come to Trondheim once, it's a lovely city. Or you could come to the Hove festival in southern norway and see prodigy, disturbed, slipknot etc etc and chill in our rose garden! Razz
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:17 am

Gief invite to me + da wife + da kid to Hove festival then. And no talking about threesomes Razz

Shame I can't borrow Quint for one last night in the Pleasure Pits ...
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 am

GL fella, sorry to see you go, but indeed you must do what you think best.
Besides, like you say uni is a great time with lots of student fanny around, you should indeed be taking the time to sample as much as possible. Wink

I hope you'll drop into these forums still.

But I just warn, I don't usually believe people making these style posts won't come back.
And besides, you know a simple GM ticket can restore your deleted chars, right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:33 am

Well vexxa... I write this kind of style post since I know some people would want to know why I leave and I would feel like abit of a bastard if I just left without a word. Besides, I am too lazy to go through all the hassle it is to install the game again and ticket a gm Wink

And Oppy, I can take on your wife on a twosome, no problem. Mwehehe.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:41 am

Quintilius wrote:
Well vexxa... I write this kind of style post since I know some people would want to know why I leave and I would feel like abit of a bastard if I just left without a word.

Like I did.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:43 am

Morgalyen wrote:
Quintilius wrote:
Well vexxa... I write this kind of style post since I know some people would want to know why I leave and I would feel like abit of a bastard if I just left without a word.

Like I did.

Yes, but you're alliance.
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 11:45 am

Morgalyen wrote:
Like I did.

Me too when I quit, usually for only a few months at a time. Wink
I do the same though IRL, I hate goodbyes, plus I am a jerk.
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:13 pm

Quintilius wrote:
Morgalyen wrote:
Quintilius wrote:

Like I did.

Yes, but you're alliance.

i did it too and im horde Razz

but now im back
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The reasons for why I left - for those who care.   The reasons for why I left - for those who care. Empty

Back to top Go down

The reasons for why I left - for those who care.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next