We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Celebration of O Tal Nor

Go down 
+16
Sertah
Nerinil
Archnazg
munechi
Morgalyen
Chassandra
Siheld
Brontz
Seéker
Seti
Vypra
Ryleen
Adalan
Quintilius
Shadowtroll
Ziah
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

Number of posts : 479
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:21 am

Siheld wrote:
Horde only?
I will attend anyways Wink
I <3 Horde and they know!! *peers at the lovemails he wrote for Sylvanas and Vypra*

I can tell you know that you can't reach that spot Siheld, you'll aggro guards when trying to reach that. Only the outer edges of Thunder Bluff are safe for alliance (+ a few other areas if you have any idea about your aggro range)
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:26 am

Ziah wrote:
Vypra wrote:
Adalan sent out calender invites. it really does help to remind ppl in this way.

If you don't want to send invites to every individual, try just sending to the guild leaders and ask them to pass the message on Smile

So how do we do that? I haven't ever used the calendar thingies before.

Neither had I. It wasn't that hard, I remember. Just click the doodad, do the thing to the other thing, fiddle with the jobby, articulate the flanges, gather up the residue and bake for 30 mins 200 degrees c or gas mark 6 in old money.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:46 am

I've used the calendar a lot before but making an event is always on guild level as far as I know. And as I'm guildless, I have no idea how I should do that.
I'd like to give out calendar notes but I'll just announce it in LFRP a couple times an evening in the days preceding the event. That should make people wary.
Thought about making GHI invitations but that won't work as many people don't have that addon.

If you have any other ideas, please let us know.

Adalan, how about music stones? Or is this event not big enough for having it's own stone Wink
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:52 am

No, you can invite anyone and everyone to calendar events. The only problem is that you have to do them individually, which can be hard when you're trying to invite the entire bloody server. And the calendar window fills the entire screen and you can't see who just sent you a whisper with a funny name full of accents and ARGH ARGH ARGH.

That aside though it's a useful and powerful tool to keep track of events. For Sunfury 2008 I was sending out written invitations through the in-game mail, which is even harder to keep track of.

As for music stones, I'll think about it but it's probably best to come up with something different and unique to the event. I'll give it some thought and we can discuss it later.

Last edited by Adalan on Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 10:56 am

Alright, I should get that calendar thing up and running then.
I need a good device for inviting people anyways because I'm not planning on this to be the last event I have ventured upon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 11:02 am

Okay, figured it out!
I've invited some already, and set moderator status for some, so they can invite too.
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

Number of posts : 1446
Registration date : 2008-08-17

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:35 pm

Morgalyen wrote:
Siheld wrote:
Horde only?
I will attend anyways Wink
I <3 Horde and they know!! *peers at the lovemails he wrote for Sylvanas and Vypra*

I can tell you know that you can't reach that spot Siheld, you'll aggro guards when trying to reach that. Only the outer edges of Thunder Bluff are safe for alliance (+ a few other areas if you have any idea about your aggro range)

*cries*
I wanna re-roll Horde.. SadSad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 12:53 pm

Well, you're invited, for what it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 1:00 pm

Okay, directions for Siheld... go to the main lift, take the right lift when facing Thunder Bluff. Sneak past all the guards and don't aggro any vendors. Stay as far to the edge as possible and follow the path to Cairn. Sneak in and profit.

If the shit hits the fan, run to the edge, jump and wait till you are nearly on the ground before using slow fall. (or use invisibility)
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 06, 2009 3:13 pm

I'll just use invis, but I'll check out with a horde char first ^^
And thx for the invite!
And thx to Morgy for "tom-toming" me
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:01 am

UNFORTUNATELY

We have been testing the location and the fireworks yesterday, and it was not pretty.
A GM has just confirmed that most fireworks we have do not work in major cities. There is an issue with the launchers that will not work for an unknown reason. Also many other fireworks do not work there as they should. We are considering another place to hold this. Luckily we still have a lot of time, I will post the change of location (if we change it at all) here on the forum and I will send everyone ingame email who signed up for the event in the ingame calendar.
Back to top Go down
Morgalyen

Morgalyen

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:05 am

Maybe an odd idea, but.... I don't know if there are some parts of ground near the bluff that are elevated but not considered part of the city? Maybe it would be possible to launch the fireworks from there then that you can still see them in the city itself?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 7:13 am

Edit: blank.

Last edited by Lynnora on Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 8:48 am

That's odd.. I wonder if it's a recent bug? The Sparrows held their fireworks show in Undercity a few months ago, and that worked just fine. But perhaps the courtyard didn't count as inside the city?
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:17 am

“This bolt should go… right about… here!” Lynnora tightly screwed on the bolt of the firework launcher and took a step back to admire the result of two hours work.

“It looks nothing like a firework launcher”, Ziah replied, gaping at the machine.

Lynnora wiped her oily hands off and shrugged. “Well, I’m pretty sure this is how Ryleen said it had to be assembled. Shall we test it?”

Ziah opened the big crate that had the goblin mark ‘WARNING, CONTAINS EXPLOSIVES’ on it and carefully took out an enormous red cluster rocket. She unwrapped the paper off it and placed the rocket in the launcher.

