We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

UK Police: a legal gang

Go down 
+2
Opathu
Vexacus
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Vexacus

Vexacus

Number of posts : 881
Registration date : 2008-05-27

UK Police: a legal gang Empty
PostSubject: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:27 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7989027.stm

Seriously, thats all they fucking are.
Most coppers couldn't solve a fucking game of cluedo, unless Professor Black was killed by a speeding car which was caught on a speed camera.
Otherwise forget it.

The only qualification for joining the UK police is that you say you aren't rascist or biased towards any minority.
I find that video really disgusting, but not suprising.

The fact they try to cover it up is the best of all.
Wankers.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:39 am

I think the only surprising thing about this event was that someone caught it on camera.

To be fair, it's a tough job -- I've known a few cops through my research work -- but there's still a significant number with the violent/racist tendencies filling out the lower ranks too. But just consider all the shit they deal with day-to-day, the crap that gets thrown their way (think: Friday nights). Still, it's no excuse for this, I agree.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:54 am

It's sick to see that, I hope they get banged up for it too!
Back to top Go down
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 5:06 pm

Tbh, seems like the UK is filled with these kind of shitbags no matter what profession you look into - at least going by the other things I've seen from over there. Shouldn't be found in a peacekeeping force indeed, but as you all say, not really that surprising.

It's like Bullet told me once when we went out for a late McD pickup; Don't say anything to anyone on a late friday night. They will find something in what you say to start a fight. I'm guessing that's what happened with this police officer. He looked at the guy, saw something that he connected to behavior that he didn't want and acted to correct the behavior.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 8:51 pm

Aye they're a load of complete bored cunts where I come from and lift you for anything. Hope those police officers go down for that like. Completely out of order.

One of my mates once got lifted for saying "There's the pigs" as they DROVE past with their windows down.
Back to top Go down
Kadris

Kadris

Number of posts : 126
Registration date : 2008-06-27

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptySun Apr 12, 2009 11:25 pm

Archnazg wrote:
Aye they're a load of complete bored cunts where I come from and lift you for anything. Hope those police officers go down for that like. Completely out of order.

One of my mates once got lifted for saying "There's the pigs" as they DROVE past with their windows down.

Too right. If your idiot mate's going to say crap like that when they can hear it, he deserved to be picked up. I mean, what was the point? Now unless you can say they beat him, cuffed him, threw him into the car while beating him and/or abused him in the cell he's got absolutely NOTHING to gripe about. He acted like a twat.

If they'd said something just as offensive within hearing of some bloke they didn't like who wasn't a cop, chances are he'd have done a lot worse.

Not all cops are twats. As with any group anywhere, as with ALL of HUMANITY, there are going to be bad apples.

Yes, more is expected from those meant to uphold the laws. And yes, that one and those who covered for him should be dealt with harshly. It's just highly crap to label the whole force on the actions of the bad apples. Just push for the bad apples to be dealt with as they should.
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 8:25 am

Indeed, not all are twats. Though they don't do their job right.

Last night a cop turned up at a 16th birthday party with about 30 underagers drinking, and about 10 18+... now he said he "Wasn't bothered" about all the 14-16 yearolds drinking.. It's like.. not very professional tbh. I know he's being cool and all that letting people drink, but still.. he condoned underage drinking. bad bad bad

Oh, and my mate.. he got a 75 quid fine for speaking like that. It wasn't even TOO the pigs, was just as they passed. Complete cuntishness like. They should have better things to do.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 9:47 am

Archnazg wrote:
Indeed, not all are twats. Though they don't do their job right.

Last night a cop turned up at a 16th birthday party with about 30 underagers drinking, and about 10 18+... now he said he "Wasn't bothered" about all the 14-16 yearolds drinking.. It's like.. not very professional tbh. I know he's being cool and all that letting people drink, but still.. he condoned underage drinking. bad bad bad

Oh, and my mate.. he got a 75 quid fine for speaking like that. It wasn't even TOO the pigs, was just as they passed. Complete cuntishness like. They should have better things to do.

