We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Lynnora's story I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Lynnora's story I Empty
PostSubject: Lynnora's story I   Lynnora's story I EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 10:06 am

Tired, Lynnora strolled down the path towards the lift, and she pondered on the evening. It had been a successful evening, the Sin’dorei seemed pleased as they read O Tal Nor on the posters. Too long, it had been much too long.

She greeted the guard that was obviously on night duty with an approving nod and stepped on the lift up to Freewind Post. Overlooking the needles of Thousand Needles, Lynnora quickly attached the last poster she had kept on to the lift.

As soon as she closed the door of her room in the Freewind Post Inn, she took off her robe. Letting it fall on the ground, Lynnora carelessly left it there and sat down on her bed.

From out of the shadow, a sharp hiss came suddenly. “What were you doing out there, wearing those deceiving clothes again?” Frightened, Lynn peered into the corner the sound seemed to come from, and out of the shadows stepped her twin sister. She noticed Lynnora had drawn her sharp blade out of its holster by instinct and awkwardly slid it back in when she noticed it was only her sister.

“Ghala, scare the living daylights out of me again and you will have to pay with your life some day. Now get out of my room and let me sleep.” Lynnora said, as she pulled the blanket over her tired body and laid her head to rest. Seemingly relaxed, however her heartbeat underneath her shirt was slightly more hunted than Lynnora appeared to be.

Her sister threw her head back and let out a loud and evil cackle. “What, otherwise you’ll slice my throat like you have done to –“
“ENOUGH! OUT!” Lynn got up quickly and pointed at the door. Angered, she looked at her sister, her eyes full of hatred and her lower lip trembling with hurt.

“You know, Lynn”, Ghala said as she placed her hands on her waist, “I don’t know what you are doing out there every time, dressed like .. an idiot.. but it is time you are true to your intentions and we make our way to Outland.” Full of inferiority, she added “.. so much time has already been lost since you decided it would be good to ‘meet people’ “.

The wind blowing through the open window chilled her near bare back and for a moment, Lynnora wondered it might be the best thing to just lay down and fall asleep, completely ignoring the ranting Sin’dorei in front of her that looked so much like her.
She peered at her sister, who took advantage of that moment of hesitation, and hissed:

“I have seen you talking to Sin’dorei men… to a Magister even… Are you looking to repeat history?”

Lynnora’s eyes widened in shock and she reached for her dagger as she exclaimed against her sister “What a low thing to say!”.
Pointing at the bejeweled hand on the daggers hilt, Ghala hissed sharp “What a surprising act for a mage” Putting all of her sarcasm and hate into the word mage, Ghala grinned.
“They have all already high suspicion, I am very sure of that. I have overheard people talk about you as I laid my ear to listen in the shadows. This mage act, it’s ridiculous.”

Lynnora, awfully aware of the truth, shook her head in denial. “I can learn, I will keep practicing. The Arcane is something I should have affinities with, I just have to find a way to bring them to expression”.

Cackling, Ghala grinned “You do not wield the Arcane whatsoever, Lynnora. Not a single spark have I seen coming from your hands when you practice your spells. You are a mindless, dishonourable rogue and it is about time you come clean with it.”

“I am a good person, Ghala. Besides, you have no right of speech, being a rogue yourself”, Lynn said accusingly.
“But you have slaughtered one of our own! You have slaughtered one of the Sin’dorei! They will find out, Lynn, they will!”

Lynn ran to the door, opened it and looked around the corner if anyone had overheard them talking. Trying to clear her mind, she shook her head from side to side, but her instincts had already taken over. Both the palms of her hands enclosed the hilts of her glowing blades and her muscles rose with every heartbeat.
“Mention… mention him again… and… I cannot guarantee I can master my own instincts anymore…” she whispered, fighting the urge to let her dagger penetrate her sisters skin.

“ ‘Oops sorry my instincts took over but I’m a mage, really, really!’ “ Ghala laughed as a child. “Spit out by society, the first person to love you signs his own death wish”.

The wind breezing softly through the window made Ghala turn around. Her sister had vanished and now, it was shé, who was frightened. “Okay, enough Lynn. I will watch my words, but really, you have to stop meeting people now and we must continue our preparations for the Dark Portal”.
The quick inhaling and exhaling of her breath was the only thing she heard as Ghala peered through the room. “Lynn…?”

A flash of light reflected on a blade met the eye. Then, the rustling sound of a dagger bit her in the waist, and a soft moaning escaped from Ghala’s lips. As her sister appeared from the shadows, her eyes were empty and emotionless, this instinctive nature taken her over completely.

Two times, three times, four times, Lynnora let her blade pierce the soft body of her sister before she grabbed her by the hair, pulled her head back and in one fluent movement, slit her throat.

As the body collapsed on the floor, the sound of clattering weapons awoke Lynnora from her instinctive trance. “No…… no……” she whispered, her finger tips fluttering over her sisters neck to find a pulse.
Devastated, shattered, Lynnora lifted up her sisters body and carried both the corpse as the burden on her shoulders.

She slipped into the shadows and slowly but steadily sneaked unseen to the top of one of the Needles. There, as the tears ran over her cheeks, she dropped the body into the unseen depths.

The Thousand Needles wind blowing heavily against her shattered body, she raised her head up to the dark skies and yelled out “Love, my love! What have I done! Love, if beyond life, anything at all lies in your possibilities to help me, please do so, please, rid me of this evil… So no one besides you and my sister will be victimized by my nature..”
The broken woman collapsed on top of the needle, not to wake up until after a long long night of horrible dreams, finding the body of her sister had… disappeared.

Never before was she so certain of her goal: to reach Outland, and find the only person with the cure to her insanity.
Back to top Go down

Lynnora's story I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynnora's story I   Lynnora's story I EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 4:51 pm

Oh, and this means no more dating with the twins. Sorry Quint.
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

Lynnora's story I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynnora's story I   Lynnora's story I EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:08 pm

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOtitsOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Nice story though.
Back to top Go down
Seti

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2009-03-30

Lynnora's story I Empty
PostSubject: good story   Lynnora's story I EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 5:13 pm

At first i suspected the sister to be a ghost already. like lynn killed her in the past and was now being haunted by her dead twins ghost. but you still surprised me in the end. well done
Back to top Go down

Lynnora's story I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynnora's story I   Lynnora's story I EmptyWed Apr 01, 2009 6:12 pm

there's nothing like sister's love...

oh and that was some Tyler Durden move Quint, i liked the subliminal message, suits the OP... amagad what am i talking about? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Lynnora's story I Empty
PostSubject: Re: Lynnora's story I   Lynnora's story I Empty

Back to top Go down

Lynnora's story I
Page 1 of 1