“Light it, light it!”, she enthusiastically shouted out loud. Lynnora grabbed her X-200Z Cigarette Lighter from her backpack and held the flame near the kernel, as suddenly - “HALT!”

Lynn dropped her lighter and turned around. A muscular Tauren looked down on the two girls. Rather annoyed with the interruption, the girls both snapped “What?!”.

“High Chieftain Bloodhoof wishes to have a word with you.”

Ziah shook her head quickly. “These are urgent matters we are attending, and we have Cairne’s approval!”

The guard snorted and repeated. “HIGH CHIEFTAIN Bloodhoof wishes to have a word with you”, emphasizing the Chieftain’s title.

“Let’s just see what he has to say”, Lynnora shrugged, unsatisfactory walking away from the firework launcher.

“You requested our presence, Chieftain?”, Lynnora bowed deeply.

“Ah, yes, I have been expecting you, young Sin’dorei.”

“Bring it on”, Ziah chafed inwardly. Cairne seemed not to notice her tone, and if he did, he didn’t bother.

“What is it you have assembled on my rise?”, he slowly asked, raising his hand to point to the firework launcher.

Lynnora raised an eyebrow. “It’s a fireworks launcher for the event, Chieftain. We are testing it to see how high the rockets will reach.” They had gone through all of this before Cairne approved of being the host city for the event, she wondered why he asked yet again.

“Ah, yes, I remember. As much as I regret to say, I will have to ask you to refrain from using fireworks on the Rise”, he spoke, slowly, his voice deep and powerful.

“WHAT?!” The girls both shouted out displeased. “With all due respect, Chieftain, but we have gone through the celebration with you and you know fireworks are what it is all about!”

“Unfortunately, I have given it some thought, and decided to forbid you from using it. The explosions will be big I can conclude from that machine you have assembled, and such noise could scare the citizens. We have not had fireworks here before, and the citizens might think it be the Earthmother enraging in lightning and thunder. We cannot have that…- “

“Then invite the citizens over as well!”

Cairne continued his plea, as if he had not been interrupted. “Besides that, a young Tauren was born overnight on the Spirit Rise, and we should let it sleep in peace…-”

“I will carry it around so it can watch the fireworks!”
“We’ll have earplugs made for it!”

Cairne raised an eyebrow as he threw back the final argument. “The tents are highly inflammable! That will be all, Elves. May the Earthmother bless your path and if not, please hold your event elsewhere.”

Cairne nodded at them and closed his eyes on the spot.

Lynnora and Ziah walked out of Cairne’s tent and discussed the bad luck with each other. “We will just have to light the fireworks right outside Thunder Bluff, next to the lift. After all, he only said he didn’t want them on his Rise.”

Ziah nodded and helped Lynnora take apart the machine. “Oh, I’ll quickly run back and give Cairne the recruitment letter!”

As Cairne opened his eyes, his attention was drawn by the note he appeared to be holding.

“And what might this be,” he pondered, reading the note out loud.

“We are hiring!

For O Tal Nor, we are looking for employees. The pay will be a night out with the two hostesses.
We are hiring:

- A responsible person to hand out fireworks on the evening of the festival
- A barkeep to hand out drinks in the bar area in – WHAT?!”

Cairne roared “IN MY TENT?!”

(( OOC : Just so everyone knows, the fireworks do not work inside major cities or fail often, because major cities are not considered open area’s but game technically have a ‘roof’. Therefore we are having the mini event of lighting the fireworks right next to the lift at 22.00. You will all be noticed when to move down and will be guided.
The event will STILL be on Cairne’s Rise!
We are looking for volunteers for handing out fireworks and a barkeep, please let me know if you are interested.
The position of firework launchers has already been taken by Teraly and Seti. ))
Back to top Go down
Ziah

Ziah

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2009-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 9:25 am

I like it Wink
Back to top Go down
munechi

Number of posts : 434
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:09 pm

oi i got some fireworks too i think
i remember creating lots of flares when i wrote scarshield legion in flares.

maybe i can give you some
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyTue Apr 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Feel free to come shoot them yourself, fun!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Archnazg

Archnazg

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 8:37 am

A fluffy event.. gief more horrible events. Good though, I will try and attend on some alt.
Back to top Go down
Nerinil

Nerinil

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-24

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 12:41 pm

The world need more fluffyness!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:33 pm

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=8638484188&sid=1

Am I the only one who sees some copy-paste-adjust-wootwehaveevent! in this?
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:36 pm

Looks more like Sunfury Ball to me...

So we can be indignant together. Bloody plagarisers!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 08, 2009 3:43 pm

Only because it's with a date and in the Sunfury Spire Wink

But I think the resemblances are striking. I don't mind at all, the more events the better, but it feels like taking the credit for someone else's job. (okay, I'll get off my soapbox now)
Back to top Go down
Siheld

Siheld

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 15, 2009 3:21 pm

Suckzz I can't be here Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 17, 2009 8:15 pm

A reminder for tomorrow! Smile All come and make a wish!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Celebration of O Tal Nor   Celebration of O Tal Nor - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Celebration of O Tal Nor
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next