Lol Wink Just wait until you're leaning over your zimmer frame (IB4 'like you!') shouting at the "filthy yoof!"
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 10:25 am

It seems the standard isn't very high. I know a fair few coppers and always when you ask them why they joined it's "dunno, it's a job."

I hate the way whenever you get collared by one and try to talk to them they always start with stuff like "SHUT UP AND LISTEN TO ME, DONT TALK YOURSELF INTO MORE TROUBLE."
Like what? I can't say anything you fucking bellstave?

I could mention other occassions, like where me and Vyp's were in town and some lad got sparked then he was being booted on the floor. I was stood next to a cop car at the time and they were busy talking to each other and didn't even notice something going on about 50 yards away... had to bang on their window to tell them to go and sort it out.

Still, what can you expect in a country where a guy gets shot in the face on a tube by a group of armed cops because someone needed a piss at a critical moment?

I don't doubt they have a hard job in some ways, but imo the whole force needs reforming and candidates trained to a higher standard. What was seen in that clip where a guy is attacked for no reason belongs in the police force of some Banana republic, not the UK.
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 1:16 pm

Vex, take a chillpill man Very Happy

Yes, that video is grim indeed. And i believe that the Police force in question is actually talking steep measures because of it. I am a 2.Lt with the Norwegian Ranger Batallion(before the cutbacks). Currently not working in the army anymore but studying to become a teacher. Why i mention this is because there are ways of which such things as this is being handled. The Police force and military forces share alot of common ground when it comes to structure. Even tho it to the public seems they turtle up protecting their own, internally its hell to pay. The outward protection of the coppers there is to do just that. There are probably a million good cops to every 100 bad one. So they do so to protect the million, while the 100 get a serious beating "where-no-one-can-see". I suspect that the copper in question here will be sackedof and most likely trailed for it, depending on the investigation.

However, one bad cop doing something awfull as this doesnt mean we should judge em all. In my own city in Norway we had at the beginning of this year a cop who shot his GF dead because she broke it off with him, then he killed himself. An unthinkable act by someone who had worked in the force for nearly 30 years. One expects more from coppers, but one cant forget that they are indeed just human beings. When they go home from work they are just like you and me, and like any human being they have very human problems. What happend with that poor old man was a tragedy, and an act of short wits i would say. I doubt he actually ment to kill that poor man, nor forsaw that pushing him would lead to an heart attack, and i believe his guilt is weighing heavy on him as we write about this.

People will be people, no matter their job. And as people, they do the most stupid things all the time.

But its wrong to judge em all for being gits, useless and not working - that their teaching from the police accademy or training is faulty because of a few brainless a-holes.

The world would be a very much worse place if we didnt have em to be honest.

This swings alot the other way aswell, as seen in Australia. A barbrawl getting out of hand, ending with policemen getting dragged into the fighting, and one of them resorting to using a tazergun. The policeman then gets fly-headbutted by someone else, and crashes to the ground lifelessly. With serious headtrauma as a resoult, and half his body paralyzed for life. This counts in most countries as a major assault on a police officer - however - the man doing this got equitted with a 1000$ fine, as self defence, for coming to aid his father in "need".

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,25177866-948,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,25307877-948,00.html
http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,27574,25221416-2761,00.html
((Newspaper articles concerning the event, from the paper "Perth Now"))

Make your own opinion from the video on how much "self defence" it was...
Back to top Go down
http://www.noctem.phpbb24.com

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyTue Apr 14, 2009 3:24 pm

Fendoor wrote:
Vex, take a chillpill man Very Happy

I think he's had enough pills in his lifetime lol!
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 8:23 am

What does a murder suicide have to do with what I am talking about?

We are talking about these coppers looking for trouble, being "up for it."
You only have to see the fact half of them are covering their face, doing their best to avoid being identified. Do you think that is acceptable for a police force in a democracy? Maybe in an operation against terrorists, but against a public protest?

