We Are Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We Are Legion

The Scarshield Legion Retirement Home

HomePortalGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sunfury Ball 2009

Go down 
+10
Chassandra
Brontz
Vexacus
Ryleen
Shadowtroll
Leaf
Adalan
Morgalyen
Siheld
Vypra
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Leaf

Leaf

Number of posts : 857
Registration date : 2008-06-26

Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 10:52 am

Damn sleeping schedule just plain didn't permit me to stay up. >_<

I normally sleep between 16-24 nowadays.

I tried... but sleep got the best of me. :[
Back to top Go down
Quintilius

Quintilius

Number of posts : 735
Registration date : 2008-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:05 am

Was a fun event indeed! THe music stones rocked. (See what I did tharr?)
Back to top Go down
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 11:52 am

Well! That's that for 2009. Roll on Sunfury 2010 I guess.

I hope everyone enjoyed the event, and have fun with your souvenir music stones. Hang on to them, because they won't be available again. It's all part of my evil genius masterplan to make the Sunfury Ball a proper world event along the lines of Noblegarden and all that. Mwa-ahaha. Ahem.

Because they're still foremost in my mind, I'll get the problems out the way first - crowding and attendance. What happened was that the vast majority of people turned up at 9ish, piled into the ballroom and started talking. And as others have said, it was impossible to keep track of conversations. There are ways around this - the easiest being to fill all the corners of the room, head to the edges to chat, and leave the central area for dancing. Alternatively you can go into temporary groups for a conversation, and mix and mingle like that. I tried to bring this up, but I don't think anyone heard. Compounding the problem was me and Vypra offering people drinks, which proved a bad idea, since it added even more clutter to an already packed chatbox. I would ask a bunch of people, and completely miss which of them actually said yes. In the end I just ended up thrusting glasses of wine into people's hands, which worked far better.

Anyway, what this meant was that everyone piled in at the beginning, got worn down by the huge amount of chatter, and decided to "go and get some air", which meant heading outside and away from the party... and the more weary guests decided it was too much and left altogether, meaning it began to thin out a bit too much after about 1 1/2 hours. So the goal for next time is to try and spread the crowding out a bit more evenly over the entire event. Don't know how exactly, but I've got another year to think about it I guess.

======

Happy stuff again now! Party times was once again a roaring success, and it was great seeing so many people there! I hope you all had a chance to meet new people and spread your RP butter into new and exciting parts of the delicious toast that is SSL.

I took a bunch of screenies, and have made a flickr account to show them off best. Start here (CLICKY!), and enjoy. Special attention really has to be drawn to this one though. Shhh, don't let's ruin it. Just soak it in. Let it soak in. You'll never be able to clean it off you.

Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 3374678697_baa1f16e6a

Once again, the best dressed race were the trolls. I don't know why this is, but it was the same last year. The trolls turned up smart and pressed, talked polite and danced like ravers. Lovely stuff. Except for Genjin, who decided to come in fancy dress as some sort of troll witchdoctor. Some people!

VYPRA IS WONDERFUL PEOPLE! As is Vexacus, too. There aren't enough thanks in the world to express just how grateful I am to her for being hostess this year. It made everything go a hella lot smoother, and meant that I had time to occasionally do things other than hand out drinks. Also, the drinks were a lot better than last year, when it was pinot noir or nothing.

Best moment? (other than Vypra-thrusting-Genjin) OOCer turns up and yells, bewildered: "WTF IS GOIN ON HERE!!!!!!!!!", and recieves no answer. After a while he follows up with "LOL WTEVER WHAT DO I CARE!!!!!!" and runs off. Why can't all OOCers be that charming? Oh man!
Back to top Go down
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519
Registration date : 2008-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:16 pm

I actually talked to these yell guys, apparantly they got scared by telling them that they could get reported from a raid group of RP'ers abusing the server policy's which leads to a instant ban. Was hell of fun cause they started begging me on whisp not to do so. Apparently some said sorry and even started to RP, while others just run off.

When RP'ers are in majority we can push the RP policy very easy Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Opathu

Opathu

Number of posts : 1047
Registration date : 2008-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:20 pm

Disguises:

I came dressed as a Dark Iron Dwarf. I actually clicked an item by mistake that did this (lol?) from Blackrock Spire I think, but hey, then I was RPing that 'Charles' (as I was) was here to do a deal with Suulas, for delivery of future lines of Dwarven and other underworld gimps. And then Mr Horrison proved to be the most interested Razz (you sick f**k Shadowtroll! Exclamation )

Then I came back as Opathu, wearing those goggles you get from Shadowmoon Valley in Outland, which lets you see ghosts. I PRP'd that these were Gnomish X-Ray Specs, and I had great fun staring at everyone with them Wink After that I just put on my monocle and occasionally losing self-control, like David Banner, and "transforming" into a cackling demonic monstrosity (no, not Vex ^^).

I was also using a very useful RP consumable: Winterwall Firewater, which you loot from Furbolgs. It makes you bigger, basically -- and Opathu's story is that he is one *massive* orc! Very Happy

Last edited by Opathu on Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.nickryan.net
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:21 pm

Adalan wrote:

Once again, the best dressed race were the trolls. I don't know why this is, but it was the same last year. The trolls turned up smart and pressed, talked polite and danced like ravers. Lovely stuff.

Because we're just that awesome Wink
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Shadowtroll

Shadowtroll

Number of posts : 1519

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:22 pm

Some people just have it, others roll trolls and have more Cool
Back to top Go down
http://ahoy-blackhands.darkbb.com/forum.htm
Elisse

Elisse

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2009-01-02

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 12:31 pm

The ball was awesome, as i fortold!
Great job, Addy and Vypra, must have been a little frantic for you!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 22, 2009 4:00 pm

crap i forgot them pics too... only got one with these two hotties... anyway was fun evening indeed, ended even better at the murder row i must say Laughing

Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 Wowscr11
Back to top Go down
Katheryn

Number of posts : 78
Registration date : 2009-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 7:39 am

Heh, that was an awesome night, scared me a little due to the amount of text, so me and my date went to help Brontz with his kidnapped date!

Well done to all and really well done on those Music Stones!

Katheryn.

P.S. I saw me! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ryleen

Ryleen

Number of posts : 762

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 29, 2009 10:15 am

I was thinking.. How abot having the drinks being served on the balcony outside, while people can dance inside? It'd mean about twice as much space, which means half the spam in chat. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://aldriona.deviantart.com
Adalan

Adalan

Number of posts : 255
Registration date : 2009-01-16

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 30, 2009 7:26 am

That's actually a good idea. Setting up a bar area would help alleviate the crowding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunfury Ball 2009   Sunfury Ball 2009 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sunfury Ball 2009
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2