Then we have the fact they initially deny the fact any CCTV or video evidence exists of the incident. Unlucky for them someone was recording, and as it turns out there were CCTv camera's in the area despite their initial denial. We all know that there will be a big inquiry which will last for months, and then they will do their best to quietly let everyone off the hook when the fuss has calmed down.

In the initial video you can see the guy is scared, and this coward armed pig attacks him from behind with a weapon. Fucking brave eh, what a hero?
Back to top Go down
Huyana

Huyana

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2008-12-15

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:28 am

The murder is just to say that cops are just people, and like normal people they do stupid, or horrific things. But one idiot copper dont make em all idiots. Im not saying i disagree with you that this masked assault on this bystander is outrageous - im saying that claiming all cops to be like that is just as outrageous.

And yes Vex - if you ever worked in any form of security, you would know and appreciate the security a mask actually gives you. As a cop you are only there to do a job, no matter what your personal feeling on the matter is. Your there to do the job you get paid for. And as such you dont want protesters to recognize you and come after you at your home, or harrass your family. Because that is what most cops are you know, normal family people when they aint at work.

And to be serious, this matter would not make you rise even an eyebrow had it not been for the fact that the man died if heart attack. If he didnt it would just be cop pushing a dude over. And it would be gone from the media and even your own mind within a day. And no Vex, he didnt use a weapon - he pushed.

Bottom line is that being a cop aint an easy job, and they do serve us well, even tho you might not notice. Not noticing is usually a sign of them doing their job well. But then there comes the few episodes, were people stand up in arms and claim the cops being useless.

Its like blaming the US military for being evil because of the wars in Irak and Afghanistan. But down on the ground, each soldier is an individual just doing what he gets paid to do. Its work. And ofcourse you will have your 10 assholes for every 10.000 soldiers there. It dont make em all bad people, even tho the cause they are forced to promote is bad.

My point is, we're all human. And with every 1 million you get your 1 total asshole who has a very wrong perception of the world. That alone dont make that million the same. Blaming everyone is just as shortsighted as that idiot pushing that old man in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
http://www.noctem.phpbb24.com
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 9:54 am

I think the military and the police are two different things and not a fair comparison.
The military is paid and trained to kick the shit out of stuff, that is not the primary function of a policeman.

You are right ofc, if this guy hadn't died then it wouldn't be in the news and we wouldn't be debating this here most likely.

But, who says this is isolated incident?
Here you can see another case which has just come out at the same protest:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7999277.stm

Coupled with the fact people were complaining before the event that the police were increasingly becoming heavy handed at these protests, and I think it points to a poor culture inside the police.

There are a lot of issues here imo, not just individuals. Why is it when the Banks and the City get threatened millions are spent on fired up coppers to come and teach those who dare protest a lesson? There are plenty of no-go inner city areas where next to no money is spent, but arguably that would be a better use of resources.

From my own experience I find most police extremly patronising and not too smart, I guess that just colours my opinion's too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:10 am

Listening to the radio this morning, it sounds like the latest thing to be reported is by someone from the same squad and apparently, in both cases, they were covering their police numbers so as not to be identified. I think that this is the problem, that people seem to be deliberately hiding themselves and thus more than likely not caring about the people that they are employed to protect.
That said, it is clearly a minority, most likely a minuscule minority. But as you can see from this and the example given in the film Magnum Force, all it needs is a few people to organise and abuse the system and you will have serious problems!
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 am

Why did I just think of Gurfang with Tom Sellick's moustache just then...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:18 am

Opathu wrote:

That's Magnum P.I. you cretin!
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:19 am

Gurfang wrote:
Opathu wrote:

That's Magnum P.I. you cretin!

You tell him Gurfy, don't disrespect Magnum P.I., or Higgins will set his dogs on you or something.
Back to top Go down
Opathu

Opathu

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 10:40 am

Ah, but does Gurf have the manly hairy chest of Hawaii's favourite PI? Or the same RL proclivities?
Back to top Go down
Vexacus

Vexacus

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang EmptyFri Apr 24, 2009 3:49 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UK Police: a legal gang   UK Police: a legal gang Empty

Back to top Go down

UK Police: a legal gang
Page 1 of 1